AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-04, 17:52   Link #21
Yonaka-Mikuzuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
well, we would discuss more about her character, but she really doesn't get juicy in terms of characterization until chapter 30+
Spoiler for post chap 30 related spoilers:
Old 2008-05-04, 22:40   Link #22
littlekitty

I'm curious to know...who do you all think Yuki truly loves? Zero? Kaname? Both?
Old 2008-05-04, 23:19   Link #23
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

she loves Kaname, but feels the responsibility to take care of Zero
Old 2008-05-05, 03:00   Link #24
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
This ^^^ She feels obligated with Zero, her affections are obviously for Kaname, Zero knows this as well.
Old 2008-05-05, 17:10   Link #25
Shinbou
Ka-na-me...^^

Send a message via MSN to Shinbou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki23 View Post
For the record I'm a female.. and I watch VK for Yuuki, XD not the Pretty boys.
Haha same here, ok the males are indead pretty, mostly kaname but yuki just is so cute and pretty! Hope it will stay the whole serie, havent read the manga yet still have to decide if i will do that after the anime. ^^

I think yuki tries to be strong for everyone, putting up fake smiles being cheery and all. But i think inside she is hurting and scared. Thats what i like about her. Altought i dont know if im right i think its like that...
Old 2008-05-05, 20:24   Link #26
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
This ^^^ She feels obligated with Zero, her affections are obviously for Kaname, Zero knows this as well.
Hah!
If only that where true...
it's pretty obvious what she has for kaname is a crush and who she really has feelings for is Zero.
Old 2008-05-05, 22:16   Link #27
nanafan
horo fan

hmmm, i am not sure, i think she cares a lot for zero and kaname.. that's my .2 cents i think maybe she looks up to kaname for what he did in her past and since she knows zero so well that makes her grow closer to him?
Old 2008-05-06, 23:31   Link #28
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Yuki is still tooooo cute
plus she fits/looks the more "gothic" type feel etc..if ya get what i mean

Manga Yuki fits the look more. i got used to anime Yuki after the 2nd episode. they both look pretty similar so i think they did a good job

edit: btw who is the girl with twin pigtails (her hair is orange, and is seen throwing an umbrella (i think) in the anime OP)
she's def a night class vampire, but they never say her name
she's cute too ^^ (is it Rima Touya?)

Last edited by MercFH; 2008-05-07 at 01:09.
Old 2008-05-07, 02:06   Link #29
Need more Aria
恥ずかしいセリフ禁止!

Send a message via AIM to Need more Aria
Yuuki reminds me of that girl from Zombie Loan, forgot what's her name...

But yes, to me they're both really hot.
Old 2008-05-08, 00:46   Link #30
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

If Zero wasn't so Emo, Yuuki wouldn't even give him the time a day. Its pity not love.
Old 2008-05-08, 08:28   Link #31
LKK

Quote:
If Zero wasn't so Emo, Yuuki wouldn't even give him the time a day. Its pity not love.
I disagree with that statement completely. I haven't decided whether Yuuki's feelings for Zero are sibling love or romantic love. But her feelings are definitely more than just pity. Yes, she feels bad for him and what he's going / gone through. However, her behavior shows her feelings for him are more than just pity.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-05-08, 16:54   Link #32
nanafan
horo fan

i agree with lkk i don't think she pities zero, i am still not sure where she stands with him. i think that she cares a lot for zero since she has known him for a long time, but it could be different from her feelings for kaname? idk
Old 2008-05-08, 20:17   Link #33
Queeny
<3

until now her feelings stable ...

I mean she looks at zero as a brother - a family .. thats why she Keeps worried about him !!! sometimes I feel thats Yuuki blame herself for not being close to him and knows more about zero !! since she was with him all this years ...
Old 2008-05-08, 20:58   Link #34
Alea Misa

Quote:
I disagree, Yuki knows that Zero is completely capable of taking care of himself. He is the one who is protecting her alot of the time.
Spoiler for continuing...:
Old 2008-05-09, 00:53   Link #35
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alea Misa
I disagree, Yuki knows that Zero is completely capable of taking care of himself. He is the one who is protecting her alot of the time.
^ I disagree. Knowing that Zero is capable of taking care of himself (or is he actually ?) doesn't have much to do with why she wants to interact with him. I think Yuuki indeed wouldn't pay as much attention to him if he weren't a walking bundle of emo. Its exactly because he walks around looking like douche bag half of the time, locked up within his own heart that she feels the need to understand him and "take care" of him.

Quote:
Yuki did say she wanted to get close to him, and mentioned that she can't seem to reach his heart, and he is like a fortress. Which makes me wonder about that, because one he does work with her, two, he protects her which signifies he cares about her. If she saw him like a brother, that would be sufficient enough.
I think its very simple and her lines there didn't carry any underlying meanings. Just because he does those things doesn't mean she realizes what makes him tick. He is obviously distraught and she wants to help him somehow, yet is unable to reach him as he just brushes her off all the time. This is what she meant by his heart being a fortress - he doesn't allow her (or anyone) reach out to him.
Old 2008-05-09, 01:34   Link #36
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
^ I disagree. Knowing that Zero is capable of taking care of himself (or is he actually ?) doesn't have much to do with why she wants to interact with him. I think Yuuki indeed wouldn't pay as much attention to him if he weren't a walking bundle of emo. Its exactly because he walks around looking like douche bag half of the time, locked up within his own heart that she feels the need to understand him and "take care" of him.

I think its very simple and her lines there didn't carry any underlying meanings. Just because he does those things doesn't mean she realizes what makes him tick. He is obviously distraught and she wants to help him somehow, yet is unable to reach him as he just brushes her off all the time. This is what she meant by his heart being a fortress - he doesn't allow her (or anyone) reach out to him.
Thank you Skyfall, I'm glad someone agrees with me
Old 2008-05-09, 15:05   Link #37
ani_d

Uh I like Zero and Kaname, but I think pity is just too heartless of a word to describe Yuuki's affection for Zero. :| Yuuki stated it clearly that she wanted to know more about him, and wanted him to confide in her because she felt that the two of them were alike. Being both victims of vampire and all, a bond has to start 'somewhere'. I think I'm more likely to accept the word 'kinship' than just nonchalantly labeling it as pity. I don't know what the manga revealed, but as far as I can see in the anime, it's definitely not just pity.

And I still have yet to see a shoujo where the first lead guy doesn't end up with the female lead. Unless the lead guy turned out to be the female lead's biological brother, of course lol
Old 2008-05-09, 22:01   Link #38
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
i think its the other way around
At most i think she just feels indebted to Kaname
Old 2008-05-09, 22:03   Link #39
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
i think its the other way around
At most i think she just feels indebted to Kaname
You wish, if she felt simply indebted she wouldn't be acting the way she does.
Old 2008-05-09, 22:08   Link #40
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
You wish, if she felt simply indebted she wouldn't be acting the way she does.
Act in what way
She said he scares her....