AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-10, 00:30   Link #61
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin
I see, I read the manga and was upset with the ending so I gave up on the game.
Well the PS 2 version supposedly had different version of the ending where Tomoya actually ended up uniting with Tomoyo after the coma.

But yeah, the manga/PC versions were just too depressing. Yeah, it tells you to move on with life and all but where the hell is the "wonderful life"? Sorry but that just not my cup of tea.
Old 2008-02-10, 01:26   Link #62
Kevs

The whole manga's been scanlated, and I've put it up.
PM me if you want a link.
Old 2008-02-10, 02:35   Link #63
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, so i read the manga. quite the depressant if you ask me.. its very sweet and heartwarming, but also very bitter. i really hope they animate it.

some of the frames in the manga were drawn in a style i didn't particularly like and took away from the seriousness of the story. but aside from that, the story was great.
Old 2008-02-11, 00:36   Link #64
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
But yeah, the manga/PC versions were just too depressing. Yeah, it tells you to move on with life and all but where the hell is the "wonderful life"? Sorry but that just not my cup of tea.
Exactly. I'm an optimistic person who grew up in a tough situation (and still am), so I'm definitely not a happy-go-lucky person who can't understand sadness, but I'm also not a desperate person who can't see hope in bitterness. However, no matter from which viewpoint I look at tomoyo after's story, there's no way I can see it as a "wonderful" life. Just can't. Call me shallow or whatever, but I would rather go for the "bad" ending.

Spoiler for the "true" ending:

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
yeah, so i read the manga. quite the depressant if you ask me.. its very sweet and heartwarming, but also very bitter. i really hope they animate it.
I also think it's a good animation material, but if they really do, I'll urge them to change the subtitle to "It's a Horrible Life", if they stick to the original ending.
Old 2008-02-11, 00:41   Link #65
Joachim
et tu, brute?

well after reading the manga... yea i think it is kinda confirmed that
Spoiler:
man even i got teary eyed when reading the last chapter
Old 2008-02-11, 04:21   Link #66
AuditionEX
Protect the Loli

Bad ending.. poor tomoya
I dont cry on mangas no matter how sad will it be. XD
anyway.. for Tomoyo, hmm.. nice gained moral to her own future. it really helps a lot.
Old 2008-02-11, 09:15   Link #67
Elvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Well the PS 2 version supposedly had different version of the ending where Tomoya actually ended up uniting with Tomoyo after the coma.
By uniting you mean... Lovers suicide?!?
Old 2008-02-11, 10:41   Link #68
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

I couldnt stop myself from reading the manga..and boy..why the hell did Tomoya have to die. Seeing Clannad after that feels similar to watching home videos of my grandparents who passed away .

Neway..quite the sad story, and the title i must say is misleading. I was expecting some more problems on family lines and strengthening of Tomoyo and Tomoya's relation. But i was really saddened by the ending. A nice manga.. but a bit too sad for my liking
Old 2008-02-11, 17:19   Link #69
bombsaces

Send a message via MSN to bombsaces
Man Key knows how to make you sad, even if it involved killing of the main character.
I read the scanlations the other day, it was nicely done, had some decent comedy, but wow the ending still gets me, so bittersweet.
Old 2008-02-11, 17:19   Link #70
Nite
-------

At first I thought that 4 chapters would be too short to cover everything in Tomoyo After, but I think they handled the key points quite well, even though a lot of the drama is toned down.

Spoiler for manga spoilers:

Interested in seeing how the tomoyo dearest manga will turn out now.
Old 2008-02-11, 22:36   Link #71
Kristen
*Author

So, I just finished the Tomoyo arc tonight and read the Manga right after. That is pretty depressing of a story. Something tells me that the manga skipped over a lot of stuff and just highlighted the main events of the story.

Nothing like I had expected. Also, isn't Tomo Tomoyo's half sister?
Old 2008-02-11, 22:59   Link #72
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Yes she is.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2008-02-14, 06:14   Link #73
Julius Firefocht

I just read the Tomoyo After manga. Tears came out just as I finished the last chapter. It did not help that it was Valentine's Day.

Now, if KyoAni were to animate this as an OVA series, it would be absolutely beautiful. I think Tomoyo's stock just rose even further within my heart.
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Old 2008-02-14, 07:46   Link #74
TomoyoSakagami

Send a message via MSN to TomoyoSakagami
It would be beautiful if KyoAni would animate this, but even if there was that posibilliaty...it would be ages away T_T
Old 2008-02-14, 14:27   Link #75
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomoyoSakagami View Post
It would be beautiful if KyoAni would animate this, but even if there was that posibilliaty...it would be ages away T_T
Don't know about that....considering the renewed interest in Clannad, and as a result Tomoyo After, it's possible (from a business perspective atleast) to ride the wave and animate Tomoyo After, soon.

Hell, the game itself is selling, used for an upwards of $150 (give or take) right now in Japan...for something that's over 2 years old. It'd be a prime opportunity for this to be animated...just hope that if that does happen, they don't do the PS2 end...really made it a shallow ending compared to the PC version.
Old 2008-02-14, 15:58   Link #76
AuditionEX
Protect the Loli

Is there a Kyou after story? manga or translated novel please.
Old 2008-02-14, 16:01   Link #77
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuditionEX View Post
Is there a Kyou after story? manga or translated novel please.
as I already answered, until it is a very discrete novel format (like yukine in Clannad another stories), no there isn't any of these, let alone translated.
Old 2008-02-14, 16:05   Link #78
AuditionEX
Protect the Loli

^ i see. kthnxbai.
Old 2008-02-14, 16:14   Link #79
hai_san

i read the manga and really want to forget about it immediately after, because it is to much depressing, i will pretend it never happened and whatever the ending of the TV is for me then the "true" ending with hopefully NOONE dying or wtf i am going to send a letter bomb to KyoAni department or scriptwriter!
Old 2008-02-14, 18:31   Link #80
mandarb916

someone's doing a Kyou After, on their spare time using Tomoyo After as a basis for fun :P (ie. not lisenced or by Key...might be able to find something on youtube...it's on nicovideo for sure)

As for the reaction about the PC version of Tomoyo After, I think that's the main reason why it was dumbed down for the PS2. While it's a sad ending, I think it's also the death of Tomoya which makes this such a beautiful story. Admittedly, when a track from the soundtrack comes on, I sometimes shed a tear or 2...
Closed Thread