AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 63 42.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 31.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 12.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 9.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-11-22, 05:21   Link #161
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
So, the whole arc, in summary (damn, JC Staff's adaptation of this arc feels like one) this arc is:

- Mikoto acknowledges that there are people who are trying to gather the Remnants, and are trying to stop them.
- Kuroko intercepts one of these gatherers, Awaki, but was in for a surprise counterattack and got injured.
- Kuroko gets intel on who Awaki is and plans a counter-strike.
- Mikoto confronts Awaki, Awaki gets away by a distraction. Kuroko happens to overhear that and proceeds to track down Awaki inside a building.
- Battle proceeds, but Kuroko gets downed by a gun. But manages to terrificly disturb Awaki's psyche causing her to break down and gets a 4-tonne weight coming onto Kuroko in retaliation.
- During the battle, Mikoto proceeds to track down Awaki and finds out Kuroko had went to see her first, while the Sisters go and ask Touma for help, this turn of events got through LO and in turn Accelerator learns about the sequence of events from LO. Touma and Mikoto meets up and proceeds to go to Kuroko's rescue.
- Mikoto blasts through the building, creating a pathway for Touma to rescue Kuroko and stop the teleportation of that 4-tonne mass.
- Awaki, who have slipped away, encounters Accelerator and gets curb-stomped.
- Main boss of this arc downed, happy end for everyone.
Those were the main points for the Remnant arc. But still, I felt a little dissatisfied because J.C. had scrapped the Touma-Kuroko talk about his convo with Quetzal (the Aztec illusionist). They should have to include this into their script.

Well, just a happy end for them, soul. Not for Touma.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 05:39   Link #162
Kamonichan

Quote:
So, the whole arc, in summary (damn, JC Staff's adaptation of this arc feels like one) this arc is:
Agreed. This arc felt really condensed, which saddens me as a Misaka fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Those were the main points for the Remnant arc. But still, I felt a little dissatisfied because J.C. had scrapped the Touma-Kuroko talk about his convo with Quetzal (the Aztec illusionist). They should have to include this into their script.

Well, just a happy end for them, soul. Not for Touma.
Damn, would've really liked to know more about this part. I'll have to read the light novel for more information I guess.
Kamonichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 06:02   Link #163
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
Damn, would've really liked to know more about this part. I'll have to read the light novel for more information I guess.
Go ahead. You could find it from baka-tsuki.

Dang, for the reason why it was not for Touma was because he got slapped by Kuroko and seen Misaka Imouto naked.

Fukou Da~
Old 2010-11-22, 06:16   Link #164
kitten320

Who is this Quetzal? I seriously can't remember the guy -_-
Old 2010-11-22, 06:26   Link #165
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Who is this Quetzal? I seriously can't remember the guy -_-
The "Mitsuki Unabara" who Touma fought during his (fake) date with Mikoto arc in Season 1.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 07:22   Link #166
tsunade666

Quote:
- Mikoto blasts through the building, creating a pathway for Touma to rescue Kuroko and stop the teleportation of that 4-tonne mass.
Mikoto did blast the building but she didn't create a stair of metal bars here in the anime version. Touma just gar mode acrobatic moves climb up the falling debris. Then push back a 4 ton mass.
Old 2010-11-22, 10:26   Link #167
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Mikoto did blast the building but she didn't create a stair of metal bars here in the anime version. Touma just gar mode acrobatic moves climb up the falling debris. Then push back a 4 ton mass.
Well, at least the blast made a way for Touma to go up and save Kuroko. That's the gist of it. I also never mentioned that she made that "stair", because in the first place it certainly doesn't look something like it for me, and it seems that Touma just jumped up and used the debris caused by the Railgun blast as stairs to reach Kuroko.

Although... to be able to do so is quite a superhuman feat, even at an assumed normal human's adrenaline rush powerful enough for them to exceed their bodily limits.

Old 2010-11-22, 12:08   Link #168
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Ouch! Accelerator just punched Awaki through her face! What a complete A-Hole!

Last time Touma punched the nun's face, not once but twice.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2010-11-22 at 13:15. Reason: Tried to clear this up
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 12:39   Link #169
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Hey, ToAru is an advocator of gender equality. no such thing as special treatment for girls.
Old 2010-11-22, 12:54   Link #170
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Best. Death. Ever.
Spoiler for ;):

Old 2010-11-22, 17:01   Link #171
Mentar
Banned

Can I please ask for a special bonus for Accelerator's VA? ^_^

I mean - the trashtalk part immediately before he attacked was absolutely brilliant. Loved every second of it ^_^

Been a while since I felt a 9 justified, since I try to keep those very rare. This ep deserves one!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 18:04   Link #172
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post

I mean - the trashtalk part immediately before he attacked was absolutely brilliant. Loved every second of it ^_^

Ditto Toaru have some of the best trashtalking... And most of it come from Accelerator
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 21:17   Link #173
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Ditto Toaru have some of the best trashtalking... And most of it come from Accelerator
Between the (mostly magic) villains justifying why they deserve to do 'bad things' for their own version of 'good' ( may or may not come with random religious bias ) and Touma's "HOW DARE YOU- *insert* I AM MAD- *insert* IF YOU DARE- *insert* I WILL BREAK THAT ILLUSION OF YOURS!!"...

It's pretty clear why Accelerator's the better ones.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 21:42   Link #174
Miraluka
Banned

Well you know the magicians from the West hav a thing for being determinated carving their sorcery name onto their souls. Their sorcery name is normally the reason they took up magic, or the one dream which they would sacrifice their life for.

Quoting Tsuchimikado:
Quote:
Western Magicians since the end of the 19th century are beings that "whose wishes are not fulfilled, whose prayers to God went unanswered - people who have lost their way and turned towards this back door called Magic". According to him, most magicians are like children in the aspect they fight honorably and let emotion cloud their judgment - whereas other professionals such as soldiers will shoot without remorse; magicians are like "Children who hold knives. And also as Children who have been betrayed by the world, trembling and crying at the same time". As such, magicians have very little loyalty to organisations - they are willing to betray the group to which they are affiliated to if it somehow clashes with their own dreams/goals.
Most magicians ends being well intentioned extremists .
Of course I don't think can be applied to non western magicians.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 02:36   Link #175
Minagi Mikoto

Great Episode 10/10!

Now I like Awaki even more than before! Though I have still a lot of question about her. I hope she appears again soon!

Accelerator was SCARY! He says he is weakened but to me he appears a lot stronger. Are those things behind him, his black wings? Anyway his fight scene was great!

The only weakness of this arc was that they ended it with just two episode so many questions are remained unanswered.
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 03:30   Link #176
Kamonichan

It was a little weird reconciling the voice of Regios' Layfon and ToAru's Accelerator, considering the difference in personality, but I must admit, he's badass nonetheless. I could literally watch a 13- or even 26-episode series of nothing but Accelerator kicking ass, taking names, and putting up with Last Order, and never get bored. No need for plot.
Kamonichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 03:33   Link #177
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minagi Mikoto View Post

Accelerator was SCARY! He says he is weakened but to me he appears a lot stronger. Are those things behind him, his black wings? Anyway his fight scene was great!
No, he created four mini tornadoes to launch himself into the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minagi Mikoto View Post
The only weakness of this arc was that they ended it with just two episode so many questions are remained unanswered.
Well there's no much to say for this arc, it's really the most straight forward story in Index.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 03:42   Link #178
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post

Been a while since I felt a 9 justified, since I try to keep those very rare. This ep deserves one!
Accelerator's VA's name is Nobuhiko Okamoto.

I heard that he has won an award of the "rookie" voice work, even commented on how he is no longer has a weak voice and an amateur as mentioned in Index-tan while laughing maniacally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Between the (mostly magic) villains justifying why they deserve to do 'bad things' for their own version of 'good' ( may or may not come with random religious bias ) and Touma's "HOW DARE YOU- *insert* I AM MAD- *insert* IF YOU DARE- *insert* I WILL BREAK THAT ILLUSION OF YOURS!!"...

It's pretty clear why Accelerator's the better ones.
You think Touma's quotes are pretty lame to you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Well you know the magicians from the West hav a thing for being determinated carving their sorcery name onto their souls. Their sorcery name is normally the reason they took up magic, or the one dream which they would sacrifice their life for.

Quoting Tsuchimikado:
Quote:
Western Magicians since the end of the 19th century are beings that "whose wishes are not fulfilled, whose prayers to God went unanswered - people who have lost their way and turned towards this back door called Magic". According to him, most magicians are like children in the aspect they fight honorably and let emotion cloud their judgment - whereas other professionals such as soldiers will shoot without remorse; magicians are like "Children who hold knives. And also as Children who have been betrayed by the world, trembling and crying at the same time". As such, magicians have very little loyalty to organisations - they are willing to betray the group to which they are affiliated to if it somehow clashes with their own dreams/goals.
Most magicians ends being well intentioned extremists .
Of course I don't think can be applied to non western magicians.
Is it an activists or extremists??
Old 2010-11-23, 04:50   Link #179
netvope
SOS-Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Ouch! Accelerator just punched Awaki through her face! What a complete A-Hole!
Why couldn't Awaki just teleport Accelerator away? Accelerator isn't a teleporter so Awaki should be able to do that, and if she teleports him far away she could have escaped.
Old 2010-11-23, 04:59   Link #180
tsunade666

Awaki has a limit of 3 teleport of herself per day or hour. Not sure on the time.But there are limits. In the anime she had a trauma for teleporting herself or rather her foot inside the wall. And things happen which is novel stuff.

She teleport already to go away from Misaka
Then With Kuroko
Lastly with Accelerator.

She already broke down in the fight with Kuroko. Meaning she's way over her limits. Further teleportation means she's dead and the pain she felts prevents to further teleport anything.

Plus the whole field is destroy by Accelerator. The whole street is smash and without knowing what's the structure inside the building teleporting inside might ended up with her being stuck inside a broken part of the building. And if she carelessly teleport in the street with a rain of broken mirror. She wouldn't want to teleport in a place where broken mirrors would ended up inside her. So the only possible answer is teleport above the broken mirrors.

Which Accelerator is expecting.