Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-12-04, 10:20   Link #61
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonBon
Oh, and I wonder what those shots with Mikan as bugs were about in the preview...
Maybe its a pun on being ignored. ( むしする )
(if her friend is ignoring her and not helping her it makes her feel as low as a bug)
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 12:01   Link #62
Blaat

I'm curious to know does the anime follow the manga closely? Oh well I'm really impatient for the next episode
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 12:14   Link #63
gagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
I'm curious to know does the anime follow the manga closely? Oh well I'm really impatient for the next episode

it does follow rather closely (though there are a few unnecessary fillers and slight changes). the manga which its based on kicks much more ass; if you liked the anime you probably love the manga. the characters do not look so generic and the manga is funnier.
gagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 12:33   Link #64
Blaat

Hmmm too bad its not translated
Old 2004-12-04, 12:37   Link #65
gagged

hm.. u can get the raws though
there are jap and chinese copies around ..

there are sites which allow you to browse it online.
Old 2004-12-04, 13:45   Link #66
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Since I'm the t/ler for Naisho (I'm not the one to be hitting, im not the slow person in the group :P), I can give you a mini synopsis of the eps to the manga comparison.

Episode 1 and the first 40 or so pages of the manga were almost identical. They added a whole lot more about the closing of the school in the anime, but they changed some wordings of the puns around.
Episode 2 - Pretty much word for word the same with the next part of volume 1
Episode 3 - Lots of similarities to the manga in the beginning. They added a lot more to Shouda's little speech to Mikan, they gave Shouda another person in her fanclub, and they incredibly increased the dialogue in the classroom scene. The whole thing with the robot, the money, the lab, and all of that were almost all new in anime with a few exceptions.
Episode 4 - Same as manga, almost exactly. Added a few more scenes and moved things around differently, but the lines were pretty darn close to being the same.
Episode 5 - Lots of changes from anime/manga. The beginning was generally the same and the description of the system was the same, but they added a lot more comedic scenes from 0 stars - top star and removed some stuff >.>;;; A new Hotaru invention in the end in the anime~
Episode 6 - havent watched yet
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 17:39   Link #67
Azulet

yay Dragosmore, we love you for translating this series for us! thanks so much! can't wait (but doesn't mean you should rush) for the next eps!
how many eps are there anyways?
keep up the good work!
Azulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 19:36   Link #68
Dragosmore
Translator

Episode 6 aired recently and a total of 26 episodes planned for the entire series ^_^
Old 2004-12-04, 20:09   Link #69
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore
Episode 6 aired recently and a total of 26 episodes planned for the entire series ^_^
Whats your opinion on the Kansai-ben?
Does it ever confuse you much?
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 20:48   Link #70
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
I'm disappointed by this episode for three reasons:
Spoiler for rant:

Here's hoping it gets better, I really liked the first ep.

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 21:09   Link #71
Dragosmore
Translator

Kansai-ben is a joke for whoever asked that question, especially Mikan's very light version of it. If you compare it to let's say Katze in Ryu Knight, it's a piece of cake. Never confusing. And as for plagiarism of Kodocha, you'll see soon that it really isn't. It's just similar in some respects, but as the plot fleshes out more, you'll find quite a good deal of differences as well

Quick edit:
Also, the whole thing about not being able to become a wife isnt a kodocha-only thing. It's a fairly common joke that when a girl's/woman's seen in their private parts, they cant marry anyone besides the person who saw them there :P (In the manga, Natsume actually takes Mikan's panties as well >.>;;
Old 2004-12-04, 21:47   Link #72
Azulet

Question poll for alice characters?

I saw some threads had polls but can't seem to start one myself. Does anyone know how?
I'm just curious to know who everyone's fav character so far is. I figure poll will be less messy than everyone posting their choice.
thanks.
Azulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 02:08   Link #73
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Mikan's kansai-ben is so cute, just like Osaka's from Azumanga~
Hotaru and Mikan's relationshp reminds me of Vanilla and Normad's from Galaxy Angel...

After I saw how Narumi-sensei's power (as well as Natsume's?) didn't work on Mikan, I presumed her Alice is immunity like Bink's from Piers Anthony's Xanth series, but the end of the second episode casts some doubts. Wanting to see for myself, I've been avoiding my usual spoiler sources (like Memento), but curse my Chinese ability to read kanji characters; the official site already tells us what Alice most of the characters have and what category of Alice they are in!! >__<
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 02:30   Link #74
gagged

has anyone read the manga to vol 6 or to the latest chapter?

if anyone has, can pm me a short summary? thanks.
i duno where else to get info on this series; there seem to be so few sites on gakuen alice.

my fav characters are mikan and luca !
Old 2004-12-05, 02:52   Link #75
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Mikan's kansai-ben is so cute, just like Osaka's from Azumanga~
Hotaru and Mikan's relationshp reminds me of Vanilla and Normad's from Galaxy Angel...

After I saw how Narumi-sensei's power (as well as Natsume's?) didn't work on Mikan, I presumed her Alice is immunity like Bink's from Piers Anthony's Xanth series, but the end of the second episode casts some doubts. Wanting to see for myself, I've been avoiding my usual spoiler sources (like Memento), but curse my Chinese ability to read kanji characters; the official site already tells us what Alice most of the characters have and what category of Alice they are in!! >__<
Indeed very cute ^^

Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-05, 03:11   Link #76
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure it'll be explained later on (I haven't seen episode 3 yet), but
Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-05, 04:59   Link #77
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
I'm pretty sure it'll be explained later on (I haven't seen episode 3 yet), but
Spoiler:
But then again, the whole reason the speculation about resisting Alices came up was because she wasn't affected by Narumi-sensei...she wasn't prepared at all for that, so I can't see that she was protecting herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore
(In the manga, Natsume actually takes Mikan's panties as well >.>;;
Meh, I don't think that would be nearly so funny. It was the over-reaction that I found so amusing. Plus...how would that have EVER happened?
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 05:02   Link #78
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
But then again, the whole reason the speculation about resisting Alices came up was because she wasn't affected by Narumi-sensei...she wasn't prepared at all for that, so I can't see that she was protecting herself.
Mmm, I guess she was either hell-bent on seeing Hotaru (so his "go home" doesn't work on her) or she was too busy trying to figure out Narumi-sensei's gender!

Quote:
Meh, I don't think that would be nearly so funny. It was the over-reaction that I found so amusing. Plus...how would that have EVER happened?
In the manga she was wearing a summer dress, not a skirt...so it's not like Natsume could pull half of it off.
Old 2004-12-05, 05:17   Link #79
Blaat

I couldn't resist it and decided to use an online translator to translate her page info at the official site and apparently about her powers:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-05, 05:54   Link #80
satpam

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagged
hm.. u can get the raws though
there are jap and chinese copies around ..

there are sites which allow you to browse it online.
Can you post some links to the sites ?
satpam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
child abuse, comedy, fantasy, shojo