AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-02-20, 10:36   Link #481
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
is she the blonde with long hair

as for who pilots Vincent that is still unknown =3
No, the one with lipstick on; hair is short and gray.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 11:32   Link #482
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
who pilots the Vincent?
As stated before, the pilot is still unknown at this point. The Vincent appears to be a mass production model of the Lancelot so we may see several people piloting them.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 11:40   Link #483
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

This is a question for the moderators:

Will episode 26 get a thread on March 16, after the three private screenings are aired or on April 5th when it is publicly shown?
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 13:39   Link #484
RPNS

The Vincent seems to be Rollo's (sp?) KMF.
RPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 14:00   Link #485
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I don't recall there being any mention of that. Just because it appeared in the one trailer with him doesn't mean he will be piloting it. It could just have been a look at a new Knightmare.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-02-20, 15:49   Link #486
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
This is a question for the moderators:

Will episode 26 get a thread on March 16, after the three private screenings are aired or on April 5th when it is publicly shown?
That info will probably go in the spoilers and speculation area after the screenings, so I would say the thread would be made a couple days before the 5th.
CJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 15:57   Link #487
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

For the record, the first episode airs on on the 6th. The 5th is a Saturday, unless that was with the time difference taken into account.

Old 2008-02-23, 09:29   Link #488
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Has Taniguchi expressed how he feels about some of the other characters like Nunnally, C.C., Kallen and the like or has he only expressed his feelings on Lelouch and Suzaku because it is their type that present the differing viewpoints on justice?
Yes. Only Lelouch and Suzaku, since "means and ends" is one of the themes of this series. He made a little comment on the Li sisters, but it's about their interaction with Lelouch as well. Can't recall any on other characters.

Quote:
They actually determine some character's progression and what happens to certain mechs based on the model sales? That doesn't surprise me for some reason, but it seems wrong.
Gundam series weren't called the advertisement anime for Bandai figures for nothing.
Some other examples in Gundam Seed Destiny (sorry for kept bringing this up, but this is the most $$$-oriented Gundam series) : Meyrin and Lunamaria. Meyrin, a perfectly normal girl with no sad background or whatsoever, suddenly betrayed her sister and her country when Athrun bumped into her room while she's taking a shower. The real reason is her figure sales is the worst among all GSD girls. So they give her a new look, fan-service scene, and pair her with Athrun. As for Lunamaria, all of a sudden she started dating Shinn, right after he murdered her sister Meylin. The reason is Shinn's popularity is miserable and they want to pull it up by pairing him with a popular girl. But on the contrary, he dragged her popularity down.

Hence people were screaming when the spoiler of Code Geass Ep19 was released. "Noooo!! Not Shinn-Lunamaria pairing again!! Pairing Suzaku and Kallen won't save Suzaku!! He will only drag Kallen down!!" Luckily that didn't happen. Thnk goodness Code Geass isn't Gundam and doesn't have to be bound by figure sales.
Quote:
Has Taniguchi showed the same attitude with his other works as Code Geass is the only one I have followed from start to finish when it was airing?
How does Kawaguchi seem to operate? Is it more along the same lines as Taniguchi? I've noticed that they each gave different views on the themes of Code Geass and I preferred Taniguchi's myself. Though I suppose that depends on how active he really his with everything since I am not entirely familiar with the job of a producer.
Also, what does Okouchi seem to do with the series he is involved in? I remember it being noted in the S and S thread how he seemed to write episodes that could fit a whole lot in without things appearing to rush, while episodes done by Yoshino seemed much slower paced and prone to sometimes unexplained events.
Code Geass is the first series that got me enthusiastic enough to follow all the interviews and radios. So I'm not familiar with Taniguchi's attitude in previous works. *sweatdrop* Same with Ōkouchi's work. But there's pretty high reputation in his previous works.

In the Animedia interview last May, Taniguchi said, "although I will try to make the audiance happy, there are things I can't give way."
So I won't worry about him being pushed around by fan opinions.

About producers, I think ashlay gave explainations a few pages ago. Producers (Kawaguchi and several others) give main direction and advices. Director Taniguchi, series composition Ōkouchi, and vice series composition Yoshino decide the story. And Taniguchi has the final say. For the themes, there are many things they're trying to express so maybe all of them are right. But I agree I like Taniguchi's better. And since he has the final say I'd go with his.
BTW, Kawaguchi has a track record of misleading fans. The most recent being "who's inside the Zero suit is still a secret" in Newtype January. And a further one being "it will be strange to end at an unstable state and keep the audiance hanging for 6 months, right?" ...Um, riiiight!

Yoshino is known for putting warp, amnesia, lesbian (coughNinacough) in his show, and oftentimes not giving explainations for events. But his script is fun. So people enjoy it anyway without taking it seriously. Yoshino knows how to make interesting background settings. It's up to Taniguchi and Ōkouchi to make things more reasonable.
It's also known that his pacing is awful and oftentimes has to rush in the end. It doesn't matter if he waste time on girls smooching in MaiHime, but not for Code Geass. Please! Just do the background setting and leave the script to Ōkouchi! >_<

Quote:
Did Taniguchi ever state how he felt about Colors by FLOW? I always felt that the opening was very well sychronized with that song.
It's perfect. Though I can't remember where, he did talk about Colors.
Colors is the image song of Code Geass. (That's why Code Geass started with Colors, and ends with Colors.) Its lyrics was written just for Lelouch.
Especially this part:
Light shines into my room that was completely empty.
I look up at the sky, which is blue and perfectly clear,
So I decided to open the window that was locked.
The moment that seem like both myself and even the world could be changed is always right here with me.

They describe Lelouch's feelings very well.
Quote:
Regarding Jeremiah again, is his cyborg form in any way a homage to Kazuma from s-CRY-ed? I noticed that the cyborg aspects of him looked quite similar to Kazuma's second alter form in many ways.
Many people suspected so. But no official words on this.

Last edited by Koshimizu; 2008-02-23 at 09:56.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 10:38   Link #489
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Wow, I didn't know character populairty affected things that much, though I had known they brought Kira back for that reason. Did popularity and such also cause Athrun and Cagalli to suddenly split?

I'm thankful that Taniguchi has things that he would not change. What would those things likely be though?

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping that Yoshino doesn't have too much weight with scripts in the future and that Okouchi handles most of the things as well. Code Geass was the first series that had me want to read the interviews and such as well.

Old 2008-03-03, 22:51   Link #490
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
Pretty sure everybody thought about this at first but...I wonder if there is a rational explanation.

During the first episode and Lelouch gets his Geass - he instantly knows how to use it and his expression at first was blank until the blood hit his face from the suicidal soldiers. He snapped back into reality.

Did he form some sort of Split personality there or did the Geass take him over for a second to display his power for him? O-o

Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 23:00   Link #491
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioshinobi View Post
Pretty sure everybody thought about this at first but...I wonder if there is a rational explanation.

During the first episode and Lelouch gets his Geass - he instantly knows how to use it and his expression at first was blank until the blood hit his face from the suicidal soldiers. He snapped back into reality.

Did he form some sort of Split personality there or did the Geass take him over for a second to display his power for him? O-o
Geass users inherently know how to use their powers, even if they don't understand all the limitations. That's what it gets for being a power based on "the DNA of the soul".

so no, Lelouch didn't develop a split personality, and is quite sane despite having naked green haired girls flying through his head every now and then. >_>
Old 2008-03-03, 23:02   Link #492
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I think he suddenly had an understanding of his power and then used it automatically, then sort of snapped out of it when he realized it had actually worked.

Also, regarding that whole monologue by Lelouch at the end of episode 1, was that speaking from a future perspective of looking back on the events of what happened in the series or was it him in the present speaking of his life before he got the Geass?

Old 2008-03-03, 23:07   Link #493
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Also, regarding that whole monologue by Lelouch at the end of episode 1, was that speaking from a future perspective of looking back on the events of what happened in the series or was it him in the present speaking of his life before he got the Geass?
yeah, I'd say he was talking about his life since the day he and Suzaku parted ways. Think the key line showing that would be his "and so..." at the end.
Old 2008-03-03, 23:11   Link #494
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Alright then, thanks. That had been bothering me for some reason.

Any idea what all those pretty lights were that appeared right before the scene with the Emperor talking about Ragnarok? They sort of gave the impression fo stars to me.

Also, since C.C. gave those images, does she knwo what they mean or are they all like the ones she gave with Suzaku where she doesn't know what they are?

Old 2008-03-03, 23:24   Link #495
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Alright then, thanks. That had been bothering me for some reason.

Any idea what all those pretty lights were that appeared right before the scene with the Emperor talking about Ragnarok? They sort of gave the impression fo stars to me.

Also, since C.C. gave those images, does she knwo what they mean or are they all like the ones she gave with Suzaku where she doesn't know what they are?
Offhand I'd say the lights are World of C connections that C.C., V.V. and Wakamoto use. That would also mean there are quite a few people in possession of such abilities, though given the situation with Marianne, who knows how many of them are alive...

uh, but that's just a theory. We never actually see anything quite like episode 1 again in any of the C.C. mind sequences, so it's near impossible to build a truly solid argument.
Old 2008-03-03, 23:32   Link #496
DeotoxSlayer

In episode 5 when the girl was making the mark on the wall, Lelouch called "his power" Geass, and then C.C asked Geass in a questioning tone, and Lelouch said "My Power. Isn't that what you called it when I contracted with you."

So apparently someone else talked to him during the contract, and it wasn't shown in the episode.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 23:35   Link #497
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yeah, it is hard to make any solid guesses on images like those since they were never brought up again. I still get "land of the dead" vibes from all this for some reason. The fact that it seems that is where dead people (at least Marianne, Mao, and Clovis) go sort of gives a bit of evidence to that as do C.C.'s comments that seem to indicate a want to die. Then again, isn't an immortal wanting to die a bit too cliche?

Anyway, thanks again.

Old 2008-03-03, 23:47   Link #498
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
In episode 5 when the girl was making the mark on the wall, Lelouch called "his power" Geass, and then C.C asked Geass in a questioning tone, and Lelouch said "My Power. Isn't that what you called it when I contracted with you."

So apparently someone else talked to him during the contract, and it wasn't shown in the episode.
I believe he just said "during the contract, that's what I heard." >_>

C.C. has no idea what he's talking about when he first uses the word. Though who knows, maybe her smirk wasn't about the fact Lelouch was testing the capabilities of his powers, maybe it was about something else.
Old 2008-03-03, 23:50   Link #499
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I thought she was smirking about the name more than anything, though I have to wonder what the smirk was about then. Maybe she knew someone else that called it that?

Old 2008-03-13, 09:36   Link #500
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

I didn;t understand,
Spoiler for C.C.:
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a