AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-26, 12:44   Link #61
stpehen
kisses for all

I agree heartily with wao... The details of the composition and lighting were excellent and makes me think this could make up for how dreadful Narutaru looked.
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 13:52   Link #62
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
After watching that trailer, my fears towards the Bokurano anime have now been reduced greatly.

Also, I'm not too hooked on the OP yet, but I can imagine it reflecting the tragedies that occur the series as the series goes on. Know what I mean?

Sort of like how Now and Then, Here and There's OP became scary, and Narutaru.
Old 2007-03-26, 14:15   Link #63
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Well I got Simoun flashbacks from the vocals, same singer, and overall the trailer really impressed me a great deal. Not so much the characters, but the whole slightly menacing atmosphere and the splendid looking backgrounds. So yeah, looking really good.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 15:09   Link #64
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

The colors and the lighting effects were really amazing... The animation isn't anything special, but it's fluid enough... Though I'm kind of disappointed with the 3D mecha. Great trailer, nevertheless.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 15:26   Link #65
7Th
Mixtape

That was my mayor disappointment with the animation too, Quajafrie. The backgrounds looked great most of the times and the characters moved well enough although with a somewhat inconstant quality, but it had actually surpassed my expectations for a Gonzo adaptation… until I saw the 3D Zearth. Still, they may keep up the quality as the trailer included scenes from what I guess will happen in episode 13.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 16:13   Link #66
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Finally got it to download. I hate that method of streaming. You have to wait until it fully load before you can really watch it. And sometimes it doesn't always work. But anyway...

Got to check out all 3 clips. That piece of music I know I've heard that melancholy piano tune. Just don't know the name. But the movie clip wasn't bad. They matched 'Kitoh-san's style well. I really enjoyed that little piece of music during the presentation. Of course the CG will be for the big guy. It looks promising. But of course we'll all be shocked out or minds when the tragedy comes.

In response to 'Diedrupo's comment. I've never seen 'Gantz'. Nor do I care too. I'm one of the many that has a very small and I do mean small exposure to shows 'Gonzo' has been involved with. Meaning I haven't watched (or complained) the majority of shows that most people have complaints about (ie.- 'Gantz', 'Black Cat', etc...). The only gripe I have is 'Chrono Crusade, which I hated. But 'Saikano', 'Kiddy Grade', 'NHK ni youkuso', (and for the guilty pleasure) 'BakuTen' and 'Witchblade'. Again, as I said a VERY small list from good to bad.

I have nothing against them but at the same time I'm not crazy about everything they do. Especially, when too much CG is being used. Which is what they're best known for. But hey what are you gonna do. But I did see some really good scenes and I think the music is really going to set the mood too. 'Narutaru's music wasn't spectacular but there were pieces that fit the eerieness of that series that I did like. Not to mention the OP. CRAP! I gotta pick up the soundtrack, I forgot about that. NOW WILL DHP HURRY THE @^#% UP and finish publishing the rest???!!

But after I see this series, I would like to take a look at the manga and see the original ending. I decided to to things a little differently this time. I found that reading a book can cause problems when expecting the same of it's feature counterpart. I've never seen the manga so it will ok. Same with 'Narutaru', I did the show first and then the manga. While the set up was practically identical, 'Bokurano' won't. But I'm intrigued enough to not expect too much and enjoy it because I found an interest in 'Kitoh-san'. His style and strong storytelling. Even if it is a bit frightning at times.

You gotta admit, he comes up with some very strange designs. That's a odd robot. In a way this show almost reminds me of 'Eva'. But which do you think is more tragic? 'Eva', 'Bokurano'? Or both? This would make for an interesting discussion somewhere else of course.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."

Last edited by chrno; 2007-03-26 at 16:24.
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 16:25   Link #67
Woland
Latin Rascal

Look fine (not exceptional but it's not that I was expecting cutting edge animation for this) except for the mecha part... but for that I hope at least for a better fluidity in the final product.
I'm still concerned about the subject, because it's very hard to handle properly and I usually don't like how GONZO handle adaptation (if I don't really hate it).
Well at least I'm a bit confident now.
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 23:37   Link #68
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno
That piece of music I know I've heard that melancholy piano tune. Just don't know the name.
It's the beginning of Bethoveen's 'Moonlight' sonata.
Old 2007-03-27, 11:58   Link #69
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie View Post
It's the beginning of Bethoveen's 'Moonlight' sonata.
Ah, ok. Thanks. How fitting it is for such a show as this. I also like the music for the movie trailer.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 01:45   Link #70
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Looks like we at Triad subbed the trailer
here.
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 02:51   Link #71
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore View Post
Looks like we at Triad subbed the trailer
here.
A lot better than the other subbed preview I saw... (by someone called "Sei-kun") I mean, really... HOW CAN YOU MISTRANSLATE THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE?! 5 instead of 15? That's so incredibly fundamental to the show, and the text was written on the screen and....

I'm sorry, I don't normally bash people's translation, but I like this work too much to let it slide.

And drago, I know you still hate me (I'm sorry, sheesh, it was 3 years ago), but I wish you the best translating this series. If you need any help, feel free to ask (I own the manga, after all).
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 05:20   Link #72
Grave

Dont go saying something bad about someone , if you havent talk to them about it.
I've ask him on IRC and is a mistype and plus he said he only translated the promo for fun. he is limited to japanese and to me that is quite good job for a first time translating. give the guy a break -_- who just trying to sub a promo for ppl to see.
Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 10:47   Link #73
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grave View Post
Dont go saying something bad about someone , if you havent talk to them about it.
I've ask him on IRC and is a mistype and plus he said he only translated the promo for fun. he is limited to japanese and to me that is quite good job for a first time translating. give the guy a break -_- who just trying to sub a promo for ppl to see.
Oh, okay then. If it's a learning thing, then it's fine. I was just worried it would be followed by full fansubs in the same manner. But if it's just someone trying new things, okay. Actually, I did try and go on IRC, but the channel seemed to be empty.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2007-03-28, 18:07   Link #74
Diedrupo

Trailer looks great! Can't wait.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 09:06   Link #75
eggplant
Eggplant

Saw episode 1 at the Gonzo Festa.
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 10:21   Link #76
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Well, I was pretty sure episode 1 wouldn't be very interesting... The first chapters of the manga are like... NOTHING compared to what's happening after.
Old 2007-03-31, 15:47   Link #77
piccu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie View Post
Well, I was pretty sure episode 1 wouldn't be very interesting... The first chapters of the manga are like... NOTHING compared to what's happening after.
I agree, the first few chapters were quite interesting, but in comparision with the following chapters they're really NOTHING.

I'm SO looking forward to the anime , it's the highlight the spring season. The Trailor is very awesome, a shiver ran down my spine and that only happens when I'm really excited and know that something is going to be great
The only thing that is bothering me is that the official website says "GARALLY" o.O
piccu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 16:31   Link #78
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccu View Post
I agree, the first few chapters were quite interesting, but in comparision with the following chapters they're really NOTHING.

I'm SO looking forward to the anime , it's the highlight the spring season. The Trailor is very awesome, a shiver ran down my spine and that only happens when I'm really excited and know that something is going to be great
The only thing that is bothering me is that the official website says "GARALLY" o.O
As is usually the case with Kitoh (well, given the 2 examples we have), his first chapters are always somewhat straightforward seeming on first read, but end up holding clues to things that are revealed only FAR FAR later on in the series.

I just looked back at the first chapter of Narutaru, for instance, and it's totally a spoiler for half the stuff that happens in the final chapter of the manga. I'm sure that by the time Bokurano ends, all the little subtle things that happened in the beginning will mean a lot more.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2007-03-31, 16:47   Link #79
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Do you know what's great about 'nothing happening' in the first episode? (A REALLY big spoiler is about to follow, so only manga readers should read)

Spoiler:
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 17:28   Link #80
flou
That's no lady

I just saw the first episode. My impressions:
Spoiler:
flou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mecha