3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.35%
Voters: 289. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-30, 22:48   Link #841
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

On a quick side note, I'm right now holding a cold-and-humorless grin at how clever Sunrise is at, yet again, conveying thir political sentiments with well disguised anime characters.

For those who think the studio was not making jabbed commentaries at the China/Tibet situation, pay VERY close attention to the dialogue of R2 Episode 11.

Chinese Eunuch:
Tianzi is a puppet, easily replaced. WE say who is the Child of Heaven.

The word Tianzi in Chinese literally means "Child of Heaven." Implying that Emperors and Empresses are appointed by heaven.

Coincidentally, the Dhalai Lama of each generation is appointed at the death-bed of each previous Dhalai Lama: A newborn baby boy selected by the man himself. Appointed by Heaven Itself also, as it were.

This implies that poor Tenzi-chan, like the current official Chinese government appointed Dhalai Lama is merely a puppet picked at random. A VERY well concealed but clear jab at what Sunrise thinks of the tyranny of the current Chinses Regime in Tibet.

Bravo Sunrise, you have done it again.
Old 2008-07-30, 22:53   Link #842
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist

Wow lol I'm speechless.

EDIT: One question when did you notice this
Old 2008-07-30, 22:56   Link #843
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyswan View Post
Wow lol I'm speechless.

EDIT: One question when did you notice this
Sipping my diet chocolate milkshake while re-watching that Episode 3 weeks later.

Yes, I'm slow on the immediate uptake.
Old 2008-07-30, 22:58   Link #844
UFO888
CC The Moe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
On a quick side note, I'm right now holding a cold-and-humorless grin at how clever Sunrise is at, yet again, conveying thir political sentiments with well disguised anime characters.

For those who think the studio was not making jabbed commentaries at the China/Tibet situation, pay VERY close attention to the dialogue of R2 Episode 11.

Chinese Eunuch:
Tianzi is a puppet, easily replaced. WE say who is the Child of Heaven.

The word Tianzi in Chinese literally means "Child of Heaven." Implying that Emperors and Empresses are appointed by heaven.

Coincidentally, the Dhalai Lama of each generation is appointed at the death-bed of each previous Dhalai Lama: A newborn baby boy selected by the man himself. Appointed by Heaven Itself also, as it were.

This implies that poor Tenzi-chan, like the current official Chinese government appointed Dhalai Lama is merely a puppet picked at random. A VERY well concealed but clear jab at what Sunrise thinks of the tyranny of the current Chinses Regime.

Bravo Sunrise, you have done it again.
Never did I like the communist, especially china. But I do not think sunrise really intents to mock them off. Putting a puppet goverment and the villain admits it is not that rare in anime.
Old 2008-07-30, 23:02   Link #845
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO888 View Post
Never did I like the communist, especially china. But I do not think sunrise really intents to mock them off. Putting a puppet goverment and the villain admits it is not that rare in anime.
But selecting who the Child of Heaven is for arbitrary political purposes is precisely what those scum-sucking athiest pigs did in Tibet.
Old 2008-07-30, 23:14   Link #846
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Sorry wait your saying that the current Dala Lamai was appointed by the Chinese?
Old 2008-07-30, 23:15   Link #847
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Sorry wait your saying that the current Dala Lamai was appointed by the Chinese?
The "official" one, at any rate, when he was still a baby, just like poor Tenzi-chan.

And then conveniently raised with Chinese-Government indoctrinations before being sent to strangle Tibet in the name of the teachings of that athiest German pig Karl Marx.
Old 2008-07-30, 23:19   Link #848
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Sorry maybe I'm tired or something but I'm pretty sure he was found in a "search for the reincarnation" by monks at a young age and it wasn't chinese officials who appointed him in the first place (or at all). I mean I'm pretty sure China was a lot busier doing other more important things.
Old 2008-07-30, 23:20   Link #849
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Sorry maybe I'm tired or something but I'm pretty sure he was found in a "search for the reincarnation" by monks at a young age and it wasn't chinese officials who appointed him in the first place (or at all).
That was how it was done throught the previous centuries, until Communist China came along.
Old 2008-07-30, 23:25   Link #850
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
That was how it was done throught the previous centuries, until Communist China came along.
I'm going to get shot for this off-topicness.

Tenzi was born in 1935 and was found two years later before being appointed as the new Dala Lama.

China and Japan were at war starting 1937 and ended in 1947 with the civil war ending in 1949 so I just don't see how China would have any interest in Tibet within that time frame let alone Mao taking control of China in 1949ish.

I think your thinking too hard into this.

Hmmm some on-topic.

Given the way the Chinese are dressed and their hair, I'm assuming the northern tribes(manchu and mongolian) never successfully conquered China which would indicate that the Dala Lamai never came into existence in Code Geass.
Old 2008-07-31, 00:18   Link #851
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I did get around to looking at this episode after all.

So let’s see, Suzaku wants to free his people from Britannia, yet is trying to arrest the person about to do just that AND is willing to kill a tremendous number of them if ordered to by the people he’s trying to free them from. That’s not even hypocrisy, that’s borderline schizophrenia.
Old 2008-07-31, 00:28   Link #852
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

I'm sure when that fireball lights up the city some of the mental blocks keeping him from realizing his own stupidity should fall apart.
Old 2008-07-31, 00:42   Link #853
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Or he'll just blame Zero again.
Old 2008-07-31, 00:49   Link #854
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

If he does, Kallen had better kill him, cause redemption would be out of the question.
Old 2008-07-31, 01:23   Link #855
Sotobrastos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post

So let’s see, Suzaku wants to free his people from Britannia, yet is trying to arrest the person about to do just that AND is willing to kill a tremendous number of them if ordered to by the people he’s trying to free them from. That’s not even hypocrisy, that’s borderline schizophrenia.
It's more like he's locked in to this road and can't see a way out of it, without admitting that all he has had to do, along with everything he lost for his goal of 'liberating' Japan, was for nothing in the end.

Not to mention that he certainly feels loyalty for Britannia at this point, and he has people he likes (Gino, Anya, Lloyd/Cecile... uh... and...) that he can't bring himself to betray at this point.
Old 2008-07-31, 01:32   Link #856
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:

Then good thing none of that lines up at all or he'd be in real trouble . Trying to improve things from within is far from trying to free the people from Britannia. Not to mention didn't see anything that said he was willing to annihilate some people with that weapon or even fire the bloody thing. Though of course big weapons like that never just get brought up and then shelved for the rest of the series. Somehow that stupid thing is going to go off which is going to be sad to see.

Just curious to see how the thing ends up going off. Since just being ordered to and then firing it seems out of the question. Remote detonation? Some sort of live geass situation? Then comes down to the aftermath. I'd seriously expect plenty of self blame for the thing going off. Putting it on Lelouch would seem out there even if the live geass is connected. Since the weapon was made by Nina and putting it on the Lancelot was probably forced through by Schneizel.

Just feel for those who are going to get caught up in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotobrastos View Post
It's more like he's locked in to this road and can't see a way out of it, without admitting that all he has had to do, along with everything he lost for his goal of 'liberating' Japan, was for nothing in the end.

Not to mention that he certainly feels loyalty for Britannia at this point, and he has people he likes (Gino, Anya, Lloyd/Cecile... uh... and...) that he can't bring himself to betray at this point.
Really is kind of stuck on this path. The only other one is with Zero who he really doesn't like right now. Even if he wanted to go another way he's got limited options. Definitely doubting the decision he made, but all he can do right now is doubt. I think you pretty much covered the people he likes on the Britannian side other than the classmates he got along with. After Japan has been liberated it really will make the point that the path he took didn't work out. Reconquering it just to put in the Knight of One plan would be silly. But really have to think the main thing will be surrounding the aftermath of what is to come.

Should be interesting at least.
Old 2008-07-31, 02:59   Link #857
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

Lelouch has sacrificed other "liberators" too. I'll be the first to say thaat Suzaku's hopes in the system are ill placed, but that's not necessarily hypocrisy. Just badly done long-term thinking.

Has the hypothesis that Charles didn't return been raised? Maybe the TV guy is an impersonator. Or Charles has a TV studio in the Sword and means to communicate with the Real World.
Old 2008-07-31, 03:26   Link #858
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, major props to anyone who can correctly impersonate a man such as himself.
Old 2008-07-31, 08:03   Link #859
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Time for a serious ugly moderator announcement:

It seems there is a very recurrant and rampant trend for spoilers in Code Geass sub-forum. And obviously, we are not happy with that.
It has been repeated numerous times (along with the usual spoilers guidelines in each thread) that spoilers should NOT be posted in any circumstance outside of the Spoiler thread. Nevertheless, many people still discuss and rave about these without any control.

Therefore, we dediced to close this thread, creating a new one, with a very special clause for the whole sub-forum of Code Geass:

Anyone who posts spoilers that should not be posted outside of the spoiler thread will be granted a very special 1 day ban infraction.
Any repeated case will grant the usual "spoiler infraction" which will result into the 3 days ban.