Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 18:14   Link #442
isamu99

what would you guys say is better between G Gundam, Wing and Turn A?
isamu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 19:38   Link #443
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... that depends entirely on taste. G-Gundam, Gundam Wing, and Turn A Gundam all have very different depictions and themes and elements to them in their production. Doesn't necessarily mean one is inherently better than the others.
Old 2013-10-14, 19:40   Link #444
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Yeah, like, personally for me, Wing would be last out of the 3 for me, but I know there are many who would easily put Wing first on their list.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 21:10   Link #445
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by isamu99 View Post
what would you guys say is better between G Gundam, Wing and Turn A?
if u like slow paced and realistic, turn a
If u like cool gundam and cool (emo?) protag, wing
If u like manliness and action, g
Old 2013-10-15, 20:44   Link #446
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Yeah, like, personally for me, Wing would be last out of the 3 for me, but I know there are many who would easily put Wing first on their list.
Right here.
Old 2013-10-27, 02:05   Link #447
Sabu113

Has to be Wing. I just liked the characters and broader plot a lot more. Treize's whole machinations were awesome. Each arc felt new to me, etc.

00 has to be second because it was pretty solid and had some cool political things that looked promising. ... Need to finish it. mnrgh. It had promise then meeeh.

Seed third I suppose. Was funish.

I really wish we got another Wing. My ultimate fantasy would be a slightly more mature Gundam Wing. A touch my complexity here and there. Still nothing else has managed to rekindle my interest in gundams.

What's always surprised me is 08th team. Found it massively overrated.
Sabu113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 10:32   Link #448
leolim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabu113 View Post
Has to be Wing. I just liked the characters and broader plot a lot more. Treize's whole machinations were awesome. Each arc felt new to me, etc.

00 has to be second because it was pretty solid and had some cool political things that looked promising. ... Need to finish it. mnrgh. It had promise then meeeh.

Seed third I suppose. Was funish.

I really wish we got another Wing. My ultimate fantasy would be a slightly more mature Gundam Wing. A touch my complexity here and there. Still nothing else has managed to rekindle my interest in gundams.

What's always surprised me is 08th team. Found it massively overrated.
You back it backward 08th ms team has good stor,y Wing Seed and OO are more Overrated:
Wing: Fujoshi crap, barely have any ms Battle, and OZ ms are weak compare to Zeon.
Seed: Over use of Stock footage, flashback, jesus, Mary sue, Shin.
OO: Same as Wing with a "bad Ending".
leolim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 17:35   Link #449
isamu99

I couldn't get into 08th ms team. Stardust Memory was better. Watching Turn A now and I'm 4 episodes in. Liking it so far.
isamu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 22:43   Link #450
Aurelis
Daydreamer

For me, my personal favourite Gundam series is Gundam Sentinel. I read the English-translated novel and I enjoyed it. But don't get me wrong, it's far from being the perfect Gundam series.

There's lack of likeable characters and it barely has any character development. The plot was relatively short and was not a major factor to the Universal Century and I actually find it hard to sympathize with any of the conflicting sides.

However, it delivered something which I really liked. Military forces at war. Soldiers behaved as soldiers do, Gundams were treated like machines and the odds were never in anyone's favour.

The desperateness and struggle of both Task Force Alpha and New Desides, the tactical decisions they undertake to adapt to stacking odds and the brief hope and devastation at signs of reinforcements, was something I couldn't get from any other series.

Of course, it also had the A.L.I.C.E program and the unsung heroics she did, providing a godly monologue as she silently help Ryu Roots, which made the S Gundam fascinating. There was no need for unexplained super power like Transam mode, SEED break, Psycoframe, NewTypes or Coordinator. Just good old sensor-feedbacked and AI-calculated best-course-of-action moves.

While most lead Gundams are always thought in tandem with their pilots, RX-78-2 and Amuro, Sazabi and Char, Gouf and Ral, Exia and Setsuna, it was just Ex-S Gundam for me. It didn't need any pilot cause it is that awesome.

================================================== ====

Onto the other series, I found Stardust Memory torturing to watch to some degree, mostly attributed to Kou Uraki's lack of ability and motivation and also the confusion with Nina Purpleton. I love the GP Series and the titular Anavel Gato though.

For 0080 War in the Pocket, it was a fun mini-series, slightly boring though but at least it made me more bias towards the Zeon cause. The last battle was memorable in its own ways.

As for 08th MS Team. I love it. I like the gritty and pseudo-realistic setting but it was Shiro and Aina which stole the show for me. Finally, an actual decent romance in the Gundam series.

For the life of me, I love UC units, but I can only watch CCA and Unicorn. The rest was so boring, I had to watch GuttedWrenStudios' parody of 0079 instead of the real show. Zeta was dropped due to Kamille and ZZ's wacky setting was just a big NO. Didn't give a chance to Turn A, Victory, Crossbone, F91, G Gundam either.

Seed was fun as it was filled with pretty characters, Gundams and songs but Destiny was torturous. Their mass-production Destroy Gundams were hilarious though. Stargazer easily made it into one of my favourites as it was a different approach to the Gundam universe. I would actually like to see a fleet of command ships and an array of specialized Gundams designed for space epxloration.

00 was great as I like the concept of armed intervention but the trailblazer movie was just bullshit in my humble opinion. My biggest beef was with the aliens shenanigans.

AGE was actually not bad for me, especially involving genocidal grandpa. I found Kio's behavior very annoying in the end as it just didn't fit the war.

The current Build Fighter exceeded my expectations as it didn't feel downright childish and was actually fun and engaging to watch. The one with Beginning was decent too, but marred by the ugliness of the main suit.

I've come to realise that if I wanted a mecha show, Five Star Stories would be better
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 22:54   Link #451
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

With 0083, Kou actually does develop okay in terms of skill and such.

We see him start out as a pretty average test pilot and, as Gato described him, "a cog in a war machine", since he was just a soldier who followed orders with no ideals of his own. As the series goes on, there is a definite improvement in his piloting skills, like with how he stalemates Gato at Konpeitoh and being able to use the GP03 as he did without any prior training (Nina mentions, and he notices, how it's completely different from the GP01Fb).

And while he was someone who straight out followed orders, as the series goes on, you do see him start to go on his own more often, even to the point of disobeying orders, the complete opposite of how he was.

But as mentioned, the whole thing with Nina was "meh".

With Wing, SEED, SEED Destiny, and latter 00 (the first Season wasn't bad), all I mostly liked were some MS/MA designs and the music.

The first 2/3 of AGE weren't bad, but Kio's Arc just sucked it down the drain.

I do agree on Gundam Build Fighters. I was watching initially just to see various "MS Battles" (even if they wouldn't be "realistic"), but it's actually getting more interesting. I also love all the MSG reference lines with "Mr. Ral". XD
Old 2013-11-04, 17:31   Link #452
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelis View Post
For the life of me, I love UC units, but I can only watch CCA and Unicorn. The rest was so boring, I had to watch GuttedWrenStudios' parody of 0079 instead of the real show. Zeta was dropped due to Kamille and ZZ's wacky setting was just a big NO. Didn't give a chance to Turn A, Victory, Crossbone, F91, G Gundam either.
Give Turn-A a shot. It actually has an interesting story with unusual setting for a Gundam series. And the mustached Gundam is kinda cool.

Victory & G Gundam are actually pretty entertaining if you're in the mood for some whacky shows .

Gundam F91 has decent story & action actually. It's just a bit rushed coz it's originally aimed for a series.

Just like F91, Crossbone mangas has decent story and character (it continues where F91 left off). Still, the artworks might turn you off.

As for the original MS Gundam, well, if you can stomach the old super-robot shows from 70s & 80s, you'll be fine with it. Sure, many elements of it are boring by today's standards, but the show was one of the pioneer of real-robot genre which I really appreciate. It's just like how many horror-fans of the recent generation (who's already desensitized of plot twists) was bored to death when they watch the original Halloween or Hitchcock's Psycho despite their well-earned classic status.

Regarding Zeta, I have no defense for Camille, but I can say this: he may be a dick in the beginning, but his character grew to tolerable and even likeable in the climax of the show (I assure you that he is not as bad as Shinn Asuka despite the effort of Destiny-writers to insert Camille's quirks into Shinn.).

Lastly, yeah, ZZ was a turn off for fans who expect a sequel to the grim-dark Zeta. They get a literal joke series instead . All in all, you need to adjust (read: lower) your expectation in order to enjoy ZZ.
Old 2013-11-04, 21:57   Link #453
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Lastly, yeah, ZZ was a turn off for fans who expect a sequel to the grim-dark Zeta. They get a literal joke series instead . All in all, you need to adjust (read: lower) your expectation in order to enjoy ZZ.
Luckily, it only applies to about the first half the series really. The second half gets more serious though.
Old 2013-11-05, 00:33   Link #454
Lelouch24

It's really a tossup between 08th MS Team, 00, Seed (the first one, Destiny was crap), or Unicorn.
Lelouch24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 01:11   Link #455
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Luckily, it only applies to about the first half the series really. The second half gets more serious though.
True, but my point still stands: you need to adjust your expectation to enjoy ZZ, especially for those who like Zeta and want to see how the story continues in ZZ .
Old 2013-11-05, 01:22   Link #456
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
True, but my point still stands: you need to adjust your expectation to enjoy ZZ, especially for those who like Zeta and want to see how the story continues in ZZ .
i actually watch ZZ just to kill the time spending the rest of my long holiday after i spent all my money with my friends going everywhere everytime in the begining of holiday

i enjoy ZZ first half which is funny (die hard serious-uc fans wont like this), and the second half is more serious, and beecha just become one of my fav chara. i like douchebag who eventually grow up into proper adult like him
Old 2013-11-05, 01:33   Link #457
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
i actually watch ZZ just to kill the time spending the rest of my long holiday after i spent all my money with my friends going everywhere everytime in the begining of holiday
Yup. That would be a proper state-of-mind to enjoy ZZ .
Old 2013-11-05, 05:29   Link #458
hamazura
whatever

i've finished victory. the remaining gundam series are X and G
i watched G for a few episodes and i dont like that kid fighting show (age is better... really)
i watched X 3 episode and just... i just dont like the character somehow...
please convince me why i should watch X?
Old 2013-11-05, 06:58   Link #459
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
i watched X 3 episode and just... i just dont like the character somehow...
please convince me why i should watch X?
Twin Satellite Canon + Jamil in X Divider + Tifa
Old 2013-11-05, 17:23   Link #460
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Twin Satellite Canon + Jamil in X Divider + Tifa
the story line isn't bad, it just takes some 5-7 episode to get going. it pretty good once the first big enemy appears. X is one of my top 3 gundam shows