AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-09-25, 19:53   Link #241
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well i wasnt refering to baka test, its just to me, a few slaptstick comedy series have actually been funny to me, but yeah baka test wasnt one of those to me, but to tell the truth the reason
i like haganai is probably the reason i liked lucky star, and that is that i can actually relate to characters and situations.
Old 2011-09-25, 19:58   Link #242
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@kuroishinigami

Silver Link may have shot themselves in the proverbial foot by jumping around the timeline, but they have very impressive visual cues and punchline, plus the overall feel was still there- The word 'sucked' might be a tad bit harsh.

As for Haganai, I'm fully expecting a repeat of OreImo's adaptation- Whether that's a good thing or not depends on the individual. For sure it's fanbase is big enough that it'll never bomb no matter what happens or how bad, but it's not a solid guarantee 20k adaptation either.

One more thing, rather than Baka-Test, wouldn't people be comparing Haganai's comedy to Haruhi's? I mean, you know how superficial they can get with these kinds of thing... What with a girl making her own club and all...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 20:31   Link #243
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well, i might be too harsh about baka to test anime season 1 due to my overexpectation. Sorry about that. I just feel they didn't convey the stupid comraderie theme well enough during season 1.

Back on haganai, like I said, I feel that the skits are too short to make me feel immersed when reading it. It's good as a short story read that I read sparingly now and then, but it's not good enough to draw me in to read it in 1 go. That, and the lack of overarching theme in a volume. I feel like it might be better in a 4-koma manga format rather than a conttinuous volume. It might be just my preference though.

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2011-09-25 at 20:48.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 22:39   Link #244
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i think you can say anything that happens in haganai, haruhi did it, but haruhi has a more serious tone and a more myterious atmosphere, specially the LN, since the anime toned down some things (ex. not drinking in the island, the scene where kyon raises his hand to haruhi is less intense).
Old 2011-09-25, 23:48   Link #245
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Thank you kuroishinigami for the summary, really appreciate it

Although I didn't mind if the author still go nowhere on the main story as long as he can keep it interesting with the jokes, I prefer the progress with more character development and insight drama like kuroishinigami wrote. Based on that summary I must say it really gets interesting with Yozora-Sena position change, and Kodaka, Rika, and Kobato's insight.

And so what happen with Maria after she know Kobato is popular and felt left alone? Kobato came to her to cheer her or the author just left it like that for now?
Old 2011-09-26, 00:51   Link #246
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Heh! You naive boy! They're on the anime thread already, just only few (4-5) are still here.
No one can call me boy other than a few hundred years old witches with D cup with the slender body of a 17-yr-old.

Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 19:52   Link #247
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
LOL it's funny coz just maybe three months ago everyone is "Meat, meat" and all the Yozora talks were negative.
I didn't know there was a thread for Haganai

And more importantly, Yozora reminds me of myself at my best/worst
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 19:59   Link #248
Chandalen

I still adamantly dislike Yozora, and no amount of 180 by the author is going to change that. I'm not one of the ones mindlessly chanting 'meat' either so don't group me with them. This story will end up like most where the worst possible choice ends up being picked as the winner, le sigh.
Chandalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 20:30   Link #249
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Bombed? What are you talking about? Baka to test is still one of the most popular light novel series in Japan. Haganai is taking over as the most popular comedy light novel in 2011, but Baka to Test is still solid on the light novel ranking even in 2011 too(no 3 in kono light novel ga sugoi 2011, used to be no. 1 in 2010) so it definitely not bombed.
I was talking about the anime sales. It didn't do so hot despite the light novel being a well seller apparently. The sales were average at best. Anyways here hoping Boku wa Tomodachi doesn't turn out like that series turned out.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 09:14   Link #250
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Anyone can give spoiler/summary of Kobato's birthday chapter on vol 6? Why Maria didn't appear on Kobato's birthday party, though it seems Kate and Maria came to Hasegawa house and Maria gave Kobato a birthday present?
Got really interested after download and saw the illustrations for volume 6 and 7
Old 2011-09-27, 16:35   Link #251
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

can you pm thw link of the download?
Old 2011-09-27, 18:53   Link #252
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Just a random question that's bugging me a little.
Is it just Kodaka's own preference to roll up his uniform pants? I found it weird
Spoiler for :
Going to answer this here. The reason Kodaka dress weirdly is because that kind of clothing is popular at his last school. When he moved to the current school, he try to keep that casual way of wearing his clothes to give more casual impression and makes friend easier, but everyone in the class thought that his way of clothing is a way to show his authority as a yankee.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 21:01   Link #253
kemal_1915

Just finished vol 7
The story turns to a much serious direction
Is it good or bad?
Let's see
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 22:24   Link #254
potchip

Absolutely going the right direction. The characters started out as cookie cutter 'mesh of fetishes' types but now they are getting more depth. This seems to be a lot more real. As long as there's plenty of comedy to lighten up every now and then, though Yozora's usual antics is necessary in this area, Kodaka's just not up to it in comedy stakes. It just shows judging what a character is like, based on the initial streotype then start pigeon holing character's actions based on this perception, is not necessarily the right approach.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 22:26   Link #255
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemal_1915 View Post
Just finished vol 7
The story turns to a much serious direction
Is it good or bad?
Let's see
As far as I heard, Hirasaka Yomi seems to like to troll fans with his series endings.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 22:54   Link #256
kemal_1915

Quote:
As far as I heard, Hirasaka Yomi seems to like to troll fans with his series endings.
I am the fans of Hirasaka
Has he troll me?
His stories always made unexpected turns and twists
That's the fun of reading his work
Old 2011-09-28, 09:03   Link #257
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemal_1915 View Post
I am the fans of Hirasaka
Has he troll me?
His stories always made unexpected turns and twists
That's the fun of reading his work
How would I know? Never read any of his previous series.

Well, not everybody likes twists, some people is afraid since trainwreck series like Code Geass.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 21:33   Link #258
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i read somewhere that there was another LN from the author wich in haganai is an anime, the one that turned kobato gothic, i think it was about vampires and had usagi in the title( thougth it was kurousagi) but other than that info (if its true) i havent heard of another LN from the author.
Old 2011-09-29, 12:09   Link #259
higoku1

Can anybody please post the chapter titles in the correct order (translated or not translated) for Vol 7? I found a translation on a chinese website but I'm not sure if it's in the right order. I will really appreciate it <3

I can pm the link to anyone who wants it.
higoku1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 21:01   Link #260
kemal_1915

Quote:
Well, not everybody likes twists, some people is afraid since trainwreck series like Code Geass.
indeed.
so the sales of his previous novel are disastrous
there were rumors that most of them were cancelled by the publisher (as zeniselv stated)
This makes everyone wonder Haganai's success

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
i read somewhere that there was another LN from the author wich in haganai is an anime, the one that turned kobato gothic, i think it was about vampires and had usagi in the title( thougth it was kurousagi) but other than that info (if its true) i havent heard of another LN from the author.
It is his second novel, Sora ni usagi ga no borukoro (ソラにウサギがのぼるころ)
quite a crazy work of him
and it was cancelled because the illustrator was passed away (though I think this is an excuse)
Also,
ホーンテッド! (Haunted, his first novel, a bit rough but there is some interesting idea)
finished in a mess so maybe you can called it cancelled, 4 vol
ねくろま。(Nekuroma, his third novel, start to learn how to write "for" the readers)
finished with proper (but rushed) ending, 6 vol and 1 omake
ラノベ部。(Lightnovel club, the predecessor of haganai with normal but boring plot)
finished, 3 vol, maybe cancelled
and then Haganai

Last edited by kemal_1915; 2011-09-29 at 22:58.

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen