AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-08, 00:24   Link #221
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marower View Post
Almost makes me believe the season will be longer, but I seriously doubt that. Although I haven't seen any news about when it will end.
Episode 12 will be the last TV episode, airing on 21 December. As was mentioned, there are usually specials that follow each season later.
Old 2012-12-08, 02:49   Link #222
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Speaking of Honeycomb's ending, I'm kinda thinking when will Ume Aoki finish her manga?

Still, I'll be pretty saddened that Sae and Hiro will graduate soon... After all, it's 3 months to go!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 10:29   Link #223
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hiro and Sae's graduation is growing closer... it's going to hit me hard when it finally happens. I hope the story will continue even without them. Although I would immensely miss Hiro and Sae, it could be nice to have new tenants move in. I would love Chika to take her sister's pace, but that's probably not happening.
Old 2012-12-08, 10:50   Link #224
Requiem-x
The slacking one

It finally hit me...

Spoiler for Episode 10:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 23:13   Link #225
Midonin
Last Engage

Honeycomb is doing duets for its character songs (on the bonus CDs), and there's a nice little surprise among them. One of the duets is Sae and Chika. Chika's never gotten a character song. Though I'm expecting great things from the Yoshinoya/Principal duet.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 22:04   Link #226
Midonin
Last Engage

Hidamari x Honeycomb 11 - A Very Merry Hidamari Christmas

Such a wonderful episode. With this duology of episodes centering around Christmas and New Years', it looks like Sae and Hiro won't be graduating in this season after all. It was built up to, sure, but it's not happening just yet. Yuno did say they have three months, after all.

The first segment with Yoshinoya was sweet. She was quite the troublemaker, even as a kid, and finding more out about her family situation was nice. She's got a cute little nephew and a whole stash of art books. Loved the gag with her alarm clock. I can only imagine her recording session for that. Though Yoshinoya's had a much smaller presence than usual this season, this episode made up for that.

The Christmas segment.. Misato Fukuen is on a roll lately. Poor Natsume. I thought she might feel like a seventh wheel in all this, but she made it through the Christmas party swimmingly. There were even some NatsuSae hints! Not that Sae and Hiro will ever break up, but Natsume got her foot in the door. The festive mood of the party and the secret Santa game were also a real treat to watch. Yuno did work for Santa Claus (who is also Chika), so she knows a thing or two about throwing good Christmas parties.

I love this season so much.
Old 2012-12-16, 16:22   Link #227
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Very sweet Christmas episode.

Yoshinoya's alarm clock is just wonderful. I expected nothing less from her. Finding out more about her family was nice. Unlike the girls, I didn't mistake her brother for her boyfriend, I knew she couldn't possibly have a lover . Yoshinoya advising her nephew call her "Princess" was very funny.

The second segment was just as enjoyable. Natsume hasn't had enough screentime for my taste during this season; this almost made up for it. I too was afraid she would feel out of place at the party, but she fit just fine with everybody else. The final scene was adorable. No, Natsume herself is adorable. Such a lovely character, knowing that she has no chance with Sae is painful.

As for the gifts, Miyako's longcat pillow was the best. Nazuna's watch wasn't too bad either. Wonder how much it truly cost...
Old 2012-12-20, 20:22   Link #228
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 04:26   Link #229
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for final thoughts:
Spoiler for answer:
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 11:10   Link #230
Midonin
Last Engage

Hidamari x Honeycomb 12 - And A Happy New Year

Four seasons. Still a bit surprising that Hidamari has been running that long. But it's never lost its charm along the way. This season was probably the best yet, bringing together several years of character moments and memories, while propelling itself towards a finale that's still another season or two away. And knowing the show's reception in Japan, a fifth season may very well happen, and I'll be there for it, too. The voice work of Kana Asumi and the others, the songs of marble and the animation of Shaft have proven an unbeatable combination.

I was surprised at all the focus Nazuna got in this last episode of the season, barring the specials. Miyako still got her moments with the stamp, and even Natsume and Yoshinoya returned for a goodbye and a welcome. It looks like Natsume's a little less shy around Sae now, but even getting closer is still too far in this case. I think Sae and Hiro's last three months are going to be emotionally difficult, but with people like Miya around, never sad.

Such a wonderful show. These people feel like old friends by now. Kana Asumi may be starring in the next Shaft series that'll take over Hidamari's time slot, but before Sasami, she'll always be Yuno to me. And then maybe Nyarko.
Old 2012-12-21, 16:48   Link #231
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Landlady-san scores a tenhou (or chihou)!
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 12:45   Link #232
Midonin
Last Engage

The newest Hidamarble album is out, and as always, it's lovely. The acoustic version of "Open Canvas" is so fun to listen to, and the image songs are top-notch as always.
Old 2013-02-06, 22:34   Link #233
kamo

So my boyfriend watched all of Honeycomb with me, but he thinks the main ships are Miyako/Sae and Natsume/Nazuna.... ;-;
Old 2013-02-07, 14:06   Link #234
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamo View Post
So my boyfriend watched all of Honeycomb with me, but he thinks the main ships are Miyako/Sae and Natsume/Nazuna.... ;-;
Is he wearing glasses? If not, you might want to give him some. If he does, tell him to check his prescription; he's apparently in dire need of a new pair.
Old 2013-02-07, 20:11   Link #235
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

More like "right faces, wrong names". Apparently I'm almost as bad at matching the faces of anime characters to their names as I am with real people.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 08:18   Link #236
teja208
Critical fanboy

Or wrong type of googles perhaps?

Well anyway, just give him a break already, it's not like you have no right to ship anyone or anything to your hearts content. It's your own taste after all. I would be interested in hearing how he ships characters from other anime.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 21:32   Link #237
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Hidamari Sketch Gets New Anime of Sae & Hiro's Graduation
Old 2013-03-03, 21:42   Link #238
Midonin
Last Engage

So the moment will come.
Old 2013-03-03, 23:28   Link #239
Yunocchi

I really hope this won't be the end of the anime.
Yunocchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 02:12   Link #240
teja208
Critical fanboy

I don't think it's the end although I haven't read the later volumes. If that's the case, I'm sure we will hear some kind of announcement on ANN and something like "this is the final season" or "Hidamari Sketch manga is ending" or "Aoki Ume is working on a new project."
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen