AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 23 23.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 52.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-10, 07:01   Link #81
wynaut
Photoshopper

I guess in this episode, they just wanted to show how ryujii change ami's attitude
Old 2009-01-10, 07:15   Link #82
wistfulloner

What I found so adorable about this episode is how Taiga can be so shaken up and dumbfounded with the right conditions. Even with the tough shell, she can be as submissive as a puppy; like when she found Kitamura alone and sad, she told him he could touch her anytime, anywhere (something like that), and gets embarrassed from her sudden outburst.

It's funny, an angel of Death transforming into a distraught maiden upon the appearance of a certain someone.
Old 2009-01-10, 11:00   Link #83
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

I think my favorite part about this anime is interaction between ryuji and ami and ami's development. So I really liked that they relatively got alot of screen time together.
Old 2009-01-10, 11:53   Link #84
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I hope the next episode brings more Ami love to the table.
Old 2009-01-10, 13:56   Link #85
typhonsentra

Heh, don't count on it.
Old 2009-01-10, 15:57   Link #86
Molenir

This episode, like others have said, seemed to suggest that Kitamura confessed to the Student Council President, and that she shot him down. Kind of makes me dislike Kitamura here. He initially goes after Taiga, who is so shocked she turns him down. Now, knowing that Taiga actually does like him, he goes after another girl.

Glad to see some Ami development too. But when are we going to see some more on Minorin, like what makes her do the things she does?
Old 2009-01-10, 16:25   Link #87
Skincrawler

I'm not sure if someone already mentioned this, but I don't see it anywhere. Did anyone else notice during the scene with the pictures that he said picture #133 and not #113. I looked through the scenes with the pictures and personally couldn't see #133 so what could that be?
Old 2009-01-10, 17:48   Link #88
Voitan

HOoooooooooooooooooly SMOKES!

MAN!

What a GREAT EPISODE!

Everyone got a slice of developement! EVEN KITAMURA!

WOW! I thought that guy was just some caricature of an anime archtype but this episode even managed to humanize KITAMURA!?

Comedy was high up there with Minorin zanyness and Ami vs. Taiga bickering!

But wowee-wow! We got a look into everyone's squiggly insides too!

Plus guilty-pleasure Ami moments.

10/10
Old 2009-01-10, 18:15   Link #89
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
The whole concept that touching Taiga would bring good luck made me laugh out loud and the fact that it irritated her so much made it worth it. Honestly the episode was filed with the usual Toradora humor and such but what made the episode a 9 in my book are 3 scenes which i loved.

The first being the several scenes where Ryu keeps saying hes touched Taiga more than anyone else he should have the best luck out of anyone. Now i took this as symbolic in terms of Ryu and Taiga's relationship. I believe Ryu does have the best luck out of everyone but does not realize it same with Taiga. I believe its because they have each other but neither realize how important the other is to one another and i believe it will come later.

The second was Ami who as always is just superb (notice that she also has had lots of contact with Taiga including rubbing her head in this episode) The scene of her talking to her mother showed exactly what Ryu has done for her. She is acting more like her true self has made real friends and even though she stopped short found someone she truly cares for namely Ryu. To me she has also been blessed with good luck.

The final scene was Yaya-chan, Ryu and Taiga all sitting around together eating. When Yaya starts talking about family and rubbing Taiga's head it just showed me how close not only Ryu and Taiga are but her mom are as well. The key word during the conversation being family. To me this another great theme of Toradora to go along with finding yourself, love, and friendship.

Now although i didn't add this scene to my list i couldn't help but to mention it. Kitamura and the student council prez. I am sooooo curious as to what was said that its eating me up inside. Whatever was said made Kitamura sit outside the school with this puzzled look on his face. Im sure it will be mentioned later but whatever it is im sure it juicy. I dont want to say it was confession by her but that is one of the possibilities.
Old 2009-01-11, 03:12   Link #90
MaiHikari

great episode

heh, I always thought Kitamura liked the president... he's spent so much time at the student council and the first time she appeared in the anime, Taiga got jealous of her because of the way Kitamura looked at her with such great awe. Someone mentioned that he likes Ami but I think he treats Ami with the same kindness he treats his friends. Someone also mentioned that he's a boring character with absolutely no development, but they've missed the clues presented throughout the series about his character. And in the last episode, when the pres said she's leaving the student council in good hands (Kitamura's), it may be an indication of why Kitamura is sad in this episode. Isn't she a senior? So she must be graduating. I hope the luck of the palm-top tiger would work on Kitamura so he can also find his own happiness!

It seems this development for Kitamura would also be a catalyst for Taiga's relationship development. She's always been chasing Kitamura with no progress and it seems she can now speak to him normally. It might be an indication of Taiga getting over her nervous crush for Kitamura.

Looking forward to the next episodes.
Old 2009-01-11, 04:58   Link #91
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

May I bring the attention over our spoiler policy, that we post each time a new episode thread is opened?

Quote:
Thread Guidelines
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
Discussing, mentioning or even just hinting future events is absolutely forbidden in the anime only threads. It doesn't matter if spoiler tags are used, spoilers are still no tolerated.
I'm posting this because I've seen users who're familiar with the novels posting here contents that, basing on the anime, are not foreseeable as of now. That's the point, if the anime didn't show it yet, then you can't discuss it here. As simple as that.
If someone begs you about what will happen next and which chapter will be covered, then reply in pm and not in this thread.

For spoilers venting or just plain speculation based on future events we have the proper places, and you know what they are:

Toradora Novel Discussion
Toradora! - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Toradorians only)
Old 2009-01-11, 05:07   Link #92
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I fail to understand the point of spoiler tags if this is the case.
Old 2009-01-11, 05:11   Link #93
wistfulloner

As they say, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. I suppose that since those are the rules, we follow them, regardless of the logic.
Old 2009-01-11, 08:30   Link #94
arkxkra
全力全開

erm, good episode and quite enjoyable.

Like the palm top tiger happiness legend, who touch tiger or punch/hit/smack by Tiger also can be happiness afterward, that true because, most people does. The teacher should try this once lol.

I wonder what the student council president(forget her name) told to Kitamura. @.@'
Old 2009-01-11, 09:39   Link #95
Lliiry
Lost in the sky

Send a message via MSN to Lliiry
That was cool!
Really, i'm going to like Ami more and more. I feel so sorry for her, when she sits alone in her room with this pork. Waiting for development of her story.
And i like very much the way Taiga and Ryu became one family, it's so nice!
Old 2009-01-11, 10:27   Link #96
Bordix

I've just noticed this scene just now.

was this the first time Minorin blushed? (Too lazy to re watch prev episodes)
Old 2009-01-11, 10:53   Link #97
typhonsentra

She also blushes when she's explaining her haunted house idea.
Old 2009-01-11, 15:57   Link #98
maxpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
I've just noticed this scene just now.

was this the first time Minorin blushed? (Too lazy to re watch prev episodes)
They really need to draw Ryuuji like they used to, lol what the hell is that?
Old 2009-01-11, 16:39   Link #99
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

People complain about animation too much.

This is JC Staff's "other" show this season, you know.
Old 2009-01-11, 17:20   Link #100
maxpepper

I had no idea Toradora was JC Staff's unloved bastard child

So which show is their primary one? I don't really know much about anime studios or anime in general. This is the 1st anime I've actually seen and followed, unless you count DBZ when I was like 10.
Closed Thread