AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-08-12, 10:56   Link #30521
Providenceangle

Well I have the "I can't stop buying gunpla" affliction. So I never get to finish old kits... I'm doing a waist mod. The stock hips and such are way to wide and ugly. I'm trying to make it more like the anime... If I ever bother.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 11:34   Link #30522
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
Well I have the "I can't stop buying gunpla" affliction. So I never get to finish old kits... I'm doing a waist mod. The stock hips and such are way to wide and ugly. I'm trying to make it more like the anime... If I ever bother.
That's something I've worried about and still do. I have a tendency to buy everything in a series. That's why I restrict myself to MGs only so that it's not as likely I go buying everything. If I did, then I'd probably end up getting like SDs, HGs, and MGs...

Old 2013-08-12, 11:44   Link #30523
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
That's something I've worried about and still do. I have a tendency to buy everything in a series. That's why I restrict myself to MGs only so that it's not as likely I go buying everything. If I did, then I'd probably end up getting like SDs, HGs, and MGs...

The mgs tend to have better proportions, gimmicks, colour apps. Without a doubt. I still have a huge love to HGs, NGs too. I love gunpla period. Not all releases *coughgoldunicorncough*, or all suits *coughprovidencegundamcough*.

It's just impossible not to buy cool ass gundams. How can you resist??
Old 2013-08-12, 11:59   Link #30524
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
The mgs tend to have better proportions, gimmicks, colour apps. Without a doubt. I still have a huge love to HGs, NGs too. I love gunpla period. Not all releases *coughgoldunicorncough*, or all suits *coughprovidencegundamcough*.

It's just impossible not to buy cool ass gundams. How can you resist??
How can I resist?

Easy. This is my logic when I decide to buying GunPla and related items. I consider these inquiries.

1. Is it a MG from a series that I like?
2. Is it a lead from a series that I like?
3. Can I purchase it and afford to do so?
4. How many variations of that suit is in the series and how many are in MG form?
5. How much more space do I have in my room?

It's hard. I know. Like sometimes I have a lot of money in my bank and I could just splurge and get a whole bunch of kits at once, but I often top out, and keep myself restricted to just Master Grades from Gundam 00, Age, Wing, Seed/Seed Destiny, and if we get X, then I will get the MG's from X.
Old 2013-08-12, 13:19   Link #30525
Providenceangle

Quote:
How can I resist?

Easy. This is my logic when I decide to buying GunPla and related items. I consider these inquiries.

1. Is it a MG from a series that I like?
2. Is it a lead from a series that I like?
3. Can I purchase it and afford to do so?
4. How many variations of that suit is in the series and how many are in MG form?
5. How much more space do I have in my room?

It's hard. I know. Like sometimes I have a lot of money in my bank and I could just splurge and get a whole bunch of kits at once, but I often top out, and keep myself restricted to just Master Grades from Gundam 00, Age, Wing, Seed/Seed Destiny, and if we get X, then I will get the MG's from X.
It's called a figure of speech. I honestly don't care how you're "grand" scheme of gunpla works. Anyone who's ever read through this thread, knows exactly what you'll say. Because you always say the same thing...
Old 2013-08-12, 17:13   Link #30526
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
I have to agree with Znozzy. Unless it fell somewhere you can't get it,(down an air return vent or something) you should look as hard as you can.

Now as for replacement parts... You either have to find a 3rd party that can order from bandai(they don't ship internationally), or buy a new kit. Obelisk did offer a good alternative though. knock off kits might be a solution.

Can you post the picture of what is missing? I'm curious, if it could be fixed, in the worst case.
Sorry for the late reply, I was at work and couldn't post a picture, but here it is.
Spoiler for size:
Old 2013-08-12, 17:23   Link #30527
Skye629

Quote:
I'll use the MG to show the differences:

Now if I were to mod a RG, which one looks more like the Impulse?
Upon closer inspection, I stand corrected ^^

Quote:
Recently I've gotten everything from the hole plates for shoulders, poly caps. All from the new seed MGs. I never toss away any of that stuff so.. I'm kind of a gundam packrat lol

At least I tossed away the runners. I had like 40 kits worth of runners...
Do you just trash the runners or are there places where you can recycle them? (I would highly prefer recycling to trashing) All the boxes and runners for me are becoming a space problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Man, you provided a picture, so i have to aswell. i even have a box full of polycaps/hands and small pieces (hip joints, arms, etc) that i didn't take a picture of, it has everything from C-polycaps to gotidontknow-what-these-pieces-are-for in it, it's nice, if something breaks, i pretty much have replacements for everything, i giggled a bit to see that your Arios was in the box aswell, so is mine. lol

And I thought my box under the bed was a mess.........

Quote:
Then please at least spare us from your asking about which HG kits/lines you should get.......
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 18:52   Link #30528
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Upon closer inspection, I stand corrected ^^

Do you just trash the runners or are there places where you can recycle them? (I would highly prefer recycling to trashing) All the boxes and runners for me are becoming a space problem

And I thought my box under the bed was a mess.........
I live in a city with over 500,000 people. You have to recycle here. Even food waste is recycled.

Gundam is the one guilty pleasure I have. I don't like plastic, what it does to the environment, but I can't live without. I do what I can to prevent needless waste.
Old 2013-08-12, 19:10   Link #30529
Skye629

Quote:
I live in a city with over 500,000 people. You have to recycle here. Even food waste is recycled.

Gundam is the one guilty pleasure I have. I don't like plastic, what it does to the environment, but I can't live without. I do what I can to prevent needless waste.
Where can I go to recycle runners?
Old 2013-08-12, 19:28   Link #30530
Providenceangle

Quote:
I donno. I just put them in a bin outside my house and they recycle them lol. Look up local recycle centers, if they don't do local pickup.
Old 2013-08-12, 19:35   Link #30531
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Cut them up, use them to fix joints, Gunpla-RECYCLE.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 09:34   Link #30532
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
fully loaded RG Super Gundam
Spoiler:

bought new stand

works very well with the Thrones

Spoiler:
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 10:27   Link #30533
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Just paid off in full and pre-ordered my next batch of MGs!
Strike Rouge Ootori, Age-2 Normal Special Forces (online exclusive), and MG Age-1 Normal Unit 2 (online exclusive)!!

Muahahahahah

* UPDATE *

Yes or no on MG GN-X.
It's the only 00 MG I don't have.

Last edited by suiton629; 2013-08-13 at 22:26.
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 02:25   Link #30534
Skye629

@Znozzy: But the amount of runners I have far exceeds what I would need for simple repairs :P and If I DID need that much a better option would be to start learning how to use pla-plate

On another topic ppl:

What 0083 HGUC you think would go best WITH the HGUC Gerbera Tetra?

Im considering these HGUC's:

Gelgoog Marine
Gelgoog Marince Cmdr. Type (Cima colors)
Rick Dom
Zaku F2 Zeon colors

Leaning most towards the normal Gelgoog Marine (prefer Cima's design, but highly prefer the mass produced colors) and Zaku F2 (because well...its a Zaku.....)

Im going to order 1-2 from these 4 to go with the Gerbera Tetra along with the RG GP-01Fb and HGUC GM Custom and maybe the GP-03 (once I saved up enough of course)

Note: GP-02 is off the list (bro got dibs on it) as well as the Dendrobium (way too expensive and big lol)

EDIT: Maybe I might consider the Shin Matsunaga Zaku...but then again its not 0083....

Last edited by Skye629; 2013-08-14 at 03:00.
Old 2013-08-14, 07:25   Link #30535
Providenceangle

Quote:
@Znozzy: But the amount of runners I have far exceeds what I would need for simple repairs :P and If I DID need that much a better option would be to start learning how to use pla-plate

On another topic ppl:

What 0083 HGUC you think would go best WITH the HGUC Gerbera Tetra?

Im considering these HGUC's:

Gelgoog Marine
Gelgoog Marince Cmdr. Type (Cima colors)
Rick Dom
Zaku F2 Zeon colors

Leaning most towards the normal Gelgoog Marine (prefer Cima's design, but highly prefer the mass produced colors) and Zaku F2 (because well...its a Zaku.....)

Im going to order 1-2 from these 4 to go with the Gerbera Tetra along with the RG GP-01Fb and HGUC GM Custom and maybe the GP-03 (once I saved up enough of course)

Note: GP-02 is off the list (bro got dibs on it) as well as the Dendrobium (way too expensive and big lol)

EDIT: Maybe I might consider the Shin Matsunaga Zaku...but then again its not 0083....
lol For a minute I read "rick dom" as "rick dias". Here I was thinking in my head..."Wasn't 83 too early for the Rick Dias?" lol

I say the Zaku. Just my personal opinion.

HGUC GM custom is awesome! One of my favorite kits. Well worth the money, plus it's got really good articulation for what it is. almost 180 degree bends in the arms and legs. The waist is kinda lack luster though... Typical HG I should say. It gets the job done.
Old 2013-08-15, 14:18   Link #30536
Providenceangle

http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2013/08...unit-high.html

So yeah full reissue of these kits. Pretty cool. What's going to happen to fools on ebay trying to get $100USD a kit? lol

Maybe I'll pick some up and do some detailed articulation/proportion mods.
Old 2013-08-15, 14:46   Link #30537
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2013/08...unit-high.html

So yeah full reissue of these kits. Pretty cool. What's going to happen to fools on ebay trying to get $100USD a kit? lol

Maybe I'll pick some up and do some detailed articulation/proportion mods.
What's gonna happen is that now they're gonna be pissed off.
It's a good thing I only go for MGs.

Though I'm wondering what Bandai is thinking by re-releasing these guys after such a long time. Is this Bandai's way of saying that 2014 will be a year full of Wing?
Old 2013-08-16, 02:02   Link #30538
Skye629

Quote:

Though I'm wondering what Bandai is thinking by re-releasing these guys after such a long time. Is this Bandai's way of saying that 2014 will be a year full of Wing?
Contrary to your statement I can hear your wallet weeping about your MG preferences :P

The re-release is more likely than not just a simple attempt to draw more attention to these rather obscure mechs and their models. Im a wing fan but I didn't even know about them till posts for their models came up on here
Old 2013-08-16, 07:05   Link #30539
Providenceangle

Quote:

They can still try and lay claim to, original release. So that's why they could charge 100 per unopened kit.

I really doubt it's going to be a year of wing...
Old 2013-08-16, 07:28   Link #30540
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Actually, I was kinda surprised that my post about my HG Aesculapius somewhat became a foreshadowing of these re-issues (at least in this thread). A little bit disappointed too coz this means Bandai won't make them into the modern HGAC. Anyway, I hope they’re still cheap .

Oh btw, all of them are unique, but to me, Aescu & Griepe are the coolest. So, for those who are a bit picky, just grab those two at least ^^.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy