AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-12-08, 21:01   Link #321
Shadow5YA

It's a grown man directly stabbing a child.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-08, 23:31   Link #322
Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It's a grown man directly stabbing a child.
The result is still the same thing with the original being less graphic then then the censored one. Yet it does kinda messed up the symbolism in regards to what Artorius does with his sword and what happens in event later on in the game from what I seen. Personally, in my opinion it lessens the value of this scene and the later scene even if the conclusion ends up being the same.
Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-08, 23:36   Link #323
MCAL

Honestly the problem is the censored scene just looks really silly. It would have probably been better if they just didn't show the sword going through at all and just implied what was happening. Not like that hasn't been done before in other games.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-08, 23:55   Link #324
Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Honestly the problem is the censored scene just looks really silly. It would have probably been better if they just didn't show the sword going through at all and just implied what was happening. Not like that hasn't been done before in other games.
They could had just blacken the scene when he goes about thrusting his sword into him if they felt they couldn't show the scene that badly and just show the aftermath of Artorious throwing him off his sword keeping the original meaning intact. They just legit changed up the whole scene for no reason.
Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-09, 00:13   Link #325
Chase

I have a rule, if they don't censor it in Japan, then don't try to sell it to me censored. Either way, im just not going to buy it(NA). The scene does lose its impact to me just looking at the two. Right or wrong it does to me and thats enough for me to worry about what else will be changed. So im not even going to bother and just suck it up and import the game eventually.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-09, 02:43   Link #326
RDNexus

Just because of one scene? That's rad. At least wait for others to check if more changes have been made before making that decision.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-09, 04:15   Link #327
Sacredus

If you want protect censoring games go to tumblr or something. I will never support any censored product.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-09, 04:37   Link #328
RDNexus

Was that for me? I also find censoring in games as silly and futile as most of you.
Actually, censoring in ANYTHING is silly and futile, especially in this age, where you can find anything on the net, as long as you know how to search.

Anyway, I just don't let such petty stuff affect my wanting to check it's story, characters and so on.
I know it's crappy, but there's always the net to check out what was censored, that's all.
Old 2016-12-09, 05:36   Link #329
Sacredus

It's scene from the trailer so surly there will be more censorship and Censored Gaming will cover all changed scenes after game release but then what? You will watch censored changes and still support buy game supporting censorship?

I know I went to far with that tumblr comment but I'm pissed off because just another game is censored and some people still are defending such censorship or still want support such games.
Old 2016-12-09, 05:38   Link #330
RDNexus

And can we do anything about it? No matter how much we complain, those idiots out there have stupid regulations to account for and SJWs to look out for. In sum, stupid people doing stupid things. If we were to not buy any game we liked but had been censored, then we'd have almost no decent game to get our hands on
Old 2016-12-09, 05:47   Link #331
Sacredus

Since you mentioned about SJWs, on NeoGaf they cry to censor Velvet outfit so we know what might be next on list to change in West release.

Edit:
Heeeh... MAJOR SPOILER WARNING - now this censorship is even more dumb.

Last edited by Sacredus; 2016-12-09 at 06:01.
Old 2016-12-09, 12:11   Link #332
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames View Post
The result is still the same thing with the original being less graphic then then the censored one. Yet it does kinda messed up the symbolism in regards to what Artorius does with his sword and what happens in event later on in the game from what I seen. Personally, in my opinion it lessens the value of this scene and the later scene even if the conclusion ends up being the same.
No it's not. Directly stabbing a child is more realistic than magic. That's like saying being electrocuted by a Pikachu is more graphic than being electrocuted by a taser. They're not remotely the same thing.

Yes, it does ruin the parallel with a scene near the end of the game where Velvet exacts her revenge on Artorius. But it's fairly obvious why they did it. Not everyone is an adult.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-09, 13:33   Link #333
monster

https://www.facebook.com/tales/posts/1487389204623949
Quote:
You may have read in an interview that we had promised not to censor the game in the West. The statement applied only to the Velvet’s outfit at the time, and we did our best to keep the game as close to the Japanese version as possible.

This is the only scene which has been altered from the Japanese version of the game. Everything else is exactly the same as the Japanese version including costume designs which you will be able to see for yourself once we release the demo on January 10th.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-09, 13:35   Link #334
Sacredus

We have response about censorship. In short: I-I-It's due the ratings~~~

Also:
Quote:
You may have read in an interview that we had promised not to censor the game in the West. The statement applied only to the Velvet’s outfit at the time, and we did our best to keep the game as close to the Japanese version as possible.

And that's all. No buy from me.
Old 2016-12-09, 14:14   Link #335
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post

Also:

What a tragedy! No buy from you
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-09, 14:26   Link #336
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post

Also:

We heard you the first time. That statement alone denounced two of your three complaints about the censorship (that Velvet was next, and that if there was one instance there was guaranteed to be more, leaving only the fact that there was censorship at all remaining). So can we stop hearing about it now?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-09, 14:46   Link #337
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
No it's not. Directly stabbing a child is more realistic than magic. That's like saying being electrocuted by a Pikachu is more graphic than being electrocuted by a taser. They're not remotely the same thing.

Yes, it does ruin the parallel with a scene near the end of the game where Velvet exacts her revenge on Artorius. But it's fairly obvious why they did it. Not everyone is an adult.
Does it really make that much of a difference if the way it's handled is now that it's more indirect. The intent is still the same. This is why we have the ESRB rating. If the content is too mature for kids, then kids shouldn't be playing it in the first place. If a scene is meant to be horrific, and even with the censor is still horrific, it's pointless trying to water it down to something slightly less.
Old 2016-12-09, 17:58   Link #338
RDNexus

I think people are making too much of a buzz because of a simple change in a scene.
Yes, it may have repercussions later in the game's story, but man, it shouldn't stop you from enjoying all the rest.
Old 2016-12-11, 01:15   Link #339
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Still gonna get it day 1(already purchased on Steam). Sorry, I'm too much of a Tales fan to care about 8 secs worth of footage. I haven't watched it, but even if I will think it would look silly or whatever, I'm sure that it will be a forgotten memory by the time I'm busting out of the first area of the game, and entrusting myself into its battle system.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 01:55   Link #340
Ultragunner

It's very good for them that they respond quite quickly (there is already an thread on Steam), and truth to be told, it's not really their fault, it's the rating system in the West that such (and sometimes weird) restrictions come into place

Tags
pc/steam, ps3, rpg