Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2013-01-02, 20:52   Link #9321
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
If another school shooting happens in Connecticut who do they blame next?
Another scape goat.
It easier to attack easy target than to look seriously to the root of issue, plus it give some fast satisfaction. Of course the problem is still the same.
Old 2013-01-02, 20:58   Link #9322
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

As more and more games are sold online with no physical copy they will have a harder time with that one.
Old 2013-01-02, 21:04   Link #9323
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Probably Nerf guns, those foam dart toys if not, maybe they'll blame Spongebob, I don't know, this isn't the time for a blame game, they all should spend their time learning from this incident, such as locking up your guns and not giving the key to anyone but yourself.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 21:17   Link #9324
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

The mystery we must solve is how did these kids get all these violent games in the first place? There is no way these responsible parents would buy these kids game, right?

Quote:
Connecticut's infamous weapon industries?
Old 2013-01-03, 02:04   Link #9325
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Another scape goat.
It easier to attack easy target than to look seriously to the root of issue, plus it give some fast satisfaction. Of course the problem is still the same.
No, they're not that imaginative. They'll use the same scape goat.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 02:26   Link #9326
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Maybe they shouldn't sell violent content to minors? idk just a thought. Looking back when I was a kid (90's early 2000's) rated M games was a HUGE NONO! When you see Rated R or Rated M. That was like super bad, and for mommy, daddy and older people eyes only! Now its like what ever to kids. Regardless I feel as though they try to enforce more censorship in today medias that is targeted for kids-pre-teens then ever.. I remember watching normal 90's shows (e.g. Ren and Stimpy, Batman: The Animated Series Joker kills like 3 people, and basicly 90% of the shows) that had little censorship or whatever, and in present time these shows would be very unsuitable for morning/afternoon airing. And you would see these 90's type shows only on those night programming like Adult swim.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 05:13   Link #9327
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afternoon Tea View Post
Maybe they shouldn't sell violent content to minors? idk just a thought. Looking back when I was a kid (90's early 2000's) rated M games was a HUGE NONO! When you see Rated R or Rated M. That was like super bad, and for mommy, daddy and older people eyes only! Now its like what ever to kids. Regardless I feel as though they try to enforce more censorship in today medias that is targeted for kids-pre-teens then ever.. I remember watching normal 90's shows (e.g. Ren and Stimpy, Batman: The Animated Series Joker kills like 3 people, and basicly 90% of the shows) that had little censorship or whatever, and in present time these shows would be very unsuitable for morning/afternoon airing. And you would see these 90's type shows only on those night programming like Adult swim.
It'd be no different from bubble-wrapping them. The thing is about answering the questions that arises - to the kids, such content is out of the world, and whatever the parents do, they have to answer them, not to tell them to "stop asking questions".

Or at least let them go to the library. My parents are not the kind that were entertaining on questions with regards to morality and ethics, or traditionally taboo Asian topics (like sex, violence, etc), so I went to the library during weekends to find the answers myself. I don't know if they did that on purpose, or they were English-illiterate (I do remember borrowing books on sex-ed back when I was around 7-8), they didn't mind whatever book I borrowed or read.) 15 years down the road I realised that it did much more good to me than harm, sure I sounded "arrogant" in front of others because I was regurgiating whatever I have read and remembered from those books (studies have shown that whatever you have learnt/understood as a child before 10 is very likely to follow you for the rest of your life - in the exact same way you are taught or advised), at least there is the automatic "to the library/internet!" lightbulb moment when faced with something I don't know, instead of standing there like looking like an idiot.

A married friend with kids told me : "If you have problems thinking up of a concise and pertinent answer to your kids' questions, you should feel sorry for yourself for passing your bad genes down to them. Stupid has no medicine." It is certainly harsh, however I think his intention certainly has a point. *

* - This guy has 2 "mentally handicapped" kids, a boy with severe ADHD and a girl with dyspraxia and mild Aspergers. Maybe his experience made him think like that.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 11:45   Link #9328
willx
Nyaaan~~

American McGee Is Out Of Money, Wants Your $200,000 To Finish His Game

Game designer American McGee—best known for designing the horror game Alice and its sequel, Alice: Madness Returns—has run out of money.

He and his studio Spicy Horse have been working on a game called Akaneiro for the past year-and-a-half. It's a free-to-play action-role-playing game set in ancient Japan that tells a twisted version of Red Riding Hood. It's on a bunch of platforms—PC, Mac, mobile, tablets—and it looks pretty good, too.

c/o Kotaku - http://kotaku.com/5973126/american-m...inish-his-game
Old 2013-01-04, 12:44   Link #9329
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

where did the money form Alice go?
Old 2013-01-04, 12:48   Link #9330
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

France's Brigitte Bardot threatens exile over elephants
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
Is it me or she's even more ridiculous than usual ?
Old 2013-01-04, 14:30   Link #9331
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Taiwan UFO Group Investigates 'Transparent Alien' Photo

Quote:
A UFO group in Taiwan is asking for expert help to authenticate a photo of a "transparent alien" walking along a remote country road. What is it?

The photo, taken by a policeman in Taiwan's Taitung County in early December, shows a ghostly, see-through figure walking in the distance. The figure is human-shaped, stooped, extremely tall and, when enlarged, appears to be transparent.
http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.a...81474981832951

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the game not making money

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 18:22   Link #9332
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Electronic Arts, the first of the four horsemen of the gaming apocalypse (Activision is the second, Ubisoft the third, Jury's still out on the forth).
Old 2013-01-04, 21:29   Link #9333
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Wealthy Indian spends £14,000 on a shirt made of GOLD to impress the ladies

Quote:
It is often said that money can't buy love.
But trying telling that to a wealthy Indian man who splashed out £14,000 on a solid gold shirt in the hope it will attract female attention.
Money-lender Datta Phuge 32, from Pimpri-Chinchwad, commissioned the shirt which took a team of 15 goldsmiths two weeks to make working 16 hours a day creating and weaving the gold threads.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2H435VdzR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Old 2013-01-04, 21:31   Link #9334
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That's more gold than Mr. T use to wear.

Be better if it was mithril
Old 2013-01-04, 23:59   Link #9335
AnimeFan188

NASA’s Curiosity rover finds ‘flower’ on surface of Mars:

"NASA has released a series of new photos taken by its Curiosity rover that
appear to show a “flower” on the surface of Mars.

NBCNews.com’s photo blog reports that the photos were taken as part of an
effort to capture 360-degree images during Curiosity’s trek through Mars’
Yellowknife Bay.

New Jersey-based journalist and photographer Ken Kramer has assembled the
Curiosity photographs, adding color to give a realistic view of what the rover is
seeing on the planet’s surface.

But what has really caught people’s attention is a raw image from NASA’s photo
feed that one reader on Above Top Secret has called a “Martian flower.” On the
posting, the commenter going by the name “Arken,” writes: “The Albedo (or
Reflectivity of Sun Light) of this object is very high, and its translucent
appearance, the irregular conformation (like pistils) and the 'texture' of its wider
areas is smooth, and seem that it is ground attached. This is the SECOND
TRANSLUCENT ANOMALY detected by Curiosity in Gale Crater.”"

See:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...220649001.html
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 22:37   Link #9336
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Researcher: World of Warcaft players make better employees

Quote:
Playing World of Warcraft will make a person a better employee in the corporate world, according to digital culture researcher John Seely Brown. Speaking in a new Big Think YouTube video, Brown said he would rather hire a high-level World of Warcraft player than an MBA student from Harvard.

"To understand these massive multiplayer games like World of Warcraft, do not think about it as just game play, but look at the social life on the edge of the game," Brown said.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/researc...loyees-6402039

Old 2013-01-05, 23:14   Link #9337
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Actually they make worse employees - all gamers do.

Why? Gamers of MMOs know how to develop something called "long-term plans" and "contingencies", thus they do not know how to "keep their mouth shut". Most fresh grads know nothing so they "know how to keep quiet".

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 02:33   Link #9338
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Does that mean I would start adding Level 90 Warlock to my resume. Or do they just want raiders in epics.
Old 2013-01-06, 03:13   Link #9339
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

If you lead a guild of hundreds of players, you should definitely put that. (And a link toward that guy's research...)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 05:40   Link #9340
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Father Hires In-Game “Hitmen” To Deter Son From Playing

Quote:
Sick and tired of his son playing video games and not listening to him, a father in China decided to take matters into his own hands... well, sort of. Instead of sending his son off to addiction camp or stripping him of internet and gaming rights, Mr. Feng (冯先生) chose to hire an online "hitman" to school his son.

Feng's 23 year-old son, "Xiao Feng" (小冯) started playing video games in high school. Through his years of playing various online games, he supposedly thought himself a master of Chinese online role playing games. According to his father, Xiao Feng had terrible grades in school because of his gaming habit; he couldn't even land a job. He, however, says he simply couldn't find any work that he liked. Feng was annoyed that his son couldn't even tough it out for three months at a software development company.
http://kotaku.com/5972406/father-hir...n-from-playing

Tags
humor