Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2006-12-07, 08:56   Link #41
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
The second season will most likely be an "answer chapter" to the Higurashi TV anime series, in which a plot development different from the original story is possible.
the media format (TV anime, OVA, etc) is unknown at this time.
DEEN again...
To me they were not that bad since the animation wasn't what I cared the most on this series...
I'd like to hear the original music, but that soundtrack is not the end of the world
I can bear it
And the differences original x anime I think the forum here could supply us hehheh

But don't make them distort the original story....please...

this way we would have 3 endings
game
game/PS2
anime

And who knows, maybe even the manga with its own...
Old 2006-12-07, 15:27   Link #42
BakaOnna

This is very good news, but I seriously hope they won't change the original story. Well... we'll just have to wait and see.
BakaOnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 16:39   Link #43
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
au au au...

I was never hoping for a second season, nor expecting one, but this is good news that kept me going through what was otherwise a horrible day! (I read this before I left for school...)

Although I have little love for DEEN, and it appears although they are keeping the rights since info is up on the same page they were using, I trust them more than another studio taking it on out of nowhere. Except for KyoAni, but for that to have been even possible we'd have to wait till 2008-2009 I'd imagine. But I'd be afraid of how a studio like Madhouse, JC Staff, etc. would alter the story. Unless DEEN does that anyways...

But anyways! I hope they have a bigger budget, otherwise they shouldn't be doing another series right? Thankfully I should have read all the Higurashi Sound Novel chapters by the time this comes out, so it will be a bit more pleasing as I will understand what was left out. Edit: What WILL be left out. <3

Rasuberi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 00:25   Link #44
Hagges01
Special UFO Hunter

this is the best new of the week

I just hope for an excelent serie again
oh my this is sooo good
Old 2006-12-08, 02:52   Link #45
chrno_the_sinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Please, guys, keep Hanyuu ;(
Hanyuu is too integral to the plot to keep out. Otherwise, there'd be a mess of questions on our hands.

Plus, fans would boycott the series.
chrno_the_sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 03:01   Link #46
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

I see alot of you guys talking about Hanyu. Have you guys all read the posts that we put up? If so, I'm really glad to see that our efforts did not go to waste!! Seeing you guys being able to get a sort of half-way experience as the gamers via those TIPS and Pieces makes me happy.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 03:57   Link #47
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

this says it for me
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 05:33   Link #48
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post

this says it for me
So is the worst news of week for me.
DEEN. DEEN. That says all.
If I hear 今千秋's gonna directing it again, it'll be the end of me watching it even before it's on-air.

Well, since one of most important theme of Higurashi is Trust and Forgiveness, I think I should follow that rule myself.
Quote:
『ひぐらしのなく頃に』アニメ第2期が制作決定
2006年夏、アニメファンの話題をさらったTVアニメーション『ひぐらしのなく頃に』のセカンドシー ズン が始動することが明らかになった。
セカンドシーズンは、TVアニメ版『ひぐらし』なりの「解答編」的な内容になるとの事で、原作 版とはまた違 った展開が用意されている可能性がある。なお、メディアは未定。
Now it looks slightly interesting, isn't it?
PS2 version prepared different "final chapter" and now Anime may have another "final", just like how things could have gone different in 52th piece.
Thisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 07:43   Link #49
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
Very nice, unique story like this shouldn't be left in half way. Looking forward to it I'll watch it before I start to look information about dropped details. I haven't read all Tips and info about those yet. So I believe that I can enjoy it fully without worrying and comparing anime and game.
Anacone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 13:09   Link #50
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Hmmm - I'm surpised to hear all the bashing of Keichi's seiyuu - I thought he was pretty decent...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 18:36   Link #51
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Hmmm - I'm surpised to hear all the bashing of Keichi's seiyuu - I thought he was pretty decent...
I thought he was more than decent, actually. Like was stated before, I think he just got outdone by the others

Original story arc for anime? I'd really like to see Minagoroshi and Matsuribayashi, though. Maybe they'll do all three?

No, probably not...
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 21:32   Link #52
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
O .O Probably the best news I've recieved all week. I do hope it'll be better in quality. Kyoani getting it would be pretty unbelievable, but I would totally just leak if they did But if it goes to the original animation team...eh~ I really do hope they just do a better job.

I want my Hanyuu~
Jinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 22:32   Link #53
firelycan

oh yes, tis very good XD
firelycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 02:25   Link #54
David Johnston

Quote:
Originally Posted by lana3007 View Post
I knew it! I just knew it! If Kanon and Negima got remakes, there would be no way in hell that Higurashi wouldn't get at least a continuation. Remake would probably be best, it will be so nice to see the first series with decent character design.

I doubt we will get Kyoto Animation though, that might be a bit too much to ask for. But hey if that does happen what are the bets that Tomakazu Sugita (SHnY's Kyon) will be the new voice for Keiichi?
Well I'd rather a continuation that gets us to the actual end than a remake that peters out halfway through. And I'm no sure how well it would do if they just reran the same events with better animation and a few different lines.
David Johnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 13:02   Link #55
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gains View Post
If KyoAni takes it then we can rejoice.

Problem is how many episodes would it take to create a great Higurashi.

Considering the arcs that we know:
For remake, we have got 2 branches. Visual Novel (8 arcs) and PS2 (9 arcs?). 26 episodes=impossible. It would be just the same as DEEN.
Animating just Minagoroshi and Matsuribayashi, I think 12-14 episodes would not be enough but I don't know whether 24-26 episodes would be too long.
Or KyoAni (I wish) might use the Fumoffu way and did Higurashi Daybreak

My wishes:
Please no weird face contortions.
Please use music from the visual novels.
Please do the whole Meakashi Epilogue with Confession as the BGM.

Now, who would you want as Hanyuu's seiyuu? I'm dying to hear "Auauau~" in the anime.
If Kyoto Animation takes it proves to me for certain that all they can do is take other peoples work. They're officially the BASF of anime as far as I'm concerned. They don't make a lot of the stuff you buy, they make a lot of the stuff you buy better (well more pretty in this case). I'll never understand why everyone adores that company so much since if you took away all their source material they'd be out on the street do to having no original stories whatsover. They lack creativity on so many levels I just cannot call them a great company, though I still don't hate them like I do some others since they respect their source material (maybe because they don't have the creative staff to do it differently, then again maybe not, who knows) and do a good job at bringing things to life. Though Deen's not much better at creativity the point still stands. They are only as good as the source material made available them and they have a talent for making pretty series, that's really it. But hey if thats all it takes for other people then they must be great for them, me, I'll stick with Bones (Gorgeous and creative) and Sunrise (The core genus of Bones and a great and legendary company in its own right).

However if it is them and they do the full deal this time including Minagoroshi and Matsuribayashi, no complaints, it'll be pretty and it'll be done and a series like Higurashi needs to be don't right or it won't make sense in the end. The plot threads are too interwoven for any to be at all different from what the visual novel intended. Oh and Souichiro Hoshi needs to stop hissing whenever he gets a little emotional.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2006-12-09 at 13:20.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 16:28   Link #56
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
I wouldn't say KyoAni lacks creativity. They input a lot of little things into their series in which you can tell it's their own. And I'm not talking about their distinctive (and amazing) animation... Not to mention, I simply admire people who take something and make it better.

But it's not very likely that Higurashi will be animated by them at all. Unless we get a remake 2008+, which I certainly wouldn't mind. But for now let's just wait for any more official information for whatever Higurashi 2007 will be.

Rasuberi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 16:45   Link #57
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

My opinion is, if you are going to make a version of something from other media (manga, game...), you have to be faithful, creativity here is not much welcomed to me. The chances of ruining it are high. Leave it for original work. So, in terms of adaptation, Kyoani deserves credits. They do not inovate that much (that's good) and make it pretty. That's enough

I think you are referring to the fact that Kyoani just do adaptations and not original stuff...

But we are talking about higurashi here. The creative work is done, no need for more.

Anyway, don't know why so much fuss, it won't be Kyoani that will do it...
Old 2006-12-09, 16:47   Link #58
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post

this says it for me
whow...now this is great!
im guessing that it will probably be the answer arcs rather than a remake of the whole series...
more mystery whoooo ~ and i also hope that hanyu will show up ~ i want to see her moeness!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 16:57   Link #59
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
My opinion is, if you are going to make a version of something from other media (manga, game...), you have to be faithful, creativity here is not much welcomed to me. The chances of ruining it are high. Leave it for original work.
See, I'm just the opposite. If I've already seen/read/played the original, I don't really need to see the exact same thing in a different format. It's pointless, really. There should be some creative liberties taken to keep it fresh for people who have already been through whatever it was based on. Granted, if it turns into a total rewrite (Love Hina and the first Negima), it's usually a bad thing. But when there's a good mix of original and additional material (H2G2 movie, Haruhi anime), FPB likes.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 17:24   Link #60
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
See, I'm just the opposite. If I've already seen/read/played the original, I don't really need to see the exact same thing in a different format. It's pointless, really. There should be some creative liberties taken to keep it fresh for people who have already been through whatever it was based on. Granted, if it turns into a total rewrite (Love Hina and the first Negima), it's usually a bad thing. But when there's a good mix of original and additional material (H2G2 movie, Haruhi anime), FPB likes.
Of course I liked SuzuHaru
But in a general way in what they did there wasn't so much of innovation.
They followed the novel pretty closely and just picked some cues the novels left opened for obvious reasons (the music) to put something "new" (in fact they were only filling the deficiences of the media, since paper cannot contain music and an episode where Haruhi plays in a festival or a movie without music would be strange hehehe). And the original episode was so... bleh that it doesn't count hehehe

When I talk about creativity not being welcomed, I mean on the plot that is already stablished.
I don't know if you watched Chobits, but to me that was a terrible adaptation. They wasted time on silly stuff (original stuff) and rushed the real important parts, distorting the original plot.

About Higurashi;
They already have many hours of contents to work with. To me, there's no reason to change an arc like the ones that are already done. But if it is a totally separated arc, like the PS2 port, it is fine for me