Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-12, 01:34   Link #261
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
The actor for Eiji/Age is pretty new as well, isn't he? ANN's only other listed credit for him is one of the main characters in Bokura ga Ita. I think his inexperience is somewhat apparent as well at this point, although he does great at conveying Eiji's endearing innocence. Honestly, though, I could listen to princess' voice all day.
Hey, thanks for pointing out that Yazaki Hiroshi was the main guy Yano in Bokura ga Ita, which I thought was first-rate, maybe better than KareKano in its genre. He's inexperienced as a seiyuu, but has acted on stage and in film. He hasn't made much impression on me here , but I like the princess's 17-year-old seiyuu, too.

I wasn't as interested by the second ep as the first, but I'll keep watching for at least a while. Eiji's wild bounding around somehow reminded me of Douglas Fairbanks in silent films. Not sure why.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 03:34   Link #262
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
No Hercules is a great guy, he was just randomly assigned the tasks. Haven't you seen the disney movie.

Does anyone know the length yet. I'd be interested to learn if its longer than 12 episodes and by that deduction they might add in some more heroes such as Perseus, Achilles or Jason.
Couldn't tell if you're joking or not. The real Heracles sure as hell didn't do all those stunts in the Disney movie to prove himself to be a true hero.

I wouldn't mind it too much if Belcross goes on a raging massacre like just Heracles did in the legends, but I sure don't want to see him making love to 50 women in one night. :P

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 09:31   Link #263
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

Or for that matter make love to his best male friends. Hey, being bisexual was the macho thing in ancient times.

No I don't see Age doing this.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 10:32   Link #264
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

I wouldn't mind it too much if Belcross goes on a raging massacre like just Heracles did in the legends, but I sure don't want to see him making love to 50 women in one night. :P
Speak for yourself it would be a nice change for the Champion of the Human race to get some sort of special perks
Old 2007-04-12, 13:04   Link #265
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Couldn't tell if you're joking or not. The real Heracles sure as hell didn't do all those stunts in the Disney movie to prove himself to be a true hero.

No but he sure as hell did have Hera pluck the sanity from his mind and kill his family in a fit of blind rage and then complete 12 labours as penance for his crime including having to clean a stable of horse manure that had never been cleaned in a very short period of time. Gotta love Greek Mythology for its impressive lack of the Mens Rea.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 21:05   Link #266
Codex

So ... help me get the "contract" idea correct in my mind.

1. The Tribe of Heroes is individually punished by the Tribe of Gold, with the 12 Labours
2. Humans as a race had already drawn up their own 12 Labours in the contract prior to meeting Age.
3. Age is somehow aware of the presence of the contract (probably was told by the Tribe) and accepts it as contractee (due to his Nodos), with Deianeira as the contractor.

Is that it?

I must say though, even though the creators don't bother to create parallels with the original tasks, they're pretty much all herculean labours ^_^;.
Codex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 01:31   Link #267
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codex View Post
1. The Tribe of Heroes is individually punished by the Tribe of Gold, with the 12 Labours
Well, they were already punished by the Gold Tribe by having their race reduced to only five members, four of which were eventually enslaved by the Silver Race...
Well, one might see this contract as an additional penance, though...
Quote:
2. Humans as a race had already drawn up their own 12 Labours in the contract prior to meeting Age.
It seems that it was the Gold Tribe that drew the contract for Age - and the Iron Tribe knew of it through a prophecy handed down by those divine beings. And they could only agree (well, the 12 clauses were extremely advantageous to them already) to the terms since they were already in a dire situation.
Quote:
3. Age is somehow aware of the presence of the contract (probably was told by the Tribe) and accepts it as contractee (due to his Nodos), with Deianeira as the contractor.
That seems the case. The Gold race seems to favor the Iron Tribe - the underdog of the competition - but somehow leaves it to them to accomplish the whole thing. From my point of view, they're trying to create a gigantic tournament...I'm not sure for what purpose. Find a replacement for them since they're heading for a different world?
Quote:
Ah, Heracles' infamous thirteenth labour...he could always begin with Deianeira's den of females, but I doubt they'd be willing to get manhandled by a monkey-like boy...
Quote:
Or for that matter make love to his best male friends. Hey, being bisexual was the macho thing in ancient times.
Well, it's certain that their idea of romance and love were...particular during those times. Heck, at one time, Heracles even gave his wife (it wasn't Deianeira at that time, though) to his companion-in-arms...who happened to be...Iolaus.
Anyway, I only see that guy as someone who'll constantly doubt Age or even resent the growing relationship (I'm not even considering romantic relationships yet) between his queen and that "monkey".
He'll have ulcers, haemorrhoids and a nervous breakdown before that comes to be.

Also, I'm not sure about the spelling, but that silver race, guy...according to the site, he's called Phaeton, right? Since I couldn't copy-and-paste the kanji, I just looked for the profile pic (which bore the name 'paeto')...and 'Phaeton' is the only Greek name I could think of...that of Helios' beloved son who nearly scorched the Earth by driving his father's chariot too close to the ground and was eventually struck down by Zeus' lightning.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-04-13 at 01:50.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 06:58   Link #268
ricerocket

has it occured to any of you that the gold tribe might have given different labors to different races? maybe they told every tribe to eliminate the others to basically start the war
ricerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 10:01   Link #269
ccardoso
Banned

I don't understand why the Silver Tribe wants to exterminate the Iron Tribe: the Bronze Tribe was enslaved by the Silver Tribe and that makes sense, but why can't Silver and Iron tribe make an agreement like "you have these star systems, stay there and we'll leave you alone".
I suspect that the Silver Tribe has superiority complexes like "we are superior beings, the only ones with the right to exist in this universe." and, unless you become their slaves, you can only die.
The four Nodoss under the control of Silver Tribe may be due to the fact that they defeated them, not that the Gold Tribe gave them to the Silver Tribe. I mean: what's the point in giving four Nodoss to an already superior Tribe if you give one Nodoss to the Iron Tribe, who are inferior to the Silver Tribe for sure, to defend themselves from the Silver Tribe to begin with? That's non-sense and so I think that the four Nodoss under the Silver Tribe control may have beem defeated by the Silver Tribe itself.
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 10:50   Link #270
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Well, they were already punished by the Gold Tribe by having their race reduced to only five members, four of which were eventually enslaved by the Silver Race...
Well, one might see this contract as an additional penance, though...It seems that it was the Gold Tribe that drew the contract for Age - and the Iron Tribe knew of it through a prophecy handed down by those divine beings. And they could only agree (well, the 12 clauses were extremely advantageous to them already) to the terms since they were already in a dire situation.
That seems the case. The Gold race seems to favor the Iron Tribe - the underdog of the competition - but somehow leaves it to them to accomplish the whole thing. From my point of view, they're trying to create a gigantic tournament...I'm not sure for what purpose. Find a replacement for them since they're heading for a different world?
Ah, Heracles' infamous thirteenth labour...he could always begin with Deianeira's den of females, but I doubt they'd be willing to get manhandled by a monkey-like boy...
Well, it's certain that their idea of romance and love were...particular during those times. Heck, at one time, Heracles even gave his wife (it wasn't Deianeira at that time, though) to his companion-in-arms...who happened to be...Iolaus.
Anyway, I only see that guy as someone who'll constantly doubt Age or even resent the growing relationship (I'm not even considering romantic relationships yet) between his queen and that "monkey".
He'll have ulcers, haemorrhoids and a nervous breakdown before that comes to be.

Also, I'm not sure about the spelling, but that silver race, guy...according to the site, he's called Phaeton, right? Since I couldn't copy-and-paste the kanji, I just looked for the profile pic (which bore the name 'paeto')...and 'Phaeton' is the only Greek name I could think of...that of Helios' beloved son who nearly scorched the Earth by driving his father's chariot too close to the ground and was eventually struck down by Zeus' lightning.
I think you guys are drawing too many direct comparisons to Hercules' 12 labors.

If I've read the official site correctly, the conditions of the contract are up to each race; the only thing the Gold Race stipulated was the number of conditions on the contract. For humanity, or the Iron Race, the number was 12.

The Sliver Race guy's name is Paetou Ou.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 10:56   Link #271
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrex_japan View Post
I think you guys are drawing too many direct comparisons to Hercules' 12 labors.

If I've read the official site correctly, the conditions of the contract are up to each race; the only thing the Gold Race stipulated was the number of conditions on the contract. For humanity, or the Iron Race, the number was 12.

The Sliver Race guy's name is Paetou Ou.
sigh

I hate the human race already.
Old 2007-04-13, 13:05   Link #272
ccardoso
Banned

I've found the 12 conditions of the contract on a blog:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-13, 14:37   Link #273
Codex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Well, one might see this contract as an additional penance, though...It seems that it was the Gold Tribe that drew the contract for Age - and the Iron Tribe knew of it through a prophecy handed down by those divine beings. And they could only agree (well, the 12 clauses were extremely advantageous to them already) to the terms since they were already in a dire situation.
But ...

Why would the Gold Tribe punish the Heroic Tribe for starting an interstellar war -- then go and exacerbate the situation by making absolute conquest the 12 Labours for the Iron Tribe's contractee? Certainly, the contract doesn't specify that the other races need to be destroyed, merely defeated and conquered. Still, it's the sort of ambition to drown the universe in the flames of war.

Although, I do admit that some of the clauses -- like gaining the powers of the Gold Tribe -- seem too grasping to have originated from humans themselves, seeing how much awe they hold for the Gold Tribe.

In any case ... does it say straight out what the punishment to the Hero Tribe actually was? Couldn't the remaining four also be under their own contracts with the Silver Tribe, as part of their penance? I mean, the Gold Tribe would have been committing near genocide if they were responsible for wiping out the Hero Tribe minus that 5.

EDIT:
Quote:
Ah, that sounds a bit better.
Codex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 19:11   Link #274
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I don't think the Heroic Tribe was punished by the Golden Tribe, atleast nowhere was stated so. It's still a speculation so far.

We were never given how many Heroic tribe there is so far, it's possible that those 5 being were the only member of that tribe to begin with. (They are a different race afterall, their social structure can be very different from what we thought to be)
Old 2007-04-14, 06:34   Link #275
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
I've found the 12 conditions of the contract on a blog:
Spoiler:
Looks like it was lifted off my blog. ^_~
Old 2007-04-14, 07:30   Link #276
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Looks like it was lifted off my blog. ^_~
Did I say I wrote that myself? It's quite ridicolus how people are obsessed with copyright on things they haven't any rights whatsover...
Old 2007-04-14, 07:42   Link #277
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Did I say I wrote that myself? It's quite ridicolus how people are obsessed with copyright on things they haven't any rights whatsover...
Touchy, aren't we? wrex was probably just stating a fact.

Ahh...Somehow I feel that humans always get the flak in these kind of scenarios. Is this supposed to be some kind of representation on our warring tendencies or our obsession with being the superior race?
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 08:50   Link #278
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
Touchy, aren't we? wrex was probably just stating a fact.
Ok I'll give him the oscar for the best blog of the year then.

Quote:
Ahh...Somehow I feel that humans always get the flak in these kind of scenarios. Is this supposed to be some kind of representation on our warring tendencies or our obsession with being the superior race?
Humans are racist bastards: I didn't think that the 12 points of the agreement were this. I thought they were much more centred on humankind's survival. Well I was totally wrong. I hope Iron Tribe gets annihilated!
Ah and I'm very curious about how much power they have: I mean if they have only that crappy ship then they want to create stars? LOL they should suicide themselves!
Old 2007-04-14, 09:01   Link #279
wrex_japan

Quote:
Ok I'll give him the oscar for the best blog of the year then.

Humans are racist bastards: I didn't think that the 12 points of the agreement were this. I thought they were much more centred on humankind's survival. Well I was totally wrong. I hope Iron Tribe gets annihilated!
Ah and I'm very curious about how much power they have: I mean if they have only that crappy ship then they want to create stars? LOL they should suicide themselves!
Hey, I put in a wink to show I wasn't being serious. And I don't claim any copyrights whatsoever either. However, it would be good courtesy to show where things came from (after all, I put in a lot of hard work getting as much information as possible).

Anyway, I agree partly to what you said about the 12 conditions of the contract... it was quite alarming to see the domination humans expected... but to be fair, humans are on the brink of extinction thanks to the hands of the Silver Race, and who knows what conditions they have on their contracts with their Nodosses.
Old 2007-04-14, 09:02   Link #280
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

One wonders who came up with the Iron Tribe's conditions, anyway. The princess' ancestors? It's surprising to me that everyone seems agreed on them at this point, but that's humanity for you, I guess...

I like the absurdity of the 12 labors, though. It definitely adds to the ambiguity of the show, instead of casting the Iron Tribe as the blameless underdog heroes.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, science fiction