AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-09, 11:22   Link #81
Checkered Blood
Noodle Assassin

Location: Like hell I'll tell you. Are you nuts? I already put my age and real name and stuff!
Send a message via AIM to Checkered Blood
So much for keeping spoilers in boxes....ah well. Everyone probably read the others anyway. But how's it possible for him to hug her if she's 1. On the ground, and 2. if she's a girl? Unless it was an air-hug?
Old 2006-07-09, 21:06   Link #82
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered Blood
So much for keeping spoilers in boxes....ah well. Everyone probably read the others anyway. But how's it possible for him to hug her if she's 1. On the ground, and 2. if she's a girl? Unless it was an air-hug?
Yaaah, I forgot to make a spoiler box!! *Hoppity hoppity frenzied hopping*... Okay, I've gone and fixed that!! *Phew*

1. On the ground? Why? They were hugging just as... normal people would hug, with only their feet on the ground!
Spoiler:

2. Yes, Tohru's a girl and Kyo's a boy, no doubt about that!
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-09, 22:26   Link #83
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinokesshou
The artwork, hmm, I found the artwork in the beginning pretty awful. I think I prefer the later artwork more... it's actually slightly more realistic and natural.
I don't understand that!
Each time I'm following a manga and the art is changing, everyone prefer the later except me!

I mean, the lines are thin now, and every face is generic. Compare Haru's eyes at the begining of the manga to now, they had a different form than those of Kyo, Yuki etc, but now, they're the same as everyone! It's like the mangaka is lazier. *pout*
Old 2006-07-10, 01:55   Link #84
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurys
I don't understand that!
Each time I'm following a manga and the art is changing, everyone prefer the later except me!

I mean, the lines are thin now, and every face is generic. Compare Haru's eyes at the begining of the manga to now, they had a different form than those of Kyo, Yuki etc, but now, they're the same as everyone! It's like the mangaka is lazier. *pout*
Hmm, I suppose I understand you...

I know what you mean; the later artwork leaves much to be desired, but the beginning artwork is so typically "big eyes... BIIIIIG eyes, small body" that it's grating to me

But yes, I agree: Personally, I think later-Tohru and later-Machi just don't look different enough. If you take away the context, I'd have trouble telling them apart in isolation!! I have to repeat, though, that they now look a LOT like my classmates -_-

Hmm, I think I prefer the artwork around chapter 90; forgot which volume that was in. Tohru and Hana looked stunning in the Cinderella play, heheheh.
Old 2006-07-10, 21:47   Link #85
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

(Post [originally untranslated manga images] removed by self after a reading of the forum rules ^^ Feel free to delete.)
Old 2006-07-11, 01:56   Link #86
Madlax26

Hey i was recently looking at fruits basket can anyone here tell me what type of manga it is. is for girls or guys or both? Thanks.
Old 2006-07-11, 06:44   Link #87
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madlax26
Hey i was recently looking at fruits basket can anyone here tell me what type of manga it is. is for girls or guys or both? Thanks.
It's supposedly for girls, but I'm a boy and I love it!! Recommended, recommended!! You won't regret reading it.
Old 2006-07-12, 17:09   Link #88
Haru27

Woot! I love Fruits Basket! just got done reading book 13! Btw, That book is where i got my name lol. Hmm, yes, Fruits Basket is a Shogo, but its kinda funny.
Old 2006-07-17, 23:00   Link #89
chasqui85

hi guys, on what chapter should i start reading after finish the anime.
Old 2006-07-18, 04:25   Link #90
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Book 7 onwards
Old 2006-07-20, 09:59   Link #91
ShellyKukai

So if the manga is ending so soon, what aboutr the others?
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-20, 12:05   Link #92
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyKukai
So if the manga is ending so soon, what aboutr the others?
Spoiler:
The latest chapter of Fruits Basket reveals that
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-24, 12:08   Link #93
Shia-san

Cool

Fruits Baskets is one of my most favorite mangas! Tohru's my favorite character. She's a very kind and caring person. When Kyo turned into that monster, she wasn't scared at all.
Old 2006-07-24, 21:55   Link #94
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

On the curse...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-27, 11:41   Link #95
sumflip
(''\(=' . '=)/'')

Send a message via AIM to sumflip Send a message via MSN to sumflip
hello. i'm not a furuba manga reader, but i've read up on what's been going on in it, and this post is regarding kyouko saying she won't forgive kyo. Is there any resolution to this/could somebody explain this to me better? why did she say she wouldn't forgive kyo? I can't really picture her, from what kind of person tohru says she is in the anime even saying that to anybody. Thanks for any replies.
Old 2006-08-29, 14:16   Link #96
arichang
FanFiction Authoress

Exclamation [Spoilers] Fruits Basket Manga Discussion

Dare I make a new thread about this?

I do.

I believe the last chapter of Fruits Basket has already come out in Japanese... not so sure about scanlations (particularly because technically it's been licensed) and I was hoping to discuss the ending of the series with someone. Anyone.

Because it was bothering me.

Spoiler for the whole manga:

Any thoughts anyone? I seriously have many things that's been itching me since I finished reading the manga--though admittedly, there were a few chapters I couldn't get my hands on-- ch 119 to ch 122 and ch 127 and everything after ch 129--I did a bit of reading around on blogsites. Though, I'm sure I'm bound to be wrong somewhere, still.
Old 2006-08-29, 16:27   Link #97
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichang
I believe the last chapter of Fruits Basket has already come out in Japanese...
The chapter 131 is not the last one, chapter 132 should be published next month (the 5 I think), and for now we don't know if it's the final chapter or the beginning of the last part of the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichang
I was hoping to discuss the ending of the series with someone. Anyone.

Because it was bothering me.

Spoiler for the whole manga:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-29, 20:23   Link #98
Hidari
Baka Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg
The chapter 131 is not the last one, chapter 132 should be published next month (the 5 I think), and for now we don't know if it's the final chapter or the beginning of the last part of the manga.
Right the 5 ^^

Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2006-08-29, 22:21   Link #99
arichang
FanFiction Authoress

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read somewhere (don't ask me now where since I don't remember... it was some blog where the author reviews manga chapters and stuff)... that the manga ended with all the animals coming back to dinner. It's like a full circle--it started with the banquet, ended with the banquet. Uhm... so... is ch 132 THE last chapter?

This was from the anime thread and since it's about the manga... we should just put this here. XP :::

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidari
That was her purpose in fact. She wants to show how Kyo, Tohru and others become more mature, more adult. On the begining of the manga, if i remember well, they start in 2-sc, and at the end they're preparing university And their vision of the world, of the situation evolve (i think it's the correct word <<''). And that's why her style changes too. If she didn't do that, the feelings wouldn't have passed as well.
Yeah. I understand that much... I remember reading something like that on one of her Free Talks... it's just that if you notice it... everyone just seems so... dead. All of their eyes... I know they went through a lot and everything... but... they all look so different. Sometimes I can hardly even distinguish between Kagura and Rin... and even the older men, they changed too.

And all of their eyes are just... dead. o_o

And here is my question. Is it normal for Momiji to grow that much in less than a year? I didn't even recognize him. At first. Though, admittedly, I don't dislike the new look... I was just beyond startled.

Spoiler:

Which is your favourite chapter in the whole thing? And whose story do you think is the saddest?

Oh... and here's a completely personal question. Did anyone actually cry while reading the manga (and/or watching the anime)?
Old 2006-08-30, 00:50   Link #100
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

I cried when I could not distinguish Tohru and Kagura in the manga. Their drawing arts are very similiar.
Seriously, I feel the anime is much better, when it comes to bring out your emotion.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, romance