Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-17, 02:28   Link #821
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Didn't they say they were releasing in batches. Setting up new servers as they went in an effort to avoid those problems?
Dunno, but its a total cockup atm. At the absolute least they should have designated some servers an (Oceanic) tag, even if they game is not released down here yet. Since they have not prevented us from purchasing the game or being able to log in it should have been blindingly obvious something like this would happen. That they stuck their heads in the sand about it because it wasn't 'officially' released is either arrogance or wilful ignorance.

Releasing servers as oceanic after the game is released is too late because communities will already be established and unwilling to move.

I guess there is the outside possibility that they may setup servers locally when the game releases down here, but I highly doubt it. Its much too expensive, and apparently we aren't worth it.

Having said that, personally I've been lucky since I log in before the queue starts in the morning, and I've only crashed once. But I know others that aren't

Also, where the heck is the grace period for if you DC. There was supposed to be one apparently.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2011-12-17 at 02:44.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 03:43   Link #822
Westlo
Lets be reality

Man I'm like totally stumped on what class to play.. never really happened to me before with an MMO...

And yeah the oceanic situation is just lolz, was going to roll on switfsure or whatever but I guess the wound of the force is the new/2nd unofficial aussie pvp server so I'll go to that server so I can actually play the game.

Edit - Female Body Type 4 = "Dat ass".

Last edited by Westlo; 2011-12-17 at 05:16.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 10:10   Link #823
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

they should allow free server transfer for a month.
Old 2011-12-17, 11:39   Link #824
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Speaking of servers, now that early access is starting to roll out well, who's on what server and faction?

I'm on the Progenitor with my imperials, which means I'm free to pick another server for my republic characters.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 12:36   Link #825
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Ask them a question about the main story, they'll "Derp?"
The guy already did the story in beta.

As for sides, i believe you can make characters on both sides within the same server.
Old 2011-12-17, 14:13   Link #826
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
The guy already did the story in beta.

As for sides, i believe you can make characters on both sides within the same server.
Aaah that counts, but he coulda rolled another class and did their story
Old 2011-12-17, 14:13   Link #827
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I know, but since I probably won't be doing a lot of talking with my Imperial friends as a Republic, I figured I might as well roll Republic characters on a server with the people here.
Old 2011-12-17, 14:16   Link #828
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

join a RP-pve server, and I'll meet you up there I'll be doing either Trooper or Jedi Guardian first.
Old 2011-12-17, 15:55   Link #829
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Unlike at the start of WoW, you can be other both sides on the same server.
Old 2011-12-17, 16:32   Link #830
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Aye, but since I've already made my choice for the European servers, and most of the people I know there play Imperial, I figured I'd find a place to hang out with the community here.
Old 2011-12-17, 17:53   Link #831
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Keroko means a server to make a character to hang with Animesuki buds.
Old 2011-12-18, 19:47   Link #832
lightbringer
M9000

Got a Guardian up to 32 so far. Story is good. It's not going to win any literature prizes but it's typical Bioware fare and fits Star Wars well. The class story boss fights are actually a bit challenging if you solo them - you really have to use your skills and especially the interrupts to shut down the devastating chaincasts and keep your equipment up to date to stay alive. You fight against other force users from time to time and they have the whole bag of tricks - Force push, Force pull, Force choke, lightning storms, special lightsaber moves, etc. Some have special mechanics specific to the encounter that you need to watch out for, like giant death rays that can instakill you. There's a lot of drama about this stuff on the forums over at SWTOR, so much that I'm afraid they'll nerf those fights.

One of the things I like most are the destructible environment props, like cryogen tanks and fuel pipes, that you can shoot / use the Force on during various encounters in order to even the odds a bit in your favor. Some will poison (DOT), some do straight damage, some will stun strong enemies so you can pick them off one by one if you're fast. A few even kill the entire group they are connected with.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 19:50   Link #833
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ people who complain about the stories kinda annoys me, they made like what, 8 diffrent stories? with how many diffrent dialogs? people are just too picky DX

Oh... by the waaaaay..... LONGEST WEEKEND EVER! HURRY UP TUESDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Old 2011-12-18, 21:23   Link #834
Jaden

The story is the meat of this game, so it's a legitimate point to criticise. It's a problem if it's quantity over quality. Also one quest line on each planet is class specific. The rest, while more interesting than the regular MMO fare, is not something I want to repeat 4 times.

I haven't played the game enough yet to know, but I see myself probably quitting after playthroughs with one imperial and one republic character. Anything beyond that seems just like grinding and twinking out, which I explored enough in certain other games and don't have the time for now.
Old 2011-12-18, 23:20   Link #835
Mr Hat and Clogs

I'm enjoying the story a fair bit. The inquisitor one has a fair amount of political manoeuvring and intrigue, which if you get into it is a lot of fun. I'm waiting for the inevitable betrayal though, it will be epic with all the set-up that has been done.

Lvl 31 one and haven't left Tatooine (probably 1/2-3/4 the way through I guess), but have run across people that are lvl 29 and have done both Tatooine and Alderaan.

Side note: the quest Blood and Sand, is crazy. Its a level 28 4 man elite, I did it with 3 at 30, 31 and 32 each and we had a decent challenge. 5 packs, 4 elites and 1 strong each and the boss at the end. A real solid challenge for just a quest, which kinda came out of left field since I had been duo'n near all other heroics with a friend.
Old 2011-12-19, 09:50   Link #836
Westlo
Lets be reality

After doing a main run through with Sith and the other side I'll probably level up other characters and just focus on the class story and skim/skip as much of the world content as I can. Heck just playing PVP while I get my companions to craft will be an awesome feature...

All my mirrored classes I'm just going to spec the opposite Advanced class.. so while I have a Sith Marudader and a Commando I'll make a Jedi Guardian and a Powertech.

My female commando is called Sheppard... Jennifer Hale ftw... though I think the Imperial Agent's Female VA is awesome as.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 10:08   Link #837
Jaden

Did anyone actually manage to find datacrons without aid? I found some on Korriban and Dormund Kaas, but anything beyond that I would never have without spending hours just observing the environment. Some of the hoops you have to run through to get to them are crazy, like a certain balloon. Didn't know Bioware could be such trolls
Old 2011-12-19, 19:13   Link #838
Mr Hat and Clogs

Actually it seems that all the heroic 4 mans from Tatooine onward took it up a notch or two.

LOL, I heard about that balloon, not sure how to get too it though. Apparently there are 5-6 Holocrons per world (60ish in total), and with the perma-stat increase some do its probably worth hunting them down.

Has anyone noticed any sort of pop culture references? I cant say I've noticed anything. Although ergonomic chairs are apparently pure evil.
Old 2011-12-19, 19:39   Link #839
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Well, got to start playing Saturday evening, after family obligations were taken care of. Kind of burnt the midnight oil to get my Legacy Surname as soon as possible (was in beta for 8 months, so I've already watched the story unfold a gazillion times).

Playing a Marauder, since it's a class I'd never really played in Beta. Trying to avoid the official forums like a plague, since it's nothing but sheer QQ, most of it completely groundless. I feel my brain melting whenever I break down and take a peek at them.

If you see anyone running around with 'The Beautiful Legacy' under their Nameplate on Ajunta Pall, say hi. Also, if any of you are on Ajunta Pall and want to farm Black Talon for Social Points (any levels welcome), send a holler.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 19:47   Link #840
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Considering how much Star Wars "lore" there is, pop culture references take a back seat to all that. Though I'm sure I saw some...there was that quest to rescue Neku cubs for the enviromental nutcase, and her wounded detractor friend that would rather have then all shot.

Tags
bioware, lucasarts, mmorpg, star wars, windows