Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-02, 09:06   Link #41
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
They do? This is the first I heard of.
I'm surprised you didn't hear about it; the whole 2 new playable character (guy and girl) along with the 'Pokemon' system to fill in for the remaining party slot because the previous team's characters aren't available save from certain missions.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 09:30   Link #42
abc0716

After they announced the new Tales series would be the sequel of Xillia, I'm not really please with this announcement....

Quite disappoint with the first Xillia. Probably because of its battle system and way to get the Grade Points... (That's why I still not able to finish 1st playthrough)

Anyway, this is too early to tell whether Xillia 2 will better than its prequel or not....
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 11:38   Link #43
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Partial 6th Tales Popularity Poll Results:

Character You Would Want As A Younger Brother/Sister

Spoiler for Poll Results:

Favorite Mascot Character

Old 2012-06-02, 12:20   Link #44
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Aaaaaaand there goes most of my interest. Mainly since the first game hasn't even been localized yet.

Pretty disappointed to be honest. I was hoping to see something original and unique for this series, not a direct sequel.
Old 2012-06-02, 13:03   Link #45
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Another video showing a bit of exploration, the new option to choose between 2 possible outcomes and a few other things already shown in other videos:

Old 2012-06-02, 13:19   Link #46
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Well now, this is interesting. Kind of disappointed that it's not a completely new title and because I don't know a goddamn thing about Xillia, but I do like the premise and the design of the main character here. Could be fun.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 13:26   Link #47
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Aaaaaaand there goes most of my interest. Mainly since the first game hasn't even been localized yet.
The UK Bamco Rep has been teasing something since this morning, but it's literally just a tease at the moment. There's a decent chance that the implication is Tales of Xillia, at least in the UK, will be localized soon. And since the PS3 is region-free...

As for me, there's only two things that would make me not want to get this game at launch. First, if it gets a localization announcement (or Xillia 1 does, with implication that 2 will follow within a year), in which case I'd rather wait and enjoy it more fully. Or two, which may trump the first one regardless, is if it follows what ToS2 and FFXIII2 did, and force you into using certain characters with a monster for the last slot(s). There's nothing to even suggest this second one is a possibility other than not being shown any playable characters besides Ludger/Rudger/Roger/whatever so far, so here's hoping it won't be an issue.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 13:50   Link #48
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'd hope it's more than just teasing. Xillia is one of those games I've beeen following since the first rumors and really I want to play. And since it's PS3 it doesn't matter where it gets released either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Partial 6th Tales Popularity Poll Results:

Character You Would Want As A Younger Brother/Sister

Favorite Mascot Character

Hmm, I already have two little sisters so I'm pretty much set on that front. Still, I like Rita. But... Yuri as a younger brother sounds like it could be rather interesting.

Repede as mascot is a given.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 17:32   Link #49
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Hmm, I already have two little sisters so I'm pretty much set on that front. Still, I like Rita. But... Yuri as a younger brother sounds like it could be rather interesting.
One older Sister and younger brother for me; not exactly clamoring for a third either.

Mah, at least the polls aren't going to be a Vesperia land-slide like two years ago But I didn't think Elise would be that popular that fast.

When the main popularity poll comes out it should be interesting to see; I still predict Vesperia superiority, but strong threats coming from Xillia and maybe even Graces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Repede as mascot is a given.
Yeah apparently the Rule of Cool outweighs the Rule of Cute here
Old 2012-06-02, 21:00   Link #50
Shadow5YA

The new battle system looks interesting, but other than that... eh.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 22:49   Link #51
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
HELLZ YEAH! XILLIA 2!!!

I'm not ashamed to admit my first question is "do Jude and Mila come back?" Quite possibly. we have another chance to see that pairing get some actual conclusion, or at least maybe actually make their feelings for each other official. (Jude's feelings for Mila were pretty obvious and Mila specifically stated
Spoiler for Tales of Xillia:
After all, Loyd got some nice moments with whichever girl of ToS 1 you chose in a specific scene during ToS 2.
Old 2012-06-03, 03:05   Link #52
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
HELLZ YEAH! XILLIA 2!!!

I'm not ashamed to admit my first question is "do Jude and Mila come back?" Quite possibly. we have another chance to see that pairing get some actual conclusion, or at least maybe actually make their feelings for each other official. (Jude's feelings for Mila were pretty obvious and Mila specifically stated
Spoiler for Tales of Xillia:
After all, Loyd got some nice moments with whichever girl of ToS 1 you chose in a specific scene during ToS 2.
I agree with you. I want to see some real closure.

I wonder what will this tales deconstruct this time around.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 06:51   Link #53
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Remaining 6th Tales Popularity Poll Results:

Favorite Overall Character:

Spoiler for Results:

Ideal/Best Partners:

Spoiler for Result:

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-06-03 at 07:42.
Old 2012-06-03, 07:36   Link #54
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Milla the hottest and strongest female tales protagonist? I think so. I must say though, its very difficult to top Yuri for the number one spot.
Old 2012-06-03, 07:41   Link #55
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Milla the hottest and strongest female tales protagonist? I think so. I must say though, its very difficult to top Yuri for the number one spot.

Don't forget there's the Miyuki Sawashiro factor as well

Yeah I didn't think any of the new characters since Vesperia could dethrone Yuri just yet, but I never expected the Number 2 and 3 had such rock-solid grip on their rankings
Old 2012-06-03, 07:46   Link #56
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Don't forget there's the Miyuki Sawashiro factor as well

Yeah I didn't think any of the new characters since Vesperia could dethrone Yuri just yet, but I never expected the Number 2 and 3 had such rock-solid grip on their rankings
Yes, having Miyuki in there is always a factor for any character she does. What surprised me is how low Tear was in the rankings.
Old 2012-06-03, 07:50   Link #57
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Yes, having Miyuki in there is always a factor for any character she does. What surprised me is how low Tear was in the rankings.
Mah despite the Yukana-factor Abyss was some time ago, and unlike the male characters, female characters don't really stand the test of time.

Another example is Colette, who despite channeling the best of Mizuki Nana, falls very far down the list
Old 2012-06-03, 07:54   Link #58
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Generally speaking, the sheer domination of fangirls is a huge factor for that. Also, unless a female character is headstrong or quite quirky, they don't exactly remain on top in Tales poll.

Tear, Colette and Estelle are nice and all, but "bland" to be blunt, which is a far cry from Milla who is a full fledged "lead character" (and before you ask, my favorite female characters in ToS and ToV are actually Colette and Estelle, so the bland mention isn't exactly my thoughts but heh).
Old 2012-06-03, 08:01   Link #59
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Generally speaking, the sheer domination of fangirls is a huge factor for that. Also, unless a female character is headstrong or quite quirky, they don't exactly remain on top in Tales poll.
Actually not only the girls, but the more popular guys tend to be the funny-troll characters... To be exactly, the funny-trollish-middle-age-ish guy character

Which seems to be alot easier to achieve than 'badass' Anti-hero and with more staying power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Tear, Colette and Estelle are nice and all, but "bland" to be blunt, which is a far cry from Milla who is a full fledged "lead character" (and before you ask, my favorite female characters in ToS and ToV are actually Colette and Estelle, so the bland mention isn't exactly my thoughts but heh).
You mean quite literally, Nice Girls don't get far

But then again, there's Cheria climbing up to be the Third Popular Female Character...
Old 2012-06-03, 08:54   Link #60
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Remaining 6th Tales Popularity Poll Results:

Favorite Overall Character:

Spoiler for Results:

Ideal/Best Partners:

Spoiler for Result: