Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-07-19, 17:02   Link #601
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 138 RAW - Something happened in the end:

and...there is a website poll about "Who should Tomoko date" and Yuri is winning.

https://bookwalker.jp/ex/feature/watamote-vote/
Success!

Even without translations I can tell two things

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Ok, as I was writing this some rough translations are out and

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Also, Japan is fast!
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 17:39   Link #602
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Tomoko has been shown to be attracted to girls since pretty early in the series (all those times she tried to molest Yuu, smell her hair, see her panties and what not). I'm pretty sure she's bi. Of course, there were also times she looked down on girls she thought were lesbians, but that's just her hating everybody. She sees girls with boyfriends as sluts too, yet she'd love to have one.
Old 2018-07-20, 06:00   Link #603
Sixth
Hu Tao

Tomoko is actually acting really mature on the college talk in this chapter. So far from what I have seen, when Tomoko tried, she can actually give a good pep-talk to people. Maybe she should really consider the option of being a teacher in the future.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 11:15   Link #604
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What do you know, this chapter itself reminded us Tomoko likes to do lewd stuff to girls. Yuri isn't the type to be led around though
Old 2018-07-21, 07:34   Link #605
James Rye

Can't wait for the Nemo and Asuka chapters. I bet Yuu-chan will get wind of that and ask Tomoko to visit some schools as well. Or she will meet Emoji on one of those "dates". xD
Old 2018-07-21, 08:23   Link #606
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It's downright hilarious how Tomoko can so radically bounce between being wise beyond her years and being an absolute shitlord.

More importantly it also shows that these two are really the most unique off-kilter characters in the entire bunch, which doesn't really make it at all surprising that they're the ones who find it the most difficult to relate to their peers. However, in a situation where you get to remove everyone else, also shows that it's this characteristic that really allows them to bond together being the outliers who can really relate to each other. I don't think anyone would disagree that, aside from Yuu-chan, Yuri is probably the only other character who can really properly match and follow Tomoko on her eccentricities, physical or conversational. She really holds her own against her brazenness, as a pair of social introverts.

It's also proof that Yuri is best girl match for Tomoko. Fight me you scrublord lot.

Edit - Also this:

Spoiler for Y-yuri?:
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-21, 08:42   Link #607
Sixth
Hu Tao

^ Yuri and Tomoko are meant for each other. Tomoko had seen more sides of Yuri that Mako ever did despite that Mako was supposed to be Yuri's best friend.
Old 2018-07-21, 08:45   Link #608
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-21, 12:05   Link #609
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
It's also proof that Yuri is best girl match for Tomoko. Fight me you scrublord lot.
You're really looking for a fight, aren't you? Next time, try to not to choose the most popular haremette, you'll have better chances
Old 2018-07-21, 17:46   Link #610
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
It's downright hilarious how Tomoko can so radically bounce between being wise beyond her years and being an absolute shitlord.
Can't be good at everything, and in this case, that's why this two get along so well, even if Yuri can get pissed at times.

Quote:
There, there, let's give Nemo a chance. She has her own way of getting along with Kuro, after all.

Quote:
Edit - Also this:

Spoiler for Y-yuri?:
Yup. Yuri with Yuri.

And this too.

Spoiler for More Yuri:
Old 2018-07-24, 09:05   Link #611
Sixth
Hu Tao

Spoiler for Artist of Kaguya doujin/spinoff is drawing the Pineapple girl:

It is good to see that other mangaka like watamote too.

Also, the real mangaka of Kaguya: Love is War is Nemo-fag. He bribed people to vote Nemo in certain poll and in return, he will draw Yuri for them.

Last edited by Sixth; 2018-07-24 at 12:35.
Old 2018-07-24, 11:59   Link #612
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Also, the real mangaka of Kaguya: Love is War is Nemo-fag. He bribed people to vote Nemo nd in return, he will draw Yuri for them.
So he basically told them he would draw their favorite girl if they vote for his favorite girl. That's kind of amazing
Old 2018-07-24, 17:26   Link #613
James Rye

Spoiler for I am so dead! XD:

Man, I am so glad Watamote got popular again since the Kyoto arc to get so many fanarts and funny comic strips. XD
Old 2018-07-25, 20:11   Link #614
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Spoiler for Artist of Kaguya doujin/spinoff is drawing the Pineapple girl:

It is good to see that other mangaka like watamote too.

Also, the real mangaka of Kaguya: Love is War is Nemo-fag. He bribed people to vote Nemo in certain poll and in return, he will draw Yuri for them.
Yuri, the character? That's a good deal to me. Now I want to see more famous names doing watamote illustrations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Spoiler for I am so dead! XD:

Man, I am so glad Watamote got popular again since the Kyoto arc to get so many fanarts and funny comic strips. XD
Same here, altough I'm pretty sure this level of popularity is unprecedented for watamote. The wonders of adding more character and development.
Old 2018-07-25, 20:27   Link #615
James Rye

Though tbf some characters changed quite a bit. Like Yuri, she was way more talkative and empathic at the start of the Kyoto arc then afterwards. Or Nemo became more and more yandere/scary compared to before where she was just badmouthing the anime choices Tomoko liked.
Old 2018-07-26, 06:28   Link #616
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Though tbf some characters changed quite a bit. Like Yuri, she was way more talkative and empathic at the start of the Kyoto arc then afterwards. Or Nemo became more and more yandere/scary compared to before where she was just badmouthing the anime choices Tomoko liked.
Or more like we finally learn more about them, their true nature.

Also, Tomoko doesn't stop at DisneyLand arc.

Old 2018-07-26, 09:38   Link #617
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Doesn't stop what? Developing? Getting the ladies? Wait, the latter is already confirmed.

I don't remember Yuri being that talkative, gonna have to read the school trip arc again. To think Yuri and Yoshida felt like one time random encounters back then. And Nemo used to be a one joke character, yet here we are now.
Old 2018-07-26, 09:47   Link #618
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Doesn't stop what? Developing? Getting the ladies? Wait, the latter is already confirmed.

I don't remember Yuri being that talkative, gonna have to read the school trip arc again. To think Yuri and Yoshida felt like one time random encounters back then. And Nemo used to be a one joke character, yet here we are now.
Teaching Akane more about eroge.
Old 2018-07-26, 10:57   Link #619
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Woah, did I miss something? If not, I hope she doesn't stop.
Old 2018-07-26, 11:43   Link #620
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Woah, did I miss something? If not, I hope she doesn't stop.
For your information, the picture that I posted was an official art from the artist themselves. Whether it was canon or not, I dunno.

Tags
comedy, slice of life, yuri