AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-06-24, 01:09   Link #2001
Traece
:cool:

Kallen tried to assassinate Suzaku in public. xD She was more than willing to kill Suzaku for Zero.

@ Brock Sampson comparison: Good god what have I started...? LOL.
Old 2008-06-24, 01:09   Link #2002
Silver Soul
Banned

This is probably the last time I'll go off topic but if Suzaku was Brock wouldn't Lelouch/Zero be the Monarch and C.C. would be Dr. Girlfriend......alright 'm done!
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 07:32   Link #2003
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Suzaku is just a physical powerhouse. He's Brock Sampson if Brock Sampson was Japanese and an anime character with poor logic. Changing from the inside.. *Laugh* But anyhow..
It is confirmed by Sunrise that Suzaku's physical capabilities came from an external source. That is a FACT. He was given the ability as a child. We would know more about this near the end of the series, but otherwise what it is, is a mystery.
Old 2008-06-24, 08:21   Link #2004
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It is confirmed by Sunrise that Suzaku's physical capabilities came from an external source. That is a FACT. He was given the ability as a child. We would know more about this near the end of the series, but otherwise what it is, is a mystery.
so c.c reaction to him is a result of that ?
Old 2008-06-24, 08:24   Link #2005
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
It is possible.
Old 2008-06-24, 08:58   Link #2006
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
C.C. also noticed that there was something strange about him during the SAZ ceremony and she was about to ask him, but we all know what hapened then, so there's for sure something about Suzaku that isn't normal...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 12:02   Link #2007
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
This is probably the last time I'll go off topic but if Suzaku was Brock wouldn't Lelouch/Zero be the Monarch and C.C. would be Dr. Girlfriend......alright 'm done!
you r just so funny

how about this, suzaku being darthvader, and lelouch/zero as han solo, and cc being the princess, vv being the emperor

just some random thoughts
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 15:20   Link #2008
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

From the Kallen Thread-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon
Yeah, mainly its just that he's had a role reversal now, and he's a lot colder while Lelouch is a lot warmer. And there's the whole selling out Lelouch for a promotion. And vowing to kill Lelouch. And--
I actually don't see Suzaku as that much colder, and even if he is, who is to balme for that?

He did sell out Lelouch, but he could have also just shot him right then and there if he wanted to. You see, Suzaku was PISSED at Lelouch for what happened with Euphie. What did you want him to do?

He also wants to talk to Lelouch about that incident though, just to find out what happened. He has calmed down. Just when the whole thing just happened (and Lelouch saying the wrong damn things to Suzaku which pissed him off even more) he was upset. Can you really blame him for that?
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 15:24   Link #2009
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
From the Kallen Thread-

I actually don't see Suzaku as that much colder, and even if he is, who is to balme for that?

He did sell out Lelouch, but he could have also just shot him right then and there if he wanted to. You see, Suzaku was PISSED at Lelouch for what happened with Euphie. What did you want him to do? Let him go?

He also wants to talk to Lelouch about that incident though, just to find out what happened. He has calmed down. Just when the whole thing just happened (and Lelouch saying the wrong damn things to Suzaku which pissed him off even more) he was upset. Can you really blame him for that?
As I had said in the Kallen thread, I was merely jesting and mocking. All of your points has merits, and I can't really blame him. But if you ask me, his whole wanting Knight of One to rule Area 11 is a bit, well, close-minded, I suppose. (not sure if that's the best term). Suzaku is trying to liberate Japan from Britannia's rule, while Lelouch, as Zero, is trying to liberate the WORLD from Britannia's rule. I guess that would make Lelouch looking out of a greater good that is, well, greater than the greater good Suzaku's looking out for. And has he REALLY done anything to change anything from within yet?
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 15:29   Link #2010
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
As I had said in the Kallen thread, I was merely jesting and mocking.
Ah...

Quote:
Suzaku is trying to liberate Japan from Britannia's rule, while Lelouch, as Zero, is trying to liberate the WORLD from Britannia's rule.
You see, it isn't that Suzaku wants to liberate anything. He just wants peace in his homeland. He also doesn't seem to view Britannia as truly evil like Lelouch does either, which is the difference here.

Quote:
I guess that would make Lelouch looking out of a greater good that is, well, greater than the greater good Suzaku's looking out for.
I have to disagree to that though. I don't think Leluoch is doing the right things at all and I believe more in Suzaku's methods than I do Lelouch's.

Quote:
And has he REALLY done anything to change anything from within yet?
These things take A LOT of time. it can't just happen over night. THAT is something I don't think Lelouch understands. He is just trying to change everything by fighting a war and thinks it will be quick. Suzaku seems to understand that this takes time and patience. It isn't that he isn't trying.
Old 2008-06-24, 15:29   Link #2011
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
As I had said in the Kallen thread, I was merely jesting and mocking. All of your points has merits, and I can't really blame him. But if you ask me, his whole wanting Knight of One to rule Area 11 is a bit, well, close-minded, I suppose. (not sure if that's the best term). Suzaku is trying to liberate Japan from Britannia's rule, while Lelouch, as Zero, is trying to liberate the WORLD from Britannia's rule. I guess that would make Lelouch looking out of a greater good that is, well, greater than the greater good Suzaku's looking out for. And has he REALLY done anything to change anything from within yet?
I agree, what has done to change it? Surely he has to realize it by now.. its just not going to work the way he wants, it is nearly impossible to affect change the way he is going about it. Think back through history, not many instances where a soldier can change a whole regimes view. Revolution is the answer.. that works. Someone get Suzaku a black suit and get him back with Lelouch. We will forgive him.
Verist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 15:32   Link #2012
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
These things take A LOT of time. it can't just happen over night. THAT is something I don't think Lelouch understands. He is just trying to change everything by fighting a war and thinks it will be quick. Suzaku seems to understand that this takes time and patience. It isn't that he isn't trying.
And he's had a lot of time. An entire year, in fact, to at least get started. What has he done, though? Become a Knight of Rounds... what else? So far, the only ones who have tried to actually change anything are Zero, Euphy, and Nunnally.
Old 2008-06-24, 15:32   Link #2013
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
I agree, what has done to change it? Surely he has to realize it by now.. its just not going to work the way he wants, it is nearly impossible to affect change the way he is going about it.
I think that is being a little narrow-minded don't you think?

Quote:
Think back through history, not many instances where a soldier can change a whole regimes view. Revolution is the answer.. that works. Someone get Suzaku a black suit and get him back with Lelouch. We will forgive him.
Right... Revolution is the answer... Like during the Civil War... wait... or the French Revolution... wait... no... or the uprising against the Czars of Russia... err... Yeah... those just caused a shit load of more problems...

Quote:
And he's had a lot of time. An entire year, in fact, to at least get started. What has he done, though? Become a Knight of Rounds... what else? So far, the only ones who have tried to actually change anything are Zero, Euphy, and Nunnally.
He hasn't even been located in Japan since he became a Knight of Round till the return of Zero. Hard to do anything in that position don't you think? But he will do something and he is at least attempting to try something right now that is at least not as nasty as causing a war.
Old 2008-06-24, 15:34   Link #2014
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:

Right... Revolution is the answer... Like during the Civil War... wait... or the French Revolution... wait... no... or the uprising against the Czars of Russia... err... Yeah... those just caused a shit load of more problems...
Hmm... Civil War was good, I guess you thought slavery was a good idea? French revolution? The aristocrats were rocking gilded castle and the people were starving. Not sure where you are going with this. Nobody said change was going to be easy
Old 2008-06-24, 15:35   Link #2015
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, if you're referring to the Russian Revolution through mentioning an 'uprising against the Czar', that certainly worked.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 15:36   Link #2016
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Hmm... Civil War was good, I guess you thought slavery was a good idea? French revolution? The aristocrats were rocking gilded castle and the people were starving. Not sure where you are going with this.
Those were all started with good intentions, I suppose (don't know about the Czars thing, never learned that in school). Its not the people's fault it ended badly in the case of France and Russia.
Old 2008-06-24, 15:37   Link #2017
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:

*starts to get dejavu*

It really depends, revolution may not always be the answer, it depends on the regime. We debated partially about that issue before, the thing is though Suzaku's way may very well neccessitate him going after the Emperor as well considering that he needs the Emperor's power to affect the kind of change he profess to want.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 15:38   Link #2018
Dream_Traveller
Banned

It never did end badly for Russia- their revolution deposed the Czar and got rid of the autocratic system. It was an outright triumph.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 15:38   Link #2019
Orga777

Quote:
Hmm... Civil War was good, I guess you thought slavery was a good idea? French revolution? The aristocrats were rocking gilded castle and the people were starving. Not sure where you are going with this. Nobody said change was going to be easy
The Civil War was a giant blood bath on both sides just because of two opposing views. It worked to get rid of Slavery, but what else did it accomplish?

And the French Revolution gave us a dictator that tried to take over the world and who thought he was a god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller
Well, if you're referring to the Russian Revolution through mentioning an 'uprising against the Czar', that certainly worked.
It worked alright... Until a crazed dictator showed up and started to slaughter his own people.
Old 2008-06-24, 15:39   Link #2020
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
Those were all started with good intentions, I suppose (don't know about the Czars thing, never learned that in school). Its not the people's fault it ended badly in the case of France and Russia.
I agree, that is my point. They were all necessary. Changing from within is not going to work when the government has gotten so out of hand. Revolutions don't always go smoothly. But I can't imagine the countries would have been better of if those events did not happen