AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 11 13.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 24.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 20.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 15.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 12.66%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.80%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.80%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.80%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-22, 09:37   Link #201
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineThat View Post
With that said i was always under impression from the very start, that Gai was eventually going to become one of the main antagonists for the anime which would explain his Gary Stu-ism and make his betrayal all the more devestating to the members of FP. At this point im not sure if thats going to be the case.
I so agree with Gai being a gary stu.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2011-12-22, 10:36   Link #202
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
I so agree with Gai being a gary stu.
Why is Gai considered being Gary-Stu?
Old 2011-12-22, 10:52   Link #203
Soji

^Well...because it is too perfect, ok I do not think he is really perfect .but I must say that he fits perfectly into the category of Gary-Stu from what we saw. I think you know what that definition means, but just in case here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue is a link that can help you to understand better what Gary-tsu mean.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-12-22 at 11:03.
Old 2011-12-22, 20:36   Link #204
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Super handsome, super suave, super intelligent, super charismatic, seems to suffer no setbacks etc etc need I go on about why Gai si such a gary stu?

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2011-12-24, 12:30   Link #205
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Super handsome, super suave, super intelligent, super charismatic, seems to suffer no setbacks etc etc need I go on about why Gai si such a gary stu?
Well, he's been suffering a lot of setbacks lately. Or at least he seems to be.

So that takes a bit of a Gary Stu edge off of him (I admit he was one for a few episodes though).
Old 2011-12-26, 07:16   Link #206
Morisato

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Shu is not saying a thing. It's his problem or are you saying that the funeral parlor should spoil him up? I get your point but I find it more realistic that they don't understand what's happening to him. They knew Jun died and he ended up killing him but they don't know what his seeing because HE DOESN'T SAID A THING. Opening up to others could really help Shu a lot but alas I saw this type a lot. They always store it all inside their hearts thus making them fragile and easy to be hurt.
Spoil him? LOL Are you serious?

99% of their missions rely on Shu doing 90% of the work. If anything, Shu is spoiling them for risking his life for a bunch of random terrorists he doesn't even know.

Don't know why people bother defending the terrorists for their treatment of Shu. These guys only TAKE from Shu, never GIVING anything back. They just use him cause he's a superweapon at the moment.

These terrorists provide NO BENEFIT to Shu. Only reason Shu even helps these scums is cause he has a crush on Inori. Now Inori genuinuely likes him and has risked her life to save him a number of times.

P.S. Ayase is a stupid bitch. I hope she dies by the end of the series.
Old 2012-01-02, 21:50   Link #207
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Sigh... it's not like I don't understand what they're aiming for. I actually liked episode 9 which got these points over far better. Yes, Shu's all traumatized and all, but the way they presented it just makes it too ridiculous to take seriously. They actually managed to try too hard.

So yes, a trauma victim will become catatonic, refuse the input of others, and even lose their sense of preservation. And Gai's a friggin asshole too; I'm not sure pointing a gun at him (even though I would too) is gonna help matters. You just don't do that kind of shit, but it's fair;y evident that both sides are incompetent as hell.

But really, this episode was actually watchable til near the end with Inori trying to understand Shu and actually treating him somewhat better (Really, why is she the one the seems the best this episode) Ayase is Ayase, and really, fuck off too.

Okay, that wasn't bad but the true ugliness came out during the Shu and Hare scene. That's gotta be some of the fakest attempts at sentimentality ever displayed on screen. Why is Hare in love with him again? Oh man, Shu, you just don't try to understand anyone at all.

Although the basic outline of the episode is sound, the way it was done just made everyone look like crap, and this cast is just no longer salvageable.

But don't worry, I'm dropping this series. I hope there's been no hard feelings with anybody. This series was fun to watch at points; and I actually enjoyed the 2 before this but further in and well... let's just say its method of storytelling is incompatible with my own tastes. Maybe if something lights up again, leave me a note.

To paraphrase a friend "I shouldn't have to be trying so hard to enjoy this series". Peace.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-01-02 at 22:34.
Old 2012-01-02, 23:57   Link #208
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Sigh... it's not like I don't understand what they're aiming for. I actually liked episode 9 which got these points over far better. Yes, Shu's all traumatized and all, but the way they presented it just makes it too ridiculous to take seriously. They actually managed to try too hard.
Aw, you're leaving the series. Too bad. Well, if it gets better...it probably wouldn't matter, because we're halfway through and all.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-03-27, 11:52   Link #209
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Yea. Here I am commenting about the first 60-seconds of the episode before the opening sequence.

Someone kill Shu already. He's gonna get people killed. Traumatized or not. This is a war situation; and if I see a coward like that in my ranks, I'd kill him myself.

Quote:
And Gai's a friggin asshole too; I'm not sure pointing a gun at him (even though I would too) is gonna help matters.
He did that, and didn't pull the trigger? WTF

And per Gai's words: "Shu is dead to me", likewise, this series is dead to me. LOLOLOL

Last edited by Kyuu; 2012-03-27 at 12:08.
Closed Thread