AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-11-10, 09:23   Link #421
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
Let Froleytia get some limelight. It will be more fun. And introduce a new girl
I don't think that has ever been an issue.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 10:15   Link #422
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Mah~ short of the few obvious fantasy elements, Heivia and Quenser feels more like your average soldier compare to the cool and usually professional ace pilots of Macross and Muv-Luv
Pardon me, but didn't they have gigantic mechs of their own which could fight equally with what was trying to kill them?
Old 2012-11-10, 13:20   Link #423
tsunade666

macross and muv-luv indeed had their own sets of mechs they use to fight aliens. While heavy object which was said again and again by Hevia. Blood human flesh soldiers vs huge monstrosity objects -_-
Old 2012-11-10, 14:00   Link #424
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Pardon me, but didn't they have gigantic mechs of their own which could fight equally with what was trying to kill them?
I was referring to their behavior.
Old 2012-11-10, 14:43   Link #425
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I was referring to their behavior.
I was referring to the fact that their behavior might have been slightly different if they had to fight without their gaint suits of armor.
Old 2012-11-10, 16:34   Link #426
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I was referring to the fact that their behavior might have been slightly different if they had to fight without their gaint suits of armor.
Irrelevant; it's a question of the story-telling, even if you take away their mecha their creator wold still write them that way.
Old 2012-11-15, 22:41   Link #427
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Heavy Object vol 5 back in action; first half of chapter 2 updated (4/7).
Old 2012-11-16, 00:14   Link #428
chancs

Quote:
Heavy Object vol 5 back in action; first half of chapter 2 updated (4/7).
I am missing Quenser and Heivia
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 19:55   Link #429
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Read up to Chapter 2 Part 5- Most of the chapter has a slow tempo to it giving Kamachi a chance to show off his exposition prowess... I would love to know if that Satellite Microwave Generator is a technology that we sort-of have available? Or at least something looked at in theory.

There is also some discussion on Mariydi's character, making her part professional soldier, part idealist, just the way Kamachi likes them...

Speaking of just the way Kamachi likes them... Is it just me? Or is there a sudden increase in Flat chest jokes in this second chapter?

Quote:
“How long are you planning to stay in here? Alicia and Stacy have already returned to their rooms. Don’t tell me you plan to watch me all night long in the name of protecting me.”

“I am simply following my contract. Since I have to be in a girl’s room, I would personally prefer one with a more glamorous body.

Quote:
“Oh, and don’t even think about following me into the bathroom.”

“…Um, this may sound rude, but, yes, from a style standpoint, yes, yes, you do not really provide any of the user needs, yes. And we are trying to run a business here…”

“Where the hell do you think you’re looking while making that comment?”

Quote:
“While we’re on the topic of what the viewers would want to see, why don’t you drink some milk and grow a sexier body? I’m sure they would love that.”

“If you like, I could give you some hormone drugs,” added Stacy.

“That is not how it works,” said Alicia. “The viewers would prefer to see the vain efforts of a flat-chested girl. It is a type of joke at her own expense.

And speaking of Flat chested girls, it seems that Ohoho-san is taking a break from the battlefield and is now guarding the event with her Object.
Old 2012-11-21, 05:51   Link #430
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Chapter 2 completed.

If I were Mariydi I would have f*** those useless bodyguards and whoever is in charge of the event security... While I'm sure there is some explanation, after an attack like that I wouldn't be in such a forgiving mood.
Old 2012-11-25, 19:14   Link #431
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Chapter three begins.

The swimming leg of the race apparently went off without a hinge, preparations are being made for the bike event...

Apparently they have to shoot while riding on the bike
Old 2012-11-26, 08:20   Link #432
chancs

Quote:
Chapter three begins.

The swimming leg of the race apparently went off without a hinge, preparations are being made for the bike event...

Apparently they have to shoot while riding on the bike
Then is it a competition in pairs?
Old 2012-11-26, 08:56   Link #433
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Then is it a competition in pairs?
Apparently not

Quote:
“And the sharpshooting is supposedly hardest as well. After all, you must use both hands to aim the sniper rifle at the target while riding the bicycle.”

“…That is not a skill you would ever need on the battlefield.”

“This is a sport,” replied Alicia with the world’s lamest explanation

Part 2-4 is out as well, some light hearted comedy where Mariydi, Stacy and her bodyguard (whose name still have not been mentioned) went out in the middle of the night to get some lettuce (long story), but ends up running into Alicia as she's acting all cutesy to cushion up to the sponsor

The best scene was this-

Quote:
“I have just been assaulted with praises for 3 hours straight. I’m a bit afraid my internal sense has been thrown off balance. If you don’t mind, could you insult me so I can realign myself?”

(As much as you act like you don’t, I take it you actually like having a beauty like Alicia clinging to you like that.)

With that thought, Mariydi looked at the man with a horribly icy look.

“So you’re some *** of a mental *** bastard who can’t get a boner without looking at a girl holding a giant gun? Get back to your dismal house and start licking a doll or something.”

The PR manager crouched down facing into a corner of the elevator.

“…Sorry. That was a bit more than I was expecting.”

“It was a request from my sponsor. I had to go all out.”
Old 2012-12-04, 18:52   Link #434
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Volume 5 Chapter 3 completed.
Old 2012-12-13, 16:43   Link #435
willx
Nyaaan~~

All of Volume 5 has now been completed. I suddenly have this weird feeling of Kamachi and his fixation with DFC / Lolis .. It gives me a weird tickle in the back of my neck.

That said, I admit I enjoyed the volume quite a bit! More than I expected actually with the introduction of a new character, although I felt some of the explanations a bit of a stretch from common sense (C'mon, seriously? They couldn't get all their governments to agree to just have all the Objects simultaneously blow that one ship up?)

Since Mariydi is heading to the Northern European Restricted Zone .. I wonder if it's setting it up for Quenser (and thus Objects, cause they're never separated for long ) to make their way up there as well ..

Reply hazy, ask again later
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 17:31   Link #436
Mars Mode

That epilogue is amazing, I didnt think it went like that. Although I had seen the ilustrations for a moment there he made me think is she fine. I like her
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 18:08   Link #437
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Looks like I got some catching up to do... Left at half of Chapter three...
Old 2012-12-15, 14:03   Link #438
chancs

What's the point of the whole volume when there's no Quiser?
Old 2012-12-16, 05:09   Link #439
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
What's the point of the whole volume when there's no Quiser?
Kamachi explained in the afterwords about what he wanted to write in this sidestory-

Quote:
Mariydi Whitewitch can be seen as a different sort of Elite who branched off from the main story, so I felt she was well suited as the protagonist of a side story.

And since I was doing a side story, I thought it would be fun to use a different viewpoint than the Legitimacy Kingdom. Instead of simply using the systems and customs of the other world powers, it’s interesting to see the very basis of the characters change so they react differently in what they find completely natural or very strange.

In other words, I can have fun by questioning the things Quenser and Heivia find natural and have the things they would find shocking be accepted as normal. You shouldn’t trust everything those two idiots say, okay?
Also, for those of you waiting for it, Volume 6 has started already.

Though I highly doubt he could finish but NT6 comes out in January.
Old 2012-12-18, 05:40   Link #440
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Right from the very beginning of Volume 6 it shows the necessity of male protagonists The boys delivered much needed humor missing from the previous volume (which I'm still stuck at chapter 4) right off the bat Quenser gets into an envious situation with the all girls Object designers base (there's a catch here I know it...)

The difference between Mariydi and Quenser is like the difference between an honor student and a delinquent hahah

Tags
fantasy, harem, legendary bikini armor, object, sci-fi, shounen