Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-09-09, 09:24   Link #1421
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sezen_atacan View Post
4) What is this "great war" that you guys keep repeating is about anyways? I only got the "snake woke up one day and decided to change the world during pre-shana days".
The Snake is pretty hax, so I would expect a "great war" to be required to stop him and his allies.

Quote:
5) If snake cannot be defeated, then wouldn't the solution be making some kinda truce with it that everyone can bear with?
Well, he was defeated once, supposedly permanently. It didn't turn out that way (Snake hax strikes again!), but still. Anyway, I'm not sure Snake's plan has any room for compromise.
Old 2008-09-09, 09:38   Link #1422
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
The Snake is pretty hax, so I would expect a "great war" to be required to stop him and his allies.

Well, he was defeated once, supposedly permanently. It didn't turn out that way (Snake hax strikes again!), but still. Anyway, I'm not sure Snake's plan has any room for compromise.
With all the stuff seen in this series, I doubt that the power to kill gods like Alastor or Seirei no Hebi isn't out of reach.

ACQUIRING COMPLETE.
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 20:52   Link #1423
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

But killing Seirei no Hebi = killing Yuuji
Old 2008-09-11, 08:38   Link #1424
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
But killing Seirei no Hebi = killing Yuuji
Perhaps, unless Johan knows how to separate them since he's still in the Reiji Maigo.

ACQUIRING COMPLETE.
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 09:15   Link #1425
alvinkhorfire

What I really hope is that both Yuji and Johan can be saved when Seirei no Hebi is killed. Each of them will have their own Reiji Maigo so that they can live on forever with their loved ones, Shana and Pheles respectively.
Old 2008-09-13, 09:59   Link #1426
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Each of them will have their own Reiji Maigo so that they can live on forever with their loved ones
That would be br0ken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
What I really hope is that both Yuji and Johan can be saved when Seirei no Hebi is killed.
No love for SnH? I think hes a pretty cool guy, eh attack with his hair and doesn't afraid of anything.
Old 2008-09-14, 06:42   Link #1427
Devard

Quote:
4) What is this "great war" that you guys keep repeating is about anyways? I only got the "snake woke up one day and decided to change the world during pre-shana days".
I don't know about everyone else, but when I see the term "Great War", I assume it's referring to the war (大戦) that took place during Mathilda's time.

In more interesting news, novel XVII will be released on November 10th.
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 10:29   Link #1428
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

i will mark it on my callendar
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 18:44   Link #1429
Ryu-kun
Dragon - Igniton
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Ryu-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devard View Post
I don't know about everyone else, but when I see the term "Great War", I assume it's referring to the war (大戦) that took place during Mathilda's time.

In more interesting news, novel XVII will be released on November 10th.
Yay more shana to read.

Click siggy to join Toradora club~
Ryu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 07:39   Link #1430
typhonsentra

That's good to know. I got into both Haruhi and FMP! only after the authors started sloooowing down their output drastically, nice to see Shana's creator is still pretty active (At least two books per year).
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 05:08   Link #1431
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

Quote:

Spoiler for history before shana:
You are a hero mate, if you read all of the 70 pages. But then, I think you would have the answers to your question if you did.

1) Shiro the skeleton? Yea, well... Remember of Devourer of City's? There was a Crimson lord who was in love with a flame haze that died and he wanted to bring her back to life.
But other Flame Hazes gathered together and kicked his ass and his teams ass. Shiro was on his team and got his ass kicked.

But every one was to late and nothing could be done but to activate TempaJosay (or what ever you spell it like). So here comes the complicated part.
The previous flame haze of Alastor was in love with Alastor (yes she kinda loved him) Shiro had feeling for her that never got approved and Wilhelmina had a thing going for him.

So basically, before Flame Haze of Alastor goes and suicide her self to stop the world from collapsing she tells him to find a successor and train her. Just like we seen in first season, some where ep 12-16.

2) Dint think there is any connection for Shiro and Bal Masque. Mathilda (is that her name?) the previous Flame Haze of Alastor spared his life. Probably due to wilhelmina as well.

3) Think Snake was dead long before Shiro ever knew the world. That just my assumption. No idea to be honest.

4) Think it is the part of what I told you, where a dude wanted to destroy whole city to bring his love to life. Might be wrong, any one who read the novels can shied some light on it? Again?

5) Anything can happen. Think that snake is a bit stronger then Alastor, some people mentioned it. But he was defeated by Alastor, or perhaps exiled?
ZingFreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 19:13   Link #1432
RanXan

One question ...

who is he?

and because this with shana?

RanXan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 19:21   Link #1433
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Her first "love"
Old 2008-09-21, 19:32   Link #1434
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Oh, I'm guessing that's from the prequel story where she assumes the identity of a torch (who has a boyfriend) while searching for a tomogara.
Old 2008-09-21, 19:33   Link #1435
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Oh, I'm guessing that's from the prequel story where she assumes the identity of a torch (who has a boyfriend) while searching for a tomogara.
Pretty much
Old 2008-09-21, 20:09   Link #1436
yumichan808
tra la la la la~

wow, it took me a quite a while to actually read this whole thread page 1 to page 72, but wow, was that worth it. but my eyes kinda hurt now *rubbing them vigorously*
yumichan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 01:28   Link #1437
FatalMemory

Quote:
Spoiler for history before shana:
1. Shiro = Merihim (complete name has something to do with rainbows), he was sort of an evil general in the great war, Wilhelmia loved him, but he loved Mathilde, who chose to spare him so he could train the next Shakugan no Uchite.
Although Mathilde won her fight, the rest of the flame hazes weren't doing so well, and the City Devouring was almost complete, so the Spiral Organ (aka Rammie) created the Fuzetsu on the spot, stopping the effects of power of existence inside it, on anything outside, then she used Tenpa Jyosai to melt all their faces.

2. Bal Masque came quite a while after the great war, and Snake came thousands of years before, him and the true Kings of Guze (Alastor, etc..) hung out and talked about politics a lot, Snake disgreed with their views, so they sealed him away for being too radical.

3. No, although him (as Shiro), Wilhelmina, and Alastor hung out for ages, so he was probably told one or two stories about ancient times.

4. Great war happened between a group of nine insanely powered Kings of Guze (and probably some lesser tomogara) , and a lot of Flame Hazes. Coffin Weaver was one of these guys, and he wanted to perform a City Devouring so him and a human could produce a child I think. Anyway, group of baddies that wanna devour existence left right and center, which Flame Hazes are obviously opposed to, needed to be stopped.

5. Snake + Yuuji = Some sort of idea for an ideal world, less evil than Kira's Death Note dream world, but there has to be some catch. Shana will no doubt be torn and confused by Yuuji's prophecizing, and Alastor will probably have no idea what to say, apart from there's no way she can win.

Last edited by FatalMemory; 2008-09-22 at 01:48.
FatalMemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 13:37   Link #1438
wide12

I'm guessing the following questions that I'm going to ask have been answered in this thread, but since this thread is full of spoilers, I assume it is a risky thing searching through it, so...:

Are the novels being published in the USA? I've only seen untill Vol 2, did they drop the novels? I was planning to buy them, but if they are not going to be completed, I think I'll pass
I also pressume that the only unofficial english translation active is baka tsuki, right?
And for those reading the novels in japanese, does it need a high level of japanese? medium? low?

Well, that's pretty much what I wanted to ask
wide12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 14:14   Link #1439
typhonsentra

Yeah they dropped the series but B-T picked it right up!
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 12:15   Link #1440
RainSetsuna

so ther are no translation after vol.2 in english?

Last edited by RainSetsuna; 2008-09-24 at 12:37.
RainSetsuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen