AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-30, 23:30   Link #1341
ellifeedn
Thinker

Were there any magicians that used magic based on the Major Arcana?
Old 2012-06-30, 23:37   Link #1342
Miraluka
Banned

Leivinia Birdway used the Hanged Man.
Old 2012-07-01, 00:51   Link #1343
leukrota

Incidentally, Mark Space uses the Arcana too, though Leivinia seems to restrict him to use only the Minor Arcana.
Old 2012-07-03, 13:36   Link #1344
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

...So when was the last time Mikoto saw her father? For mine, they've never bumped into each other in person throughout the whole of Raildex.
Old 2012-07-03, 16:45   Link #1345
leukrota

You usually post a question and someone else answers it... but I guess you can do both.

Being serious, there is no reference as to when was that last time they met.
Old 2012-07-04, 03:24   Link #1346
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
You usually post a question and someone else answers it... but I guess you can do both.

Being serious, there is no reference as to when was that last time they met.
I was waiting for someone to prove me wrong

I wonder then, if and when they do, Kamachi might take the daddy issues route, because clearly he's very rarely home.
Old 2012-07-17, 04:05   Link #1347
sa547
*Author

Just a question: seems that my local anime channel decides to air Railgun instead of Index, so is it okay to have the former aired first? I'm under the impression that both shows are different versions of the same story.
Old 2012-07-17, 04:14   Link #1348
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Remember that HERO TV also aired Zettai Karen Children, which appears to be Railgun's "spiritual ancestor". Since both shows have a similar premise, I don't think that there will be any problems with that.

Anyway, I'm more interested in the voice actors that they will employ for the series, since they manage to pull off the characters from Working!! (except for Yamada and Poplar who got a different voice than expected). What I like here is that they actually enlist the voices of several artists (for example, Lovely Idol's main female cast is composed of contestants from a particular contest, and the main female protag is voiced by a famous local singer-actress) and they appear to be okay with the job.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-07-17, 04:17   Link #1349
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Just a question: seems that my local anime channel decides to air Railgun instead of Index, so is it okay to have the former aired first? I'm under the impression that both shows are different versions of the same story.
Short answer is No- it won't be a problem; it's not exactly the same story, it's just in the same setting running somewhat parallel to Index.
Old 2012-07-17, 10:17   Link #1350
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ Remember that HERO TV also aired Zettai Karen Children, which appears to be Railgun's "spiritual ancestor". Since both shows have a similar premise, I don't think that there will be any problems with that.
What HERO TV is doing railgun? the hell >_> sky cable is disconnected for 2 months already.
Old 2012-07-18, 07:21   Link #1351
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ So you're also from here? I didn't expect that.

Haven't been keeping tabs on Hero TV lately, Railgun sort of surprises me.
Old 2012-07-18, 07:44   Link #1352
tsunade666

I don't have money to pay for sky cable and pldt dsl together. Its different in summer where you got summer job but its school again and graduating so nope.... sad I won't be able to watch it.

What cast did the HERO tv would use? they invite different artist for the dubbing which is kinda fun on its own and pretty unique. I actually liked the dub on our country than american dub -_- though some of their dub before are good which I bought in dvd but its just ... its pretty jarring for my ears. Sometimes or rather often its just feel strange or totally different from the original which is the problem with dubbed shows.

When is the airing month of railgun?
Old 2012-07-18, 07:44   Link #1353
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Haven't been keeping tabs on Hero TV lately, Railgun sort of surprises me.
HERO TV's really impressing me with their capability of getting some of the more recent anime (Heroman, Zettai Karen Children, Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori, Shiki, Hanasaku Iroha, the list goes on) while keeping some of the classics of TV anime in the Philippines (Sailormoon etc.). I admit, I have lost some hope in the anime broadcast industry in local air TV since TV5 had shut down its broadcasts of their anime lineup (Shakugan no Shana, Mythical Detective Loki, Azumanga Daioh, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, etc.) and the major ones have decided to just go for reruns.

Quote:
What cast did the HERO tv would use? they invite different artist for the dubbing which is kinda fun on its own and pretty unique. I actually liked the dub on our country than american dub -_- though some of their dub before are good which I bought in dvd but its just ... its pretty jarring for my ears. Sometimes or rather often its just feel strange or totally different from the original which is the problem with dubbed shows.

When is the airing month of railgun?
Well, they have a really good arsenal of voice actors, both professional voice actors and actors/actresses who can pull off decent voicing through a handful of workshops. Not to mention their dubbing directors, who are really at a class of their own.

As for Railgun's air date, it's August 2.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2012-07-18, 08:13   Link #1354
Dorsai

Questions to people who already read all LN volumes. I watch only season 1 of anime long time ago and need to know this to determine if i should watch more or drop it:

- Touma die, survive or disappear in the end?
- If he dies then it was at least confiremed who he really love (Misaka or Index?)
- If he survives then with whom he end up in the end (Misaka, Index or sb else?)

Thx for answers... It can be in spoiler or not ;p
Old 2012-07-18, 08:25   Link #1355
tsunade666

^find the answers at LN thread. That's boundary spoiler and can be answered by light novel.
Old 2012-07-25, 19:44   Link #1356
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
HERO TV's really impressing me with their capability of getting some of the more recent anime (Heroman, Zettai Karen Children, Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori, Shiki, Hanasaku Iroha, the list goes on) while keeping some of the classics of TV anime in the Philippines (Sailormoon etc.). I admit, I have lost some hope in the anime broadcast industry in local air TV since TV5 had shut down its broadcasts of their anime lineup (Shakugan no Shana, Mythical Detective Loki, Azumanga Daioh, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, etc.) and the major ones have decided to just go for reruns.

Well, they have a really good arsenal of voice actors, both professional voice actors and actors/actresses who can pull off decent voicing through a handful of workshops. Not to mention their dubbing directors, who are really at a class of their own.
And now they're stuck at dubbing foreign films 'cause they no longer have anime dubbing projects. *sigh*

Quote:
As for Railgun's air date, it's August 2.
In the US or in PH?
Old 2012-07-25, 21:44   Link #1357
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
In the US or in PH?
Probably in PH because in US I think they did first Index and in PH they did railgun than index.
Old 2012-07-26, 21:01   Link #1358
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

In other news, the official Facebook of HERO TV confirmed that they already broadcast licenses for Index, and we should expect it to be released within 2012.

Well, that was fast.

Old 2012-07-26, 21:26   Link #1359
judasmartel
*Author

I'm excited to see how they're going to do anyone, especially KamiKoto, Accelerator, Index and Kuroko. In fact, it's hard to imagine how they're going to script things so that Padre Damaso won't brand ALL ANIME as heretic and blasphemous because of Index and clamor to ban them in PH.

I think they're going to rape the crap out of religious references which so happen to matter in the plot, especially S2.

That said, there's always Railgun if they can't avoid invoking the wrath of Padre Damaso.
Old 2012-07-28, 22:54   Link #1360
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Any news about a new series coming soon?

Tags
q&a