AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2011-04-27, 06:02   Link #1661
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
@lolitron: what can I say dude, just compare to the serious Hanasaku Iroha's yuri train, kinbaku fail, wet yukata, etc. Point being that Aria has no plot to speak of, while other shows do both at their leisure
LIES

Aria has plot and story if not no people will even care to watch it or even give time to translate it. It has 4 volume fully translated and half of vol 5 translated. You need a dedicated translator for that and you won't find that in a story with lame story.

I know and read the novel so I know it has a great plot and character development but aside that back to the anime.

You can't judge it with only 2 episode shown. Kinji is just starting to come back to assault division. The story is just starting to unfold and comparing the plot of Aria with IS.

-_- oh great I know the story of IS too and it only started to have a real story on it's later book.
Old 2011-04-27, 06:43   Link #1662
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

What on Earth is a dedicated translator?

Well, episode's tomorrow.
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 06:52   Link #1663
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
LIES

Aria has plot and story if not no people will even care to watch it or even give time to translate it. It has 4 volume fully translated and half of vol 5 translated. You need a dedicated translator for that and you won't find that in a story with lame story.

I know and read the novel so I know it has a great plot and character development but aside that back to the anime.

You can't judge it with only 2 episode shown. Kinji is just starting to come back to assault division. The story is just starting to unfold and comparing the plot of Aria with IS.

-_- oh great I know the story of IS too and it only started to have a real story on it's later book.
True enough. This series is one of few examples where you thought it was devoid of plot or not apparent at first but it turns out there is actually one (a great one too imo). Even after watching 2 episodes, you can smell a hint of plot of it already. Only one must need to remove their "this is cliche, this is boring crap" mindset to detect it. I can form mysteries already just by watching 2 episodes...
Spoiler for mysteries:

But that's that. Anyways, I don't want to write details that risks exposing of something from the novel or hinting at them so I'll stop here.

Back to topic, I don't see many people that liked Aria here (except Chiibi) because she's obnoxious. Personally, I like Riko better than Aria. Appearance, personality, and seiyuu -wise. But since Aria is a tsundere, that means we can expect a dere side to her later, no? Now I wonder how many people here would change side if they saw her dere.
Suiri Megami Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 06:55   Link #1664
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Well I certainly do believe we'll see her dere side, but I thought her nyaa nyaa was a good start for that, at least the way she sounded like

Quote:
Yeah, Aria really has a better novel following than even Infinite Stratos, and 2 episode's isn't enough to judge Aria's plot yet (Aria made a comment about not inheriting something. That's a good thought provoker). Compared to the I.S. anime, Aria's plot 2 eps in hasn't been scratched yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
actually, the prize for best fanservice this season goes to: Ore-Tachi
constantly delivering high-quality-service from the first eppy.
Definitely, that's one series where I whole-heartedly accept any jiggly boobies that come on screen

Quote:
^^ I need to catch up with the eroge adaptions of the season, since every other show distracts me from 'em by playing their (that would be eroge) cards
Looks like we both have other stuff we need to watch too it's just for some reason my relaxing anime fix comes from Hoshizora and Astarotte
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 07:08   Link #1665
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
What on Earth is a dedicated translator?
Facepalm. head bangs on the desk........... you win.

okay back to the story. tomorrow is episode 3 right? then it's a couple more hours. Better sleep and be back to watch it.

And onto story of Aria. plot wise. You can try to depicts from episode 1 and 2 a bit of info and analyze it and not watch it just for shirayan and Aria.

Aria being hasty on making Kinji her slave, the yet to be catch butei killer. Then why was Kinji want to be normal and transfer if his already 2nd year in butei high. If he really hates it he shouldn't enter it to begin with. And Aria why was a girl with royal blood being a butei. Isn't that alone kinda suspicious to you. Kinji and Shirayan relationship.
Old 2011-04-27, 07:26   Link #1666
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Yeah, that deadly pic posted before the series aired was a good preview:

I demands more Riko in frilly-frilly dress!

Quote:
I mentioned it in the Dog Days thread, but seriously, green colored short-haired girl strikes again. Seriously! It's becoming too much of an archtype on its own already That's why Teruya Eiko truly stands on her own by breaking that tradition.
That one is different - this one is the quiet kuudere type.

Though both share the similarity of having flat chest-*gets a bullet plugged through his head*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 07:55   Link #1667
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
You need to fund her a new bag, where she can magically store that sniper rifle
Eh... Alright who deducted two million bucks from my swiss account?

Quote:
By ep 03, I'm going to have to control myself from not trying to peek up Reki's skirt just because I want to see a rabbit tail
Closer! Cloooser...!

*sniped thrice*
Old 2011-04-27, 08:07   Link #1668
mangatron

Quote:
And onto story of Aria. plot wise. You can try to depicts from episode 1 and 2 a bit of info and analyze it and not watch it just for shirayan and Aria.

Aria being hasty on making Kinji her slave, the yet to be catch butei killer. Then why was Kinji want to be normal and transfer if his already 2nd year in butei high. If he really hates it he shouldn't enter it to begin with. And Aria why was a girl with royal blood being a butei. Isn't that alone kinda suspicious to you. Kinji and Shirayan relationship.
Those points are definitely interesting, for just 2 episodes, and I certainly want to see how it all turns out

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Eh... Alright who deducted two million bucks from my swiss account?
Pfft, definitely isn't enough to pay for the shipping and handling from another world in the multi-verse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That one is different - this one is the quiet kuudere type.

Though both share the similarity of having flat chest-*gets a bullet plugged through his head*
Ha ha, you guys keep up getting shot at, people have jobs making those bullets you know

Actually, my joke goes way back when I returned to this forum at the start of 2010, and it generally refers to the green colored, short haired girl:

-Winter 2010: Shizuka from Omamori Himari, surprise surprise, kuudere

Spring 2010: Korone from Dai Maou, har har, a kuudere again

Summer 2010: honestly we had a break, as far as I remember

Fall 2010: Noa from MM!, genius with a screw loose in the head

Winter 2011: maybe Sayaka from Madoka, though she leans on the aqua side.

Spring 2011: Eclair from Dog Days and Reki from Hidan No Aria, though we can clearly see we might need to classify Reki as Aqua colored

As you can see, Teruya Eiko really hit home with me, with her green ponytail, big boobies, certainly a rare emerald among the lush green plains of the countryside... wait, I'm not implying those above girls are as flat as a plain field of grass
Old 2011-04-27, 08:36   Link #1669
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Spring 2011: Eclair from Dog Days and Reki from Hidan No Aria, though we can clearly see we might need to classify Reki as Aqua colored
Eclair is. Apparently reducing the chest size has an inversely exponential effect to the level of tsundere. :heh;

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 10:33   Link #1670
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
@tsunade/animeruri: As with I.S the novels might be great and all, but their anime don't give any indication of plot, or character development... and at least I.S was visually appealing.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 10:35   Link #1671
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

IS has no plot from volumes 1 to 5.

Anyways, I disagree with you.
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 11:13   Link #1672
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
@tsunade/animeruri: As with I.S the novels might be great and all, but their anime don't give any indication of plot, or character development... and at least I.S was visually appealing.
Isn't it alittle too early for that assessment? We are still in the introductory stage of the anime with like 2 episodes aired only.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 11:24   Link #1673
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
Like what Chaos2Frozen said, it's too early for that conclusion. There are only 2 episodes aired so far. And I disagree that the anime doesn't give an indication of a plot. Like what I have said earlier, you can find hints of the possible event if you pay close attention to the details and take off the prejudice you have in the series.

Regarding visual appeal, it is a matter of one's preference so it's purely subjective.
Suiri Megami Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 11:34   Link #1674
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Early it is, BUT many shows manage to show at least a lot promise in the first couple of episodes, and it's rather rare for a show to make 180° turn within one cours
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 11:52   Link #1675
mangatron

Quote:
Early it is, BUT many shows manage to show at least a lot promise in the first couple of episodes, and it's rather rare for a show to make 180° turn within one cours
Well, think about it this way. HnA does not spend its time on details as if we just watched Kinji from childbirth till anime start. We see Shirayandere infiltrating his apartment with nary a long lead in as to her introduction, heck Aria needed no introduction in ep 01, and even Riko needed no introduction.

The main plot going on now, is quite simple but very much a big foundation: Aria's looking for a partner, she saved a guy who then saved her, in the process he showed her something he didn't want anyone to see. Now she wants to know the truth about how a low ranked dude was able to save a S ranked girl, and the big test coming up is an assault mission.

I honestly find it decent enough or 2 eps, sure we haven't seen one bit of a pantsu for more than 2 seconds, but I've seen blushing Aria, Tirade Aria, determined Aria, giddy Riko, super giddy Riko, Yandere Shirayuki and Aura of Death Shirayuki, seeing quite a bit of character personalities in 2 eps so far is highly acceptable to me, and I'm enjoying it so far.

By comparison, Astarotte is moving at a slow pace, but deserves it. Dog Days has a world that just had about 14 hours of timeline go by in 4 eps, Sengoku Otome can't get any simpler than "find the red armor", Ore-tachi still confuses some, but delights others, TWGOK still did a 2 ep per capture episode rate going, several more out there, but really now, it's not all bad. Just, different things are different in how they are meant to be enjoyed, and HnA has it's own way of doing things.
Old 2011-04-27, 12:23   Link #1676
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
True, an RPG-ish high school setting with guns, cute girls, and a decent protagonist, what's not promising?

From the second episode I could tell that the story has an opening that allows the characters to get involve in real incidents rather than a protective training environment. So if you want to talk about potential, there's alot right there. In addition, the simple mentioning of a foreign butei implies a global organization rather than an isolated base in Japan which sets up the possibly of international incidents, further increasing the potential of the story.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 12:43   Link #1677
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:

Anyways, just wanted to post this.

Just look at her, so cute

What the hell where's her heart shaped hair pin? ALAAAAAAARM missing heart pin detected everyone find it now!
Lol well, her pin is what holds up her bangs and her bangs are down so I don't think the artist "forgot" to draw the pin.

SOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE.

*hugs*

I'm a girl so no fanboys will get jealous if I hug Aria. Being female has its advantages.
Old 2011-04-27, 13:23   Link #1678
Crackabad

ive read up to volume 5 and believe me
it gets goooooood
dont judge after 2 episodes

btw, im sure its been mentioned, but how far into the novels is the anime planning on covering?
Old 2011-04-27, 13:42   Link #1679
Zakoo

The main problem is the setting. With a modern setting, guns, loli, a cool badass power like HSS who would have thought it could turn ... well like that.

Still yeah there's a story.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 13:54   Link #1680
dragon132004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackabad View Post
ive read up to volume 5 and believe me
it gets goooooood
dont judge after 2 episodes

btw, im sure its been mentioned, but how far into the novels is the anime planning on covering?
Yeah that's my thoughts exactly.. And as for the anime adaptation my guess they will go till Volume 5 since this is gonna be 1 cour.
dragon132004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere