AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-06, 07:26   Link #4361
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Interesting enough though, I simply cannot imagine why Verethragna was unable to use two avatars at once.
Spoiler for vol 13:
If Atalanta turned out to be the Last King, the story might be turned into a shoujo-ai netorare.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-10-06 at 09:34.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 09:30   Link #4362
muk

vol 13.
Spoiler:
muk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 09:34   Link #4363
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

By the way, I have just read some posts on the chinese forum. People were having a discussion about what Godou's authority may be. One of things people noticed was one of the sentences
Spoiler for vol 13:
Old 2012-10-06, 09:35   Link #4364
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muk View Post
vol 13.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
SPOILER TAGS!
Spoiler for vol 13:
Pretty much this.
Old 2012-10-06, 09:57   Link #4365
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Does anyone have any idea if there's are Gods, Heroes, Myths or Legends that tells about a pure white sword that will be paired with the Kusanagi Sowrd?

I can't think of anyone who has that kind of Sword.

Spoiler for Finally, a new authority.....:
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 10:13   Link #4366
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
Does anyone have any idea if there's are Gods, Heroes, Myths or Legends that tells about a pure white sword that will be paired with the Kusanagi Sowrd?

I can't think of anyone who has that kind of Sword.

Spoiler for Finally, a new authority.....:
Now that I think about it, I believe that what the goddess mentioned was that she could see Kusangi Godou killing the Last King and obtaining his white sword--Excalibur.
Old 2012-10-06, 10:51   Link #4367
Mars Mode

Spoiler for That weird moment:

That weird moment when someone exposes your secret without even meaning to do it.
And you recognise he is right when he was talking about something completely diferent
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 11:04   Link #4368
Hidfe

Quote:
Interesting enough though, I simply cannot imagine why Verethragna was unable to use two avatars at once.
Well he probably could but the price would have been the same as for Godou. Extreme pain and deplentation of divine energy or magical energy or whatever it is called. Melqart also said he couldn’t slay Prometheus flames and his weapons but than he did dual wielding and did it. But the result was that he weakened himself so much that he was killed by Godou.

Quote:
Quote:
Now that I think about it, I believe that what the goddess mentioned was that she could see Kusangi Godou killing the Last King and obtaining his white sword--Excalibur.
Well couldn’t the
Spoiler for vol 13:

be theoretically the “light” or the golden sword of Godou? Has he already combined his “black” sword with light sword like he did with his lightning in vol. 7?
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 11:10   Link #4369
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
The argonauts are a band of heroes in Greek mythology that is usually referred to along with Jason in looking for the Golden Fleece.

It seems kind of odd for any of them to be the Last King though. They are important in Greek mythology, but none of them strikes me like they could be the big bad. same with the supposed descendants. There is a few important ones, but none that are like "that must be it!"
I agree it would be odd for one of them to be the last Campione. However if the author is going with one of there descendents then really there crew member is just going to serve as back story since several of them were demigods.

Quote:
By the way, I have just read some posts on the chinese forum. People were having a discussion about what Godou's authority may be. One of things people noticed was one of the sentences
Spoiler for vol 13:
Spoiler for reply to spoiler:

Quote:
I don't know it will depend on if the last King is going to be final bad guy in the series it would be pretty weak if Godou gets his 2nd sword right at the end of series before we can see what he can do with it.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 11:27   Link #4370
blackwhite67
Banned

Wait. Is the Protection granted by You permanent as there doesn't need to be another kiss fest to bestow it again?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 11:28   Link #4371
kazzuya13

Quote:

Spoiler for vol 14:
I hope it would be JPS and it's location would be America for a change of scenery of course and it could be Lou Hao cause I don't think Godou would help a guy Campione
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 11:29   Link #4372
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidfe View Post
Well he probably could but the price would have been the same as for Godou. Extreme pain and deplentation of divine energy or magical energy or whatever it is called. Melqart also said he couldn’t slay Prometheus flames and his weapons but than he did dual wielding and did it. But the result was that he weakened himself so much that he was killed by Godou.

Well couldn’t the
Spoiler for vol 13:

be theoretically the “light” or the golden sword of Godou? Has he already combined his “black” sword with light sword like he did with his lightning in vol. 7?
Verethragna's authority allows him to turn into one of ten forms. Its just one authority. Merging them is like trying to be two things at the same time.

As for the sword, the golden sword gives off a "golden" light. So its not white.
Old 2012-10-06, 11:36   Link #4373
shadow1296

Quote:
the white sword could be...
Spoiler for my theory:

though i could be wrong n it turns out to be excalibur
Old 2012-10-06, 11:37   Link #4374
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
I agree it would be odd for one of them to be the last Campione. However if the author is going with one of there descendents then really there crew member is just going to serve as back story since several of them were demigods.
Spoiler for reply to spoiler:

I don't know it will depend on if the last King is going to be final bad guy in the series it would be pretty weak if Godou gets his 2nd sword right at the end of series before we can see what he can do with it.
Whether the Last King is a trouble maker or not, it's irrelevant. What we do know,however, is that he is a professional campione killer. He will try and kill Godou whether he wants to fight or not.In addition, we know damn well what that sword can do. Whether he uses it in the series or not it's irrelevant. It's the possession of it that's important. It's like the ending of a certain game I know(not gonna name it). You fought the big bad who uses the sword, kills your sister in order to activate it's use, finished watching the bloody twenty minute credits in order to continue the rpg after defeating the big bad, and finally, when you tried to test the strongest sword in the game, you find that because the Big Bad is dead, the world is peaceful, not a single monster was found to test your new weapon except for the stupid security guards in towns.

ANYWAY,considering that
Spoiler for vol 13:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidfe View Post

Spoiler for vol 13:

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-10-06 at 12:03.
Old 2012-10-06, 13:11   Link #4375
Breimoon

Quote:
Spoiler for Vol 13 spoiler and quick summary:
Spoiler for s:

Last edited by Breimoon; 2012-10-06 at 13:22.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 13:43   Link #4376
GundamFan

Quote:
Whether the Last King is a trouble maker or not, it's irrelevant. What we do know,however, is that he is a professional campione killer. He will try and kill Godou whether he wants to fight or not.
I'll agree with you there I always assumed Godou would endup fighting the last Campione at some point it's an obivous plot direction but that doesn't mean he is the final big bad.

Quote:
In addition, we know damn well what that sword can do.
So it's been definetively confirmed the the full extent of Excalibur's abilities and Godou's ability to use them.

Quote:
Whether he uses it in the series or not it's irrelevant. It's the possession of it that's important.
No that's what's most important to you some of us it's more about the journey then the end results and find it rather cheap when characters get entire new set of abilities right at the end of the story. And I'd say any divine weapon that's a descent counter part to Kusanagi Sword is going to qualify as that.

Quote:
It's like the ending of a certain game I know(not gonna name it). You fought the big bad who uses the sword, kills your sister in order to activate it's use, finished watching the bloody twenty minute credits in order to continue the rpg after defeating the big bad, and finally, when you tried to test the strongest sword in the game, you find that because the Big Bad is dead, the world is peaceful, not a single monster was found to test your new weapon except for the stupid security guards in towns.
The thing is though the game your comparing Campione to getting the sword and beating this big bad were the entire point it wasn't a hax power up that he got at the end that you found out about late in the game. Also you should give the author of Campione! some credit I'm sure he could come up with somewhere for the series to go.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 14:14   Link #4377
blackwhite67
Banned

When was it said that the Last King is a Campione Killer? Are we just inferring that because the Last King is a Heretic God that, by nature, is the enemy of Campiones?
Old 2012-10-06, 14:38   Link #4378
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
When was it said that the Last King is a Campione Killer? Are we just inferring that because the Last King is a Heretic God that, by nature, is the enemy of Campiones?
Now where I had read that

Spoiler:

Check it on BT
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 18:15   Link #4379
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Lol, no. It was stated directly by multiple characters in the story. This is not some inference the reader makes.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 19:42   Link #4380
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

I think it's time for JPS a.ka. Annie Charlton to shine in the next volume, don't you think?

At the very least, Annie will be able to know what it means to be in relationship.

Oh, and maybe, just like the time with Erica, they'll drink together and Godou will see the other side of her; and Godou will surely be shock to see that. Now that's a "perfect Dinner" of the two Campiones.

It's a very big chance for her, after all the things she has done for protecting her country. Well, they're only, what, like 10 years in age gap. "Don't sweat the small stuff" as they say.

I guess Godou will show her the ropes and then charmed her unknowingly. If it happens, the 4 wives will be wary of her if their relationship escalates.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem