AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2007-11-14, 09:44   Link #361
game2007

I understand what you said. The anime follows the 'paths' you can take in the game and the endings that go with it. Thus when one episode takes the bad ending, the next episode would go back some time and take 'another path' that would not lead to the bad ending but another one, right?

I just mean that for people who don't know about the series and just watch everything with no knowledge of the game first would naturally think that characters keep on coming to life with no explanation.
game2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 10:10   Link #362
Rayneing
Trombe!

Actually the game was never split into paths - it didn't have choices at all. It was a series of visual novels, and each seperate one was a different story arc - so people who read through them first would've been just as confused as you are.

You couldn't even really call them games, considering there was literally 0 player interaction.
Rayneing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 17:04   Link #363
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007 View Post
I understand what you said. The anime follows the 'paths' you can take in the game and the endings that go with it. Thus when one episode takes the bad ending, the next episode would go back some time and take 'another path' that would not lead to the bad ending but another one, right?
No because there are no "paths" since there is no selection points like a normal run-of-the-mill type of game.

Simply (and I mean VERY SIMPLY) put:

This is Higurashi:

Last edited by kj1980; 2007-11-14 at 17:22.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 17:53   Link #364
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

There should be a Result C
Old 2007-11-14, 18:08   Link #365
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well... indeed but it hasn't happened yet, so let's not confuse the others
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 18:18   Link #366
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

I understand the events and what leads to them. What I want to know and still struggle with is how character from A is connected to B. I know thw kami pulls Rika into new 'worlds'(Deminsions). Why do other characters sometimes remember things if only Rika is being sent to new worlds?
Old 2007-11-15, 23:57   Link #367
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messerschmitt_Bf-109 View Post
I understand the events and what leads to them. What I want to know and still struggle with is how character from A is connected to B. I know thw kami pulls Rika into new 'worlds'(Deminsions). Why do other characters sometimes remember things if only Rika is being sent to new worlds?
Spoiler for Akasaka in the "game":
Davidj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 00:19   Link #368
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

Okay, so the memories are transferred on to the people in other worlds? that makes since.
Old 2007-11-16, 00:22   Link #369
Roll

Not the memories... Is more like warnings... If the memories were passed, then all the problems would have been resolved easier than in any of the arcs...
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 00:57   Link #370
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

Well couldn't it be considered locked memories? They can't actually see them, but they change the course? I mean what about when he saw himself beating Shion and Rena(first Season). Couldn't that be considered a locked memory that was shortly opened?
Old 2007-11-16, 08:18   Link #371
Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messerschmitt_Bf-109 View Post
Well couldn't it be considered locked memories? They can't actually see them, but they change the course? I mean what about when he saw himself beating Shion and Rena(first Season). Couldn't that be considered a locked memory that was shortly opened?
Yeah, you could be right about that...
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 22:27   Link #372
game2007

Never mind, I got an answer already.
game2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 21:47   Link #373
ApostleOfGod
^.^

How do you people watch Higurashi.. Damn.. I got scared the crap out of after watching the first chapter of the 1st season... How do you not get scared when you see an innocent little girl who gets massive wrinkles and carries around a machete or cleaver or whatever deadly weapon it may be, and has her eyes shaded everytime she says something peculiar.... Man, I got scared by reading what happens in the game chapters on Wikipedia... I couldn't sleep properly that night. -_- It was sad...

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 22:11   Link #374
TigerII
Pilot in Training

....I have never been scared of any shows. I have watched through so many 'horror' films that nothing gets me these days.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 11:28   Link #375
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod;
How do you people watch Higurashi.. Damn.. I got scared the crap out of after watching the first chapter of the 1st season... How do you not get scared when you see an innocent little girl who gets massive wrinkles and carries around a machete or cleaver or whatever deadly weapon it may be, and has her eyes shaded every time she says something peculiar.... Man, I got scared by reading what happens in the game chapters on Wikipedia... I couldn't sleep properly that night. -_- It was sad...
wow, Higurashi has never scared me before..

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 11:37   Link #376
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
How do you people watch Higurashi.. Damn.. I got scared the crap out of after watching the first chapter of the 1st season... How do you not get scared when you see an innocent little girl who gets massive wrinkles and carries around a machete or cleaver or whatever deadly weapon it may be, and has her eyes shaded everytime she says something peculiar.... Man, I got scared by reading what happens in the game chapters on Wikipedia... I couldn't sleep properly that night. -_- It was sad...
yea, first it is eerie, then it becomes epic and you will cheer for them

also the story is pretty deep, i liked some of the parts i read from the TIPs and PIECES ( thanks translators you guys rock)
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 01:58   Link #377
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Higurashi is only scary when you're watching the early eps at 4 AM (like I did).

It's a pretty awesome experience, though.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 09:46   Link #378
Hareoic
There will be burgers

I've been watching the anime version of Higurashi for a while now and have seen all the episodes of the first season as well as all of Kai that has already been fansubbed, and there's still one thing I don't understand:

Spoiler for Questions about Onikakushi-hen arc:

As I've said before, I've seen the entire series that's been subbed thus far, so spoilers probably won't be much of an issue for me. I'm just not entirely sure what happened during the first story arc, so somebody please inform me.
Hareoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 09:55   Link #379
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

With what we got with Tsumihoroboshi-hen

Spoiler for Onikakushi-hen, facts and events:
Old 2007-11-27, 10:06   Link #380
Hareoic
There will be burgers

That clarifies everything, thanks.
Hareoic is offline   Reply With Quote