AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-01-28, 06:54   Link #12201
Raging Heart
Lightning Devil

Send a message via MSN to Raging Heart
ok Crossing Hearts part II done.

here a link for about 'Crossing Hearts.', the character and part I.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12194

Spoiler for Crossing Hearts Part Two:

enjoy reading it and tell me what you think.
Old 2009-01-28, 08:43   Link #12202
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Then go write some fics on our genius Librarian. He's officially helping Nanoha raise Vivio, so there's canon stuff about it too. Go! Vivio needs a daddy! :3
I actually have a small plot bunny that includes Yuuno-papa, but it was a NanoFate story.

The weird thing about Yuuno is that at the end of StrikerS ( yeah I've watched the credits) Yuuno was blatantly helping Nanoha raise Vivio while Fate was away... But at the same time, I've never even seen Vivio interact with Yuuno besides that, so it's hard to get a good grasp of Yuuno-papa after seeing so much Fate-mama. Not that I wouldn't put them together, but I think if I were to do another Yuunoha I would probably leave Vivio out in some way.

Besides, I like writing about 14-18 year old Vivio the most :3

But hmmmm.... I may try the bunny I've been thinking about. School today so I probably won't be able to post it until tomorrow sometime, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeath93 View Post
erm...sorry but can someone please post all the parts of Vampire!Fate, I want to re-read it but somehow to lazy to found (and it's not easy to found too), erm... I mean no offense!
PS: i'm not a new member but too lazy to post anything eheheh, so hello everybody!
www.fanfiction.net/~Satashi
That has up to the first special. After that, you'll just have to search the forums. I can't pull up my wordpad containing them all till my computer gets fixed. *really needs to get on that*
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 08:59   Link #12203
BPHaru

Quote:
I'm just a tad surprised at the lack of Ultimate Combo fics. After all, it has the best of both worlds.
The best of both worlds?
I LOL'd
Nanoha is more manlier than Yuuno. He lacks of the characteristics for a male lead. If you want to pair them successfully with a male you will have better luck with someone with the characteristics of Chrono or Vice.
Also, love doesn't work that way. If they're already in love with each other they won't need more people to be happy.

Quote:
hen go write some fics on our genius Librarian. He's officially helping Nanoha raise Vivio, so there's canon stuff about it too. Go! Vivio needs a daddy! :3
Nice one there Kero-chan, you always says that same thing as if he's doing something more than the rest of their friends besides of teaching her some magic at the library, when has been said that all of them are looking after Vivio and Nanoha since she's busy at work and Fate working away.

Remember that in Japan no one will be as skeptical as you about our happy family's relationship, and instead of putting it in doubt like you, they will wonder who's the papa. And the answer is: Fate is the daddy, but Nanoha is still the seme xD

I hope the writer takes Nana-chan and Yukarin's suggestions for the next season, that would be a WIN. They should be the directors xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulliMike23 View Post
I'll be honest with you folks. I never really thought much of yuri except with a perverted mind. But it wasn't until I read a few Negima fanfics containing KonoSetsu that got me hooked. Now in all honesty, I see no reason not to write NanoFate stories. I mean, the two are very close and the hints in StrikerS leads me to believe that it's unofficially canon. Still, if others feel the need to write different pairings, all the power to them.

But it won't stop me from writing any nanofate stories I may have in the wings. Others may not like it but that doesn't mean that it'll stop me.
NanoFate may be unofficially or officially canon, but such things don't matter since the people love them and assumes them as a couple. People not liking NanoFate? There is no way that's possible xD The same people from this forum will keep saying that they not want it, but NanoFate is getting more popular around the world by each day passing. So please, if you have something to write, do it and post it in ff.net if you're confident enough ^^

@Sa-nyan: Will that fic be NanoFate then, even if you're going to put Yuuno?

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 09:11   Link #12204
thedeath93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post

www.fanfiction.net/~Satashi
That has up to the first special. After that, you'll just have to search the forums. I can't pull up my wordpad containing them all till my computer gets fixed. *really needs to get on that*
So I still have to search *sigh*, anyway thanks Satashi-san
thedeath93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 10:08   Link #12205
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
marksellus is still missing...

I hope she's okay, I'd miss her
Finals E_R Finals. If her life's anything like mine right now she's been studying like mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
The best of both worlds?
I LOL'd
Nanoha is more manlier than Yuuno. He lacks of the characteristics for a male lead. If you want to pair them successfully with a male you will have better luck with someone with the characteristics of Chrono or Vice.
Also, love doesn't work that way. If they're already in love with each other they won't need more people to be happy.
So you're saying. Nanoha can only be with a guy if he's manly? And male leads can only manly? I know many real life Yuuno's, my own dad included, and let me tell you, the Yuuno's of the world are catches indeed. He might not be the strongest guy but he's smart. Unless you're saying intelligence doesn't matter in a man. A man doesn't have to be made of muscles for a girl to like him. You said it yourself Nanoha is manlier than Yuuno. So she would work better with a man less than masculine.

And Haru they are fictitious character and we are Fanfic writers. We can do whatever we want with them, don't talk about being in love stopin' some YuunoXNanohaXFate action for all you know Nanoha is in love with both of them.

Quote:
Nice one there Kero-chan, you always says that same thing as if he's doing something more than the rest of their friends besides of teaching her some magic at the library, when has been said that all of them are looking after Vivio and Nanoha since she's busy at work and Fate working away.
Everyone is Vivio's family and Fate is not special either. Fate now has the same role as everyone else in the big Nano Family.

Here's my bit.

I'm not going to tell people to stop writing NanoFate. I'm not going to stop liking it, but I'm also not going to stop liking Yuunoha. No one has the right to say this sucks because of the pairing and no one should be "disappointed" when an author writes a fic with a pairing they don't like in it. You don't like it. Don't read it. If you read it by accident, say to yourself "oops" and go read a dozen of your favorite pair's fics. You want to see something else? Write it. I wanted to see Zafira more so I wrote MBLZ. Yes I think people need to branch out from NanoFate if only because loving a single pairing so devotedly can't be healthy (Variety keeps us sane). But I'd be a hypocrite if I told people to stop. I'll write whatever pairing I want to when I want to. I'll read the pairings I want to when I want to.

If there's any one out there who wants to post a Yuunoha fic, or any other more obscure pairings but is afraid they'll be crucified for it I encourage you to post it. The Fanfic Thread is here to accept all pairings. We are not the NanoFate thread the majority of postings may be but we must make sure we make this a safe place for any and all fics.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 10:22   Link #12206
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
So you're saying. Nanoha can only be with a guy if he's manly? And male leads can only manly? I know many real life Yuuno's, my own dad included, and let me tell you, the Yuuno's of the world are catches indeed. He might not be the strongest guy but he's smart. Unless you're saying intelligence doesn't matter in a man. A man doesn't have to be made of muscles for a girl to like him. You said it yourself Nanoha is manlier than Yuuno. So she would work better with a man less than masculine.
I wasn't saying that. A male lead if someone with which the audience is supposed to be willing to identify themselves, you can take their standard physical and physiological characteristics from any harem show.

Quote:
for all you know Nanoha is in love with both of them.
At least according to the fans, Nanoha and Fate are a couple. That's what we know so I think it's better to suppose that they are in love with each other, not with external character.

Quote:
Everyone is Vivio's family and Fate is not special either. Fate now has the same role as everyone else in the big Nano Family.
Fate is only working away since she's a enforcer at the Navy, she's still Fate-mama (well, now she's more like Fata-papa xD). The 7 Arc's offices being still in one piece is a proof of it xD

Old 2009-01-28, 10:34   Link #12207
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
I wasn't saying that. A male lead if someone with which the audience is supposed to be willing to identify themselves, you can take their standard physical and physiological characteristics from any harem show.
So all male leads must be exactly the same and no one is ever supposed to identify with a female lead. Right. (and just so you know. Male leads aren't just in Harem shows =-=)

Quote:

At least according to the fans, Nanoha and Fate are a couple. That's what we know so I think it's better to suppose that they are in love with each other, not with external character.
We all are fans! Whether we like NanoFate or not! Who decided you get to decide what's canon? Since when are you 7arc! Haru you can love NanoFate all you want and that's not going to make it any more canon. You can shove "proof" at us all you want and it's still not canon. If someone wants to write NanoFateYuuno they can. Like I said we are fanfic writers. We can write what we want. You are not the word of god. And please don't respond by saying the word of god does say NanoFate is canon because it doesn't. It is ambiguous in order to allow people to make out own conclusions. You can conclude NanoFate but we don't have to.

Quote:
Fate is only working away since she's a enforcer at the Navy, she's still Fate-mama (well, now she's more like Fata-papa xD). The 7 Arc's offices being still in one piece is a proof of it x)
I'm not even going to bother bringing up the evidence you ignore. It's fine for you to keep believing this I suppose but don't expect everyone else in the fandom to as well.
I don't understand why 7 arc's offices have context...
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 10:55   Link #12208
BPHaru

Quote:
We all are fans! Whether we like NanoFate or not! Who decided you get to decide what's canon?
I was just taking what I see as average opinion of the fans (of course me and this site are not a good reference for that). I wasn't talking about canon either, since they will never be canon until they kiss on screen. Just a Nagisa and Tomoya from Clannad.

Quote:
So all male leads must be exactly the same and no one is ever supposed to identify with a female lead. Right.
Sorry, my fault, I was just referring to shonen harem. For female leads just pick one from a shoujo I suppose.

- - -

And for what really matters:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Heart View Post
Spoiler for Crossing Hearts Part One:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Heart View Post
Spoiler for Crossing Hearts Part Two:

enjoy reading it and tell me what you think.
Good job there, Raging Heart.
I like it so far. They are not mages here, right?
The idea of this crossover seems very attractive, somehow I'm feeling now that Chikane-Himeko/Haruko is somehow like NanoFate, even if their personalities are not very much alike, I don't know why I easily see Fate as Nanoha's Chikane... this is great, now I'm feeling the need to see Hayate making Nanoha and Fate cosplay as KnM's Mikos xD

Probably you should post this at ff.net, but before doing that make sure to check it, there are various typos.

Thanks for the fic ^^

Old 2009-01-28, 11:08   Link #12209
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
Is there DHD is first thing that MALP defines when transported through gate. Only one time i could remember when it could not see it was that "4 race meeting chamber" with Ernest - it was too dark there and bad terrain. Damaged DHD or depleted power source are more plausible. If MALP wouldn't see DHD they wouldn't send team. Also they can't do anything with standard equipment - they needed lightning strike energy-wise in that case...
Actually this depends on when the story is set in later seasons they can send naquadah generators and a miniaturized dialing computer through a gate in order to manually dial back even without a DHD. In fact in later seasons they’ve so mastered the gate system they’ve begun messing with its programming altering code and such. (albeit with sometimes near disastrous results)

Said generators were invented in season three and began to appear more and more from season four on. Thus if this was set any later then say late season three the lack of a DHD would be only a minor issue and wouldn't stop a mission if it was thought something of value might found. On that note the P-90 was first used by SGC in early seasons four (they used MP-5s before that).

It's also worth noting as an aside that any time after season one SGC and the Earth goverments reaction to an alternate universe would basically be "been there done that". Actually depending on the time period they might well have an inter-dimensional gateway just sitting in storage. Just want that noted for if and when they do end up back at the SGC.

Last edited by Tk3997; 2009-01-28 at 11:18.
Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 11:35   Link #12210
Raging Heart
Lightning Devil

Quote:
Good job there, Raging Heart.
I like it so far. They are not mages here, right?
The idea of this crossover seems very attractive, somehow I'm feeling now that Chikane-Himeko/Haruko is somehow like NanoFate, even if their personalities are not very much alike, I don't know why I easily see Fate as Nanoha's Chikane... this is great, now I'm feeling the need to see Hayate making Nanoha and Fate cosplay as KnM's Mikos xD

Probably you should post this at ff.net, but before doing that make sure to check it, there are various typos.

Thanks for the fic ^^

thanks BPHaru, glad you like it.

and yes there are not mages on it or anything, glad you like it, i began to write it just few days ago with crossovers between KNM and MGLN.

i am planning things for everyone in my story, i will let wait and read.

oh speaking of which, i typing part 3 now.

about posting it ff.net, i am still now sure about.

and you are most welcome.
Old 2009-01-28, 12:13   Link #12211
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Finals E_R Finals. If her life's anything like mine right now she's been studying like mad.
I guess that in all countries the period of finals have diferent dates

In my country we have finals until June
Old 2009-01-28, 12:19   Link #12212
Jimmy C

Quote:
I wasn't talking about canon either, since they will never be canon until they kiss on screen. Just a Nagisa and Tomoya from Clannad.
You just had to pick the least appropriate example for your case, didn't you?

Spoiler for why:

If you didn't do such a good job on scanlations, I would've put you on my Ignore list long ago. Your attitude towards Nanoha or Fate with anyone other than each other is sickening. You whine about it being inflicted upon your poor sentitive eyes as if it had no right to exist. Do you have any idea how insulting you words towards DezoPenguin and his fic were? If it disgusts you so much, just scroll past it and forget you ever read it.
Do you have any idea how many fics I've seen on this discussion I wish I hadn't wasted my time reading? Yet, I never tell the author "you shouldn't have that posted here" no matter how much I disliked his work.
Your chauvanistic attacks on alternate pairings for Nanoha and Fate are giving NanoFate shippers a bad name. Please stop them.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 12:56   Link #12213
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Quote:

Sorry, my fault, I was just referring to shonen harem. For female leads just pick one from a shoujo I suppose.
This is not a shonen harem series or a shoujo series,not even a series based on a dating sim. So as a major NF shipper, I'll have to agree with the consensus. It doesn't matter what people write. Review what you like to read and leave well enough alone with what you don't like. I also think people are over reacting against Haru. I could direct this same advice to those who take their time to review reviewers.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.

Last edited by itanshi1; 2009-01-28 at 13:25.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 13:31   Link #12214
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Staying out of the ship war going on, I'll answer just the part that I can.

My short would be on the effects of Nanoha raising Vivio while Fate is away. With so much going on, poor little Vivio probably doesn't even understand the differnce between "Fate-mama" and "Hataye-mama" because they both take care of her. That, and Fate didn't really explain it well either.

Fate:I'm your godmother.
Vivio: Mama?
Fate: yes.

The child doesn't even know what a godmother is, just that this person wants to take care of her. Children are innocent, and that's what I'm going to focus on. Vivio calling Yuuno "Yuuno-papa" because she doesn't understand what a papa is. In turn, after being explained to, she would naturally start to question "fate-mama" because Nanoha is her adopted mama and Fate is just godmother.

I think it'll be a good story. A deep meaning through the eyes of an innocent child who doesn't quite understand, and Nanoha having to ask herself exactly what her relationship with Fate is. If she explains it as "Fate is also your mama" then she'll be admitting to herself ther is something more to her relationship with Fatge than the two have discussed. If she explains Fate as god mother, then how will Fate react, along with Vivio who suddenly lost a mama?

Good times will follow go go innocent loving drama angst questioning run on sentences!
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 13:42   Link #12215
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Heh sounds like things I toyed with in Fail!Fate, but I'd love to see your more meaningful expose. Thanks so much.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 15:14   Link #12216
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
The best of both worlds?

Remember that in Japan no one will be as skeptical as you about our happy family's relationship, and instead of putting it in doubt like you, they will wonder who's the papa. And the answer is: Fate is the daddy, but Nanoha is still the seme xD

I hope the writer takes Nana-chan and Yukarin's suggestions for the next season, that would be a WIN. They should be the directors xD

NanoFate may be unofficially or officially canon, but such things don't matter since the people love them and assumes them as a couple. People not liking NanoFate? There is no way that's possible xD The same people from this forum will keep saying that they not want it, but NanoFate is getting more popular around the world by each day passing. So please, if you have something to write, do it and post it in ff.net if you're confident enough ^^

)
For the love of... The interview is the opinion of the seiyuu! The voice actors have little to no influence on the story! Just because the two main characters voice actresses believe that Fate and Nanoha are a couple does not make it so. Just because an incredible number of fans speculate that Fate and Nanoha are couple does not make it so.

It reminds me of a time when the voice actor of Trowa (Gundam Wing) believed that his character would marry Catherine (revealed eventually as Trowa's sister) and have lots of kids.

That didn't happen in the damn story. He remains single (or possibly with Quattro Winner but I forget).

You can't make unofficial = canon. That's an oxymoron.
Old 2009-01-28, 15:18   Link #12217
Raging Heart
Lightning Devil

Quote:

My short would be on the effects of Nanoha raising Vivio while Fate is away. With so much going on, poor little Vivio probably doesn't even understand the differnce between "Fate-mama" and "Hataye-mama" because they both take care of her. That, and Fate didn't really explain it well either.

The child doesn't even know what a godmother is, just that this person wants to take care of her. Children are innocent, and that's what I'm going to focus on. Vivio calling Yuuno "Yuuno-papa" because she doesn't understand what a papa is. In turn, after being explained to, she would naturally start to question "fate-mama" because Nanoha is her adopted mama and Fate is just godmother.

I think it'll be a good story. A deep meaning through the eyes of an innocent child who doesn't quite understand, and Nanoha having to ask herself exactly what her relationship with Fate is. If she explains it as "Fate is also your mama" then she'll be admitting to herself ther is something more to her relationship with Fatge than the two have discussed. If she explains Fate as god mother, then how will Fate react, along with Vivio who suddenly lost a mama?

Good times will follow go go innocent loving drama angst questioning run on sentences!

i can't wait Satashi, i am looking forward for your stories.

so all the members who can write.
Old 2009-01-28, 17:52   Link #12218
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:

Is this an actual story you're going to write? I ask because you preface it with "My short would be..." indicating that it's hypothetical.

Hopefully it is something, because it looks good--the kind that could be deeply affecting regardless with what the adults choose to do with themselves.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 19:28   Link #12219
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam

What can I say, we had a snow day.

Spoiler for Bless the Broken Road: Unclean Hands:

Spoiler for Author's notes and ramblings:
Old 2009-01-28, 19:52   Link #12220
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post

What can I say, we had a snow day.

Spoiler for Bless the Broken Road: Unclean Hands:

Spoiler for Author's notes and ramblings:
Good chapter! I like how the exposition segment is still chock-full of Yet More Questions. Also answers some of the issues I had with the familiar situation from the last chapter (though I'd say that I disagree with the whole "emotion gave Fury away" issue--Arf, for example, shows plenty of emotion when working alongside Fate on their missions for Precia just as she does when she's alone, and Signum showed very little emotion when she was acting on her own initiative in A's; personality seems consistent regardless of motivation).

Looks like we now know who the baddie is:

Spoiler for Even fanfics shouldn't be casually spoiled:
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha