AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-08-01, 09:09   Link #1301
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloodlust Kid View Post
I'm really enjoying how the series is unfolding. Though I feel that every time a character is introduced (in this case, Azaka) I feel that it was a waste that their powers only get several minutes of spotlight.
I very much agree. Thankfully though, the conversations between Shiki and Azaka were funny.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 09:25   Link #1302
klare

i am so happy that i can finally watch this

Azaka is not bad, she is nice to everyone except Shiki, she is a good enough character to carry a story

Shiki is cold as usual on the outside but inside she is sensitive enough to notice Asaka's secret

Mikiya is clueless and helpless as usual...

now back to waiting for Chapter 7
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 09:53   Link #1303
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
Mikiya is clueless and helpless as usual...
What? Clueless, yes, but the one out of two scenes he appeared in, he was helping them.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 09:55   Link #1304
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Mikiya is a brilliant detective but when comes to relationship he is pretty much blindsided by Shiki.
Old 2009-08-01, 10:38   Link #1305
orangejuicetang

Can someone explain to me why exactly Touko and Arcueid can't meet?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 10:55   Link #1306
Xakanis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran225 View Post
anyone have link to the song Fairytale Instrument only?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GMo1mdF8Es

Also, thanks to the person who gave more backstory on God's Word, but was there anything in the novels which described WHY the thing that was about to
Spoiler:
Xakanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 11:40   Link #1307
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spags View Post
Spoiler for answer about the plot:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xakanis View Post
Also, thanks to the person who gave more backstory on God's Word, but was there anything in the novels which described WHY the thing that was about to
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Novel spoiler #1:

Btw, thanks for the link, Xakanis =3

Quote:
Spoiler for answer about the plot:
Actually my understanding is that what he really meant was that some memories are so strong that once recalled, they could engulf the person. For example, a victim of a vicious gang-rape might be able to live on with his/her life after s/he forgets all memories of his/her traumatic experience. But if s/he recovers them (and worse, along with the trauma), the memory of his/her experience would might crush him/her to the point that the person is literally engulfed in darkness. That is, imho, why Shiki got so worked up after hearing Kurokiri talking about her memories possibly drowning her. She probably knows it's true, and is afraid that should he get his way, she will remember what she had tried to forget.

Also, remember that Araya most likely wants Shiki to remember her past. To him, the Shiki before the fifth chapter was incomplete, a precious link to Akasha that has unfortunately gone to sleep, thus the need to awaken her. Fujou and Asagami were pieces he used to that goal; Kurokiri was most likely an insurance to make sure things would go as planned.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 12:21   Link #1308
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thanks to NyanType, i get a wonderful shot of Shiki's foot. <3

Old 2009-08-01, 13:20   Link #1309
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Nanaya Shiki from Tsukihime is practically comparable to Mikiya in terms of looks, and also hails from a particular special bloodline of some renown similar to Ryougi Shiki—not to mention, that both possess comparable and yet contrasting main powers: Eyes of Death Perception. KnK also features the idea of the Magi, whose machinations play a more prominent role in FSN. Last but not least, Tsukihime and KnK feature Aoko and Touko Aozaki, who despite being featured in two separate universes are—by Nasuverse canon—sisters.
I think you are referring to the 4 main anti demon families in the Nasuverse from the Demon Hunter organization. The Nanaya's and the Fujou's(Hisui, Kohaku) from Tsukihime, and the Ryougi's and the Asagami's from KnK

Sometimes it's difficult to tell to what point they overlap and to what point they are parallel.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 14:22   Link #1310
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Can someone explain to me why exactly Touko and Arcueid can't meet?
I'd like to know the answer to this too. From what I've heard so far it just seems like a really cheap way to have the universes remain separate.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 14:26   Link #1311
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I think you are referring to the 4 main anti demon families in the Nasuverse from the Demon Hunter organization. The Nanaya's and the Fujou's(Hisui, Kohaku) from Tsukihime, and the Ryougi's and the Asagami's from KnK

Sometimes it's difficult to tell to what point they overlap and to what point they are parallel.
Yes, I was, and that was my point. I was comparing and contrasting the two main characters.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 14:40   Link #1312
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post

Hisui and kohaku are form the branch lines and it is Kyrie that is form the Main Line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I'd like to know the answer to this too. From what I've heard so far it just seems like a really cheap way to have the universes remain separate.
i just pretend they are in the same universe, no matter what anyone tells me
Old 2009-08-01, 17:13   Link #1313
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Yes, and that Sacchin Good End is the true end.
Old 2009-08-01, 21:56   Link #1314
Lio
Presence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloodlust Kid View Post
I'm really enjoying how the series is unfolding. Though I feel that every time a character is introduced (in this case, Azaka) I feel that it was a waste that their powers only get several minutes of spotlight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
I very much agree. Thankfully though, the conversations between Shiki and Azaka were funny.
Well it is based on a novel that's centered around dialogue, atmosphere and development. I think the directors decided to honor that. I felt the amount of action was just right - it made the movies even more memorable.

Loved the interplay between Shiki and Azaka.
Lio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 22:49   Link #1315
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Moonlit World says: 2, 4, 3, 1, 5, 6, 7

Shiki may not have known Fujino during the 6th movie, but I believe Azaka already knew her. After all, they were talking in the cafe.
I just went back and rewatched the first movie. In the opening scene, Mikiya told Shiki that she should kept her door locked. But they've also mentioned that it has only been a month since Fujino's case, which would put them well ahead of the 5th movie.

At the end of movie one, the date marked September 1998.

At the end of movie five, the date marked November 1998.

We know that the lock is made in the fifth movie, so why was it there in the first? Excuse if the question has already been resolved.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 00:25   Link #1316
Spags
Computer Programmer

Send a message via AIM to Spags Send a message via MSN to Spags
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
I just went back and rewatched the first movie. In the opening scene, Mikiya told Shiki that she should kept her door locked. But they've also mentioned that it has only been a month since Fujino's case, which would put them well ahead of the 5th movie.

At the end of movie one, the date marked September 1998.

At the end of movie five, the date marked November 1998.

We know that the lock is made in the fifth movie, so why was it there in the first? Excuse if the question has already been resolved.
Shiki's door has always had a lock, the thing was shiki never locked it till Enjou started doing it for her and pressed his views of importance of it on her. And there was never a lock made, Enjou just made a spare key to her lock.

"You have your way, I have my way, as for the right way, the correct way, it does not exists."
Spags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 00:34   Link #1317
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
Shiki's door has always had a lock, the thing was shiki never locked it till Enjou started doing it for her and pressed his views of importance of it on her. And there was never a lock made, Enjou just made a spare key to her lock.
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 04:34   Link #1318
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I don't think "remake" is a suitable description either.

Like I said before, KnK seems more of a precursor to the world that is Tsukihime and FSN. You have elements of KnK in both Tsukihime and FSN, of which are directly related. From what I know, Tsukihime and FSN practically belong in the same universe, though I cannot be quoted on that.

Nanaya Shiki from Tsukihime is practically comparable to Mikiya in terms of looks, and also hails from a particular special bloodline of some renown similar to Ryougi Shiki—not to mention, that both possess comparable and yet contrasting main powers: Eyes of Death Perception. KnK also features the idea of the Magi, whose machinations play a more prominent role in FSN. Last but not least, Tsukihime and KnK feature Aoko and Touko Aozaki, who despite being featured in two separate universes are—by Nasuverse canon—sisters.

And oh, you also have to take into account the existence of Melty Blood, which is another alternate path springing from Tsukihime.

The whole interrelatedness of these universes reminds me of Kajishima's Tenchi Muyo. There's a quite a number of Tenchi series and spin offs at present, with a few of them having no direct relation with the others at all. Different continuities and all that. The only thing that binds them is that Kajishima differentiates what the main canon is. Nasu on the other hand, doesn't seem to place such importance in such a hierarchy. That is, I haven't heard of him making such a claim of that sort.
If memory serves me right... I believe Tohsaka alludes to a certain famous puppetmaster during the HF epilogue... hmmm...
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 04:51   Link #1319
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Indeed.

They are all in the same universe.

Repeat after me. Using Jedi Mind Tricks

"They are all in the same universe. They are all in the same universe."
Old 2009-08-02, 08:00   Link #1320
Chrono Helix

I was watching the cannibalisation part in movie 6, and all I could think of was "wow he finished him in one hour? That's fast!"
Chrono Helix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, type moon