AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-18, 13:32   Link #41
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Spoiler for manga:

Anyways, somehow I have a feeling that GONZO won't screw this up. Maybe it's because of the staff, that seems very promising, and even though they may "change" a few things (I don't really think that Bokurano is about the story, anyways), I think they will succeed transferring the manga feeling to its animated form.

So... April? Sooner than I thought... Now I'm certain that Spring 2007 will be one of the best seasons ever in anime history.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 14:46   Link #42
Rion
Ramune~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie View Post
Anyways, somehow I have a feeling that GONZO won't screw this up.
You cannot believe how glad I would be if they don't. I'd hug and kiss you for that.
But giving Gonzo freedom for the storyline does make me worry - on the other hand, I am very satisfied with what Kitoh said about the 'rules' of the world. (Thanks for the information, Quarkboy ^^)

Quote:
So... April? Sooner than I thought... Now I'm certain that Spring 2007 will be one of the best seasons ever in anime history.
Really? Are Haruhi, Zero no Tsukaima and Emma starting in spring too?

By the way, do we already know how long Bokurano is going to be?
Rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 15:24   Link #43
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rion View Post
By the way, do we already know how long Bokurano is going to be?
Nothing yet, but knowing Gonzo, the safe bet is it's a 24-26 episodes series.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 00:32   Link #44
Diedrupo

Kitoh gave Gonzo complete freedom? Ugh, it looks like they will just completely rewrite Bokurano all together if I had to guess...

At the very best case scenario, they would keep the story intact and just cut stuff out here and there or add new stuff in here and there (like they did with Gantz). But who knows.

All I know is that Bokurano wouldn't be Bokurano without it's premise.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 13:54   Link #45
7Th
Mixtape

As much as I dislike Gonzo, I still have hopes for Bokurano since the staff is absolutely loveable, hopefully this ends up like Gankutsuou: more a director's pet-project than a usual production from the studio. I also have the same weird faith in Romeo X Juliet, .
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 20:22   Link #46
7Th
Mixtape

Bah, there's a new teaser that actually doesn't shows anything. At least the mood of the little video and the fact that Zearth's newly added to the website designs places emphasis on its face's lights makes me hopeful of them killing the children.

Also: ZEARTH IS 2D!
Old 2007-03-02, 22:58   Link #47
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Well, I guess I am just about the only insane person who actually enjoys some of the recent fare that Gonzo churns out. For example, Red Garden is one of the my favorite series but I doubt that they will really do too much to the main story gist.

Here's to praying and here's to thinking that it will be a big hit. I think the anime bloggers will also be picking this up due to the deep themes. I know I will
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 00:01   Link #48
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impz View Post
Well, I guess I am just about the only insane person who actually enjoys some of the recent fare that Gonzo churns out. For example, Red Garden is one of the my favorite series but I doubt that they will really do too much to the main story gist.

Here's to praying and here's to thinking that it will be a big hit. I think the anime bloggers will also be picking this up due to the deep themes. I know I will
Yeah, but Red Garden was their only good series since Gankutsuou... and that's pretty much all the worthy output they have.
Old 2007-03-03, 10:50   Link #49
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Yeah, but Red Garden was their only good series since Gankutsuou... and that's pretty much all the worthy output they have.
Ya, It seems Red Garden is not even really popular due to the ...ermm noses.

Heh, still, the plot is going to be fricking crazy if they follow the good manga adaptation way. You never know. you never know.
Old 2007-03-03, 10:55   Link #50
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impz View Post
Ya, It seems Red Garden is not even really popular due to the ...ermm noses.

Heh, still, the plot is going to be fricking crazy if they follow the good manga adaptation way. You never know. you never know.
I actually really like Red Garden's original designs and how they manage them in those episodes with some actual animation. Sad thing for the overall non-movement and inconsistent drawings we're subject in most of the episodes. It's still a damn good show and probably mi favorite of the ones currently airing.
Old 2007-03-03, 12:52   Link #51
piccu

This THE anime of the year 2007. Seriously, the manga is a masterpiece and I hope that GONZO won't screw up this. (Well, they did screw up Black Cat and Welcome to the NHK)
I think that Bokurano is the best manga I've ever read... Mohiro Kito is just a genius.
piccu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 13:29   Link #52
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Judging from the trailer, there's a high probability that they won't screw it up. Beethoven's Moonlight, and an 'atmosphere' of a psychological thriller which shows that GONZO is concentrating on the right part and not on the mecha action.
Old 2007-03-03, 13:31   Link #53
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Quote:
Judging from the trailer, there's a high probability that they won't screw it up. Beethoven's Moonlight, and an 'atmosphere' of a psychological thriller which shows that GONZO is concentrating on the right part and not on the mecha action.
yep, that will also make for great discussion, which is probably something that will be a good story topic for many. Man, can't we fast forward time for once?

GONZO actually do not screw up too badly when they try to follow to the manga. It's only the crazy adding and graphical inconsistency that hurts them a lot. I am actually hoping for the best since I am keen on the two productions by Gonzo for spring.

This and of course Romeo x Juliet!
Old 2007-03-04, 03:02   Link #54
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Well, I think it's almost certain that they will add things to the story, because the 39 chapters that the manga has so far are most probably not enough. I don't really care about the main story that much, as I care about the character's stories and their psychological analysis, which was the greatest thing in the manga, IMO. And the staff gives me hope that they'll be able to transfer the spirit of the manga successfully.
Old 2007-03-04, 07:07   Link #55
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Quote:
don't really care about the main story that much, as I care about the character's stories and their psychological analysis, which was the greatest thing in the manga, IMO.

I agree. That's the reason why I'm a fan of Kitoh's manga in the first place. The only thing I'm really worried about is Gonzo "dumbing it down", but I suppose that's silly since Gonzo have animated a few semi 'controversial' series.
Old 2007-03-22, 12:07   Link #56
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Well, I'm looking forward to seeing this. Of course I'll be horrified, because again this is a 'Kitoh' story. So expect the angst. If 'Narutaru' wasn't enough. But again I was curious to know if he was doing anything new. So I guess this is what he was working on when I last finished up the 'Narutaru' anime and read some of the manga. So now he's got another story being animated. Wouldn't have expected 'Gonzo' to have their hands on it. But I guess if they need CG, then I guess they qualify.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 20:19   Link #57
Diedrupo

I think Gonzo's mishandling of Gantz showed us that they're incapable of producing original content to an anime based on a manga when necessary (Gantz's last storyline was made up by Gonzo and it completely ruined the otherwise decent series). Likely they had finished the anime before the most recent storylines in Bokurano
Spoiler:
so whatever they come up with for those kids and the others will probably be really lame.

But you never know, maybe they will finally prove us wrong with this manga adaption.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 09:54   Link #58
Rikichi

New trailer:

http://bokurano.jp/movie.html#

Rly AWESOME!
Old 2007-03-26, 10:24   Link #59
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikichi View Post
New trailer:

http://bokurano.jp/movie.html#

Rly AWESOME!
Animation at last! Looks decent, nothing too amazing in terms of animation although it is much better than the average Gonzo series, I've been spoiled by Gurren Lagann's and Dennou Coil's trailers, but perfectly mantains the mood from the manga and shows scenes from fairly advanced episodes. You have my trust, Morita!
Old 2007-03-26, 12:17   Link #60
wao
OK.

Some of the animation looks bleh, but the rest looks awesome - and in fact totally higher than what I'd expect from a Gonzo series. I say it's Morita and Konishi's involvement, I'm sure they must have gotten a few of the good folks around. How long for, I don't know - but it's not just the animation that was impressive, it wouldn't have worked as well with the excellent integration of various elements. Such as how the animated characters fit with the (very nicely done) backgrounds, the composition of the frames, the interaction of light and shadow and all that stuff.

The editing of the video seemed pretty good to me too. Also, I kind of liked that OP song by Chiaki Ishikawa.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to see how the various characters are portrayed and how they interact. If it's like a super-good serious and terribly scary plus better animated version of Uninhabited Planet Survive I'd be happy enough.

Tags
drama, mecha