AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-02-10, 03:37   Link #3001
IceHism

I'm really surprised Reki can write so many different stories that aren't really connected to each other at once without too much of a hit on writing quality.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 18:54   Link #3002
tuckersister

Yeah, I'm surprised Reki can do more than one LN.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-16, 05:02   Link #3003
l.kostas

http://ranobe-mori.net/label/dengeki-bunko/

Accel World 18, summer 2015:

2015/夏
アクセル・ワールド18
【情報元:「絶対ナル孤独者2」-巻末】

June 10, Sword Art Online Alternative III GGO:

2015/06/10
ソードアート・オンライン オルタナティブ ガンゲイル・オンライン III
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-16, 05:16   Link #3004
tuckersister

So Vol 18 will be probably coming out in June. That's a relief.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-16, 07:09   Link #3005
Oboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
I'm really surprised Reki can write so many different stories that aren't really connected to each other at once without too much of a hit on writing quality.
atm he's writing only Accel world and Progressive

Sao novels till the end of the alicization arc, currently ongoing in the sao light novels, was already written from 2002 till 2008, and published in his website.
When he won the dengeki taishou in 2008 with Accel world , he was requested to get his earlier work, Sword Art Online, published by ASCII Media Works, so he removed the web novels from his website.
His work about Sao in those year was little reworks and edits in the previously written novels, he did't write nothing new about sao, except the 3 novel for progressive, the reboot of the first arc floor by floor in Aincrad.
When Alicization arc will finish, probably in the next sao novel (volume 16 out this summer?), if he want to continue the Sao story, he need to write something new for Sao unlike the previous years, because in 2008 the Alicization arc was the last in the web novels, so at the end of Alicization he don't have any previously written source for Sao.
I belive that karahawa can't really write about 4/5 novel at year like the last years (about 2/3 for Aw, 2 for Sao), that will be an avarage of 2/3 month for writing each novel at year.

Probably he need to take a decision about what to end or what hold on.
Oboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 03:42   Link #3006
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oboro View Post
atm he's writing only Accel world and Progressive

Sao novels till the end of the alicization arc, currently ongoing in the sao light novels, was already written from 2002 till 2008, and published in his website.
When he won the dengeki taishou in 2008 with Accel world , he was requested to get his earlier work, Sword Art Online, published by ASCII Media Works, so he removed the web novels from his website.
His work about Sao in those year was little reworks and edits in the previously written novels, he did't write nothing new about sao, except the 3 novel for progressive, the reboot of the first arc floor by floor in Aincrad.
When Alicization arc will finish, probably in the next sao novel (volume 16 out this summer?), if he want to continue the Sao story, he need to write something new for Sao unlike the previous years, because in 2008 the Alicization arc was the last in the web novels, so at the end of Alicization he don't have any previously written source for Sao.
I belive that karahawa can't really write about 4/5 novel at year like the last years (about 2/3 for Aw, 2 for Sao), that will be an avarage of 2/3 month for writing each novel at year.

Probably he need to take a decision about what to end or what hold on.
What about Zettai Naru Isolator.

And you're telling me that Reki doesn't have to edit his work before they get published...
I'm sure there are changes made from the web novel to LN.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 03:47   Link #3007
shadow of the day

Where I can find the Web novel, in any language, English or Spanish or the original,
Old 2015-02-17, 08:25   Link #3008
Oboro

Quote:

And you're telling me that Reki doesn't have to edit his work before they get published...
Zettai naru isolator was serialised online starting in 2004 and published in print in 2014, so like Sao a previously written story.

As i wrote ofc he do little reworks and edits in the previously written web novels, but he didn't write the whole novels.

Atm he's writing only Accel world + the 3 progressive volume, one each year
Old 2015-02-17, 13:46   Link #3009
Krono

Quote:

They did indeed make a number of changes, with more rewriting being for some volumes than others, usually more rewriting later on. The process of adapting SAO and Absolute Isolator for formal publication is not as simple as is being implied.

However the fact that the webnovels versions of SAO and Absolute Isolator are essentially mostly ready drafts for the LN version is indeed what allows the author to be working on 4 series at once. It's substantially easier to ready them for publication than it is to write a novel from scratch and ready it for publication.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 02:31   Link #3010
Oboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
They did indeed make a number of changes, with more rewriting being for some volumes than others, usually more rewriting later on. The process of adapting SAO and Absolute Isolator for formal publication is not as simple as is being implied.

However the fact that the webnovels versions of SAO and Absolute Isolator are essentially mostly ready drafts for the LN version is indeed what allows the author to be working on 4 series at once. It's substantially easier to ready them for publication than it is to write a novel from scratch and ready it for publication.
i'm not telling that adapt Sao and Absolute isolator for the formal publication is simple, ofc is still a work but easiest/faster than write something from the start.
As you says he can publish 4 novels because 2 was previously written (sao and absolute), one is the untold story about the first 20 floor in aincrad (progressive), and the last one, Accel world, is the one he currently write from scratch, likely when the alicization arc ends , he didn't have any previously written story for Sao, so he need to write 2 from the scratch and the number of publication in a year could change.
Old 2015-02-19, 05:34   Link #3011
shadow of the day

Someone can help me? I have a few Q about the NL that I want to know
Old 2015-02-23, 05:24   Link #3012
Parousia

I need an answer to this question, just to clarify things...

Sooo, what happened first Red King's death or First Gen. NN's disbandment? also can guys please state the time frame between the two if possible.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 2015-02-24, 02:21   Link #3013
gensouR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolySin View Post
I need an answer to this question, just to clarify things...

Sooo, what happened first Red King's death or First Gen. NN's disbandment? also can guys please state the time frame between the two if possible.
Thanks in Advance.
Rider died first then NN got disbanded(read:nearly destroyed by the Four Gods) since the former event is the reason the latter event happened.also the timeframe between the two events is unknown since the date of the Imperial Palace Raid has never been stated.

Waiting for Sita pickup

No matter what choice they make,humans will find a reason to regret,so in other words,there is no choice without regret,what's important is your heart's true feelings
gensouR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-17, 09:22   Link #3014
Parousia

What's the latest Volume so far? and ETA if there is one.

And why is AW thread gets more and more dead now?
Old 2015-03-17, 12:21   Link #3015
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
What's the latest Volume so far? and ETA if there is one.

And why is AW thread gets more and more dead now?
The most recently released volume is volume 17. Volume 18 is due out sometime this summer.

Threads have slowed down for two reasons:

1) Reduced release schedule. Previously, the author was only working on Accel World and Sword Art Online, and was able to release about 6 novels a year. As such, he was able to release about 3 of each. Now however, he's working on Accel World, Sword Art Online, Sword Art Online: Progressive, and Absolute Isolator. He's still releasing about the same number of novels, but scattered over more series, it means one less Accel World volume per year. With fewer volumes coming out, there are fewer things to discuss.

2) Lack of translations. The series has been licensed for official US release by Yen Press. With an official English language version being released, organized and energetic efforts to fan translate the whole series into English have ceased. With much of the series not in English for the time being, there is little English language discussion of it.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 04:52   Link #3016
Mentar
Banned

I don't know if I'm the only one, but at least for me:

3) Loss of focus by introducing a myriad of irrelevant characters

Frankly, most of the initial appeal of the show was the KYH/Haru dynamic. Starting at around volume 7, the number of characters that I really don't give a crap about is skyrocketing. It's diluting what got me into the show in the first place.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 09:09   Link #3017
Optimura
Teal Vanguard

Why Accel World is underrated, yet at the same time it's also mediocre for me (spoilers inbound)

Spoiler for Rant:
Optimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 19:51   Link #3018
Miraluka
Banned

Release date for next volume when?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 02:42   Link #3019
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Release date for next volume when?