Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-29, 13:34   Link #81
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocd View Post
I wouldn't rule out WB knowledge that Squardo was a spy, mostly due to C559-7 when WB tried to contact Squardo but he wasn't available. Surely WB put more thought into why his most trusted New World captain was mysteriously gone.
If Whitebeard was suspicious, then i don't think he would have been caught off guard like that...

Frankly, there are plenty of reasons for why a captain might have mysteriously disappeared... one of the top reasons would be that he was killed amist the battle... hell he might have just lost his den den mushi; when you got hundreds clashing with hundreds it's hard to keep track of everyone by sight alone
Old 2009-10-29, 14:19   Link #82
Prestige

I just read the chapter and it was pretty good.

Though I accidently spoiled myself earlier this week and saw picture of Whitebeard getting stabbed by Squado so it kinda killed suprise because I knew it was coming.

But otherwise I liked this chapter, Pacifistas are running amok and wiping anyone who stands their way. Things are looking pretty bad for pirates.

I checked out this chapter reading both BT's and FH's translations and boy there was a big diffrence.

On Mihawk vs Vista chat there were entirely diffrent meanings of talk

BT's correct translation was;

Quote:
Mihawk: Let us postpone this match for the moment, Vista.
Vista: That would seem to be most advantageous to both of us!!
While FH's incorrect translation was;
Quote:
Mihawk: Time to finish this...Vista
Vista: We both have a point in our favor!
Completely diffrent meaning, its pretty annoying recently because there has been so many mistranslations from FH's part lately that you cant really trust their translations anymore.

But well Mihawk and Vista will continue this figth later, I wonder what Mihawk will do next.

I liked Buggy's interview but it took over 2 pages so Oda kinda overdid it but I am not big Buggy fan so perhaps its just me.

Luffy has it really tough, every tough enemy seems to want a piece from him...

As for final spread about Whitebeard, I think its pretty much expected, Whitebeard is so dominant figure in New World and he is single most greatest obstacle for every pirate who wants to reach One Piece and he has crushed so many pirates during his reign that there is ALOT of pirates who has grudges against him, this was expected but I still feel angry towards Squado... Whitebeard believed in him 100% and guy stabs him cold-blood.

And I dont think that stab is anything to shrug away, he was stabbed middle of his stomach and towards spinal cord, I dont think that even Whitebeard can ignore such a critical injury.
Old 2009-10-29, 14:37   Link #83
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
No, Sukuado had a conversation with Whitebeard, so he couldn't be under DoFlamingo's control (though that doesn't mean that another character couldn't also have soem sort of manipulation ability).
Well not necessarily
Sure he had a conversation with whitebeard, but that doesn't mean Doflamingo couldn't have taken control of his body the moment after that... Let him talk to whitebeard, get close, and draw out his sword ready to fight along side whitebeard, all on his own free will... and then WHAM, take control and stab whitebeard before anyone knows what's what

frankly it works out for the most part... granted, i'd imagine that if it WAS doflamingo, Oda would have shown it at the end of the chapter instead of waiting till next week

Squado being a traitor though does serve to be more interesting IMO
Can only wonder why the man Whitebeard trusted to lead the other pirates would betray him... only thing that comes to mind that Squado was offered a Schichibukai position or something... though there are others to consider, like Doflamingo and his desire for a new age
Old 2009-10-29, 15:30   Link #84
Fishman

Everyone actually fell into Sasuke's Sharingan Genjutsu!
Old 2009-10-29, 15:33   Link #85
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Hm, that line of 'it'd be hilarious if Whitebeard dies' - wonder if that's a sign of foreshadowing.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-10-29, 15:55   Link #86
PrototypeX2

Buggy better quit being a pirate and start his own BuggyTV
Old 2009-10-29, 16:00   Link #87
Talendra

Just a small question regarding the art... the page 4/5 spread, upper left panel... what exactly are the Kumas doing here... do they jump, do they fly (?) or is it just a strange perspective... can't really make it out myself (angel)
Old 2009-10-29, 16:33   Link #88
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talendra View Post
Just a small question regarding the art... the page 4/5 spread, upper left panel... what exactly are the Kumas doing here... do they jump, do they fly (?) or is it just a strange perspective... can't really make it out myself (angel)
They jump, kumabots have pretty good leg powers...
Old 2009-10-29, 17:49   Link #89
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Isnt the picture on the page before missing the awesome chainchomps guy, Im pretty sure he is also a commander.
Old 2009-10-29, 17:58   Link #90
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

So, what was Whitebeard's response? Shock or the instant effect of the damage, or both.

As to why Squado attacked, the initial spoilers made it look like he was a traitor. However, currently there is nothing that proves the traitor part for sure. We need to wait for the next chapter to see why he attacked. Although, him attacking on his own would not be an unbelievable idea, but, considering the words he spoke earlier, I don't think that is the action of someone who was grateful to Whitebeard would take.

If he had mentioned his intentions earlier, the attack would have some meaning, kind of like Mihawk's attack. Right now, this is not the case. Also, even though Sengoku represents the WG and he can become cruel enough to decide to kill even his own men, using an underling of Whitebeard to attack him does not look like an idea that he would favor.
Old 2009-10-29, 18:30   Link #91
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Good freaking god.

Another huge plot twist and it's only been 12 chapters...

I seriously did not forsee Whitebeard going to get stabbed.

Shall this break the "no developed character ever dies" law One Piece has held for so long?
Old 2009-10-29, 18:47   Link #92
yangxu

I guess WB trusted his "sons" enough to not put a guard up against this, but knowing that he could defend Ace's assassination in his sleep, it really makes no sense for him to be stabbed just like that.

Guess we'll see how the plot unfolds from there. WB's death will mark the new era of the pirates.
Old 2009-10-29, 18:52   Link #93
Talendra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
So, what was Whitebeard's response? Shock or the instant effect of the damage, or both.
Well, if it really was merely due to the trust, that WB was caught that off guard (still surprising me though, but with the nakama-kind-people its at least believable), i would WBs reaction see as a shock. A lot of things have to flood his mind right now: its not only his personal health that is an issue for him, with himself getting injured like this, his forces loose a lot of power (even if it just slows and wears him down by time). So he probably envisions the possibility, that all the "sons" he lead to MHQ might actually die, all his plans screwed in a mere second.

All that and likely a lot more, just due to him believing in his "friends" and living his nakama-way... i would think that is a kind of shock not even the strongest person in the world can overcome in the very blink of an eye.
Old 2009-10-29, 19:35   Link #94
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
Judging from Whitebeard's facial expression when he was stabbed, it certainly did a good deal of damage to him.
Old 2009-10-29, 20:10   Link #95
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Squado was offered a Schichibukai position
Spider theme.

Very possible?
Unless the WG is thinking of doing away wtih the entire system...
Old 2009-10-29, 20:22   Link #96
marvelB

^Well, Blackbeard was already an exception to the rule, since he has no animal theme (well, unless you consider facial hair an animal )......

But yeah, Squado becoming a Shichibukai is an interesting idea, methinks. He's already been established as a New World veteran, so he has enough infamy to qualify as one of the seven. However, we still don't know exactly how powerful the guy is.....
Old 2009-10-29, 21:02   Link #97
Gekkostate002

right havent read everyones post so apologies if ive said something that someone else has said but a couple of things puzzle me, 1 whitebeared let his guard down or seemed to when Oars Jr died and was attacked by Vice-Admiral Ronse from the giant squad no less and managed to strike him down easily (this meaning that Ronse was no pushover to say the least) however squado managed to stab him when he was clearly in whitebeards view(makes me think that he let him havent thought why yet) 2 Whitebeard predicted that the marines wanted him to go into the bay and managed to negate there plan as much as he could which in my eyes is f***king awsome (Whitebeard rules ) however im pritty sure whitebeard is as good as dead due to the pacifistas which even if he manages to get rid of them will only mean having to deal with Blackbeard because he will tern up and most likely kill Whitebeard espcially with the new crew member filling there only needed role of swordsman 3 Buggy for Pirate King he is legendary and clearly deserves to be pirate king lol cheers for reading my rant
Old 2009-10-29, 21:06   Link #98
Gekkostate002

reading idea of Squado being Shichibukai thinking could work however still has to survive whitebeard after all his not dead by a long shot and definatly within striking range of major attack from the old man
Old 2009-10-29, 23:49   Link #99
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post

As to why Squado attacked, the initial spoilers made it look like he was a traitor. However, currently there is nothing that proves the traitor part for sure. We need to wait for the next chapter to see why he attacked. Although, him attacking on his own would not be an unbelievable idea, but, considering the words he spoke earlier, I don't think that is the action of someone who was grateful to Whitebeard would take.

If he had mentioned his intentions earlier, the attack would have some meaning, kind of like Mihawk's attack. Right now, this is not the case. Also, even though Sengoku represents the WG and he can become cruel enough to decide to kill even his own men, using an underling of Whitebeard to attack him does not look like an idea that he would favor.
He could have said that to make him feel off guard for a second. I mean, the dude is carrying two swords with the latter being enormously huge for his size and large enough to stab quite a hole in a giant like WB. Also, Marco must have believe that no squad leader should be near WB during that time of battle, and Squado's sudden disappearance would make him seem even more suspicious. As for Sengoku, the guys' a dirty but genius tactician that even earned WB's praise and recognition; moreover a cold and collected individual who believes strongly in the absolute justice. With the WG backing Squado with a reward or plotting to double cross him and the infamy of killing the King of the seas would be quite the tempation. To further add on to this, why else did Sengoku wanted to turn off the broadcast and got nervous when one of them were taken by Buggy? Perhaps to not only let the world know that the WG needs inhuman experimentation/mass produced weapons to fight their own battles, but also conspiring with other pirates to betray their captains? That's something you shouldn't show the public at all, thus hiding the sparkle on the headlines proclaiming the corruption of WG.
Old 2009-10-30, 01:22   Link #100
Talendra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
He could have said that to make him feel off guard for a second. I mean, the dude is carrying two swords with the latter being enormously huge for his size and large enough to stab quite a hole in a giant like WB. Also, Marco must have believe that no squad leader should be near WB during that time of battle, and Squado's sudden disappearance would make him seem even more suspicious. As for Sengoku, the guys' a dirty but genius tactician that even earned WB's praise and recognition; moreover a cold and collected individual who believes strongly in the absolute justice. With the WG backing Squado with a reward or plotting to double cross him and the infamy of killing the King of the seas would be quite the tempation. To further add on to this, why else did Sengoku wanted to turn off the broadcast and got nervous when one of them were taken by Buggy? Perhaps to not only let the world know that the WG needs inhuman experimentation/mass produced weapons to fight their own battles, but also conspiring with other pirates to betray their captains? That's something you shouldn't show the public at all, thus hiding the sparkle on the headlines proclaiming the corruption of WG.
Actually, pirates beginning to kill each other during such a important battle would be a very good thing for the WG to show. Show the people just how rotten, illloyal, dangerous pirates are. They gonna stab you in the back, even if you think they are you best friends... No, especially since the WG was in control of the cameras (and im sure they can turn sound on/off if needed), i think this would have been an strong emphasis on why the people of the world need the marines. One just can't trust these detestable creatures.

Don't forget, just because the people see one infamous pirate killing another, does not mean they get a detailed explanation as how/why the WG bribed one of them etc (if they did at all). They just see the world with their eyes and a filter of what they expact to see and that is - good WG/Marines - bad/untrustworthy pirates. (well, at least for the marjority of the normal people). So i think this stabbing-scenario would rather be seen in the way i described above, instead everyone of them suddenly seeing the rottenness and corruption of the WG.

(sorry if its a little hard to read, im quite sleepy )
Closed Thread