AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

Old 2010-01-07, 15:57   Link #641
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

So....
Someone featured a news article on Livejournal that oh-so-sounded familiar to the silly naked stunt Akira pulled, believe it or not.

Gave me a good laugh

Last edited by Starry Dust; 2010-01-07 at 16:15.
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 17:00   Link #642
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Lol. It lasted less than a minute. XD
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 00:03   Link #643
passin'gass
Cropduster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charuru View Post
Android phone:
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...from-motorola/

Close, very close.

2011 could be right on the money.
Its here already...

Time to start growing my beard, wear extra-large sunglasses, and a wig. Also make sure none of my clothes has RFID and nothing electronic that can ID me.

Is it illegal to wear a balaclava or ski mask in public?
passin'gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 05:42   Link #644
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by passin'gass View Post
Its here already...

Time to start growing my beard, wear extra-large sunglasses, and a wig. Also make sure none of my clothes has RFID and nothing electronic that can ID me.

Yep, there was a recent news report about it over in Japan about this technology, which means that this anime series was probably more a case of art imitating life than the other way round.
Time to grab those disguise props
http://blog.japantimes.co.jp/japan-p...lity-tv-phone/
Quote:
I have to wonder if the Tonchidot develops are fans of “Eden of the East.” In this futuristic anime drama, a group of students develop an app that gives users information about the world and includes face recognition software for identifying people in their vicinity. Likewise, in Dennou Coil, a near-future world is envisioned in which users experience augmented reality and play with virtual objects via special glasses. Perhaps Sekai World’s creators have already considered these possibilities, which is why they’ve chosen to exhibit at Tokyo Game Show.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 07:24   Link #645
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Well, it's rather limited to identifying specific parts of the picture like the face. The Eden system can identify inanimate objects as well. If a person or object is not yet in the database, it also has the slow and low tech option of allowing users to manually identify an image submitted to a forum/imageboard. I think Eden's database gets inputs from users like a wiki with a rating system.

The developers of the real-life ID application could incorporate this low tech option to expand the app's identifying powers. But I'm afraid it could just degenerate into the typical imageboard filled with trolls and misleading information.
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 12:56   Link #646
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by passin'gass View Post
Its here already...

I wear a balaclava in public... xD When it gets freezing and snowing it's a good thing, I've never been arrested though I do take it off in shops and busses.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 11:08   Link #647
wingman32x

Finished Eden of the East, and it was amazing! What a great series. The mystery was really great, and it had some decent romance on the side too. I pretty much liked everything about it, except Ohsugi. I HATED that guy. He was so damn annoying, acting like a jelous little pansy. Everything else was great though. Saki was cute, Akira was a good male lead, and the music fit well. The ending is a bit inconclusive but not broken by any means. Anyway, excellent series. Easily fits in my top 5 anime. I give it a 10/10.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 02:53   Link #648
wigglycuttlefish

Rock star production staff! @_@

I just finished watching it! I was entranced by the OP, and when I saw the names Kamiyama, Chika Umino and Production I.G. I kind of marathoned it

The animation was beautiful-- that plus the unique plot easily lasted me all the episodes It's really amazing to see the same type of art with a difference between the dreamy pastels of Honey and Clover versus the crisp and grayer tones of Eden of the East.

Plus they really made that lady Kuroha hot ^_^ I'm a girl, but I really liked her animation, with her skin and lingerie and wings and everything. heehee.

I know its been brought up already a lot, but Akira really really reaaally resembles Morita from Honey and Clover. It kind of makes me feel happy that this time around his reincarnation gets to kiss his love interest. ^_^

Akira is the reincarnation of Morita *fangirling* ^_^

Spoiler for Image:

Because we all know that a cash-lucky guy like Morita would still be well-endowed in his next life!

Edit: No, but seriously, Morita and Akira can both do a lot of outrageous things because they have so much money @_@
wigglycuttlefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 22:49   Link #649
jcdietz03

With the release of Apple's iPhone 4S, everyone will be talking to "Juiz" on their iPhone. However, now her name is Siri. She's nowhere near as powerful as Juiz, but she will eventually be able to do most things ordinary people can.
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, spy thriller