AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-09-29, 20:48   Link #3061
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

And now for something random.

Spoiler for The perfect Miki replacement for the Hina bath scene in 242!!:

Kay, nighty night~
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 20:52   Link #3062
Used Can

Ooooh Yeah!

Anyway, I've been wondering, has there ever been a Hokuto no Ken reference in this manga? I have quite a bad memory; so, I wouldn't be able to remember.

I bet primuler liked the pic in Hata's weblog.
Old 2009-09-30, 02:09   Link #3063
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Just read chapter 242. Seems Nagi wouldn't ask Hayate about what's on his mind and would prefer if Hayate told them willingly by himself. I think I might have mistranslated when Machina talked to Athena. Apparently the Chinese scanlation translated it as his move (ultimate attack?) instead of power.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 02:41   Link #3064
Mentar
Banned

I'm very pleased with 242, in particularly Hina's aftermath. Being strong and encouraging Hayate to move ahead was very Hina-typical, but it would have bothered me if she could have just moved on just like this. However, I haven't ever seen her as sorrowful as on page 7, and her tears on page 8 showed that this blow didn't pass her by without repercussions.

Aah, Miki. More and more she reminds me of Shirai Kuroko, the way she was grappling for Hina's goods. Nevertheless, she's a good friend and her advice is essentially sound. Help distract our pink goddess, willya?

Nagi scores bigtime with me here. What she's doing is much more mature and kind than what I would have expected from her. I guess that maybe Hata is beginning to make her grow up, gradually. It would be a good idea.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 06:00   Link #3065
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

Ah, the triumphant return of Demon-Eyes Hayate!

If Athena didn't open the doors, I think Machina would have gotten his ass handed to him. Now I can't wait to see what it is that Hayate and Athena talk about. I think that Athena noticed that Hayate reacted strongly when Machina tried to take the gem so she probably knows that asking for it would be a bad idea.

I also like Nagi's development there. I've been saying for some time that her part in the manga is basically to grow up and learn to be a responsible adult, and it's Hayate's job to help her get there. That's why I don't think there will ever be a romantic end between them, when you've basically raised somebody they always look like they used to no matter how far a time skip you have.

As for Hina, I hope that she figures out what it is she wants to do. I'm sure that talking to Ayumu would help you at least a little, but she definitely needs some time to think and clear her head. Can't wait to see how she copes with it in the next chapter!
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 06:34   Link #3066
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I'm very pleased with 242, in particularly Hina's aftermath. Being strong and encouraging Hayate to move ahead was very Hina-typical, but it would have bothered me if she could have just moved on just like this. However, I haven't ever seen her as sorrowful as on page 7, and her tears on page 8 showed that this blow didn't pass her by without repercussions.

Aah, Miki. More and more she reminds me of Shirai Kuroko, the way she was grappling for Hina's goods. Nevertheless, she's a good friend and her advice is essentially sound. Help distract our pink goddess, willya?

Nagi scores bigtime with me here. What she's doing is much more mature and kind than what I would have expected from her. I guess that maybe Hata is beginning to make her grow up, gradually. It would be a good idea.

Your example of Miki is very much DO WANT! I love Mikoto x Kuroko! Too bad that Kuro is going to get burned down in the end (not literally ofc) :[

Ah, well, that's how the story goes...

I don't like how the new Nagi is acting. I think she's pushing herself, and is acting in the best interest of Hayate. I think that whatever he tells her, she will accept in the end.. and that's not good!

Well, to each their own...

Anyway, Teleutao: Nagi doesn't really need to grow up IMHO. When you're that rich.... take yer time. "Demon-Eyes" Hayate Yeah, he looks like he's about to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and he's all out of gum.

I don't know what would be best in this situation.

1) Telling Ayumu?
2) Waiting for Hayate to confirm things with Athena?
3) Asking him when he comes back to tell her on his own (basically bluntly rejecting her)?

Which.. hmm...

Well, Ayumu is going to get hurt. She's the type who says it's "ok" to just watch from afar, or keep on trying, but that's a lie. If she learns that she doesn't even have a chance at that....

Ouch....
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 07:12   Link #3067
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

This chapter reminds me why the trio needs to stop being the trio all the time. When they're together, they make for a good laugh, but individually (mostly Izumi and Miki), they can help move along the plot while providing just as much as a laugh.

So I vote for more Risa time. She's the only one who doesn't really get any camera time away from the other two.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 07:15   Link #3068
Opace
~Lies evolves into Truth~

Send a message via MSN to Opace
I just read the new chapter, and it was absolutely fantastic. Although it did end us with another cliffhanger on the Hayate side of things (must be killing you fans who dislike this arc), it did clarify some things with Hinagiku, Miki, (a bit of..) Ayumu and Nagi. I really can't wait for next week, I hope it'll be a full out Hayate talking with Athena, emotions running amock. I will love the drama.

Oh and by the way, I couldn't really translate the important Japanese part of the raw I was reading when it got to the middle of the bit about Nagi as my Japanese is still quite shaky. Could someone just do a quick summary of that Nagi scene for me in 242? Just a sentence or two would do, cheers. I think I got the general idea though.
Opace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 07:22   Link #3069
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

wait where r u all reading this? is it out already? (translated)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 07:25   Link #3070
IndoViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opace View Post
I just read the new chapter, and it was absolutely fantastic. Although it did end us with another cliffhanger on the Hayate side of things (must be killing you fans who dislike this arc), it did clarify some things with Hinagiku, Miki, (a bit of..) Ayumu and Nagi. I really can't wait for next week, I hope it'll be a full out Hayate talking with Athena, emotions running amock. I will love the drama.

Oh and by the way, I couldn't really translate the important Japanese part of the raw I was reading when it got to the middle of the bit about Nagi as my Japanese is still quite shaky. Could someone just do a quick summary of that Nagi scene for me in 242? Just a sentence or two would do, cheers. I think I got the general idea though.
You mean the pages with maria? Maria said that hayate looked gloomy ever since they came there. Nagi said hayate must have a lot of things going on, and then she also tell maria not to ask hayate about it yet, untl he said it himself.

EDIT : Not yet game8910, it's still the raw only...
Old 2009-09-30, 07:37   Link #3071
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

hmmmm im also waiting on spoilers for 243 lol
Old 2009-09-30, 08:11   Link #3072
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

243 spoilers won't come out for a good few days.

242 was just serialized.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 08:14   Link #3073
Opace
~Lies evolves into Truth~

Send a message via MSN to Opace
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoViking View Post
You mean the pages with maria? Maria said that hayate looked gloomy ever since they came there. Nagi said hayate must have a lot of things going on, and then she also tell maria not to ask hayate about it yet, untl he said it himself.

EDIT : Not yet game8910, it's still the raw only...
Thank you very much for the summary. I knew Nagi and Maria were talking something about hearing it from Hayate himself, just not sure about what though.

On a slightly unrelated note, I like the grand doors opening and light-beams coming out; it gives a slight foreshadowing on what is about to happen.
Opace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 09:57   Link #3074
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Hopefully Hayate and Athena will have a decent conversion without any interruption in the next chapter. The most crucial moment of the entire arc...stay toon for the next episode of DBZ chapter of HnG.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 10:06   Link #3075
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

yes there has been enough delays....its time for the REAL meeting
Old 2009-09-30, 10:20   Link #3076
Used Can

Man... were Maria's boobs always this big? There I was reading this chapter, when I reached the page with Maria and Nagi and saw the first panel. My instant reaction was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
I don't like how the new Nagi is acting. I think she's pushing herself, and is acting in the best interest of Hayate. I think that whatever he tells her, she will accept in the end.. and that's not good!
I don't think he'll tell her anything that will make her sad. After all, Nagi's well-being is still one of Hayate's main concerns, as displayed in his reaction when Machina tried to steal that gem.

Anyway, her decision was a good one. Maria already tried asking him about the subject, and he basically refused to say anything. So, waiting for him to speak out of his own volition is indeed the best idea. Well, Hina already made him speak, though.
Old 2009-09-30, 10:45   Link #3077
tsunade666

@ Usedcan - you notice the size.... nice, Great,,,, I didn't notice at all after looking at it and comparing it to others............. it just show she is also in a growing stage...... but fast.... way fast.

As for hina if you compare it..... their isn't a hint of growth for the past months in the real time in the manga. But Nagi is really becoming mature. If this continuous he wouldn't need hayate anymore. And it will open for a new ending. Because if nagi didn't show any maturity as the manga goes on. The ending will become pretty clear.

OOOOOH! the bathe scene. I just love miki. GOOOO! GRAB IT! if theirs something to grab.............. I feel the thousand stare of people around the world
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 10:45   Link #3078
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Nagi's actions in these last few chapters are really getting on me, much more so than Hina's behavior.

In the next 10 chapters or so, Nagi may finally participates in the competition.
Old 2009-09-30, 10:57   Link #3079
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

i cant help but think that at the end nothing important will happen (in hayate's position in the world lol, meaning he will stay nagi's butler) sice its not like hayate would go with athena and leave nagi alone (i think that wouldnt happen, sadly, in my case, but i dont know what else to expect, girls just keep appearing D:, and i this is the first time we see a hayate in love)... this will end like to love ru.. im smelling it.... i hope hina cheers up a little, i dont think is still over for all the other girls that love hayate, since im expecting athena to end up saying that she only wants the rocks now and hiding her feelings and end up escaping or something... if this doent happen, i will love this manga even more
WildArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 11:08   Link #3080
zodanhko
*ignoring*

If the ending is similar to TLR, I'd be darn, its beyond horrendous.

I think all of us are already expected Athena to reject Hayate for the drama but the story won't end there just yet. There is always hope. ^^

Tags
comedy, shounen