AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-02-01, 04:52   Link #661
sasahar17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post
PMCs come in many flavors. Some are purely in it for the money. Others just seek to do things their way -- the money is just gravy. The UN troops in the story rallied with the Grey Knights because their shattered morale was restored by the reinforcements. It was more of just a blurb about Grey Knights anyways.

I don't think there are any PMCs in canon, so I have to this without support. You are correct, however, in that majority of people do not trust PMCs. I mean, who would trust the guy whose sole reason for fighting for you is money? Still, modern organizations play by contracts, and no one will hire a group that breaks contracts for more money. When you work for governments, reputation is important.
I am aware that historically there have been ‘mercenaries in name only’ that have fought for causes they believed in, but the general tone of the ML setting seems that such well-intentioned individuals/groups would run up against a lot of bad rep that has been created by their less scrupulous counterparts. Obviously attitudes will vary from place to place, for instance the Suez defenders will be a hell of a lot less picky about who’s shooting the BETA than Imperial Japan, but this could make for some interesting drama. But yeah, the Grey Knights don’t seem that compelling to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Quite intriguing, and I'd say this would be an interesting aspect of the Alternative world to explore. Unfortunately, I doubt my ability to pull it off. Maybe someone like Kei, who took a short ME3 newsblurb - "Kal'Reegar dies protecting a comm relay" and turns it into a manly tearjerking heroic last stand (reposted here with permission by Lowe Gear).
Now that is the Kal’Reegar I know and love (Personally my first reaction to him being dead was ‘pics or it didn’t happen’). Seriously, when I first ran into him in ME2 I wanted this guy for the suicide squad. Mountain of bodies… heh… Shepard should have recruited his ass.

Mass Effect aside, most fiction we’ve seen revolves around the BETA war effort of the Muv Luv world. While certainly the most important part about it given failure on that front would effectively doom the human race, there are other parts of it that might be interesting to look at. For instance, we could follow a ‘Jack Reacher’ expy MP as he solves heinous military crimes that have been committed ‘for the greater good’, or a naïve American reporter who had been embedded with a frontline unit attempting to get his story out to the American mass media when he gets home.

Just a thought anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
It gets rather convulsed, and fast. Failed translations do not help (although arguably AC:FA is clearer then AC4).

Basically your character in AC4 ends up completely playing up to the bad guys (the Omer Science Technology, which makes USA of MuvLuv look peaceful and idealistic). And it causes a *lot* of problems.

Spoiler for AC4 storyline:

So yeah, there's quite a bit of plot. Whew.
Wow, that sounds like a real lose-lose situation. People are going to die whatever the hero does, and the kill ‘em all for the lulz ending makes me shake my head (although if those are the other options the player is presented with, I can see how he might just possibly just lose his marbles and go berserk). Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. So which ending were you going for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I just went to the MuvLuv section at fanfiction.net and noticed most of the fanfics are about Takeru aka Bratty Savior going back in time after MLA to fix things his way with some variations.
I am in total agreement with you. That’s kinda sad actually how there are only a few non-Peggy Sue fics on FF.net. I know Muv Luv does have a canonical loop, but honestly it’s been done to death by this point. There’s only so many fics you can read about Takeru trying to fix things that the whole thing becomes rather stale.

Like you noted, the problem about the FF.net section for Muv Luv isn’t size, but rather the variety of what’s in it. That makes fics like ‘Comet’, ‘Tropic Thunder’ and ‘Eishi of Zero’ all the more important.

Quote:
I would prefer something different or original like "What if Kirito and the gang from Sword Art Online arrive to the MuvLuv universe?" or "Master Chief or Commander Shepard somehow arrives and becomes Humanity's new hope" or "Duke Nukem arrives during the Battle of Kyoto and kick all of the BETAs ass and score chicks".
You don’t actually need to think that hard to create new fanfic ideas. Hell you don’t even need a crossover. For instance, you could have a story set in the far future of the Unlimited timeline (which obviously didn’t reset for some reason or the fic wouldn’t exist in the first place) where the humans of colony, now pretty well established, decide to send an expedition to see if there’s anything left on Earth aside from the BETA… and lo and behold, people are still alive down there! Cue drama.

As for crossovers, the Chief and Shepard have a potential to turn it into a curbstomp since the UNSC and HSA can bomb the BETA from above, but it can be done. It’ll definitely take more work to make it compelling. The Krito idea, that I can see being done.

The Kirito and gang arrive in the ML universe thing might actually work if you use the whole ‘different game setting for SAO gimmick’. It is a death game after all, so you could easily have 10,000 game players stuck in a do or die battle against computer generated BETA with the only way out being to seize the Original Hive. Kabayaka wanted a world where his simulated life seems more real than reality, and the compelling world of ML heck of a lot more interesting than good ol’ Aincaid. It’ll probably take some work to make the whole gimmick to be a solid fic, but that’s one possibility for a serious crossover (on the other hand, you could somehow have AU versions of them in the ML world, but that’s a bit old).

I still think ‘X-Com online’ (not a fic, just an idea I came up with) will have a higher casualty count when the players inevitably win though…
sasahar17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 05:06   Link #662
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Harro again. I'm aiming to dive deeper into editing/beta'ing so if someone needs a beta, throw me a PM. I do general proofreading, structure, character, plot, etc. to the best of my abilities. I aim to write professionally one day so it'll also help myself as well.

Speaking of which... I need to get back to writing Muvluv :x

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 05:48   Link #663
John117xCortana

Update.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7112821/69/

I'm disappointed though. The part I was waiting for. The joint exercise doesn't happen in this chapter.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 09:40   Link #664
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasahar17 View Post
I am aware that historically there have been ‘mercenaries in name only’ that have fought for causes they believed in, but the general tone of the ML setting seems that such well-intentioned individuals/groups would run up against a lot of bad rep that has been created by their less scrupulous counterparts. Obviously attitudes will vary from place to place, for instance the Suez defenders will be a hell of a lot less picky about who’s shooting the BETA than Imperial Japan, but this could make for some interesting drama. But yeah, the Grey Knights don’t seem that compelling to me.

Now that is the Kal’Reegar I know and love (Personally my first reaction to him being dead was ‘pics or it didn’t happen’). Seriously, when I first ran into him in ME2 I wanted this guy for the suicide squad. Mountain of bodies… heh… Shepard should have recruited his ass.

Mass Effect aside, most fiction we’ve seen revolves around the BETA war effort of the Muv Luv world. While certainly the most important part about it given failure on that front would effectively doom the human race, there are other parts of it that might be interesting to look at. For instance, we could follow a ‘Jack Reacher’ expy MP as he solves heinous military crimes that have been committed ‘for the greater good’, or a naïve American reporter who had been embedded with a frontline unit attempting to get his story out to the American mass media when he gets home.

Just a thought anyway.

Wow, that sounds like a real lose-lose situation. People are going to die whatever the hero does, and the kill ‘em all for the lulz ending makes me shake my head (although if those are the other options the player is presented with, I can see how he might just possibly just lose his marbles and go berserk). Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. So which ending were you going for?

I am in total agreement with you. That’s kinda sad actually how there are only a few non-Peggy Sue fics on FF.net. I know Muv Luv does have a canonical loop, but honestly it’s been done to death by this point. There’s only so many fics you can read about Takeru trying to fix things that the whole thing becomes rather stale.

Like you noted, the problem about the FF.net section for Muv Luv isn’t size, but rather the variety of what’s in it. That makes fics like ‘Comet’, ‘Tropic Thunder’ and ‘Eishi of Zero’ all the more important.

You don’t actually need to think that hard to create new fanfic ideas. Hell you don’t even need a crossover. For instance, you could have a story set in the far future of the Unlimited timeline (which obviously didn’t reset for some reason or the fic wouldn’t exist in the first place) where the humans of colony, now pretty well established, decide to send an expedition to see if there’s anything left on Earth aside from the BETA… and lo and behold, people are still alive down there! Cue drama.

As for crossovers, the Chief and Shepard have a potential to turn it into a curbstomp since the UNSC and HSA can bomb the BETA from above, but it can be done. It’ll definitely take more work to make it compelling. The Krito idea, that I can see being done.

The Kirito and gang arrive in the ML universe thing might actually work if you use the whole ‘different game setting for SAO gimmick’. It is a death game after all, so you could easily have 10,000 game players stuck in a do or die battle against computer generated BETA with the only way out being to seize the Original Hive. Kabayaka wanted a world where his simulated life seems more real than reality, and the compelling world of ML heck of a lot more interesting than good ol’ Aincaid. It’ll probably take some work to make the whole gimmick to be a solid fic, but that’s one possibility for a serious crossover (on the other hand, you could somehow have AU versions of them in the ML world, but that’s a bit old).

I still think ‘X-Com online’ (not a fic, just an idea I came up with) will have a higher casualty count when the players inevitably win though…
Yeah, sorry about that. I shouldn't have use crossovers as examples. I should have use like "What if all Yui's friends survived during the Fall of Kyoto and join her in Alaska?" or "What if the Coup succeed?" or "Every TSF gets a portable Railgun?".
Old 2013-02-01, 11:02   Link #665
sasahar17

Quote:
"What if all Yui's friends survived during the Fall of Kyoto and join her in Alaska?"
Well a more well adjusted Yui would be nice to see, but I just had the most cracktastic brainwave.

Y'know, Yifei has her own cheerleader squad in her efforts to seduce Yuuya. What happens if Yui has a bunch of well meaning but ultimately counterproductive friends of her own? Nothing messes up a Jelly-dere's day like a bunch of well-meaning BFFs who constantly force her into situations she doesn't want to be in. And hell while we're at it, lets have Sadeck decide Yuuya is the perfect gene donor to create his ultimate ESPer with Cryska as the mother...

...did I just turn TE into Infinite Stratos?

Quote:
"What if the Coup succeed?"
SOMEONE FUND THIS.

I have a sneaking suspicion it will be like one of the more awesome Fate Stay Night Bad Ends. Yes, the world is doomed, and yes everything is going to go to heck, but it's going to be one amazing looking train wreck.

The coup succeeding, unlikely that would be is considering that both the CIA and a certain RIG general probably have their own plots going in it on top of Shirogane's interference, would see Yuuhi crowned commander in chief of Imperial Japan against her own wishes. Considering the country just survived a civil war, there's no way she can abdicate since they need a strong leader. And the US is probably not too happy with the regime change either, since if I so recall, they expected to step in and save the day at the very last second, American Hero style. Hell for added trauma, you can have coup succeed over the dead bodies of the Hunter Battalion and a good portion of the 207th.

Kid sister dead, illegally put in charge of whole country, international outrage, BETA at the gates… it is not a good day to be named Kobuin Yuuhi. Now the first question is, what's the first thing she's gonna do as commander and chief?

Quote:
"Every TSF gets a portable Railgun?".
Well it’s either the BETA get their asses kicked so fast they won’t even know what hit them, or they’ll be incredible shortages of 120mm shells worldwide. All depends on the writer I guess?
Old 2013-02-02, 16:39   Link #666
Darthtabby

Quote:
Well a more well adjusted Yui would be nice to see, but I just had the most cracktastic brainwave.

Y'know, Yifei has her own cheerleader squad in her efforts to seduce Yuuya. What happens if Yui has a bunch of well meaning but ultimately counterproductive friends of her own? Nothing messes up a Jelly-dere's day like a bunch of well-meaning BFFs who constantly force her into situations she doesn't want to be in. And hell while we're at it, lets have Sadeck decide Yuuya is the perfect gene donor to create his ultimate ESPer with Cryska as the mother...
Probably best if Yui's friends don't show up until Yui's already been at Yukon base for a while. Maybe they've come to assist with the next phase of testing. That way they can be shocked by the fact that Yui has fallen for a guy. Also, no reason they all need to help try to get them together. After all, some of them might not approve of Yuuya, and Episode 19 indicated that Yui herself is a bit of a chick manget.

At any rate, I approve of the general concept. Someone write this!
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 10:04   Link #667
sasahar17

I was told a while ago that I could put on any world building snippets for MLYRL I made on this thread. Well, this here is the first one.

Spoiler for ML:DYRL, VF-8 Crusader II:

The next one is going to be the Over Eagle that was briefly touched on in Try Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
Probably best if Yui's friends don't show up until Yui's already been at Yukon base for a while. Maybe they've come to assist with the next phase of testing. That way they can be shocked by the fact that Yui has fallen for a guy. Also, no reason they all need to help try to get them together. After all, some of them might not approve of Yuuya, and Episode 19 indicated that Yui herself is a bit of a chick manget.

Good point: Isumi and Shimako would be all too happy that Yui has fallen head over heels for this handsome man, but I am now seeing Kazuza and Aki being the ‘over-protective best friends from hell’. I can just see it now: Yui will be having to talk down overzealous BFFs who think that it’s ‘high time Yui get married and settled down’… or something to that effect. Meanwhile, Yuuya will be undergoing a trial that would make what Greg Focker went through look absolutely tame.

What the hell, let’s just take this idea, add some more harem comedy and the rule of funny and hit frappe. Sandeck is convinced Yuuya is the perfect gene donor for his super soldier project and is actively trying to get Cryska to seduce him. Yifei is takes Chinese waifu to a whole new level and will be trying to drag Yuuya to the altar any chance she gets. Natalie is the conflicted spy girl stereotype who has fallen head over heels with Yuuya and will find ‘redemption through the power of love’. Sharon is the desperate ex-girlfriend who has finally seen the light and wants Yuuya back in her life. Yui is the first girl who has to deal with her friends and family interfering with her love life. Yuuya’s only island of sanity in these hostile waters is Argos Flight, and even that starts sinking when little midget Tarisa (previously the person he’d mentally labeled as #1 bro and the only female he can possibly be safe around) decides she wants to get in his pants as well.

And Orson will be filming the entire thing for posterity. Huzzah.

Man, that would really turn TE into Infinite Stratos. It’s too bad I suck at rom com, or I really would write this just for the heck of it..

Last edited by sasahar17; 2013-03-10 at 05:22. Reason: Changed MORE stuff about the VF-8
Old 2013-02-04, 10:25   Link #668
John117xCortana

What no Stella love ?
Old 2013-02-04, 10:27   Link #669
sasahar17

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
What no Stella love ?
Do you think Yuuya needs some Stella love?
Old 2013-02-04, 10:30   Link #670
John117xCortana

It would take away his last island of sanity. So yes.
Old 2013-02-04, 11:27   Link #671
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
I was told a while ago that I could put on any world building snippets for MLYRL I made on this thread. Well, this here is the first one.

Spoiler for VF-8 Crusader II Writeup:

The next one is going to be the Over Eagle that was briefly touched on in Try Again.

Good point: Isumi and Shimako would be all too happy that Yui has fallen head over heels for this handsome man, but I am now seeing Kazuza and Aki being the ‘over-protective best friends from hell’. I can just see it now: Yui will be having to talk down overzealous BFFs who think that it’s ‘high time Yui get married and settled down’… or something to that effect. Meanwhile, Yuuya will be undergoing a trial that would make what Greg Focker went through look absolutely tame.

What the hell, let’s just take this idea, add some more harem comedy and the rule of funny and hit frappe. Sandeck is convinced Yuuya is the perfect gene donor for his super soldier project and is actively trying to get Cryska to seduce him. Yifei is takes Chinese waifu to a whole new level and will be trying to drag Yuuya to the altar any chance she gets. Natalie is the conflicted spy girl stereotype who has fallen head over heels with Yuuya and will find ‘redemption through the power of love’. Sharon is the desperate ex-girlfriend who has finally seen the light and wants Yuuya back in her life. Yui is the first girl who has to deal with her friends and family interfering with her love life. Yuuya’s only island of sanity in these hostile waters is Argos Flight, and even that starts sinking when little midget Tarisa (previously the person he’d mentally labeled as #1 bro and the only female he can possibly be safe around) decides she wants to get in his pants as well.

Man, that would really turn TE into Infinite Stratos. It’s too bad I suck at rom com, or I really would write this just for the heck of it.
Take my credit card and do it!

PS: Needs more harem. Add Mother Russia, her daughter and STELLLAAAA!!
Old 2013-02-04, 22:27   Link #672
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:

*snip*
XD XD XD

And that just inspired me to put out something:

Spoiler for Garuda Wings: Evaluation:

Uh... yeah.

Quote:

Man, that would really turn TE into Infinite Stratos. It’s too bad I suck at rom com, or I really would write this just for the heck of it.

....FUND IT.

Though this is just me but I thought there was something going on between Tarisa and VG? Then again, I'm doubtful how much sanity there will be in Argos Flight, given that Tarisa now wants to get into his pants and VG will probably kick back with Vincent, and observe the lulz from behind a nice tall glass of beer. (Argos Bridge Bunnies optional.)

But I think we should keep Sharon away from it all. From how she was portrayed in TE, I get the impression that their breakup was partially because Yuuya was such a jackass, and she's since then moved on. She's made her bed with Leon, and she's sleeping in it.

Also, Stella fits as the older sister/team mom who gives advice to everyone that, on the whole, works out a LOT better than Yui's friends.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2013-02-05 at 00:43.
Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 00:30   Link #673
sasahar17

Quote:
XD XD XD

And that just inspired me to put out something:

Spoiler for Garuda Wings: Evaluation:
Whoa. You actually wrote it, and it is glorious! Poor Davies, he just can't win. And you mentioned Roy and the Jolly Rodgers/Skull Squadron! Yayfications!

Quote:
PS: Needs more harem. Add Mother Russia, her daughter and STELLLAAAA!!
I can see it now, Mother Russia being the contender for Yuuya’s heart and her adopted children, all her adopted children, trying to set up their hot single mom with this nice young man.

Someone shoot me, this is so wrong but I just can't stop.

Quote:
Take my credit card and do it!
Quote:
....FUND IT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
Is it really that attractive of an idea?

BTW, I can see how it’s all going to end now. The seven or so contenders for Yuuya’s heart all have their respective plans crash into each other horribly, and nobody gets to have hot lovin with Top Gun. And just as they’re all dragging themselves back to base, defeated and downcast, they run into the A-01 Valkyries who are staring at open mouthed at this little café across the road. The defeated harem turns to look…

“Jinguuji-sensei was seen eating with another man (guess which man)!”

Dark horse victory for the win.
Old 2013-02-05, 00:30   Link #674
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!

Quote:

Here , take my platinum credit card make it happen! :U
MitchelJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 00:47   Link #675
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Whoa. You actually wrote it, and it is glorious! Poor Davies, he just can't win. And you mentioned Roy and the Jolly Rodgers/Skull Squadron! Yayfications!
What can I say, the muse and inspiration suddenly struck. Except that I was supposed to do other work, and now I'm kinda behind in my prep, lol.

Quote:
I can see it now, Mother Russia being the contender for Yuuya’s heart and her adopted children, all her adopted children, trying to set up their hot single mom with this nice young man.

Someone shoot me, this is so wrong but I just can't stop.
Alternately, and I think this is more lulz, but what if Mother Russia actually has no romantic intentions towards Yuuya, but just wants to adopt him.

However, all her adopted children misunderstand their intentions, and think he's trying to steal her away from them (hence Tasha being all tearful in canon), so they try and sabotage him.

So while Yuuya and Latrova view each other as nothing more than surrogate parent and child, of sorts, Zhar's enmity towards him knows no bounds...

Quote:
Is it really that attractive of an idea?
I think we're all needing some lulz. *shrug* The Jelly wiki page was pretty popular for a reason.

Quote:
BTW, I can see how it’s all going to end now. The seven or so contenders for Yuuya’s heart all have their respective plans crash into each other horribly, and nobody gets to have hot lovin with Top Gun. And just as they’re all dragging themselves back to base, defeated and downcast, they run into the A-01 Valkyries who are staring at open mouthed at this little café across the road. The defeated harem turns to look…

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes, go with this end. XD

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2013-02-05 at 03:36.
Old 2013-02-05, 08:37   Link #676
sasahar17

Quote:
Alternately, and I think this is more lulz, but what if Mother Russia actually has no romantic intentions towards Yuuya, but just wants to adopt him.

However, all her adopted children misunderstand their intentions, and think he's trying to steal her away from them (hence Tasha being all tearful in canon), so they try and sabotage him.

So while Yuuya and Latrova view each other as nothing more than surrogate parent and child, of sorts, Zhar's enmity towards him knows no bounds...
This is so much better. I am now imagining Zhar as a whole bunch of little green goblins stalking Yuuya like stereotypical minions of evil from a Saturday morning cartoon show. Every time he turns around they hide in silly ways (like in a dustbin in bushes, behind a stop-sign, etc.), and true to form he brushes them off. Then there's the evil little cackle when their nefarious pilot starts coming together...

All Yuuya did was visit the Latrova once for relationship advice, and for that he forever earned the enmity of the step-children from hell.

Quote:
Well so we have an ending, but what about the middle? What set of the collision of plans? Personally I'll say to heck with the timeline and continuity and make it Valentines day, which each member of the harem trying to get Yuuya their homemade chocolates.... except this being a comedy there are some oddities.

Some of the gift chocolates are not normal. Cryska's chocolates are laced with a brainwashing love potion courtesy of the USSR's R&D division (Cryska naturally feeds them to the wrong person and chaos ensures). Yifei's chocolates are curry flavored, and her taste testers know it's essentially weaponized curry in chocolate form. Not sure what the others will use, so that's up for suggestions.

And then their plans to deliver the chocolates are outlandish as well. Kidnapping, use of the KGB, blackmail, inappropriate use of military resources... and of course while all this is going on at it, Yuuya's going about preparing for his date with Marimo like the clueless harem protagonist he is.

Well, lets see some discussion. I want to see what kind of crazy plots we can come up with.
Old 2013-02-05, 10:49   Link #677
John117xCortana

It's just sad how politicians would twist an honest report into something totally negative. It's expected. But it's still sad.
Old 2013-02-05, 12:15   Link #678
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:

Quote:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
And then their plans to deliver the chocolates are outlandish as well. Kidnapping, use of the KGB, blackmail, inappropriate use of military resources... and of course while all this is going on at it, Yuuya's going about preparing for his date with Marimo like the clueless harem protagonist he is.

Well, lets see some discussion. I want to see what kind of crazy plots we can come up with.
Wait. How on earth did Marimo get a date with Yuuya? This needs an explanation!

Anyway, sasahar17 once asked for a fanfic of what would happen if the coup succeeded. After some thinking, here's my idea of that fanfic.

Spoiler for Fanfic idea:

I'll try to continue in the next post.
Old 2013-02-05, 22:09   Link #679
Darthtabby

Quote:
This is so much better. I am now imagining Zhar as a whole bunch of little green goblins stalking Yuuya like stereotypical minions of evil from a Saturday morning cartoon show. Every time he turns around they hide in silly ways (like in a dustbin in bushes, behind a stop-sign, etc.), and true to form he brushes them off. Then there's the evil little cackle when their nefarious pilot starts coming together...

All Yuuya did was visit the Latrova once for relationship advice, and for that he forever earned the enmity of the step-children from hell.

Well so we have an ending, but what about the middle? What set of the collision of plans? Personally I'll say to heck with the timeline and continuity and make it Valentines day, which each member of the harem trying to get Yuuya their homemade chocolates.... except this being a comedy there are some oddities.

Some of the gift chocolates are not normal. Cryska's chocolates are laced with a brainwashing love potion courtesy of the USSR's R&D division (Cryska naturally feeds them to the wrong person and chaos ensures). Yifei's chocolates are curry flavored, and her taste testers know it's essentially weaponized curry in chocolate form. Not sure what the others will use, so that's up for suggestions.

To be honest, I'd say keep it simple and focus on the original idea about Yui's friends showing up to meddle in her love life. Don't let the story get pulled in too many directions.

Then again, if none of us is actually writing this (since we don't seem to have any real rom-com experts among the group currently discussing the idea) and we're just tossing ideas back and forth we may as well go hog wild. How 'bout Yamashiro and the rest of the members who initially don't think Yuuya is worthy of Yui end up falling for him themselves while trying to make his life hell? Let's rekindle some of that old academy rivalry!

The Argos' bridge bunnies seem immune to the Bridges charm, but that's okay... they can complicated things by competing for the affection of an oblivious Yui.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 22:45   Link #680
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

And then you've got the machine spirits in the hangar... the Type-00F being all a haughty ojousama who nontheless wonders what it's like to have that wild American ride her... the Shiranui being kuudere to Yuuya (or really, at this time, totally dere)...

...actually, reminds me of this amusing fanfiction: A Love with no Boundaries.

I believe in miracles.

Tags
fanfiction, harem