AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-06-12, 17:11   Link #21
Matt122005

So then why not buy the English version of book 1?

-Matt
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 19:43   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
So then why not buy the English version of book 1?

-Matt
Only downside is that your left wanting to read more after that book is finished . But still was a good read that I enjoyed.
Old 2009-06-13, 23:46   Link #23
Avisch
Reality Blender

Read alittle of this a while back. Looking to try it again. The prologue of volume 1 lingers in my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
It's a great series and I hope it one day becomes a series of anime films. BTW, it's Victorique, as the first volume mentions that she has a boy's name
Which is odd cause it conflicts with the original Japanese katakana which clearly indicates Victorica ヴィクトリカ (Vikutorika)

Tokyopop probably just decided to romanize it that way.
Hopefully I didn't sound rude there. I just like pointing out differences.

Also here is one kickass image of the couple.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 17:23   Link #24
Matt122005

Yea, that's a great image. I love GOSICK. Any idea if the manga is scanlated yet?

NVM, I found out someone has translated the first chapter, please check it out and support it: http://ivyscan.kakyoku.org/?page_id=397

-Matt

Last edited by Matt122005; 2009-06-15 at 17:35.
Old 2009-06-15, 21:59   Link #25
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

there's an english version of volume 1 o_O Never knew that. Wonder if it's available here in my country. What's the ISBN number for this english version?
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 15:04   Link #26
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
Read alittle of this a while back. Looking to try it again. The prologue of volume 1 lingers in my head.

Which is odd cause it conflicts with the original Japanese katakana which clearly indicates Victorica ヴィクトリカ (Vikutorika)

Tokyopop probably just decided to romanize it that way.
Hopefully I didn't sound rude there. I just like pointing out differences.

Also here is one kickass image of the couple.
In the drama CD, the seiyuu pronounced it "Vikutoriku", so it seems to fit.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 12:34   Link #27
Cai Calamigarde
Memento mori...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Ugh, from the comment here it seems like a very good series. Too bad my japanese knowledge is not good enough to read this kind of complicated novel>.<
You can read the first novel if you want, kuro. It is officially translated -by a very good translator-:

http://www.amazon.com/GOSICK-1-Sakur...5864753&sr=8-1

I too am a fan of this work =) Its story is very good, and the art is Beautiful!
Now I need the 2nd one translated (T_T)
Cai Calamigarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 20:59   Link #28
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Thank you for the link. I'm gonna try to order it through some big bookstore at my country. If it fails, then I guess I will have to ask my friend to buy it for me when he goes to US >.<
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 01:30   Link #29
Matt122005

I really want to read the next volume. That sneak peak at the end of the book was so mean. lol

Does anyone know if the 2010 release date that was given over e-mail is still true? I know that Chapters online has it listed for that too.

-Matt
Old 2009-09-03, 18:10   Link #30
Matt122005

Whoa.....we haven't even gotten the second novel yet and yet we find out that GOSICK Novel #3 is coming out this month?! And it's only 1 page long?! And it costs $12.99?!

I'm certainly excited, aren't you? lol

Check out the news that will leave you laughing: http://ranobecafe.wordpress.com/2009...le-this-month/

Too bad this wasn't April Fools, or I would be inclined to believe this was a 'purposeful' joke. haha
Old 2010-01-12, 19:50   Link #31
Matt122005

GOSICK Vol. 2 is coming this March. The cover has been added to amazon: http://www.amazon.com/GOSICK-2-Kazuk...3343785&sr=8-1
Old 2011-01-07, 05:33   Link #32
Ashandorath

gosick volume 3 english

Apparently gosick volume 3 in english was supposed to come out at the ened of last year (december 30), however amazon.com doesn't have it listed as available. Does anyone know what happened? i.e., did the series get canceled?

thanks for the info in advance.

edit to avoid double-post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt...
Check out the news that will leave you laughing: http://ranobecafe.wordpress.com/2009...le-this-month/

Too bad this wasn't April Fools, or I would be inclined to believe this was a 'purposeful' joke. haha
the bookdepository also managed to screw up with gosick, though with vol2 :
http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book...osick-Volume-2

April 2011^^

Last edited by Ashandorath; 2011-01-07 at 12:55.
Ashandorath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 18:12   Link #33
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Read through chapter 3 of the manga - actually thought it was pretty well done.

Volumes 1 and 2 of the light novel are on their way....
Old 2011-01-08, 07:34   Link #34
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

o.O there was a topic for the novel ...

I might do a review/impression of the first novel once the anime concludes the storyline (which should be the third episode)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashandorath View Post
Apparently gosick volume 3 in english was supposed to come out at the ened of last year (december 30), however amazon.com doesn't have it listed as available. Does anyone know what happened? i.e., did the series get canceled?
Well, the fact of the matter is, when it come to the release schedule of this title (and a few others) that Tokyopop is incompetent .

The second novel was supposed to be released in Oct. 2008. It got released in March 2010 ... and with many mistakes in the text as well.

I just wish they would just drop the series so someone else could translate it.
Old 2011-01-08, 20:16   Link #35
Shadow5YA

Considering the fashion and time setting, are we sure "Gosick" isn't some Engrish pronunciation of "Gothic"?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 18:18   Link #36
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Considering the fashion and time setting, are we sure "Gosick" isn't some Engrish pronunciation of "Gothic"?
I have seen people say that this was the case, but I don't know for sure.
Old 2011-01-16, 15:48   Link #37
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Finished the first 2 volumes a few days ago.

I have been surprised by how fast the anime eps are going through the first book's material.

But I was very interested to see how the manga covers material that was only mentioned in passing in the first volume of the novel. In that sense it is its own creature.

But then again perhaps in one of the other volumes not available in English this material is covered and the manga chapters are merely reproducing those?
Old 2011-01-18, 16:33   Link #38
Ashandorath

amazon.de decided to grace me with some new info regarding vol 3 in english (translation below)

Quote:
Guten Tag,

Wir können Ihnen jetzt den Liefertermin fuer Ihre Bestellung (Bestellnummer #xxxxx) vom September 30 2010 nennen.

Und hier finden Sie den oder die Artikel mit dem jeweils voraussichtlichen Lieferdatum:

Kazuki Sakuraba "Gosick 3"
Voraussichtliches Lieferdatum: August 03 2011 - August 06 2011
I'm not going to translate everything, so here's the important part: they expect it to arrive august 03 - august 06 2011 ( the 2011 is actually important here XD )
Ashandorath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 19:18   Link #39
lightbringer
M9000

I wouldn't necessarily trust any expected publication date cited by Amazon. They've been often wrong before, and they really only have what the publishers tell them to go on. In this case, they are citing July 30th as the publication date which is likely what Tokyopop is telling their distributors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Good job deciphering the title, that totally makes sense (as opposed to: go sick? where and why would they be going while sick?). Leave it to the Japanese to mangle transliteration
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 22:09   Link #40
SirWence
~Connoisseur~

I e-mailed (info@tokyopop.com) myself to ask as its been ages heh and I rather enjoyed the 2 novels ive read.. and with an anime being out.. and with my general frustration with novel licensing and generally nothing being done with said licenses.

Here is the reply I got from Tokyopop

Quote:
Thanks for your question!

I don’t believe we currently have plans to continue the series, given both the cost of doing novels and the poor sales performance of the first two volumes. It’s a shame, since now with the anime series coming out, it seems like sales might pick up, but that’s the kind of problem you run into in publishing sometimes. Your interest has been noted, though, and I’ll be keeping an eye on other requests to see if at least doing a reprint of the existing material would make sense, and then maybe based on the performance of the reprint, we could consider moving forward, but to be honest, that’s fairly unlikely at this stage of the game.

However, we only tend to license a couple volumes at a time, so there isn’t really anything stopping another company from continuing the series if they choose to do so. The likelihood of that is also fairly slim, but you never know, I suppose!

Anyway, thanks for your interest and support, and I’m sorry that I don’t have better news for you!

Sincerely,

~Lillian
E-mail them.. see if it makes a difference

Tags
light novels, romance, shounen