AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2007-06-19, 03:12   Link #901
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

yeah i felt the same way GHD. All the kids will recognize the inazuma kick from the SRW games, but only the older fans would have realized the silhoutte and the training lines. Im guessing the other pun about strawberry cakes and spinning was from school rumble, i may be wrong though?

what did the kendama and carrot anime have to do with Dorothy from MAR? I didnt get why she shouted that out other than being the voice actress.

Last edited by Potatochobit; 2007-06-19 at 03:37.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 03:38   Link #902
FTV

Anyone else find it interesting that Hayate is supposed to not have feelings for Nagi but the moment a girl confesses her love for him... he thinks of Nagi (with a warm fuzzy background no less) and turns her down?
FTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 07:13   Link #903
gouf 1/2
~ Get set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
Well according to ANN Hayate no Gotoku! is going to be a 52 episode anime series so we've only seen the tip of the plot line, if that. Since the whole series is based around comical humor and its 52 episodes I doubt it would get all serious into the plot line. I personaly find the anime hilarious and hope it keeps up with the humor as well as with the character development.
hah... 52 episodes.

I think:

Spoiler for Plot:
gouf 1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 10:25   Link #904
Ayumu4ever

you can watch episode 12 here http://www.veoh.com/videos/v650825Tp...7305535&rank=1
Ayumu4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 10:33   Link #905
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Coach appearing with Wakamoto's voice made my day --- with Gunbuster references flying around the episode, that one just had to happen. Hayate's 2D complex mention was another great moment.

Nishizawa is <3
Old 2007-06-19, 12:45   Link #906
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I must admit that not much time ago I was a bit hesitant about this anime. Excepting episode 1 and 5, I did find it pretty boring.
But I have to say that since episode 8 I've been enjoying it pretty much, and the last two episodes have been the so called peak of the iceberg, as far my liking is concerned

The show is no more focused on Hayate & Nagi (+ glimpses of Maria) solely, but it's now using all the other interesting characters it have. That was something I was looking forward to, and I am really pleased at now. The news this is going to be 52 episodes long makes me quite happy since HnG has become my brilliant comedy fix of the week.

As for episode 12, yay for Nishizawa, she's just so cute

+1 of Maria

Old 2007-06-19, 15:42   Link #907
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Well.... Can someone list all the references from episode 1-12 so far right now xD?
garra113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 17:29   Link #908
Fruitfly

Episode 12 has to be my favorite episode so far. It made me realise that I forgotten that Ayumu was initially my favorite girl (I swear check the manga thread )

Quote:
Originally Posted by garra113 View Post
Well.... Can someone list all the references from episode 1-12 so far right now xD?
I was going to compile a list like the lucky star one but I never got past episode 2 because I never had the time really. But temporary, go here for a small list. It's not everything and I did add like 15 of them but nothing after ep7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
As for episode 12, yay for Nishizawa, she's just so cute
uguu~ So cute (Ayumu eating taiyaki in the scene)
Fruitfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 04:49   Link #909
Ayumu4ever

Go Ayumu, GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ayumu4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 05:49   Link #910
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
I must admit that not much time ago I was a bit hesitant about this anime. Excepting episode 1 and 5, I did find it pretty boring.
But I have to say that since episode 8 I've been enjoying it pretty much, and the last two episodes have been the so called peak of the iceberg, as far my liking is concerned
I think this could well be another one of those anime comedies that takes a few episodes to "get" the style, before you can really enjoy it. I'd fathom to guess that a few of the people that dropped it earlier on wouldn't do themselves a huge disservice by trying a few more episodes. Hell, I'd even say that there's no reason why fans of School Rumble or Lucky Star should avoid Hayate no Gotoku, since it manages to combine the best of both those series, IMO.

Ep 12

Another brilliant episode. Serious laughs from Hayate reducing his classmates (and teacher) to tears to his unwitting backhand of Maria's lack of ambitions. Really, just wall-to-wall laughs in this ep... which is starting to become a regular thing in this series. I'm genuinely impressed at how consistently funny HnG is managing to keep itself. It also helps that they've managed to make a cast completely full of fun and enjoyable characters, including Nishizawa, although I'd say she's probably the weakest (if cutest, or, at least second to Izumi) of the plethora of girls that like Hayate. I can't help but respect Hayate more and more with every passing episode.

Fantastic episode. "I'm... only interested in 2-D girls." Brilliant!
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 20:39   Link #911
UPR

i hope they don't take out one of my fovarite parts from the manga between Hayate and Maria
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 23:30   Link #912
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

i hope they don't take out the good parts from the manga between Hayate and Hinagiku.

I'm still stuck between Maria and Hinagiku in the manga, but in the anime Maria wins.
Because: 1. Maria is voiced by Tanaka Rie. 2. Tanaka Rie did a cosplay of Maria. 3. Tanaka Rie is one of the prettiest seiyuu I know that can cosplay well.
musashiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 02:19   Link #913
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

doesn't Tanaka Rie voice nagi in hayate?
Old 2007-06-21, 02:23   Link #914
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ That Rie Kugiyama.. the voice of Shana ... Rie Tanaka voiced Maria.. The main reason I'm here actually

I LOLLED.. People vectored this?!!!
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 02:36   Link #915
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
doesn't Tanaka Rie voice nagi in hayate?
Erm... Tanaka Rie = Hot Anime Girl. The loliest sounding character I remember her voicing is Chii from Chobits. Usually she voices the hot ones like Lacus of Gundam Seed, Mariel of Hanaukyo Maids (... oh now I get it... Maria).

As for Nagi... she's voiced by Kugimiya Rie. So yes both their names are Rie, don't mix them up. Kugimiya is the ultimate voice for lolis. Shana from Shana, Louise from Zero no Tsukaima, Koboshi from Pitaten.. etc. yeah the ultimate loli voice.
musashiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 02:42   Link #916
kelvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Okay, this was the funniest episode of Hayate since, I dunno, episode 2 or 3? When the entire class including the teacher was crying at Hayate's life story, man that was lolarious. 3LDK was just the killer on top of all that. I'm glad I didn't drop this show at eps 10, which IMO really is a POS episode.

As for couplings, Maria and Hayate seems to be the most reasonable right now. But for some reason I have a soft spot for Hinagiku and Hayate; maybe because I think Hinagiku is somewhat what Maria wants Nagi to grow up as. I mean, apart from the adults (maids, butlers, and otherwise), Hinagiku seems to be the most competent character in the story, on par IMO with Hayate.
As the story stretches on you'll find that Hinagiku is far, far more competent than even (most) of the adults, and is strangely reminiscent of Maria in her younger (but not too long ago ) days.

And you're not alone in the Hinagiku pairing, she won the popularity survey by a LARGE amount (though it was taken _right_ after a very Hina-centric story arc in the comic).
kelvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 06:31   Link #917
UPR

i hope they have a valentines day moment
Old 2007-06-21, 10:50   Link #918
Onniguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by garra113 View Post
Now that this thread is getting bigger shouldn't we get an anime section for this O_o? Well anyway, I know this is way to much trouble for most people but can anyone do me a favor and put down all the references that had on EACH episode ?
You can also send it to me by email the txt if you like It is garra113@yahoo.com
I would certainly think this show is popular enough to earn its own sub-forum, but that's just my take on it
Onniguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 11:22   Link #919
UPR

there are a couple of shows that deserve there own sub-forum like this one and Seto no Hanayome and HSD Kenichi
Old 2007-06-21, 12:57   Link #920
Pendevous
Yoroshiku
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Pendevous
It's popular yeah. I want a sub forum for this when the series is done. Great and funny anime imo.
Pendevous is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen, synergy sp