Originally Posted by ivaannom View Post
new celia x Aria ship confirmed
Voldigoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-23, 03:18   Link #4323
ivaannom
性欲の権化

Toranoana: SS about Rio and Sora holding hands
Bookwalker: SS with Seria and Aria having a teatime

Melonbooks: Tsundere Sleeping beauty(Satsuki)
Old 2023-01-23, 07:52   Link #4324
jagt

A while ago HJ Bunko announced that there will be special edition with drama CD for volume 24.
Old 2023-01-23, 08:17   Link #4325
hihoperorin

I'll never forget how they trolled us with the last drama cd, I just hope vol 23 brings some sort of breakthrough to the memory tampering/rules plotline.
hihoperorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-23, 10:28   Link #4326
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivaannom View Post
CET!!!!!

Cecilia maji tenshi!
Old 2023-01-23, 11:47   Link #4327
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekodamashii View Post
I'll never forget how they trolled us with the last drama cd, I just hope vol 23 brings some sort of breakthrough to the memory tampering/rules plotline.
I won't forget or forgive them either, if this fith cd is another prank of a cd I won't buy the sixth one. I want to believe that there isn't another unused time frame available prememory loss, but if they go the make crap up route a second time drama cd-wise they will lose me.
Old 2023-01-23, 13:59   Link #4328
Xan2341

Other than drama CD 1, which actually had a direct and clear alignment to the novels, I've always treated the rest as just lighthearted short stories in voice over form.

Didn't realize there was a lot of upset on the last drama CD. I know some fans have forced drama CDs 2-4 into the series LNs, but other than drama CD 1, the others can't really be treated as canon. Or do we really believe Hiroaki sitting down and listing the harem by looks, and loli status was to be taken seriously?

Treat the drama CDs like the elemental stories in the LNs is what I say.
Xan2341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-23, 15:06   Link #4329
hihoperorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan2341 View Post
Other than drama CD 1, which actually had a direct and clear alignment to the novels, I've always treated the rest as just lighthearted short stories in voice over form.

Didn't realize there was a lot of upset on the last drama CD. I know some fans have forced drama CDs 2-4 into the series LNs, but other than drama CD 1, the others can't really be treated as canon. Or do we really believe Hiroaki sitting down and listing the harem by looks, and loli status was to be taken seriously?

Treat the drama CDs like the elemental stories in the LNs is what I say.
Your first mistake was taking those girls seriously, yes it was canon, Hiroaki sat down there and ranked them by attribute or what not, and yes the girls listened attentively; which I thought was very weird cuz it was all Hiroaki's very subjective opinion, and if Hiroaki is any compass on Haruto's thoughts, he'd probably be the complete opposite of our MC, so they were listening so attentively to a guy who didn't have the slightest resemblance of the emotions/opinions of the person they love like he was some love sage or something, but never mind all of that, I'll say it again; yes that was canon, they even usually specify the period of the CD events at the beginning of the narration and it is usually ahead of the current vol; e.g., vol 12 drama cd was about the get together that happened between vol 13 and 14 iirc.

Except that was not our point in that we won't forget or forgive. The thing is drama cd 4:

- as I said above was canon
- had Rio and many of the girls who forgot about him appear together
- as mentioned above, this novel's drama cds in general depict events that happen on later vols or at least same vol (drama cd3)

All of this led us to conclude that drama cd4 was going to be about a very close future vol (22, 23, 24 maybe) where Rio is remembered by the girls. Boy were we wrong, it was just a blatant act of deception. Alas, I fear that this 5th drama cd is another such ruse, at most we may get Rio, Sora, Aishia, Celia and Miharu. Well let's hope I'm wrong.
Old 2023-01-23, 15:38   Link #4330
Xan2341

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekodamashii View Post
Your first mistake was taking those girls seriously, yes it was canon, Hiroaki sat down there and ranked them by attribute or what not, and yes the girls listened attentively; which I thought was very weird cuz it was all Hiroaki's very subjective opinion, and if Hiroaki is any compass on Haruto's thoughts, he'd probably be the complete opposite of our MC, so they were listening so attentively to a guy who didn't have the slightest resemblance of the emotions/opinions of the person they love like he was some love sage or something, but never mind all of that, I'll say it again; yes that was canon, they even usually specify the period of the CD events at the beginning of the narration and it is usually ahead of the current vol; e.g., vol 12 drama cd was about the get together that happened between vol 13 and 14 iirc.

Except that was not our point in that we won't forget or forgive. The thing is drama cd 4:

- as I said above was canon
- had Rio and many of the girls who forgot about him appear together
- as mentioned above, this novel's drama cds in general depict events that happen on later vols or at least same vol (drama cd3)

All of this led us to conclude that drama cd4 was going to be about a very close future vol (22, 23, 24 maybe) where Rio is remembered by the girls. Boy were we wrong, it was just a blatant act of deception. Alas, I fear that this 5th drama cd is another such ruse, at most we may get Rio, Sora, Aishia, Celia and Miharu. Well let's hope I'm wrong.
I disagree with this viewpoint. Can you point where it was mentioned CD's 2-4 are canon? Drama CD one, I can simply open up volume 13, chapter 6 which calls out the exact scene the Drama CD covers. Can you please list out the other LN volumes and chapters that mention drama CD 2-4? If not, can you list a tweet or other announcement from the author or publisher indicating the drama CDs are canon? If you can't then its only fans inserting the CD's into the story as canon. Which is fan fiction. Otherwise the elemental stories are also canon and not just fun side stories written by the author.

The CDs may insert themselves for context (Use a LN as a basis for their story), just as some of the side stories do, but if its not in the novels its not canon.
Xan2341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-23, 16:36   Link #4331
hihoperorin

Quote:
I disagree with this viewpoint. Can you point where it was mentioned CD's 2-4 are canon? Drama CD one, I can simply open up volume 13, chapter 6 which calls out the exact scene the Drama CD covers. Can you please list out the other LN volumes and chapters that mention drama CD 2-4? If not, can you list a tweet or other announcement from the author or publisher indicating the drama CDs are canon? If you can't then its only fans inserting the CD's into the story as canon. Which is fan fiction. Otherwise the elemental stories are also canon and not just fun side stories written by the author.

The CDs may insert themselves for context (Use a LN as a basis for their story), just as some of the side stories do, but if its not in the novels its not canon.
Yareyare daze

First, the elemental stories; those happen in an alternate version of Earth, they have a different setting. World building, world depth, events, plots, power/ability systems and characters significance; they all are different between the light novel and the elemental stories, they even depict an alternate reality where Haruto carries on with life on earth (not that I read them, so I may have gotten something wrong, plz correct me if I did.) So the only way those would be canon is if a character is dreaming them up.

Now for the drama cds, you said yourself the 1st one was literally mentioned in the main story then the three that succeed it all mention the point in light novel plot time where they take place, so they're literally events in the main story and the conclusion you draw from that is that the author didn't specify them as canon, I wouldn't be surprised if the author came out and said they are canon only for you to just claim that he may be wrong cuz hj文庫 hasn't made a press release stating that seirei gensouki drama cds are canon or sth.

Finally, a bit of a weak argument but drama cd4 was about the weird magic tool and the voice and even the rules were brought up iirc in that they erased the characters' memories by the end; that sort of clean up usually happens so that the small side adventure/event doesn't affect the main story much, if they had no main story implications there would have been no need for that, they could have simply kept their memories, since it's an irrelevant story not related to anything.

Excuse my point of view, but, good sir, you seem to me like you're forcing yourself into believing the drama cds are non-canon.
Old 2023-01-23, 16:54   Link #4332
jagt

Quote:

The first CD is canon, Rio and Liselotte talked about organizing it in volume 13, Satsuki mentioned those events at the end of volume 15 and at that time Charlotte was also complaining sulkingly about being left out. The second CD is also canon, when Christina and Flora were making some food for themselves after the teleportation they talked about how cooking felt more manageable because it wasn't their first time doing it, a clear reference to the cooking lessons they got from Rio in the second CD. There was a reference to the second CD in volume 13 too, the moment when Sara, Ouphia and Alma refuse to go to Liselotte's mansion, when they agree to sit that out but also tell that they won't be left out next time, that was a clear allusion to how they were confirmed as characters that would appear in the second CD that was announced to come with volume 14 several days before volume 13 was published. There wasn't any reference that comes to mind to the third cd in volume 17, but the CD begins explaining that its events happen in the interval when Sara, Ouphia and Alma were getting permission from their village to bring Celia in and the fourth CD also began telling that its events happened when the rest of Gouki's group moved into Rio's mansion.

Last edited by jagt; 2023-01-23 at 18:31.
jagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-24, 00:05   Link #4333
Roberto1

"SS about Rio and Sora holding hands"

Oh my god, what a breakthrough!!!! :O what an important event!!!!!!, who would have imagined it? i cant wait to read about that!!!!

The best thing is that with that "progress" sora has already positioned himself above several of the harem like satsuki, cuz she hasn't even done that in 20 volumes, ha ha, this situation is almost funny.

I would like reading an SS about the premature cancellation of this novel, that SS would be worth my time
Old 2023-01-24, 00:42   Link #4334
Voldigoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto1 View Post
"SS about Rio and Sora holding hands"

Oh my god, what a breakthrough!!!! :O what an important event!!!!!!, who would have imagined it? i cant wait to read about that!!!!

The best thing is that with that "progress" sora has already positioned himself above several of the harem like satsuki, cuz she hasn't even done that in 20 volumes, ha ha, this situation is almost funny.

I would like reading an SS about the premature cancellation of this novel, that SS would be worth my time
bro, you should just stop reading if you dont like the story, why keep reading it and making urself suffer? just drop it.

also, if princess carry counts almost all girls including satsuki did it with rio, idk what nonsense you are smoking while writing this reply ,also last time you said vol 21 and vol 22 were bad(even though you were asking for more lore and vol 21 was a lore vol)

you should stop comparing this series to overlord, not all authors are the same, ppl have different ways of writing their series, just give up, and also, idk why would this book be cancelled if this is popular
Old 2023-01-24, 01:14   Link #4335
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I get the feeling that the drama CDs are canon side stories that happen between volumes. The fourth one also "cleaned up" after itself to not leave any plot holes in the main story about the girls remembering Rio when they shouldn't yet.

@jagt: You didn't have to mention the first CD being canon to Xan, since he already acknowledges that it is; his argument is that the other three aren't canon and that fans just forcefully insert them into the canon story.
Old 2023-01-24, 02:42   Link #4336
hihoperorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldigoad View Post
bro, you should just stop reading if you dont like the story, why keep reading it and making urself suffer? just drop it.

also, if princess carry counts almost all girls including satsuki did it with rio, idk what nonsense you are smoking while writing this reply ,also last time you said vol 21 and vol 22 were bad(even though you were asking for more lore and vol 21 was a lore vol)

you should stop comparing this series to overlord, not all authors are the same, ppl have different ways of writing their series, just give up, and also, idk why would this book be cancelled if this is popular
Roberto is probably some sort of masochist, he derives joy from forcing himself to continue reading a story that he hates. To each his own, who are we to judge him for his tastes.

Either that or like the rest of us, he's hungry for some due progress between Rio and the girls and he's simply a bit aggressive in expressing that hunger.
Old 2023-01-24, 02:46   Link #4337
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, I can agree with wanting some due progress with Rio and the girls, too, but I wouldn't be that aggressive in expressing that. But maybe Roberto's doing exactly that, like you said.

And I really do hope the girls remember Rio soon. I hate the current situation, and I also friggin' the rules. I don't hate God himself, though, as I think he had a good reason to set these rules. I think Rio also needs to find Him and confront Him about the rules.
Old 2023-01-24, 15:26   Link #4338
Roberto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldigoad View Post

It is more than anything a peculiarity of mine, I do not like to leave things half done, once I start something (a book, a game, a movie, a job etc.) no matter how bad it is, I will finish it, it is a personal conviction, I always finish what I start.

In this particular case, I didn't always hated this novel, you know? There was a time that I liked seirei a lot, i was such a fanboy, i even bought some physical volumes, I never liked Rio as the protagonist or Reis as the antagonist, but I tolerated them, because I liked everything else, especially the girls and the art of RIV's sensei.

but little by little I have been fed up and tired with the author's way of writing, and I had enough in vol 20, although my discontent was already coming from vol 14 or even before that, lately the series has gone to hell, it's worse than ever, (it was never really that good, but it was tolerable) but now even the art style has changed.

I just want the series to end
Old 2023-01-24, 16:18   Link #4339
Roberto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Yeah, I can agree with wanting some due progress with Rio and the girls, too, but I wouldn't be that aggressive in expressing that. But maybe Roberto's doing exactly that, like you said.

And I really do hope the girls remember Rio soon. I hate the current situation, and I also friggin' the rules. I don't hate God himself, though, as I think he had a good reason to set these rules. I think Rio also needs to find Him and confront Him about the rules.

I WAS fucking thirsty for progress with the girls, but that was before, that ship has already sail, that doesn't matter to me anymore, now what I want is for the series to end once and for all, and if posible I would like it to have a tokyo revengers ending style, (in other words, an ending so bad that it makes fans of the series angry), that or if the series is canceled i would be a happy man
Old 2023-01-27, 11:55   Link #4340
Voldigoad

Tags
fantasy, harem, isekai