AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2008-07-22, 14:01   Link #161
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Yea I love Chamillionaire's mixtapes..especially his screwed and chopped versions
Old 2008-07-31, 18:34   Link #162
khouram

i am a big hip hop and rap fan i listen to the game, 2pac, lupe fiasco, nas, big l, and much much more but i hate 50 cent and soulja boy no disrespect to any who listens to them.
Old 2008-07-31, 21:02   Link #163
King Lycan
*IT Support

Yea i can't stand soulja boy..he is a disgrace to hip hop
Old 2008-07-31, 22:01   Link #164
Daughter!

Jesus, I hate Souja Boy. The production is just awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey D. Luffy View Post
Yes, did you like his newest album "None Shall Pass?" I thought it's easily one of his best efforts since "Labor Days."
Yeah! In fact, I like it almost as much as Labor Days. What stands out for me the most is Blockhead's production. He gets better and better and better with everything he does.
Daughter! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 22:47   Link #165
Shadow Raven 91
She's a Genius I swear it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop-Punk Sucks View Post
Jesus, I hate Souja Boy. The production is just awful.

Yeah! In fact, I like it almost as much as Labor Days. What stands out for me the most is Blockhead's production. He gets better and better and better with everything he does.
Yea the album is great. “Non shall pass” and “Coffee” (even though I love the songs) had me a little worried that Aesop changed his style but that really was not the case. Labor Days is still his best work in my opinion. Have you heard is earlier album Float? Good stuff.

I agree Souja Boy is garbage. Crappy lyrics + Crappy production= garbage
no offence if you like him (not sure why)
Old 2008-07-31, 22:55   Link #166
Monkey D. Luffy

Blockhead is great, one of the best underground producers out there. His work with Aesop and other artists has been superb but to me his best work has been his instrumental albums.

"Music By Cavelight", "Downtown Science" and his newest one "Uncle Tony's Coloring Book"are all incredible with "Music By Cavelight" being his best in my opinion.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 03:03   Link #167
sa547
*Author

Currently listening to Public Enemy's "It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back". Being against the flow, I love to turn this up loud in the shop so that I can counter the current tide of hype and the garbage, make the kids wake up and know who's Chuck D and Flavor Flav.

With still frightening freshness and relevance even for nearly 20 years, I wish some of us have this album to give proper balance to our tastes in hip-hop music.
Old 2008-08-12, 05:26   Link #168
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
finally i though i was the only one who thinks the guy sucks!
his music never sounded so good >_<
no offense to his fans if he did
skyfirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 13:57   Link #169
rimaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfirefly View Post
finally i though i was the only one who thinks the guy sucks!
his music never sounded so good >_<
no offense to his fans if he did
Yeah I never liked his music as well. But someone's digging his music, cause I saw another Soulja boy music video when i was channel surfing the other day.
rimaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 19:43   Link #170
Tommy
Mr. Prince

The new Gza album isn't too shabby.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 06:12   Link #171
King Lycan
*IT Support

Have to agree with you on that one
Old 2008-08-17, 03:38   Link #172
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

I've always enjoy Prince Paul and Kool Keith, personally. Princess Superstar, MC Paul Barman, Aesop, Jurassic 5, and Hieroglyphics Crew are some other of my favorites. There are plenty more, but I don't think the point of the thread was to create a list of all the hip-hop/rap you listen to.

Lately, I've been really into Immortal Technique. The guy is really raw, and some of his music is really disturbing in a lyrical sense (check out "Dance with the Devil" as a good example), but the beats in his music are awesome, his lyrics have a "true" feel to them, and he has a really uncanny ability to link his rhymes and flow with his beats. I've heard a bit of his freestyle as well, and it's pretty outstanding.
Old 2008-09-24, 00:08   Link #173
LustfulEnvy
Casanova Extraordinaire
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to LustfulEnvy Send a message via MSN to LustfulEnvy
It pains me to see how people use rap and hiphop to solely rise the charts to earn money. They totally disregard the fact of using rap to reform society and tell the hardships living in poverty like most in the 90's. I personally think Lupe Fiasco is too underated. The guys a lyrical genius with nice flow! He also doesn't rap about sex, drugs, violence or money. Check out his song "Kick, Push" He excellently uses skateboarding as an analogy for the hardships of fitting in.

I also listen to old school rappers from the '90's like Run D.m.c. or Tribe called Quest.

Soulja Boy is just a phase, half the globe hates his music. Before you know it he'll be back on the streets, making a living, selling crack.
LustfulEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 21:13   Link #174
Shadow Raven 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
The new Gza album isn't too shabby.
I just started to get into Gza. After listening to Liquid Swords and Beneath the Surface he has become one of my favorite MCs. His new album is good but not as good as his previous releases. though I like the song "alphabets" it feels more like old school Gza. he's my favorite member of Wu-Tang, but Raekwon and RZA are good too.
Old 2008-09-25, 15:24   Link #175
mg1942

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Most songs from Soulja Boy (and this goes to most southern crunk) are designed only for those who go to clubs/parties and have a good time. I never listen to the likes of Soulja boy in private unless I'm in a party full of people who will be brave enough to chant the chorus from Crank Dat Soulja Boy
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 16:51   Link #176
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Raven 91 View Post
I just started to get into Gza. After listening to Liquid Swords and Beneath the Surface he has become one of my favorite MCs. His new album is good but not as good as his previous releases. though I like the song "alphabets" it feels more like old school Gza. he's my favorite member of Wu-Tang, but Raekwon and RZA are good too.
Anyone still listening to LiquidSwordz in 2008 gets big rep...

When the Mc's CAME, to live out the NAME and to perform some had to sniff COC*INE...

Although the Wu has fallen off severly (except for my favorite Ghostface Killah) at a moment in time they were really some of the most unique voices ever to hit wax...

Witty Unpredictaple Talent And Natural Game...

Edit: I forgot to note, while he isn't nearly as successful as most the clan they almost all to a tee have stated at some point that GZA has the best rymes...On the first few albums they would have rap-offs to see who would ryhme on what song and from my memory it was said that GZA used to win all the time...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2008-09-25 at 17:05.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 16:43   Link #177
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
So many people hating on Soulja Boy, I don't think hes all that horrible. I mean you got to start somewhere right? Who knows maybe one day he'll get better. "maybe"
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 21:45   Link #178
LustfulEnvy
Casanova Extraordinaire
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to LustfulEnvy Send a message via MSN to LustfulEnvy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainnydaiis View Post
So many people hating on Soulja Boy, I don't think hes all that horrible. I mean you got to start somewhere right? Who knows maybe one day he'll get better. "maybe"
I like the instrumentals for his songs. IMO he should become a producer rather then a rapper. Its true that he "could" get better but he is mostly only doing it for the fame and money by the looks of it. His lyrics are not the best thought out either. He also very cliche in the mainstream area.
LustfulEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 09:07   Link #179
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Anyone still listening to LiquidSwordz in 2008 gets big rep...
1995 ain't that long ago. Lotsa people are listening to stuff much older than that. Then there's the ones who only live in the musical past (even within a genre as young as hip hop).
I tend to ignore age and try to discover the best from whenever. It's not like the good music of today is being promoted into your face anyway.
Old 2008-09-27, 10:48   Link #180
Shadow Raven 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainnydaiis View Post
I’m not hatin on Solja boy. Honestly, the song is catchy and I understand why people like his music. Still to me his music is certified garbage. I’ve seen people make more complicated beats on FL Studios in less than 10 min. If he was just some guy on the internet or something he wouldn’t be so bad. There are people who do not consider their occupation as a hip-hop artist make better music and write better lyrics then him. I’ll admit some of his songs make me laugh, but he is an extreme case in which mediocre music becomes mad popular and makes tons of money. I give him cred though. As a one hit wonder he still hanging on and he is very in touch with his fans.

ps. Is anyone else thinking currentday Mc Hammer?