AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-19, 11:28   Link #381
ShiroiRyu

Not the same main character so i consider it's different. XD
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 11:33   Link #382
LostSome

Since Taiki is back as the MC it will be different from 02.
If there is only a little to no timeskip, than it will be truly a sequel.

The new kid with Garudramon doesn`t look like he has the brain to be a general.
Could be wrong, but I can`t take him seriously.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 01:42   Link #383
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Digimon 02 was the sequel of the first season, it's mostly the same thing.
Don't really agree. The main characters were different and really felt it was much worse so wouldn't want it touching a good series like the first Digimon .
Old 2011-08-20, 19:52   Link #384
ShiroiRyu

FlareKnight : HEY !
The ending of the season 2 was really good despite the last "boss" was awful ...
The insert song of the last episode is so beautiful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFJ83m8n9rk
Bokura no Digital World ...
And Oikawa was one of the rare antagonist where i cried. :/
Old 2011-08-20, 23:01   Link #385
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
FlareKnight : HEY !
The ending of the season 2 was really good despite the last "boss" was awful ...
The insert song of the last episode is so beautiful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFJ83m8n9rk
Bokura no Digital World ...
And Oikawa was one of the rare antagonist where i cried. :/
The only thing I really liked about the ending was that they had an epilogue and the Oikawa part. The identity of the last boss was terrible and not to mention how he was defeated ....

In the end I think if you are doing a sequel make it about the group that people would actually want in a sequel not limiting the role of most of the original cast to cameos. If it's just about doing something new then make it completely new. Just felt like they were trying to cash in on the fans of the original without having to think about how to really handle a new adventure for the original group.

Can say it's because I liked the original so much that I give 02 such a hard time .
Old 2011-08-20, 23:09   Link #386
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
I don't find 02 in such high regards, in retrospect it was all over the place, but it did have its moments.
And I really don't care about the new season, and after seeing the new images I know I really don't care. I'll still see it of course because I'm hypocritical like that, so it'll most likely be in irony.
I kinda enjoyed this show for what it was and had hoped the show would have ended like this. I feel kinda cheated. These feelings could be just fleeting, but I'm just plain annoyed right now.

Last edited by Kurosu; 2011-08-20 at 23:20.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 03:16   Link #387
ShiroiRyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The only thing I really liked about the ending was that they had an epilogue and the Oikawa part. The identity of the last boss was terrible and not to mention how he was defeated ....
It's good to be in the same boat.
But now i think about that : the "third" season of Xros Wars, do you think after the end of all of that, we will have a epilogue like that ?
For Xros Wars, i liked it for the two boobies Digimon.
Old 2011-08-21, 19:56   Link #388
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 47: Taiki vs Yuu, The Battle of the Boy Generals!!

Even if the battle at Hell's Field is won, the battle for Bright Land seems it's far from over.

A glorious, blazing performance for everyone involved.

Spoiler:

And, yes I also watched and get the vibes going between Mervamon and Beelzebumon, delivering a tour de force performance at the battle.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 21:54   Link #389
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
It's good to be in the same boat.
But now i think about that : the "third" season of Xros Wars, do you think after the end of all of that, we will have a epilogue like that ?
For Xros Wars, i liked it for the two boobies Digimon.
I do think after all that's going to have happened that an epilogue wouldn't hurt. Though I do think one set a few years in the future might be unlikely since you just don't see too many of those.
Old 2011-08-21, 22:05   Link #390
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I do think after all that's going to have happened that an epilogue wouldn't hurt. Though I do think one set a few years in the future might be unlikely since you just don't see too many of those.
Well, speaking of time skip, doesn't the title of "season 3" involved some reference to time ? Could it explain why Yuu seems to be the same age as Taiki ?

Spoiler for Episode 49:
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 09:48   Link #391
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Well, speaking of time skip, doesn't the title of "season 3" involved some reference to time ? Could it explain why Yuu seems to be the same age as Taiki ?

Spoiler for Episode 49:
Well, remember that the one who has the code crowns can resurrect fallen digimon, or something like that.
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 09:52   Link #392
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcanclaw View Post
Well, remember that the one who has the code crowns can resurrect fallen digimon, or something like that.
Ah HA ?!
Thank you, I was missing this information.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 14:36   Link #393
Vegard Aune

02 is by far my least favourite Digimon-series, and the ending played a pretty large part in that... Although the biggest reason was how the story went straight to hell after the Digimon Kaiser was defeated. People might criticize Frontier for going completely stale and repetive and dumb and rendering all but two of the characters useless in the final arc, but honestly I thought even that was better than the clusterf*** that 02 turned out to be in the end.
I will not deny that Bokura no Digital World was a really nice song though. But it was also the only thing about the final episode that didn't suck.
Old 2011-08-23, 20:47   Link #394
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I believe the reason for me that Digimon 02 felt disjointed at several plot points were that the fans outside Japan never played the WonderSwan games, which many of them explained or revealed crucial plot points as: Ken's first travel to the DigiWorld meeting with Wormmon and Ryo Akiyama, and some other stuff like the battle against Milleniumon and the origin of the dark Spores.

Also, episode 14th of the second season felt to me as the most weird and out of place with Kari being transported to that sea-of-Darkness world, inhabited by a mysterious Digimon, which judging from its outline and appearance it looked to me like Dagomon.

Anyways, I personal still consider Frontier lagging below 02.
Old 2011-08-24, 05:17   Link #395
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I believe the reason for me that Digimon 02 felt disjointed at several plot points were that the fans outside Japan never played the WonderSwan games, which many of them explained or revealed crucial plot points as: Ken's first travel to the DigiWorld meeting with Wormmon and Ryo Akiyama, and some other stuff like the battle against Milleniumon and the origin of the dark Spores.
Not... really? The only real problem that brings to the table is the insanely brief shot of Ken and Ryo fighting Milleniumon in episode 23, which was probably the final actual "good" episode of the series. The Dark Spores were explained well enough in the series too, so that's not a huge issue. It was only after that, when they suddenly just started throwing fifty billion different concepts around that either contradicted stuff set up in the first series, (case in point; The older kids apparently giving up the power of their crests to protect the Digital World. Go rewatch Adventure episode 53 to see just how utterly nonsensical this twist is. It was clearly just done so that they couldn't just have Omegamon blowing Archnemon and Mummymon to pieces within miliseconds of their first appearance) or never really went anywhere, (Oh look it's a badass Demon Lord Digimon leading an army of really powerful demons! ...Oh wait, he was basically pointless. Also, THE. FREAKING. DARK. OCEAN.) or their rather pathetic attempts at character development, (Daisuke and the kids have never actually killed Digimon before! Oh, but once they have to do so, they get over it in about three seconds) or the BlackWarGreymon-arc which mirrors Frontier's Royal Knights-arc in a lot of ways except being completely pointless... And that's not even getting into the monumental fail that was the ending.

...And since I'm complaining about everything else regarding Zero Two anyway, I should also point out that Shakkoumon looked ridiculous and I liked Imperialdramon better when he was a dragon, thank you very much.
Old 2011-08-24, 09:23   Link #396
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Also, THE. FREAKING. DARK. OCEAN.) .
The dark ocean episode was written by a different writer than the series regulars (who seems to have written for Cthulu mythos, so that explains the dark ocean stuff), who later became the lead writer for Tamers (go figure). They decided to squash the guy's idea, so the dark ocean disappeared and was offhandedly mentioned whenever it actually was. Remember the Daemon corps? I believe that was also his idea, and as such they killed off his idea with weak pay-off by throwing Daemon into the dark ocean (ironic no?). I would actually have preferred to have Daemon as the final villain, I mean he's one of the seven demon lords. Anyway, I believe 02's problems were due more to the fact that it had multiple writers taking the helm, in short it was rather disjointed.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 17:11   Link #397
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Spoiler for :

Btw, Tsundere Mervamon, get! XD

She looks really satisfied to be hugged by Beelzebumon, lol.

*They're holding hand almost on the entire episode :3*
Old 2011-08-28, 00:21   Link #398
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Anyone please confirm that the last three episodes for Xros Wars season one are actually true:

Quote:
52 "Bagra Brothers! Bonds of Darkness"
(バグラ兄弟!暗黒の絆) September 11, 2011

53 "Approaching! The Last day of Human World, D5"
(迫りくる!人間界最期の日、D5) September 18, 2011
-
54 "Glorious DigiXros, Seize our Future!"
(栄光のデジクロス、掴めおれたちの未来!) September 25, 2011
Old 2011-08-28, 09:03   Link #399
Homura7

^Yep, these are true. Episode 54 is the last, and then third season begins.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 20:06   Link #400
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This picture is an appetitizer for the upcoming third season:
Digimon Xros Wars: The Young Hunters Who Race Through Time (時を駆ける少年ハンターたち, Toki o Kakeru Shōnen Hunter-tachi)

To Taiki's left-side -
Taigiru Akashi (明石タギル, Akashi Taigiru, voiced by Yuki Kaida )
Partner: Gamudramon (ガムドラモン, Gamudoramon, voiced by Teiyu Ichiryusai).

To Yuu's left-side -
Ren Tobari (戸張レン, Tobari Ren, Voiced by Shōji Umeka)
Partner: Dracmon (Dorakumon).

To Taiki's back right-side -
Ryouma Mogami (最上リョウマ, Mogami Ryōma, Voiced by Junko Minagawa )
Partner: Psychemon (Saikemon).

Behind Taiki -
Airu Suzaki (洲崎アイル, Suzaki Airu, voiced by Ami Koshimizu )
Partner: Opossumon (Opossamon).