AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-02-20, 12:30   Link #121
Frontier

Oh hey, they updated the Opening with Miyamura's new look and new shots of the group together having fun! Even the ending of the Op changes with Miyamura smiling and not turning away from the mirror .

I guess bumping into your crush and getting your shirt wet is worth it if it means getting to wear your crush's jacket, eh Sakura ?

I can see how some might question how a straight-laced and serious student council president like Sengoku would wind up with such an energetic and flighty girl like Remi, but in truth Sengoku wants to be there for Remi and protect her because he cares about her, just like Remi is there to support him. It's a relationship of them mutually taking and supporting each other. Which is actually pretty sweet .

Poor Yuki though. She's not just supporting Ishikawa's broken heart because she's his bud, but because she actually has feelings for him too, she's just never open enough with herself to reach out to the things she wants in life. So she has to grin and bear with her ugly feelings and self-doubt while she sees Ishikawa with Sakura. Poor girl .

But Ishikawa is Ishikawa, and wherever his heart lies, he's a good guy who will eat your cupcakes even if they look far from presentable .

Hori doesn't know what to do with herself while Miyamura goes off to a family funeral (?). When you're in love and so close to someone, it can be agonizing being away from them for even just a few days. Especially when Miyamura forgot his charger and couldn't contact her. No wonder she ran off the moment she thought she could see him again .

Some girl talk leaves Hori to be really self-conscious about the fact that she forces Miyamura to watch a bunch of horror movies, and her attempts to make up for it only make things more awkward, but loving someone is about loving all of them and what they cherish, even if it means horror movie marathons or Hori being a spaz about her feelings. Miyamura loves as much about Hori as Hori loves about Miyamura .

Two teenagers in love and dating for a while, at home, alone, with it raining outside and they're near a bed...well, it doesn't take too much to guess what happens. But the lead up to it was very intimate and sweet, with Hori saying Miyamura's first name so lovingly and feeling each other's hearts. Pretty great way to set off a couple's First Time .

Hori with that power move of giving Miyamura love bite after sex because she's staking ownership and wants him to grow his hair back again .
Old 2021-02-20, 13:41   Link #122
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Loved this episode . The new love triangle between Yuki , Sakura and Tooru

And

Spoiler for Hori enforcing her ownership over Miyamura once again:

Last edited by DragoMuseveni; 2021-02-22 at 10:28.
DragoMuseveni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-20, 14:01   Link #123
Top Sergeant

Hickey!! lol loved that.
Old 2021-02-20, 14:40   Link #124
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
it doesn't take too much to guess what happens.
I'm not sure as much happened as you might think. We'll see.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-20, 14:59   Link #125
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I mean...they were naked in that last scene and we saw Miyamura on top of her in bed so .

Spoiler for A part of the manga they cut:
Old 2021-02-20, 15:16   Link #126
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Manga explicitely explained what happened. Also, it will play some role later (though, not sure if this season).
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-20, 18:12   Link #127
Wandering Soul

They went from Hori wishing that he made moves on her more often to sleeping together. Definitely more progress than your average romcom. The scene with Souta afterwards was nice.
Old 2021-02-20, 18:47   Link #128
Mangaka-chan

I've been okay with the fast pacing so far, but this week's episode felt a bit more disjointed, probably because there were three pretty distinct stories all put into one. I wonder if Japanese viewers won't notice the sudden shifts as much since I'm assuming there was probably commercial breaks in between the three story arcs?

The scene between Souta and Miyamura was changed quite a bit from the manga, and for me so far this is one change that the anime made that I'm not too happy with.

Spoiler for How this played out in the manga:

I feel like the lead up to Souta's question to Miyamura was less impactful and a bit more out of the blue in the anime. My guess is for why this scene got altered was because some viewers might complain that it's inappropriate for a first grader to grasp the concept of people doing the horizontal limbo.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-20, 19:18   Link #129
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
I feel like the lead up to Souta's question to Miyamura was less impactful and a bit more out of the blue in the anime. My guess is for why this scene got altered was because some viewers might complain that it's inappropriate for a first grader to grasp the concept of people doing the horizontal limbo.
I did think Souta was wise for his years to have realized what happened .
Old 2021-02-20, 19:26   Link #130
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I usually care more about the side characters than the main ones in romcoms, but that's not the case here. As a result, I found the first part a bit boring even if it wasn't bad by any means. It doesn't help that it was there to set up a love triangle, and what I like the most about this show is how straightforward Hori and Miyamura's relationship is.

Seventh episode and they already did it. I knew this was going to progress much faster than the usual romcom. I feel like it's probably going to slow down now though.

After this episode, I've come to the conclusion Miyamura lives alone with his mother, since his father didn't even show up at the funeral. Of course, I thought Hori's father wasn't around either and we've seen how that turned out.
Old 2021-02-20, 20:34   Link #131
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Too fast, too fast... What a shame.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-20, 20:50   Link #132
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Woooaaaah...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-21, 00:36   Link #133
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I usually care more about the side characters than the main ones in romcoms, but that's not the case here. As a result, I found the first part a bit boring even if it wasn't bad by any means. It doesn't help that it was there to set up a love triangle, and what I like the most about this show is how straightforward Hori and Miyamura's relationship is.
At least it's with the supporting cast and not with the leads .
Quote:
Seventh episode and they already did it. I knew this was going to progress much faster than the usual romcom. I feel like it's probably going to slow down now though.
What's next? A proposal and kids ?
Old 2021-02-21, 05:25   Link #134
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
What's next? A proposal and kids ?
The only question: this season or later?
Old 2021-02-21, 08:58   Link #135
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
I I think he found their protection?
Protection?

I find it hard to imagine Kyouko had a pack of condoms in her bed stand, or that Izumi carries one around in his wallet.

I find this more plausible:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan
In the manga Souta asks Miyamura if he and his sister had been doing "that" after finding Miyamura's school badge in his sister's room.
But actually I don't find it very plausible that Souta had any understanding of what went on between Kyouko and Izumi. What is he, six?

It's rare that a show has both an OP and an ED that register with me, but Horimiya is one. Both songs are in my personal best-OP/ED list for this season.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2021-02-21 at 09:11.
Old 2021-02-21, 09:46   Link #136
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:

But actually I don't find it very plausible that Souta had any understanding of what went on between Kyouko and Izumi. What is he, six?
He is around 8 or 9 probably by that time. So he may understand the concept.
Old 2021-02-21, 11:36   Link #137
Frontier

Quote:
Protection?

I find it hard to imagine Kyouko had a pack of condoms in her bed stand, or that Izumi carries one around in his wallet.
I haven't re-read the manga in a while .
Old 2021-02-21, 12:01   Link #138
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
He is around 8 or 9 probably by that time. So he may understand the concept.
I think he was in preschool when the main cast were second years, so no, younger.

Also, I don't think a lost pin is such a smoking gun. Especially for a kid that young.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-21, 13:05   Link #139
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I thought Souta just saw them getting closer and worried about its implications for him. I didn't see his concern as arising from something specific like them having sex, but more from being excluded. Usually they're all together in the living room, but this time Kyouko and Izumi were off alone together. What they were doing was probably less important than the fact they left him alone.
Old 2021-02-21, 13:05   Link #140
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Protection?

It's anime/manga/eroge/etc. Characters never get pregnant unless the story wants them too, no matter how much they do it without protection.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote