AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-05-23, 01:57   Link #41
Tenzen12

Taming final boss is certainly great, but saying this one has more boring love interests then Hamefura is stretch and as far as I am concerned second arc onward Hamefura lost any appeal whatsoever. If Raeliana can keep this level of fun it will remain better then Hamefura.
Old 2023-05-23, 16:38   Link #42
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Is there some villainous side to Noah that Raeliana knows about from having read the novel? His stealing the Seal certainly implies he might be up to no good, but there's the whole bit about his role as a mediator in the inter-generational struggles among the nobility. Are there some dark aspects of that as well? Raeliana seems too "tsun" in her opinion of Noah if she were basing her impression solely on his behavior.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-23, 19:49   Link #43
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Is there some villainous side to Noah that Raeliana knows about from having read the novel? His stealing the Seal certainly implies he might be up to no good, but there's the whole bit about his role as a mediator in the inter-generational struggles among the nobility. Are there some dark aspects of that as well? Raeliana seems too "tsun" in her opinion of Noah if she were basing her impression solely on his behavior.
I think she just sees him as a bit of a manipulative cad. Fun to read about, but to have to be stuck with ?
Old 2023-05-23, 20:17   Link #44
Tenzen12

Being "up to no good" is relative. Noah hid the seal so he can keep his influence over old nobles without infringing on new ones. If nothing else I don't think Noah gets more power or riches then he already has by doing so. That said keeping status quo is obviously better then incurring loses.
Old 2023-05-23, 21:46   Link #45
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
I do like the show. But, I kind of wish we could get an alternate version where Realiana and Ansley have a go at it.
Old 2023-05-29, 08:31   Link #46
Frontier

I love how Raeliana thinks Noah is in danger and her first instinct is to form a search party and to lead them to find him...except it turns out Noah is perfectly fine, better even, because he and Adam just bagged a Creoder, the Lord of the Mountain, like it was barely an inconvenience. They're only bummed they weren't able to nab the dragon like Raeliana "wanted." That poor lord had his life's dream trivialized and now the other nobles thinks Raeliana is the type of person to ask her man to hunt dragons for her .

Of course even flustered as she is Raeliana can't resist flexing with Noah in front of Vivian, even if she wishes she were drunk to have to deal with all this nonsense, and that "ciao" in front of Vivian and her girl posse was priceless .

Noah is having a lot of fun with this, but Raeliana isn't about to let him rile her up again which he can do so easily. And we get a very sexually charged moment with the two of them on Noah's bed, especially with her hair coming loose, and Noah is as stuck by the feeling of Raeliana's hands on his face as she is with their growing closeness .

Keith notices how different Noah is acting when it comes to Raeliana, but Noah isn't about to let anyone judge or get in the way of his relationship .

I won't deny Vivian is very attractive and no surprise that's helped her get her way in the past, even if it's no help to secure Noah who is the only man to not fall immediately for her looks (which seems to be partially why she desires him so much). But what is the plan with that green jewel? Raeliana seemingly didn't even take it with her so I'm not quite sure how dangerous it is .

Of course it does seem like it's intended to be dangerous as whoever gave it to Vivan said it would help her achieve her desire...and judging by that hair in silhouette, could that be Beatrice? And is that Saori Hayami ?

Nobuhiko Okamoto!? Akira Ishida!? So we've got a legendary Priest with a sharp tongue and the body of a kid with no time for any nonsense in Heika, while we also have his long-suffering assistant Wade who has to deal with him while also trying to keep the Church going against the whims of his master. Heika doesn't care for nobles one bit so I can't wait to see how he interacts with Raeliana and Noah. Maybe he's the one who calls her a barbarian ?

Well, yeah, Beatrice is definitely not at the school, she came back...and might be conspiring against Raeliana .
Old 2023-05-30, 14:38   Link #47
Ghostfriendly

At least Ansley didn't get beaten up for being cooler than the male lead, but with Vivian's scarlet hair, significant name and stereotypical characterisation, she might as well be riding about on a beast with seven heads. The priests' very petty and unspiritual argument was rather more amusing, and quite near the bone for some religious institutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
More importantly, Hamefura and I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss are fun. This is a bit of a slog to go through, since Raeliana ain't very assertive, has no discernable sense of humor and her love interest(s) is/are boring as all hell.
Raeliana is quite snippy, mentally calling out Noah's harassment and suchlike, which can be worth more than humour. Albeit worth less than Rae using the strength she certainly displayed during the kidnapping to escape from Noah altogether. I agree that even Adam is cute rather than a deeply developed character.

Bakarina is 'not witty, but the cause that wit is in others' and strong in the same way as the boy who was too stupid to know the meaning of fear. Dangers bounced off her psyche like a rice pudding skin. Haven't seen the other show you mentioned.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-05, 08:32   Link #48
Frontier

Of course Raeliana would think the priest was your typical old, bearded, imposing fellow and not the scrawny Shota we know she's due to meet, though no wonder it didn't click until near the end of the episode .

Okay, so as far as religious rituals go...the morning, afternoon, and evening bathing isn't that bad (although she surprisingly does it while fully clothed), Raeliana rocks that white robe, but having to be fed pungent gruel for all her meals might be a dealbreaker .

Raeliana makes quite the impression as she goes out of her way to save a drowning bird (relating to it as something that's "destined to die") and treats the top priest like a little kid who won't shut up. You gotta love Raeli's strong personality !

Ahhhh! Raeliana is thinking of Noah! Practically like she wishes he was there! Meanwhile he and Adam are already planning to hunt down that dragon because of course they are .

Wow, super convenient for Raeli that she was able to get out of eating gruel by translating and transcribing foreign texts which is a cinch for her since she can read and understand all languages! She can even speak them fluently. Did the subs actually reverse all the dialogue ?

Realiana reacted to finding out about Heika about how I expected (which is to say kind of shocked and depressed), though of course she wants nothing to do with being his disciple and all the hassle that would bring her. Heika himself still seems keen on the idea and is going to do something with a "Holy Land" to impress Raeliana and I'm sure that'll go well .

Heika is stuck in that child body because his power has been sealed? So I'm guessing he'll go the full Bishonen route once he gets his power back? Raeli and Noah better watch out .

Poor Wade. Just...poor Wade. The man is doing his best but Heika is just insulting him and dragging him for practically the entire episode. Give him a break !

It was too much to hope Raeliana didn't take the gemstone with her huh? I guess we'll see what sinister plot is afoot next episode, Raeli even is getting bad vibes just from wearing it. But hey, new Raeliana hairstyle !
Old 2023-06-08, 03:19   Link #49
Tenzen12

While it's not bad to understand "divine lagunage", why it always has to be just normal laguage backward? Would it be that much bother actually make new one? (Well, I know it actualy would, but this really lack any creativity...)
Old 2023-06-08, 09:28   Link #50
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

You need to make it obvious to the casual viewer. Using some substitution cypher or a rotation method would just be an unnecessary obstacle.

I knew it was backwards, and also knew the content didn't matter much because of that. I just moved along.
Old 2023-06-08, 12:12   Link #51
Tenzen12

Obstacle to whom? Regardless who is watching backward "language" is easy to figure only if there are subtitles (and it's not tv release so you can pause it). It would be actually much lesser obstacles if it got Japanese/English "translation" and then actual language wouldn't even matter.
Old 2023-06-10, 19:13   Link #52
Ghostfriendly

Bratty head priest lost his charm very quickly. Even with hardly any Noah, a weak episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I do like the show. But, I kind of wish we could get an alternate version where Realiana and Ansley have a go at it.
Seconded.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-12, 09:35   Link #53
Frontier

I see Vivian isn't the only noble lady who can't help but still try to shoot her shot with Noah even though he's engaged...even if he's the type who will step on her hopes and dreams via her handkerchief and then leave Kieth to clean up his mess. What a cad .

I guess as far as flexes go, summon a holy retinue of knights from the Holy Land to show off is pretty high up there. Even if it just kind of comes off as too excessive to Raeliana. And that's before Heika is trying to become her grandpa because that's his only frame of reference for affection .

Dang, I didn't expect the gemstone was a literal bomb that would've blown Raeliana's head off had Heika not used his powers and saved her. And of course it turns him into his Bishonen form, which is admittedly fairly attractive .

Noah and Heika definitely get off on the wrong foot. Heika can read through Noah's rela character and doesn't like him, and that's even setting aside the fact that his engagement to Raeliana will prevent her from fulfill the obligations Heika has in mind for her. Meanwhile poor Wade just has to keep the peace as best he can .

Raeliana really has a mortality dilemma where she's trying to avoid dying as a side-character so Beatrice can step into the story...not knowing Beatrice is the one trying to kill her. But at least she's still determined to find the culprit and save herself .

Noah is desperate to protect Raeliana and not lose her, but in his desperation he gets too forceful and hurts her...but then he delivers an emotional blow to her when he honestly admits why he's so desperate and Raeliana is left reeling from what that means for their relationship and Noah's true feelings for her. Of course in true Raeliana fashion she tries to dismiss it and think she's just overthinking it, but he still got her to blush !

Raeliana looked amazing in that holy robe and with that hair !

So we get more family drama with the Shamal's. Brother Justin is set to succeed the family but has his eyes on a certain woman that his father doesn't want him wasting time on (doesn't sound like it's Raeliana though) and he's the only one who can really get through to Vivian who has pressure of her own of marrying the king and getting access to the royal bloodline .

Why was Vivian so upset? Because the plot to kill Raeliana didn't work or because she didn't think the plan was to blow Raeliana up? Either way, we finally truly see Beatrice for the first time .
Old 2023-06-19, 10:52   Link #54
Frontier

Raeliana wondering who is trying to kill her is sensible...but even she can't help but be distracted by Noah flexing during swordsmanship training. She was totally checking him out .

I see Noah wants to make sure his lady has jewelry that isn't going to blow her head off so they go on a bit of a shopping date, with the pairs' romantic banter in top form today. Though Noah not only got Raeliana the prettiest necklace in the shop but buys ALL the jewelry for her. Noah does not do anything in half measures for his fiancé. Even Ansley and the other guy are like "can you believe this!?" .

The two basically just had a day together! And you can tell even Raeliana is enjoying herself .

I understand Raeliana is concerned about Beatrice, but walking into a horror movie scenario is never a good idea. Especially from a possessed mirror. Good thing Noah arrived in time before it got more serious .

It's adorable how Raeliana can't help but cling to Noah when she's scared...and of course Noah, being Noah, uses that as an excuse to invite himself into her room and into her bed .

I like how Raeliana is still super into romance novels even now that she's living in one. And Noah can balk at romance cliche's all he wants, but even he can't help himself when he's got Raealian clinging to his arm in her sleep .

Junichi Suwabe is the king!? And Noah's older brother!? And quite the ladies man judging by that naked blue-haired cutie in his bed. An assassination attempt had kept him away from the plot so far, but he's back and eager to hear about the Royal Seal and his brother's love life. Though I want more of this Naomi O'Brian lady and her curt and straight talk to the king .

Raeliana remembers the plot of the book again in relation to the king coming back and heads off to see Beatrice just as Noah is left reeling over whether to break off his engagement...but I don't think this reunion with Beatrice is going to go the way Raeli expects it too .
Old 2023-06-26, 08:34   Link #55
Frontier

Raeliana is in a rush to see Beatrice at Robert Wyknight's grave, Noah's cousin whose Duke title he inherited thanks to Robert's mother, only to find not only a guy in place of Beatrice but Robert's grave gone. Meaning the Royal Seal is gone too. Though did they move the grave to hide the seal ahead of time (especially when Noah realized Raeliana knew where it was) or did Beatrice steal it ?

I see even Noah's brother can tell that Noah is genuinely in love with Raeliana now and is interested in meeting her...as if Raeliana didn't have enough trouble going on in her life. Although from that flashback, did the former dukes' mother poison him for Noah's sake ?

I never expected to see Raeliana and Justin exchanging drinks and pleasant conversation like they're on a picnic, but turns out Justin was old friends with Robert and is quite the consummate gentleman...though it probably helped that Raeli doesn't know he's Vivian's brother and he didn't know that she was his sister (and Beatrice's) target .

Although he was able to give Raeliana some advice...she's so focused on the idea that she's messed up Noah and Beatrice's life through her involvement and attempt to save herself, but maybe she should learn to just embrace how things are and just live the way she wants to live. A person is always responsible for their own fate afterall. Although it's kind of funny how Justin comes off with the impression Raeliana is the third woman in the relationship between Noah and Beatrice when Noah has no idea who Beatrice even is .

There are some good vibes going between Raeliana and Justin, and Raeliana even notices he's almost as good looking as Noah, and Justin seems interested in getting to know her more...which I'm sure will definitely bring more complications .

I guess one of the perks of living at a Duke's Mansion is having a full staff there to make sure you're taken care of at the first sign of a Japanese cold. And luckily she can write off the alcohol on her breath as being from the medicine .

Noah sees Raeliana being under the weather and sees the perfect opportunity to fulfill Raeliana's romance novel fantasies by princess carrying her to her room. And of course that would be the moment all the drinking catches up to Raeli and she ends up a cute drunk in his arms...and the alcohol makes her be more honest with the fact that Noah doesn't need her any more and yet he hasn't annulled the engagement yet, and keeps treating her with kindness and care .

And it's enough that Raeliana admits, after reminiscing on all the moments they shared together, that she's coming to be interested in him not as someone she can use to save herself, but as a person she wants to get to know better. And what better way for Noah to respond to that than by kissing her in bed ?

Well, Raeliana is better but still wary of the fact that someone is trying to kill her even if she's decided to live the life she has now to the fullest while we show off the supporting cast living their daily lives. Poor Noah caught her cold and Raeliana is blissfully unaware that they shared a kiss and just bails on him. Way to leave a guy hanging, Raeliana .
Old 2023-06-26, 11:50   Link #56
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Well, they set everything up for a second season, but so far it hasn't been announced.

https://premieredate.news/anime/1000...s-mansion.html
Old 2023-06-26, 14:58   Link #57
magnuskn

Ergh, sorry. I found this terribly boring overall and it landed very quickly in "fast forward" territory. 3/10, next villainess anime please be more interesting.
Old 2023-06-26, 15:11   Link #58
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I'm hit or miss on the Korean WN or manhwa flavor but that was a nice change of pace from Japanese isekai. Hopeful we get S2 but still a fun ride overall.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-27, 23:07   Link #59
Alchemist007
*Author

It was ok but could've used more of that snarky red head character or something to make things a bit more lively. Looks like this covered about 1/3 of the source, so if they continued it would be probably need another 2 cours.

6/10

Tags
isekai, romance