AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-04-03, 12:43   Link #7821
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

If you want to push the issue "Chrono" is another name taken from miths. Hades Vandin doesn't look any better to me just because of it.
Old 2013-04-03, 12:44   Link #7822
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I'm curious then... who you think have the strongest reheneration/endurance powers between the Huckebein, the half-powered Wolkenritter (StrikerS) and the full-powered Wolkenritter (A's)?

it's all matter of interpretation but i want to hear your answers i'm still going with the Hucks having betters survivality than the half-powered Wolks (if Veyron being roughly the "Zafira" of the team can take that much punishment i can only imagine what top tier juggernauts like Curren and Cypha can withstand). The full-powered Wolks have a free pass because they were essentially immortal being able to regenerate to top condition from virtually any kind of fatal injury... i still wonder if said respawn-like regeneration would have worked against Eclipse, though.
1. Full-powered Wolks. They literally can't die with their self-repair programs, and even if you somehow take them down the master can just summon them over and over again.

2. Incredibly hard to kill, but go for the head and assuming you can get to it, they can be killed.

3. Half-powered Wolks. Still leagues tougher than normal humans (see Vita above) but no insta-regen anymore. Also no more revivals.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 13:07   Link #7823
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well in canon they have never address what “being more human” means for the Wolkenritter and we have never establish how they operate with the Book as programs, at least not in detail, so there is too much room for interpretation there. As a matter of fact we can’t even be sure of what they are. I mean program, yes, but what that means? Is too open.

But with the Hückebein is a little different. They say the Eclipse Driver has regenerations abilities however this seems to be something like Wolverine’s level, so they might be able to generate the brain. Making them almost imortals.
Old 2013-04-03, 13:21   Link #7824
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Except we've seen Eclipse infected go splat and not get up from headwounds.
Old 2013-04-03, 13:37   Link #7825
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

We haven’t but I am willing to give them that seeing how Veyron can grow another heart. You already show them growing limps and internal organs so really, how is a brain injury any different to heal?
Old 2013-04-03, 13:44   Link #7826
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Common regenerator trope.

Kill the brain, kill the body.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 13:46   Link #7827
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
We haven’t but I am willing to give them that seeing how Veyron can grow another heart. You already show them growing limps and internal organs so really, how is a brain injury any different to heal?
Plus, there's also "levels" of infection. Dego and Marty probably got infected with an easier to control but weaker vial of the EC Virus than the ones used on the Hucks, the same can go for the Grendels who seem to be noticeably weaker than the Huckebein family members (by the looks of it, it seems Cypha alone could slaughter all four of them).

The replica dividers wielded by Dego and Marty also looked pretty weak compared with how much power and tenacity the ones used by the Hucks had displayed.

We had Dego con got an arm ripped and it didn't grew back like Cypha's so that could suguest his regenerative powers weren't as good as the originals, also rember Veyron did the same to Hardis (grabing his head with his Claw Grab then blast it pointblank) and he barely managed to mess up his hair xDU

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 13:53   Link #7828
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Old 2013-04-03, 13:54   Link #7829
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Common regenerator trope.

Kill the brain, kill the body.
Wolverine doesn't follow that trope. Also vampires can't get around it so maybe the Hucks can. I won't be surprise if that is the case.
Old 2013-04-03, 13:58   Link #7830
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Simply put, take their brains out while they are incapacitated from a headshot.
Old 2013-04-03, 14:53   Link #7831
Justin_Brett

Again I have to wonder how the heroes are supposed to win if the bad guys are this ridiculous.

Why not just have 5 unison with him to save his life instead of just going "nah, he'll be fine."? Curren didn't even look concerned when she heard about it.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 15:00   Link #7832
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Yup, that was the first clue Veyron's injuries are not that serious. The moment Curren gets nervous is when i'll acknowledge they're facing a real danger xD

But well, maybe they're immortal but they can be disable with enough painfull injuries, so Hardis finally show Section Six how it's done. It's time for Nanoha and the other to stop playing safe and get their hands dirty for once xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-04-03, 15:02   Link #7833
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

To be fair it was Veyron, so do you really care that much?

Now to be serious I agree with you there. This villain are ridiculously powerful. Magic doesn’t hurt them thanks to their Dividers and physical attacks can’t hurt them because of their infected bodies. Now all of this could be actually fair when we seem to believe they were driven crazy by the Eclipse making them dangerous but also animal, acting on instinct and killing. However the Hückebein have complete rational behavior (Crazy and stupid not being consider here), immunity to any form of attack and are able to handle the heroes with so efficiency that is ridiculous how they don’t take advantage of it.

I mean Curren alone can beat the entire Section Six without any of them being able to land a single effective hit on her. This is the complete opposite of StrikerS, where the heroes handle the enemy forces with such efficiency that their scenes were boring. The feeling here is wrong for similar reasons. We make this people to be such a treat to our heroes and yet the villains are so clumsy and awkward that they aren’t able to take advantage of their victories and our heroes end up looking like morons because they get beat for this guys.
Old 2013-04-04, 01:42   Link #7834
Kurohane

^ The Huckbein don't want to fight SS6 in the first place. Why take advantage of weaknesses of people they don't want to be involved with? Also, the heart wound does appear to be serious, and the Eslipse dosn't seem able to grow an internal organ. It makes sense as organs are mor important the limbs, and the fact the whole heart was taken away. If a part of it remained, it would be a different story. Anyway, any info on what SS6 plans to do with Hardin now that he's shown he's infected?

Allso about headshots working, Anderson from Hellsing disagrees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
BTW, can someone give me an image of Curren's new look?
I'd like an image as well, please.

By the way 00-Raiser, was your birthday recent? I noticed your age incremented by one in your description.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2013-04-04 at 20:18.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 01:57   Link #7835
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

*Nostalgia Critic's voice*

OR DO THEY?

Something bugs me about Curren being all cool after discovering Hardis is probably more powerful than her, having yet another encounter with Section Six and having Veyron suffering from a ripped heart. She seems just so calm as if she knows she still have the upper hand or as if everything is going accoding to her plan. Maybe she's planning to put a Xanatos Gambit on Hardis?

A very shocking plot twist would be to reveal Curren and Hardis are still working togheter and this assault on him was all a russ to further play with Hayate and her unit's minds xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-04-04, 02:07   Link #7836
Kurohane

^ Considering Vardis offered Curren some sort of deal or partnership, when they were about to leave when SS6 was about to be on them, and in response she pointed her sword at him, I doubt that considerably.
Old 2013-04-04, 02:10   Link #7837
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Heh, still kind of unsettled by Curren's cheery attitude even in spite of all the recent events xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-04-04, 02:39   Link #7838
Justin_Brett

Can't have something genuinely bad happen to the Hucks, after all.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 04:19   Link #7839
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Or she just has a good pokerface.
Old 2013-04-04, 11:25   Link #7840
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well let’s consider Hades already told us the Hückebein aren’t evil, they just want everyone to think they are. Because… they are idiots like that. And the Hückebein have been doing a great job of messing around with people they don’t want to fight to the point that they are being target as well. Now, and I am not sure here, I think they start to think Vandin was up to something when Thoma mentions them about the destruction of his town 7 years ago. I mean Veyron says he never attacked a mining town and that the “gun-blade and book duo” could only be himself and Curren. However at no point we even establish the Hückebein working for Vandin in the first place, so this thing of then being betray is odd if is true Hades offers them a job later on. I’m so confuse and I have the feeling is because I am trying to make some sense out of this.

Tags
manga, nanoha force