Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-01-24, 14:41   Link #61
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
After I wrote the above comment, I go read the book's chinese translation and now it is for sure it mean the town. quote from bakatsuki:
Spoiler for :
...I'm so sure that it was a completely unintentional and unintended pun that has absolutely nothing at all to do with anything. Even if they say that, it's just a convenient excuse.
Old 2014-01-24, 18:41   Link #62
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
...I'm so sure that it was a completely unintentional and unintended pun that has absolutely nothing at all to do with anything. Even if they say that, it's just a convenient excuse.
...It would probably be an excuse, but you know how thing go after finish reading it..
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 02:02   Link #63
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
...It would probably be an excuse, but you know how thing go after finish reading it..
Either way, it's still intended as a pun/wordplay... but I guess I'll give you the fact that it has an in-canon double-meaning, and that in the title it's all written in katakana "エロマンガ先生" support that you could write "Eromanga" and it would perhaps carry the double-meaning more clearly. The English text on the cover has "Eromanga" as one word, but the katakana is laid out in such a way that separates "エロ" and "マンガ" to emphasis the double-entendre (that is also present in the work itself). So there probably isn't only one correct way to romanize it, as is often the case.

For now I guess I'll edit the thread title, but I'm not sure if there'll ever be general agreement on this around the Net.

(Edit: I also changed it to "Imouto", as it our habit here.)
Old 2014-01-25, 13:27   Link #64
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Spoiler:
I have no time to read it right now, but I take it is quite a different setting compared to Oreimo (contrary to the fears of some because the author once again goes the imouto route)?
Old 2014-01-30, 17:14   Link #65
Hana
izumi

Thanks for all the help guys. After much complications, it finally came in! ^^ pretty happyyy

Spoiler:
Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 03:58   Link #66
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Sagiri's just adorable. =w=
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 18:27   Link #67
Sakuratsuki

Chapter 2 is out.

Edit: Just read the chapter: Brocon confirmed.

Also the girl named Megumi has a kuroneko+ayase personality. It's really good so far. Did anyone read it yet?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2014-04-04 at 20:10. Reason: removed site name
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 19:20   Link #68
Hana
izumi

Megumi is pretty cutee! Sagiri too!

And the brother is totally a siscon as welll
Old 2014-02-13, 21:33   Link #69
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
Also the girl named Megumi has a kuroneko+ayase personality. It's really good so far. Did anyone read it yet?
I read it yesterday, things are picking up as we quickly realize what the first volume is going to be about.

...... I'm absolutely shocked at the possibiliy that the shoujo mangaka and the class rep aren't the same person (no "recognize" reaction by either of them).
Old 2014-04-04, 13:38   Link #70
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Just read chapter 4, and I got to say it:

Why do I feel like this story might be semi-autobiographical? XD
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 11:00   Link #71
Mystic_Vegetto

Volume 2 comes out May 10th:

http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/newr...4-04-866531-5/
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 18:18   Link #72
Vezon

So the volume almost fully translated. I just don't know about the directions of the story it feels force in way. But I do like the relationship between the siblings. Hmm...
Old 2014-04-29, 16:25   Link #73
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamada Elf
"Huh? Isn't this basically the same as a love letter? A three hundred page-long love letter in fact ~ your love is burning sooooooooooooooooooooo hot."
I'm just rolfing on the floor I didn't care for elf until she started pouting rolling on the floor while reading a book (I sooo do that as well )
Old 2014-05-06, 18:38   Link #74
Sakuratsuki

A manga has been announced for Ero manga sensei. I think that's really fast announcing a manga so early when the novel has just started?

Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 20:21   Link #75
Hiyono

It's from the Oreimo author, i.e. it's like printing money, so of course they'd merchandise it ASAP. LN->manga adaptations are very slow anyway, since they're always in monthly magazines.
Old 2014-05-09, 15:07   Link #76
finalfury
Incognito

Story is weird.

on the macro level, it is ymmv and very um ABC format.

on the micro level, it is an ice cream cake whose taste rarely gets old.

elf = kuroneko mk.2 confirmed lol

I dunno but gotta say illustrators non exaggerated proportions are nice to see.

Runs.
Old 2014-05-10, 16:13   Link #77
Hana
izumi

I actually just finished reading it. Elf is a pretty funny character although she kinda seems like a Kuroneko type. I expect some heart break in the future.. Sagiri is just a cutieee

The ending of chapter 5 was pretty sad. I wonder who was this person she was in love. Perhaps since she didn't say someone else it could mean.. I don't know.. guess just gotta wait for volume 2!
Old 2014-05-25, 00:18   Link #78
RealEATER

Just finished reading it today. Nice and interesting story, Sagari is too cute and how Elf started pouting rolling on the floor while reading MC's book is so refershing

Now just a little question, what happen to their parents ? and whose is their guardian ?
RealEATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 05:56   Link #79
Xacual

So just finished reading volume 1, and the synopsis is incorrect isn't it? I mean Elf isn't a shoujo manga creator, she's a LN writer that writes the same genre as the MC or why else would she want Sagiri to do ero illustrations for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealEATER View Post
Just finished reading it today. Nice and interesting story, Sagari is too cute and how Elf started pouting rolling on the floor while reading MC's book is so refershing

Now just a little question, what happen to their parents ? and whose is their guardian ?
Based on the hints it sounds like their parents died in some kind of accident while on their honeymoon. It never explained who their guardian was, just that they don't live with the siblings and leaves the house to them.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 12:35   Link #80
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
So just finished reading volume 1, and the synopsis is incorrect isn't it? I mean Elf isn't a shoujo manga creator, she's a LN writer that writes the same genre as the MC or why else would she want Sagiri to do ero illustrations for her.
Yeah, it's an error in the translation of that summary from ANN. The original says "超売れっ子美少女作家のライバル", which is to say a "super-popular, beautiful female rival author". I think the translator somehow double-read the "bishoujo" as "shoujo" and made an assumption on the author part.

Tags
mangaka, siblings