AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 3 11.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 37.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 25.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 18.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 7.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-01-10, 14:12   Link #61
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
If you had been paying attention, you could tell us what this series is about so far, but you haven't because you've been ignoring everything every time someone opens their mouth. Frankly, I don't believe you about you paying attention, and I'm sick of your lies already. I don't know why you're even bothering to watch this show at all if you refuse to even acknowledge that the talking has a point.
I'm pretty sure at this point he's just inciting for the sake of it, and doesn't actually believe any of what he posts.
I don't think "well I didn't notice it, so despite everyone else talking about it it must not have existed" could possibly be a sane response.
Old 2016-01-10, 14:16   Link #62
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
I have been paying attention and have not tuned out.

Yup, all zero of them.

Yes it does, at the very least it was very poorly built up.
There was more than one scene where the camera lingered on Fumitan's face, usually while she was by herself.

That's a cue for the attentive viewer, that we need to keep an eye on Fumitan. When we take into context when those close-ups happened, plus the knowledge that there was someone that was passing along their info, it becomes pretty obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
News flash dude: None of that was useless talking. XP
This guy doesn't seem to get what world building and character development are...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 14:17   Link #63
Tenzen12

Yes, by this point it can't even stupidity. It's clearly intent. It was mistake on my part actually jump on bait. I would recommend just ignore him. If he will not get any attention, he might leave.
Old 2016-01-10, 14:19   Link #64
QSTraderDG86

Welp. So this is the trigger that sets our protagonists on a conflict with Gjallarhorn. And lulz, McGillis's Char Clone disguise . Definitely a bit out there compared to say, Zechs Merquise.

Looks like Kudelia managed to narrowly avoid a very BAD situation through sheer luck.
QSTraderDG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 14:20   Link #65
Wandering Soul

At this point it just has to be trolling.There really isn't any excuse at this point.
Old 2016-01-10, 14:24   Link #66
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I'm pretty sure at this point he's just inciting for the sake of it, and doesn't actually believe any of what he posts.
Incorrect, if I did not believe it I would not post it.
Quote:
There was more than one scene where the camera lingered on Fumitan's face, usually while she was by herself.
And?
Quote:
That's a cue for the attentive viewer, that we need to keep an eye on Fumitan.
That does not mean she is up to something, it just means she is in the frame.
Quote:
When we take into context when those close-ups happened, plus the knowledge that there was someone that was passing along their info, it becomes pretty obvious.
It isn't obvious in the slightest, that screams conclusion jumping without facts.
Quote:
It was mistake on my part actually jump on bait.
Except there was no bait.
Quote:
If he will not get any attention, he might leave.
Incorrect, I will post my opinions regardless of whether or not people respond.
Quote:
At this point it just has to be trolling.
It isn't.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 14:38   Link #67
Ryuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I'm more interested with the female Gjallarhorn pilot with a clown makeup. Hopefully she'll be an interesting character and not an evil bitch just because .
Looked like she was wearing very traditional Japanese (or some other kind of Asian) make-up to me, I don't know the exact name for it. But yeah, I'm interested in her story as well. And lol@ McGillis during the next ep preview.

I agree that Fumitan's betrayal was constantly being made blatant, though I didn't want to believe it. Constant close-ups of her guilty face even before this episode, I think she was contacting that guy (forgot his name, he's always bathing) who wants to make Kudelia a martyr for the sake of the rebellion, she's constantly at her comp dealing with communications and she's a techie so she was the one most likely to have changed the order under their noses, etc.

I dunno why, but I love the way the show portrays the transactions and deals Tekkadan has to make in order to thrive, really love that aspect.

Last edited by Ryuga; 2016-01-10 at 16:33.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 14:41   Link #68
MCAL

"And?" "That does not mean she is up to something, it just means she is in the frame"

If you want to be taken even remotely seriously giving such vague non answers is not the way to go. Newsflash, Fumitan doesn't need to say "I am traitor hear me roar" for there to be proper foreshadowing. To make a better point, when Kudelia gives Fumitan that necklace as a gift, she clearly gives a conflicted response as if she was doing something that made her feel unworthy of it and ever since than there have been several times (as Endscape mentioned) we been given closeups of her face with a similar expression. What else could this possibly mean?
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 14:43   Link #69
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Well, I knew that Fumitan was a spy but her plan didn't work as Kudelia is busy shopping.

Meanwhile, I wonder if GN Trading is owned by Gjallarhorn, hence having them raiding Dort 2?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 15:01   Link #70
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Fumitan doesn't need to say "I am traitor hear me roar" for there to be proper foreshadowing.
I didn't say or imply she had to. Having a camera linger still means nothing- Actually scratch that, it means they are stretching the animation budget.
Quote:
To make a better point, when Kudelia gives Fumitan that necklace as a gift, she clearly gives a conflicted response as if she was doing something that made her feel unworthy of it and ever since than there have been several times (as Endscape mentioned) we been given closeups of her face with a similar expression. What else could this possibly mean?
-She has no interest in the cause annd sees Kudelia going down the wrong path
-She does not want to take part in the space rat crusade
-Extreme boredom and simply wanting to get off the ship
-She holds Kudelia to such a high standard she does not think she is on the same level
-Declining mental health
-Not being interested in gifts
-The animation budget going thin and they need to pad scenes out (the most likely)
-No meaning at all

Well dang, I came up with 8 other explanations! If it is that easy to misinterpret the point clearly fails in execution and by extension the foreshadowing (or in this case lack thereof) to the event.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 15:17   Link #71
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Well, I knew that Fumitan was a spy but her plan didn't work as Kudelia is busy shopping.

Meanwhile, I wonder if GN Trading is owned by Gjallarhorn, hence having them raiding Dort 2?
I don't think GN Trading is owned by Gjallarhorn, I thin GN Trading is a radicalised resistance group.

Kudelia being assassinated was part of GN Trading's plan after all, and that doesn't serve Gjallarhorn's purposes at all - they want her alive to use for themselves. On the other hand, martyring her by having her be cruelly gunned down while delivering weapons to poor, defenseless rebels would serve a radical resistance group's purposes very well.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 15:38   Link #72
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
That's not how it went. In first place it wasn't her plan, it was order she received. Second, you can't say it didn't worked if she didn't even attempted. Fumitan ditched plan because she didn't want Kudelia get hurt despite her orders.
Old 2016-01-10, 15:48   Link #73
Twi

That opening cannot compete Raise Your Flag.
Old 2016-01-10, 16:29   Link #74
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
Looked like she was wearing very traditional Japanese (or some other kind of Asian) make-up to me, I don't know the exact name for it. But yeah, I'm interested in her story as well.
Yeah, like the comedic-relief guy from Utawarerumono 2. I just called it "clown make up" coz it's easy. Maybe it's called a Kabuki or Noh make up? Not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
I dunno why, but I love the way the show portrays the transactions and deals Tekkadan has to make in order to thrive, really love that aspect.
Yup, you rarely see that aspect in other Gundam shows.
Old 2016-01-10, 17:24   Link #75
Wandering Soul

You know when I first heard the name of Biscuit's brother I thought we finally had a member of his family not named after food. Turns out I was wrong. He's named after a French Cake.

http://www.dianasdesserts.com/index....561/Recipe.cfm
Old 2016-01-10, 17:49   Link #76
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
You know when I first heard the name of Biscuit's brother I thought we finally had a member of his family not named after food. Turns out I was wrong. He's named after a French Cake.

http://www.dianasdesserts.com/index....561/Recipe.cfm
I just automatically assumed it was a type of food I didn't know about. XP

As for the episode, count me entertained by the clever political machinations at play. The Tekkadan were well and truly set up. I hope this marks a turn for a more political direction that I've always felt lacking from this show.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 17:51   Link #77
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatiu View Post
when will we see another gundam you know the brown one in op
Gusion Rebake, in a while, they still have yet to modify and tune it, they only just started stripping the old armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialNocturne View Post
McGillis' new machine gives me Flag / Brave vibes, though in a good way. I always appreciate when a non-Gundam machine is given a spotlight of its own.
So basically most antagonist suits........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I almost fell of my chair laughing when I realized that they were essentially shopping at Space Costco.

Also, I like, what I assume is, the new Gusion in the opening.
Gusion Rebake, yup, or are you referring to the Kimaris (the purple one)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Barbatos has some right arm gauntlet and a new weapon in the OP. I guess that's what it takes to make a 5th Form
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
"Charcolate Man".

*waits for slow clap*

Corner, NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Except I HAVE been paying attention AND I do not lie.

Because most of that talking really is useless, you can cut out at least three quarters of it and not miss a thing.

Martian children steal military equipment after murdering their defenseless superior officers because they want to take some rich chick back to Earth, they hijack a ship, and make it to a colony while the Earth military rightfully tracks the murderous scum down lead by a blonde guy with standards, but only after they take out some other criminals to make their jobs easier. So much for your point that you are incorrect about.
That is quite possibly the most biased plot summary (of what we have so far) of a gundam show I have ever read. I 've even seen haters of SEED/DESTINY do much better than this

4/10
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 18:01   Link #78
QSTraderDG86

New OP/ED completely suck. Whoever picked the music this time around...shamefur dispray! Commit sudoku!
QSTraderDG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 18:01   Link #79
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Wonder how long before Fumitan is revealed to be a terminator maid from the future . Secret agent maid is such an overused trope in anime these days, i do wish we have some normal maid for once. Especially how obvious it was since ep1 that Fumitan is a spy of some sort.
Normal maids get left behind at home (as they should, in my opinion), unless they're just wanting to force a maid into the story. I believe Fumitan gets chosen because she's not just a normal maid, as evidenced by her communications operations skills.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 18:11   Link #80
Arya

Biscuits, Biscuits, you have been always so careful and just because Atra told you do it and you did it. We can now make it a rule that when a brother pop up out of nowhere shit is coming
So as suspected from a while Tekkadan and Kudelia has been used, to cause a rebellion but with ulterior motives. And Fumitan didn't obey to her orders. I would have liked they spend a bit more focus on her instead of wasting time on the shopping time. But probably they will focus on it later.
Most interesting part is the transaction Tekkadan did discovering all the truth behind it. Let's see if Orga will lead this bunch of rebels or instead will prioritize his group.
In any case everyone is in motion now. And Naze will join the party soon I think. Orga is in a dangerous situation, but biscuits is the one more in danger. It seems his brother will try to save him but at the cost of betraying his (true) brothers, and we already know that he will never do it.

Not enough Merribit

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote