AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-12, 20:06   Link #41
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Care to expand? 'part of the job'? 'I sacrifice for you, you sacrifice for me'?

I'm not too sure what you're trying to convey here...

'Part of the Job'
for me means it's part of Jirou harem lead's job description to take crap and make himself look good, there's no such thing as a free meal and we should see this coming by now.

'I sacrifice for you, you sacrifice for me' refers to this little game of table tennis that Kanade and Subaru are playing with each other; Kanade sacrifice her happiness for Subaru, who in turn sacrifice her happiness for Kanade, and Jirou is the pin pong ball in between.
Old 2011-10-12, 20:10   Link #42
Used Can

That'd be true it Jirou liked Kanade in the same way he likes Subaru.
Old 2011-10-12, 20:14   Link #43
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Care to expand? 'part of the job'? 'I sacrifice for you, you sacrifice for me'?

I'm not too sure what you're trying to convey here...
From my impressions going off the summaries in this thread it means that they are both ignoring their feelings for jiro so the other one can be happy......

Anyway can i ask someone who read the novels to give a summary of each ch in vol9 plz, it sucks not being able to read it
Old 2011-10-12, 21:05   Link #44
larethian

Quote:
'Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba sugiru' - what's the title in English? This title looks familiar...
A more literal translation can be "Too Much Mayhem Between My Girlfriend and My Childhood Friend". The manga group chose to translate it as "Caught in the Carnage Between My Girlfriend and Childhood Friend", which I find more liberal but sounds and flows better. 3 volumes released to date under GA Bunko. Since I'm already caught up in my reading, I can spoil people to death if anyone even bothers to start an LN thread
Old 2011-10-12, 23:02   Link #45
Used Can

^Who is the Kanade-like one in that story? The main girl or the rival?

I've realised that the types of girl like her (Evangeline, C.C., Horo, Tomomi) don't seem too common, especially as protags. That's sad because I love girls like those.
Old 2011-10-12, 23:28   Link #46
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
What's Nakuru's sister's involvement in the plot?
Spoiler for Nakuru's Sister:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

'Part of the Job'
for me means it's part of Jirou harem lead's job description to take crap and make himself look good, there's no such thing as a free meal and we should see this coming by now.

'I sacrifice for you, you sacrifice for me' refers to this little game of table tennis that Kanade and Subaru are playing with each other; Kanade sacrifice her happiness for Subaru, who in turn sacrifice her happiness for Kanade, and Jirou is the pin pong ball in between.
Okay, thanks for clearing this up.

Though I have to say it's less 'I sacrifice for you, you sacrifice for me' and more 'I sacrifice for you, you sacrifice for me and we never come right out and say we want the other person to have Jirou' >.>
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
A more literal translation can be "Too Much Mayhem Between My Girlfriend and My Childhood Friend". The manga group chose to translate it as "Caught in the Carnage Between My Girlfriend and Childhood Friend", which I find more liberal but sounds and flows better. 3 volumes released to date under GA Bunko. Since I'm already caught up in my reading, I can spoil people to death if anyone even bothers to start an LN thread
Hmm ok, thought it was that... I tried reading it once, dropped it after 2-3 chapters though. It seemed a bit plain to me at the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
Anyway can i ask someone who read the novels to give a summary of each ch in vol9 plz, it sucks not being able to read it
I'll give a summary of Volume 9 if people want one, just not now (something just came up IRL...) - but I'm willing to type one out within the next 24 hours though.
Old 2011-10-12, 23:57   Link #47
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:

I'll give a summary of Volume 9 if people want one, just not now (something just came up IRL...) - but I'm willing to type one out within the next 24 hours though.
Thanks mate! im looking forward to it
Old 2011-10-13, 00:45   Link #48
larethian

Quote:
Hmm ok, thought it was that... I tried reading it once, dropped it after 2-3 chapters though. It seemed a bit plain to me at the time.
I find some chapters idiotically funny as hell. ~ Korezon level. Though a lot of jokes may be lost in translations.
Old 2011-10-13, 02:13   Link #49
Mentar
Banned

Ore no Kanojo has an awesome setup... so much potential for amusing and interesting developments. Especially Masuzu is a joy to behold ^_^ (to answer an earlier question, she's the Kanade type, just even more devious and less "benevolent in the end").

At the moment I'm almost rooting for the (simple-minded) osananajimi to throw Masuzu off her game. After all, she has still to develop any romantic interest for the guy. That should be interesting to watch. Too bad it's only monthly.
Old 2011-10-13, 05:00   Link #50
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Ore no Kanojo has an awesome setup... so much potential for amusing and interesting developments. Especially Masuzu is a joy to behold ^_^ (to answer an earlier question, she's the Kanade type, just even more devious and less "benevolent in the end").

At the moment I'm almost rooting for the (simple-minded) osananajimi to throw Masuzu off her game. After all, she has still to develop any romantic interest for the guy. That should be interesting to watch. Too bad it's only monthly.
Hmm. Looks like I REALLY should bump that thread (Ore no Kanojo ga Shuraba sugiru has a thread you know, guys.) and post my thoughts there.

So back to Mayo Chiki... hmm, can't really say much, but seems like the sequence of events is making me feel want to laugh at Kanade for some reason. A taunting one to be exact, or "laughing over someone's suffering" kind of laugh.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-10-13, 06:23   Link #51
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
So back to Mayo Chiki... hmm, can't really say much, but seems like the sequence of events is making me feel want to laugh at Kanade for some reason. A taunting one to be exact, or "laughing over someone's suffering" kind of laugh.
That's pretty mean though. Yes, Kanade has been having fun by messing with Jirou and Konoe (and particularly Usami), but in the end she always orchestrated things so that it was to their benefit. As an example, we know that her "Eloping with Jirou"-Troll was actually to enable Konoe to visit her mother's grave. Or when she freed up Jirou and sent him after Usami when she was about to do something very rash.
Old 2011-10-13, 06:25   Link #52
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
That's pretty mean though. Yes, Kanade has been having fun by messing with Jirou and Konoe (and particularly Usami), but in the end she always orchestrated things so that it was to their benefit. As an example, we know that her "Eloping with Jirou"-Troll was actually to enable Konoe to visit her mother's grave. Or when she freed up Jirou and sent him after Usami when she was about to do something very rash.
I know. I just can't stop getting amused by this...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-10-13, 06:29   Link #53
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Or when she freed up Jirou and sent him after Usami when she was about to do something very rash.
huh? what was she about to do?
Old 2011-10-13, 06:31   Link #54
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
huh? what was she about to do?
Kill herself. By jumping off the roof. The manga is more explicit on this.
Old 2011-10-13, 06:33   Link #55
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

kill herself!!?? WHY!!!!!

God i missed alot
Old 2011-10-13, 07:17   Link #56
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
kill herself!!?? WHY!!!!!

God i missed alot
the anime cut it out.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2011-10-13, 20:05   Link #57
Flere821
Lurker

Question: does people here want the entire Vol9 summary all at once, or do you want me to release it one chapter at a time so to get more discussion?
Old 2011-10-13, 20:14   Link #58
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Question: does people here want the entire Vol9 summary all at once, or do you want me to release it one chapter at a time so to get more discussion?
chapter at a time would be better.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2011-10-13, 20:44   Link #59
Flere821
Lurker

Oh, and what's the name of Nakuru's sister in English? She shows up in Chapter 4 and I don't want to refer to her as 'Nakuru's sister' all the time.
Old 2011-10-13, 22:12   Link #60
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
All at one time plz

Tags
romance, shounen