AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-12-21, 08:55   Link #21
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
You could just play with friends instead, y'know.
And it doesn't change the fact that there will be cheaters. But yeah you're right, most of the times this game will probably be played with my own circle of friends rather than with random

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-22, 16:21   Link #22
Sacredus

Bad news, there will be no Dual audio.
Source: Playstation Lifestyle - Info found on NeoGaf
Quote:
In terms of localization, will the game be fully localized or can we expect Japanese voice acting with English subtitles?

Yoshimura: All the Japanese voices will be localised into English, and you will have subtitles as well.

Will there be the option to still have Japanese voice with English subtitles?

Yoshimura: It’s just going to be pure English.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-22, 16:25   Link #23
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm not all that anal about English dubs anymore, we've long passed the days of 4kids voiceovers.

Quote:
Can you give us an overview of the game’s set-up?

Yoshimura: God Eater Resurrection takes place in a hub, and from here, players will be able to choose different missions before leaving to fight the Arigami. In battle, it’s the main player plus three NPCs, so you can play alone while still experiencing that multiplayer space. Weapons also have the ability to transform as you fight the Arigami, and this has become a trope of the God Eater series.

Quote:
How does the team battle system of Resurrection compare to God Eater 2?

Yoshimura: God Eater Resurrection is the first series, and there’s also God Eater 2: Rage Burst, which is a different series. The fighting mechanics and systems change, so there’s a lot of variety in the gameplay. For western players, they can play Resurrection first before stepping up to a more kinetic experience with God Eater 2: Rage Burst. The core gameplay is the same, of course, and if you play Resurrection before Rage Burst or vice versa, you should be OK.
In terms of localization, will the game be fully localized or can we expect Japanese voice acting with English subtitles?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-22, 17:59   Link #24
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

I'm really attached to the JP VA work though. Bah.

At least there should be a way to insert the JP audio via PC.
Old 2015-12-22, 18:34   Link #25
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I'd be salty if it was some other game and I wouldn't let it slide, but we got GE here... Still buying it.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-23, 07:47   Link #26
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm not all that anal about English dubs anymore, we've long passed the days of 4kids voiceovers.
In the day that everyone is going dual language option, I'm not sure why Bamco can't do it. Aren't they trying to do that in their new Tales of game?

It's not the problem of the acting, but mostly the dialogue though. Guess I'll put it down to "whenever I have spare cash or it's discounted" list.
Old 2015-12-23, 11:52   Link #27
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
In the day that everyone is going dual language option, I'm not sure why Bamco can't do it. Aren't they trying to do that in their new Tales of game?

It's not the problem of the acting, but mostly the dialogue though. Guess I'll put it down to "whenever I have spare cash or it's discounted" list.
I'm guessing the Vita version is to blame. This isn't the first time that a Vita game has dropped the japanese voice acting and I'm pretty sure I've seen one or two publishers claiming space limitations to do so.
Old 2015-12-23, 13:31   Link #28
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Both Neptunia Rebirth 2&3 leave the Japanese audio as free DLC so people could download them later, and after installing it will be a dual voice game, so it's not like there is no solution. I'm quite sure Senran Kagura Estival Versus is following suit with that method.
Old 2016-03-05, 09:02   Link #29
Sacredus

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
First Dev Diary (with subs).
Old 2016-03-12, 14:54   Link #30
csuree
The Most Hated™

oh hell no... I want Japanese audio.....
i have the old psp version....it is horrible in English.
Sao has jap audio, tons of other games have jap audio... WHY?
i hate English dubs for japanese works, they are so cringy, lack emotion, and the namings(of skills etc.) are disastrous...
Old 2016-03-12, 16:09   Link #31
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

After playing Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth for a few hours, I came to the realization that when it comes to the technical jargon stuff, having the voice over be in a language you're familiar with makes it more easily digestible. Even when playing Zestiria, while I prefer the Japanese Voices, I find myself enjoying things better with the English dub at times because of how much easier it is to process the audio dialogues.

I would say as long as the dubs aren't outright terrible, I don't mind them.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 15:00   Link #32
csuree
The Most Hated™

gonna be blunt here with a good example: i loled and pitied the series for it (Bleach): Getsuga Tenshou - sounds cool easy to say, EPIC ....the dub: Heaven cutting moon fang....no comments.. it says it all
Old 2016-03-13, 19:43   Link #33
KikeLyne

While i prefer japanese audio
Keep in mind that this game has signal functions as well. Like 'target spotted' or 'fall back' and the game is meant to be for multiplayer.

How is anyone going to understand some of the signals if they are speaking in japanese on the com-link?

At least namco has quite a good record in keeping the personality of the characters even when dubbed.
KikeLyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-14, 17:33   Link #34
Casshern

Hey guys, is there any news on the PC release for this?
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-14, 20:43   Link #35
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikeLyne View Post
At least namco has quite a good record in keeping the personality of the characters even when dubbed.
Not even close. I had no idea Kanon had a split personality while playing through Burst on the PSP.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 01:27   Link #36
KikeLyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Not even close. I had no idea Kanon had a split personality while playing through Burst on the PSP.
Keep in mind most of the NPCs have their personality freshed out with dialogues in the Den and character profile, it's how you interpret their character.

In the den is she all meek and nice, though others will call her for her friendly fire.

And in battle is the only time you get to hear her SPEAK not to mention whenever you get into her Line of fire. It's not that difficult to believe she does not have a split-personality.
KikeLyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 02:18   Link #37
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikeLyne View Post
Keep in mind most of the NPCs have their personality freshed out with dialogues in the Den and character profile, it's how you interpret their character.

In the den is she all meek and nice, though others will call her for her friendly fire.

And in battle is the only time you get to hear her SPEAK not to mention whenever you get into her Line of fire. It's not that difficult to believe she does not have a split-personality.
You're missing the point.

In the Japanese version, Kanon very clearly is a sadist whenever she is in battle and speaks much differently from how polite she is at the Fenrir base.

This is completely lost in the English dub. You do get to read about the other NPCs talking about her friendly fire, but since the voice actor failed so hard to deliver her lines, it can be misinterpreted as Kanon just being clumsy/inaccurate when in reality, she is quite literally a loose cannon

There are also other subpar English voice actors, like the voice for Paylor Sakaki, who was completely monotone when Shio was missing and Schicksal caught on to his plans.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-21, 13:47   Link #38
Sacredus

So we have update on GE:R censorship.
http://operationrainfall.com/2016/06...surrection-e3/
Quote:
Speculation of censorship occurred when it was announced that Bandai Namco had altered some of the scenes of blood in the game. These altered scenes take place during devouring segments where the player’s weapon forms fangs that bite into monsters.
Quote:
The rep not only verified the toned down blood, but also stated that the previously censored story scenes taken out of God Eater Burst have been put back in for this release of the game.
tl;tr
1. Blood is toned down - BUT only during predation mode/atacks (I think in Ressurection these atack were more bloody)
2. Scenes that were removed in PSP GE Rage Burst will be readded to this version of game
3. No info about removing cigarette scenes from opening
4. Nothing else will be changed
Old 2016-07-01, 10:51   Link #39
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So... anyone got this game? It's only $20 on the PSV. I have some experience with the PSP port but never finished it.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-26, 13:32   Link #40
csuree
The Most Hated™

now that i put my hands on some money it brings up a serious question: Do I buy it for PC or PS, anyone have an opinion on it?

Tags
ps vita