AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-23, 00:30   Link #41
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Yep, its a relationship like Flute in school rumble, the chilhood friend and the next door/window girl (reminds me Dawson's Creek ).

@ironbomb: Nishino is there (Nao-chan ), but with black hair.
They look similar but not as similar as the Aya - Yamamoto lol. Also...I think her story is next ^^
Old 2007-11-23, 09:09   Link #42
Fran~
floating away...

yeah yeah... "AyaMoto" are like a clone... Nao is a little bit smaller Nishino's version, but i think she is still adorable and i insist, her brother is UBERHAWT!!! *drools*.
Old 2007-11-23, 09:39   Link #43
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Character design wise, Ayumi == Nishino, you just need to trim Ayumi's hair shorter and voila here you're.

Fran~, it's true that Yamamoto == Aya, again character design wise.
Also i would add that Yamamoto also resembles the grown up version of Misuzu in the final chapter of the manga. Still nothing beats the AyaMoto resemblance while comparing the two mangas.

You change Rika's facial expression and design a bit, you would get Rika == Yui.

Lastly, if you change the hair color, Enomoto sisters == Satsuki.

This is something that you couldn't avoid, i guess. Moreover, mangakas often use similar character designs to appease to fans' expectations at the request of their editors perhaps. Still, we can still find differences in both Kawashita's works. The ultimate prize of uncanny resemblance in character designs of a same mangaka used in different mangas would, in my opinion, always go to Adachi Misturu. Adachi sensei just recycles his characters everytime he starts a new work.

Last edited by GoldAlchemist; 2007-11-23 at 10:07.
Old 2007-11-23, 10:34   Link #44
Fran~
floating away...

Im not saying that its bad ^^, and i totally agree with you about the use of similar character designs in a lot of very recognized mangakas... besides Adachi you can see similar designs in Sadamoto's, OG's, Ai Yazawa's work, and the list is way too long ^^

About the characters of HL: i think Nao chan also resembles Misuzu and Koyoi's attitude reminds
me Satsuki, Yuu is like Chinami and Misao looks like Komiyama... ^^
Old 2007-11-23, 12:29   Link #45
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
anybody read saint seiya, Masami kurumada always use the same protagonist (aka Seiya)
Old 2007-11-23, 13:25   Link #46
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldAlchemist View Post
Character design wise, Ayumi == Nishino, you just need to trim Ayumi's hair shorter and voila here you're.
Design wise.. Ayumi doesnt look similar to Nishino at all...instead looks REALLY similar to Chinami.

Quote:
Fran~, it's true that Yamamoto == Aya, again character design wise.
Also i would add that Yamamoto also resembles the grown up version of Misuzu in the final chapter of the manga. Still nothing beats the AyaMoto resemblance while comparing the two mangas.

You change Rika's facial expression and design a bit, you would get Rika == Yui.
There is no debating that Yamamoto and Aya are exact replicas lol. I dont think her personality really resembles the mature Misuzu, more like the mature Aya herself. Also Rika looking like Yui..I never thought about that..but now that you mention it, they do resemble each other a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldAlchemist;1267323Lastly, if you change the hair color, [b
Enomoto sisters == Satsuki[/b].

This is something that you couldn't avoid, i guess. Moreover, mangakas often use similar character designs to appease to fans' expectations at the request of their editors perhaps. Still, we can still find differences in both Kawashita's works. The ultimate prize of uncanny resemblance in character designs of a same mangaka used in different mangas would, in my opinion, always go to Adachi Misturu. Adachi sensei just recycles his characters everytime he starts a new work.
Totally agreed that the two sisters look similar to Satsuki...Kei more than Yuu...Never read anything by Adachi.. or at least I dont think I have but yea mangakas often reuse characters that where popular... Here's the list of characters I found that look similar...

Arihara Ayumi = Chinami
Bessho Koyoi = Kozue
Zaizu Mamoru = Manaka
Zaizu Misao = Komiyama
Arihara Yuuji = Amachi
Yamamoto Misaki = Aya
Bessho Yoshihiko = Sotomura
Enomoto Kei = Satsuki
Dobashi Rika = Yui
Old 2007-11-24, 21:49   Link #47
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Actually i think all the characters are shadows of one another, design wise. This is very obvious in many mangakas' works.

ironbomb, Mamoru sure looks like Manaka, but this time, it seems that his fate might be reversed.

Anyway for Chapter 9, it's about Meguru and Takei-senpai (武居). Takei is probably the clown of this series, nevertheless the relationship between Meguru and him looks interesting. The story branches out too much, i'm wondering how Kawashita is going to develop it. Hopefully, all's well ends well.

Lastly, mikoo, could you please consider updating your chart? Thanks.
Old 2007-11-25, 00:51   Link #48
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
QFT
its like the guide to understand HL
Old 2007-11-25, 03:32   Link #49
ironbomb

Quote:
Actually i think all the characters are shadows of one another, design wise. This is very obvious in many mangakas' works.

ironbomb, Mamoru sure looks like Manaka, but this time, it seems that his fate might be reversed.

Anyway for Chapter 9, it's about Meguru and Takei-senpai (武居). Takei is probably the clown of this series, nevertheless the relationship between Meguru and him looks interesting. The story branches out too much, i'm wondering how Kawashita is going to develop it. Hopefully, all's well ends well.

Ah.. its not about Chikura Nao? Was hoping its her =/...btw who is Meguru lol.. I dont remember her xD...too many names to remember =/ and who is Takei lol..so many names!!!! Ah yes.. update the chart please ^^... Its my source of remembering the characters lol.
Old 2007-11-25, 07:34   Link #50
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Meguru is the class representative of Misaki's class. She's friend with both Misaki and Yuu. Takei is a new guy introduced in this chapter. If you don't mind being spoiled, here you are.

Meguru Watarase

Last edited by GoldAlchemist; 2007-11-25 at 07:50.
Old 2007-11-25, 11:17   Link #51
ironbomb

Quote:

Quote:
Meguru is the class representative of Misaki's class. She's friend with both Misaki and Yuu. Takei is a new guy introduced in this chapter. If you don't mind being spoiled, here you are.

Meguru Watarase
Sadly..even with the image I got no idea who she is lol..Spoilers...whats that xD lol...you cant spoil something this early xD unless you tell me something that happens like 10 chapters from now xD.
Old 2007-11-25, 12:57   Link #52
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbomb View Post
Sadly..even with the image I got no idea who she is lol..Spoilers...whats that xD lol...you cant spoil something this early xD unless you tell me something that happens like 10 chapters from now xD.
I can tell you the end... a lot of people flaming about the final couples...
Old 2007-11-25, 13:36   Link #53
ironbomb

Quote:
I can tell you the end... a lot of people flaming about the final couples...
lol...At least let me see an Aya-Manaka ending in this 1 =P..aka Yamamoto x Mamoru
Old 2007-11-25, 15:00   Link #54
Fran~
floating away...

I gonna fear any popularity contest out there... lol
Old 2007-11-25, 19:09   Link #55
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
no, please mamoru x yamamoto , no everybody less him
Old 2007-11-25, 22:32   Link #56
Fran~
floating away...

Yamamoto x Misao FTW!!!!...
Old 2007-11-26, 00:58   Link #57
ironbomb

Quote:
Yamamoto x Misao FTW!!!!...
/vouch...even though im a ninshino fan..i wanna see Aya happy =P lol.

hmm..wondering how the story is gonna progress. Still no relationship for Chikaru Nao yet...waiting for her story!
Old 2007-11-26, 07:20   Link #58
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

How about Yamamoto x Enomoto?

In that case, we would have the Moto pairing!

"Open your minds to a new realm of possibilities."
Old 2007-11-26, 09:45   Link #59
Fran~
floating away...

lol...

Nao looks adorable, i expect nothing less than a ubercute love history, probably with some brother of her friends... lol

Anyway, im gonna support Misao until the very end, ugly people also needs happy ends, i just love how he was folding his clothes ^^, i dont care the girl, but i want a happy end to him ^^
Old 2007-11-26, 12:53   Link #60
ironbomb

Quote:
How about Yamamoto x Enomoto?

In that case, we would have the Moto pairing!

"Open your minds to a new realm of possibilities."
Assuming your referring to the older 1 ^^, that isnt a bad idea...But I doubt it would sway into that direction xD.

Quote:
lol...

Nao looks adorable, i expect nothing less than a ubercute love history, probably with some brother of her friends... lol

Anyway, im gonna support Misao until the very end, ugly people also needs happy ends, i just love how he was folding his clothes ^^, i dont care the girl, but i want a happy end to him ^^
I want some Nao action already..Looking at the characters so far..I think another male character is gonna be introduced unless nao is gonna like......Bessho which I do not want to see happen or she might be the only 1 that wont like anybody...lol who am I kidding. Noones gonna be left alone after introduced!
@misao lol.. yea me too. When I saw him folding the clothes I was shocked lol. A happy ending for him :cheers:
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen