AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-05-10, 00:15   Link #1021
primuler
Love For 3D

Dunno. Hata just mentioned in his blog that Athena has a VA.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 03:24   Link #1022
Used Can

Oh, I've just read it, yes. However, it seems to be just as I thought - Athena will only show up as a flashback (I wouldn't mind if they make the flashback a bit longer).

Anyway, how about we start throwing names? For some reason, I keep reading Athena's lines with Ayako Kawasumi's voice (in Saber-voice mode) in my head. So, my bet goes to her.
Old 2009-05-10, 22:58   Link #1023
SimplyBill
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Oh, I've just read it, yes. However, it seems to be just as I thought - Athena will only show up as a flashback (I wouldn't mind if they make the flashback a bit longer).

Anyway, how about we start throwing names? For some reason, I keep reading Athena's lines with Ayako Kawasumi's voice (in Saber-voice mode) in my head. So, my bet goes to her.
I wish J.C. staff will finish the whole Hayate though it seems to be really impossible. Anyway, her VA might be only used in that single scene - the time when Hayate first said something about her girlfriend (the one where Aa-tan punched Hayate). But I still wish that they cover lot of good parts also.

Anyway, BIKINI HINAAAAA!!!
SimplyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 01:30   Link #1024
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyBill View Post
But I still wish that they cover lot of good parts also.
Yeah, I was thinking that since Hata was involved in the election of Athena's VA (and I'm sure he also was in the election of the VAs for the other characters), perhaps the anime staff asked him for ideas on how to expand that scene (if they were to animate it exactly the way it was, how long would it last? 10-15 seconds?). All the same, they cannot do much with that scene, since Athena's face and moreover her identity cannot be revealed.

I think it is sad for the anime-only fans, since they will lose much of the mystery regarding Hayate's ex-girlfriend that we had. Do you remember the discussions that were held here about her identity? I still remember thinking she was a younger Maria, and there were others who thought she was a younger Hinagiku, with a few holding the idea she was a new character (which many others contended, because adding a new character this late into the story wouldn't work well - oh! the irony). However, the anime-only fans will have important details we didn't have - i.e. A-tan's hair colour, and her voice. Therefore, they won't have the chance to speculate as much as we did, in addition to the fact many of the manga readers have, probably, already spoiled them.

Anyway, I hope more people will start liking her, although the first thing they'll see of her is telling Hayate he should have loads of money to sustain his wife, in addition to kicking his ass when he tried to content what she said. But hey, don't we, Athena fans, like that side of her as well?
Old 2009-05-11, 07:03   Link #1025
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I think it is sad for the anime-only fans, since they will lose much of the mystery regarding Hayate's ex-girlfriend that we had. Do you remember the discussions that were held here about her identity? I still remember thinking she was a younger Maria, and there were others who thought she was a younger Hinagiku, with a few holding the idea she was a new character
That's interesting to hear. When I first saw her in flashback, I thought she was a whole new character. I didn't think that it was Maria nor Hina because young Maria and young Hina appeared in the volume side cover a few times. I've read Hayate in volumes up till 15th, you see.

Now, since we're kind of done with side characters, do you think we will get more Nagi and Maria now? Especially Maria since she has been becoming air recently.
Old 2009-05-11, 07:30   Link #1026
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Why did Hina looked so skinny at that picture in the recent chapter. .?
Must be something wrong with my eyes.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 09:04   Link #1027
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
That's interesting to hear. When I first saw her in flashback, I thought she was a whole new character. I didn't think that it was Maria nor Hina because young Maria and young Hina appeared in the volume side cover a few times. I've read Hayate in volumes up till 15th, you see.
This thread being directed a HnG's raw manga, I think we were up to date with the manga back then. The image I was talking about was the flashback in volume 9, when we only got to see Athena's back. I think by then we had already seen designs for Hinagiku and Maria when they were kids. I never thought it could've been Hina, since she's always had straight hair. However, the girl's hair sort of resembled Maria's. In addition, she was wearing a similar ribbon, and she was wearing clothes that looked expensive (since Maria was living with rich people, I thought she could fit that image).

I think the biggest reason why many of us thought it was impossible for Hayate's ex-girlfriend to be a new character was because we thought Hata wouldn't add a character that late into the series. Personally, back then I thought it'd be a stupid idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Now, since we're kind of done with side characters, do you think we will get more Nagi and Maria now? Especially Maria since she has been becoming air recently.
Since Athena will be showing up soon, I suppose now would be the time for Nagi and Maria (particularly the latter) to receive some spotlight.
Old 2009-05-12, 11:00   Link #1028
KoroshiyaX
X

I still feel that Maria has some sort of connection with Athena. It just cannot be a coincidence that young Maria appeared in the magic mirror during the long flashback arc. And if I remember correctly, it will only show people whom the mirror user knows. Also, factor in the mystery behind Maria's circumstances of being abandoned as a child and her being an abnormal super genius, and we may have a big conspiracy

I wouldn't put it past Hata to have written in those parts about Maria (Both her appearing in Athena's mirror and her abandonment as a child) without plans to somehow tying it into the main plot down the road. We already know Hata likes to drop teasers through flashbacks, and not revisit them until a few volumes later with clearer explanation (i.e. Athena's first appearance and just seeing her back, Hayate's eventual time travel to save chibi Nagi, Izumi's kiss, Hayate's unexplained super speed/strenght & infatuation with girls *until the Athena arc*, etc...). Who knows how much if this is just pure coincidence with Hata adding in stuff at the last minute, or if it was always part of a master-plan lol. I'm leaning toward the latter on this one... and if it is true, it's pretty impressive for a manga that is mostly comedy fillers with no plot most of the time lol.

As far as Hinagiku possibly confessing to Hayate, I think that if she does it now, he will probably give her the same response that he gave Hamster. The only difference between Hina and Hamster is that he is already attracted to Hina. When you really think about it, Hina and Maria are the only two girls whom Hayate thinks about in a blushing way when they are not around. Going back to the possible confession, I think if she does it, he will probably start being very conscious of her as a girl, and potential girlfriend. So she would probably be rejected now, but imo, her chances would dramatically increase since his head will be full of her all the time.
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 14:59   Link #1029
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX View Post
When you really think about it, Hina and Maria are the only two girls whom Hayate thinks about in a blushing way when they are not around.
Well, Hata did say both of them were in Hayate's "strike zone". It still annoys me he didn't mention Ayumu.
Old 2009-05-12, 15:05   Link #1030
Fandal

Anyone here hope that JC Staff will to do the Athena's flashback in Black & White or Sepia to add mystery to those scenes?

Quote:
I wouldn't put it past Hata to have written in those parts about Maria (Both her appearing in Athena's mirror and her abandonment as a child) without plans to somehow tying it into the main plot down the road. We already know Hata likes to drop teasers through flashbacks, and not revisit them until a few volumes later with clearer explanation (i.e. Athena's first appearance and just seeing her back, Hayate's eventual time travel to save chibi Nagi, Izumi's kiss, Hayate's unexplained super speed/strenght & infatuation with girls *until the Athena arc*, etc...). Who knows how much if this is just pure coincidence with Hata adding in stuff at the last minute, or if it was always part of a master-plan lol. I'm leaning toward the latter on this one... and if it is true, it's pretty impressive for a manga that is mostly comedy fillers with no plot most of the time lol.
Well, according to the teaser pictures shown in some volumes which which fit in no way to the story and from rumors I hear, I think Hata created 2 different storyline for the manga. I guess he's merging a few of the plots of the other story into this one.

Speaking of start of the volume pictures, does anyone know what the Maria in a library scene was all about?
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 08:53   Link #1031
Mentar
Banned

C223... my goodness.

A couple of observations: I don't know when there was the last time (if ever) in which Hina was shown struggling so hard with her composure and self-control, and LOSING this struggle. Her horror when she contemplated showing herself in front of Hayate in merely her bikini. Her wide-eyed rage when she ripped off her clothes and defiantly yelled at Gilbert, and when she subsequently massacred the bots. Her embarrassment about herself when she calmed down again after her victory. Her shock when Hayate said her name, before she fled in order not to hear the "you're a beast" rejection she so dreaded. And particularly her desperate pleading panic when she tried to get Hayate to hear her out first...

Wow. Really impressive emotional stuff.

And then, Hayate pops this emotional bubble with such a boneheaded and totally insensitive comment about an alleged lack of modesty on Hina's behalf, when she undressed before so many others? Gaaaaawd >_<; ... that was almost School Rumble level stupidity.

So, major demerits for Hayate. A sympathetic comforting pat on Hina's back for what she went through. A giggle for Miki's voyeuristic streak about Hina. In the end, we're relatively close to what we predicted before: Hina will win, and Hayate will say something stupid which indirectly (und incorrectly) reinforces some of her fears.

Well.. the deterrant survives. Let's see where we go from there.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 08:14   Link #1032
primuler
Love For 3D

Found some interesting stuff in Hata's most recent diary. It seems that Athena will be appearing at episode 10.

I was meaning to ask for ages, but is it okay to post Hata's Hayate web comics here? I mean, they're not related to copyright stuff, are they?
Old 2009-05-14, 15:48   Link #1033
Used Can

If they are free to be accessed then I think it should be safe to post them.
Old 2009-05-14, 21:10   Link #1034
ellifeedn
Thinker

Web comics? Are they canon?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 02:21   Link #1035
Used Can

I wouldn't know. Some of them just work as promos, for example, one of them was about the OVA. Some of them don't contradict the plot. So, perhaps some of them can be considered canon.
Old 2009-05-16, 00:18   Link #1036
Tom Bombadil

Spoiler pictures of ch224 is here. More Hinagiku.
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 00:50   Link #1037
Mentar
Banned

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now color me surprised, bigtime. I thought that the ending of 223 would conclude this Hina arc. But no, looks like we'll get a nicer closure after all...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 01:04   Link #1038
Used Can

I wonder what was Aika doing there.

Anyway, nice chapter. I'm glad Hina's mini-arc didn't end up on a disappointing note, as it seem it would in the last chapter.
Old 2009-05-17, 21:42   Link #1039
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

She is Love-shishou(Master/Teacher) after all :P. At least she is Nagi's before and now it seems she become Hayate's too.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 16:22   Link #1040
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
YAwn*...
Still no A-Tan ..look like I will go Hibernate from reading this crap for a while...
Why that's Hata Bastard create such a great character (A-Tan) but never show it again till he running out of idea to make other char (who wins a lot of poll or else) shining in the story line

oh well! author is the king anyway and we just reader...sob*
.................................................. .................................................. ...............................
zzzz..zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZ oh!I forgot something!everyone?please tell me if A-Tan appear OK?!,Really appreciate that!thanks b4
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen